What woud spoil GT4?

  • Thread starter Thread starter 911_gt3_rs
  • 137 comments
  • 5,198 views
ERB
Well , IMO what sets Gran Turismo apart from the opposition is the attention to detail in the car setup side..

PD , have been quoted saying they will do their best to incorporate as much of the single player game into the online side as possible .( and granted i know they cant create miracles )..

With this in mind , and with the amount of time they have had developing GT over the years , surely if they wanted GT to stand head and shoulders above the competition , as it should , then car set up's should be incorporated in the online side ,or it would become another arcade racer with different tracks and cars ...( and i thought PD were doing their best to create a SIM )

Lets face it , we have NFSU / PGR2 which do a very good job of online arcade racing .... not sure about how you lot feel, but its time that we had a proper racing sim like GT online..

And yeah ok granted i probably would still buy GT if the online side was arcade only - but from my point of view , it would be somewhat dissapointing , as i have deliberately put off going online with xbox's PGR2 to wait for GT .... if after all this time GT will only incorporate arcade racing .. it would seem to me that the wait wouldn't have been quite worth it .( as i stated earlier -- IMO )

And as for " RSCOSWORTH " and my !! RICER !! attitude - -- thats a bit harsh isnt it .

In arcade mode, the cars are all stock, and in classes...this is done to even out the racing experience...the driving of the cars/physics/and everything else is EXACTLY the same...so I don't see what the big let down would be...also I'm almost positive that tuned cars will be included for online play, simply because during arcade mode in GT3 you could load your tuned autos, and polypony is smart, they know what's up. But don't confuse the word "arcade" to mean that the game will be any different, acrade is simply a way to compete with out being out powered by some other car, it's to even out the experience, just like in the "arcade" when playing racers, most cars are relatively the same.
 
code_kev
"But more run at 30fps, at least the good Xbox games do, few great games run at 60fps."

I'm sorry, but that's utter crap

Ninja Gaiden, RSC1 and 2, jetset radio future, dead or alive 3, panzer orta, otogi, Sega GT, PGR 1, soul cal 2, burn out 2 and 3, thug and more.

The ones that do run at 30 for a good reason as they push the system very hard, games like riddick, halo, doom 3 etc. I wager that the ps2 couldn't do riddick at 30 fps :P. GT4 runs like it does because its low poly, low detail, no damage, no interiors etc etc, they made cut backs to keep the fps up :P.

What your saying is like saying "my pentium 3 500 is better then you 3ghz P4, because I get 100 fps on duke 3d, while you only