What WILL you make with a GPS enabled or very detailed track editor?

• Thread starter smskeeter23
  • 1,100 comments
I wonder if we will see anything about the Course Maker during the upcoming Tokyo Game Show. It will be miraculous if we do.

For a while now I have had a feeling that getting a feature that is surely planned to be fully realised on PS4 is proving difficult to bring to PS3 in a satisfactory state. That is based on nothing but a hunch and I have a habit of being wrong.

I wonder if we will see anything about the Course Maker during the upcoming Tokyo Game Show. It will be miraculous if we do.

For a while now I have had a feeling that getting a feature that is surely planned to be fully realised on PS4 is proving difficult to bring to PS3 in a satisfactory state. That is based on nothing but a hunch and I have a habit of being wrong.
PD isn't even there...

I dont think anyone cares anymore... its been a year and a half. :P
Starting to think this is canceled.

We're past 1 year and 9 months and from "cutting it close for launch" to "it's in beta" there has been no news, no teasers - nothing. Ah right - "it's taking us long time to code this thing lols"
was the latest one.

Those two first statements by Kaz now looks like simple BS.

How can you go from "almost ready" to a beta after a year and then nothing after another year ? (cant remember when was the beta statement)

The longest "almost ready" and the longest "beta testing" ever.
As nice as it would be I really don't see the point of anyone having hopes for seeing it come to GT6 anymore, Lets be honest now what with the fact "I say fact loosely" PS3 production has ended or very near to ending.

The whole advertising situation PD is in hot water about and it seems PD is not much more than a marketing machine these days with more emphasis on promoting Nissans young driver program and advertising for other automotive brands (VGT), We should probably start forgetting about any possibility of a course maker.
See below:

Different post for a different thread. Try to discuss what you would do if it came (just theoretically).

i would make
1- as much real tracks replicas as i can
2- the coolest mountain pass with corners and hairpins and all that
3- the road from home to work to never be late again

i don't like to use " would make " when i should be using " i am making " and i actually almost lost any faith in " i will "

A small point-to-point street circuit

Turn 1: A sharp, tight turn with no room for error- that'll lead to contact with the walls.
Turn 2: Higher speed corner, elevated wall on outside means understeer could cost you
Turn 3-4-5 (chicane): a small chicane designed to slow the cars down for the slightly curved straight
Turn 6; a sharp turn on to a much wider road, more room to play a bit
Turn 7-8-9-10 (chicane): a longer chicane; will allow for slower straight line speeds- reduced risk of braking too late
Turn 11: a tight hairpin

Over to finish.
Of happenings!

(Still relevant, want to make this badly)

I have ideas of what I want to make.
tumblr_liut6mjsZf1qixleeo1_250.gif

Wow well what do you know... here we are, it's go time. Time for those of you submitting ideas to go make them virtual reality!

It does say that gps data can be imported so while it's not directly in the app it can be captured via GPS! This also means it is directly editable.

No idea if elevation is also translated, it doesn't look to me like it will be sadly.

Ironically my home track has a "sunset cruise" on track next friday that I know absolutely plan on attending :sly::D

This will make the wait for my PC build and transfer to PC sims a little easier to deal with.

I'd try it out if I could still play GT6.
Actually went ahead and got rid of it huh?

I gotta be honest... I'm already almost getting a bit burned out on the new editor, and I gave up on the game in general a cpl of months ago. But, I won't get rid of it entirely. Kudos for doing what you said you would though lol

I still think of this from time to time. I even recorded another couple of places to put in the system:

Wonder if this could possibly happen now....

Back