What woud spoil GT4?

  • Thread starter Thread starter 911_gt3_rs
  • 137 comments
  • 5,198 views
and even if the GCN was somehow worse then the ps2, theres still the xbox :sly:

besides, 1 reason it would be better is that you can play with 4 people, without worrying it will slow down!

playing gran turismo 3 2 players sometimes slows down, and notice you cant race on monico for 2 players? thats cause the ps2 cant handle it.
 
Code the point was it would not be the same game because of the size of the disc. But you have a point there. This is all hypothetical :). Yes it would be better on Xbox just like 100% of all console games on earth.
 
GameBoyFX
if it was on the game cube it would be better, cause it is a better system

wich means better graphics and performance

and if it was on the xbox it would be just...incredible

:sly: Not the sound like a PS2 fanboy, but GT4 would look half as beutiful on the Xbox. ****, the xbox can't even get Forza above 30 fps. Just imagine what GT4 would look like at 30 fps. I dare not to imagine, 'cause I would have ugly nightmares the whole night. AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! :sly:
 
GT4 would be much less attractive to me if they made it like some other games and made it too hard and too tedious to get anywhere in the game. For example, if they allowed the AI to cheat and so on, therefore making it very hard to progress in the game.

Another thing would be if they allowed stupid exploits to be used online, I.E. wallriding (although we know that specific problem has been addressed.)

Another thing that would obviously ruin it is if PD designed to pull a Concept/Prolouge and not release it in the US!
 
Takumi Fujiwara
Another thing that would obviously ruin it is if PD designed to pull a Concept/Prolouge and not release it in the US!

Do you know what... I would laugh SO hard if this happened?!

Maybe KY is an Islamic fundamentalist and hates the US and has joined up with Al Queda!!!

C.
 
Careful, Yeti...

What I think would spoil the game is if lessons learned from GT2 aren't mastered. This includes easter eggs galore, little emphasis on some cars, horrendous music (I don't consider some of the songs bad from GT2), and... basically, if GT4 is the second coming of GT2 with the graphical quality of GT3, we're ****ed.

As far as on-track action goes, if the collision physics were like Pole Position (touch a car, and blow up big) or the Ridge Racer series (touch a car, and you'll slow down considerably while the car ahead zooms out into the lead), it would suck. If the races were like R.C. Pro AM on the NES where the yellow car will almost always win the race in later stages, it would suck. And oh yes... if the AI drive like thugs off of the backstreets of New York or Los Angeles, while race fans hate on you like some Philidelphia sports fans (i.e.: "Pro Race Driver," except for the Philly fans part), it would suck major ass for sure.

Graphics wise? If the models could have been designed more accuately and Photo Mode crashes too often, it would suck. If the cars look too cheap and the scenery looks more like "Daytona USA" in the arcades, it would suck. If the car graphics look more like a middle school Science Fair project than something damn-near-real, then it would suck. Biggest disappointment would be if the graphics were below par of Need for Speed classic or Sega Touring Car Championship.

Having said that, I want this game. What would spoil it? That question sounds more of a deterrent. Nothing's holding me back except being so overjoyed, I get a heart attack or pass out after seeing lovely graphics. Almost reminiscent of when a girl falls in love with the sight of a beautiful and powerful supercar. Carry on then. And congratulations to Louisiana Tech for putting a hurtin' on the Nevada Wolfpack while I'm off-topic. I own a GameCube, so I'm aware of its capabilities. Wasn't that Resident Evil game on two discs for the GameCube?
 
Is it just me or do the Prologue cars look kinda skinny and high? They just look different (not considering graphics wise) to GT2 (don't have 3 :dunce: ). They just seem to have a different shape...
 
What Cosmic earlier in this thread said,Ferrari would spoil GT4.If there were,let's say 5 Ferrari's in the game they would take the focus off the other cars wich isn't too good.That would mean Polyphony had included +/-300 cars just for the heck of it.I don't know if that also goes for Lamborghini or Porsche.Popular sportscars have that effect on poeple.Other than that would be making the physics too real,wich would be too hard for at least 50% of all GT gamers around the world.That would turn a lot of poeple down.But that probably won't happen.

@Enema
You should change the Screen Aspect Ratio(in the options menu) from 16:9 to 4:3,that should fix it.
 
If Gt4 turned out to be 'checkered flag' for the Sinclair Spectrum - and you had to play it using a rubber keyboard.

(thats one for the brits out there :) )
 
What *would* spoil GT4? Active stability management, but then you can turn that off.

What *will* spoil GT4? The soundtrack.
 
Thanks GTChamp.

I think what would ruin the whole 'great physics' thing is the fact that when you slide into a wall when your car is at a 45 degree or so angle, you aren't meant to bounce off, you should spin out as if you really crashed.
 
jjboi
Not the sound like a PS2 fanboy

You failed.

And where do people get this 30 fps thing from? Alot of xbox games run at 60 :P. Idiots.
 
Enema
Thanks GTChamp.

I think what would ruin the whole 'great physics' thing is the fact that when you slide into a wall when your car is at a 45 degree or so angle, you aren't meant to bounce off, you should spin out as if you really crashed.

I'm pretty sure you'd more embed the car into the wall than "spin out"?!

C.
 
code_kev
You failed.

And where do people get this 30 fps thing from? Alot of xbox games run at 60 :P. Idiots.

But more run at 30fps, at least the good Xbox games do, few great games run at 60fps.

But anyway. I dont think any thing can ruin GT4, there should be somehting for everyone.
 
"But more run at 30fps, at least the good Xbox games do, few great games run at 60fps."

I'm sorry, but that's utter crap

Ninja Gaiden, RSC1 and 2, jetset radio future, dead or alive 3, panzer orta, otogi, Sega GT, PGR 1, soul cal 2, burn out 2 and 3, thug and more.

The ones that do run at 30 for a good reason as they push the system very hard, games like riddick, halo, doom 3 etc. I wager that the ps2 couldn't do riddick at 30 fps :P. GT4 runs like it does because its low poly, low detail, no damage, no interiors etc etc, they made cut backs to keep the fps up :P.

What your saying is like saying "my pentium 3 500 is better then you 3ghz P4, because I get 100 fps on duke 3d, while you only get 30 on doom 3". Utter crap.
 
Outrun 2 is 60 fps too. I´ve just played the demo yesterday, it rocks!! 👍
 
Hiya! :D :O :lol: Meow! (='.'=)


Online hackers would spoil GT4 real badly as it will motivate people to NOT play online...just like I heard of from Need For Speed: Underground. :odd: :O
 
"Ninja Gaiden, RSC1 and 2, jetset radio future, dead or alive 3, panzer orta, otogi, Sega GT, PGR 1, soul cal 2, burn out 2 and 3, thug"

Well code are all those the "top" Xbox exclusive games? no. You missunderstood me. And were does the PS2 fit into Xbox games? Damn dude you ack like Xbox is your saviour so quick to be snooty. Were does this hostity come from? I said "Few Top games" meaning there are some, geez dude take a pill. Your analogy is not what i was saying, I wasnt saying anything about the system or its power.
 
Well If they told them that they were adding 200+ more cars and it would take another half an year... Maybe... :ouch: :grumpy: :yuck: :crazy:
 
what would spoil it is not being able to select reverse using the gearstick
ie change down gears all the way through neutral to reverse


as a driving force pro setup is way too hard to find the reverse in the centre of the wheel after doing 1.5 turns of the bastard
 
If you're unhappy with the wheel, I'll gladly take it off your hands. That goes for any other owners too. :P
 
if PD uses the classic enginesounds, that would spoil GT4. I'm getting tired of these unrealistic noizes.......brummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :indiff:
 
Solid Lifters
I'll agree with Darin. Photo Mode blows. But, I'll still buy it.

Just think, how much faster we would have gotten this game if there was no Photo Mode.

not much faster...the only thing they had to do with photomode was create a few texture maps and take the replay camera and enable still sthots...it's not like they had to do a ton of research.... 💡
 
Back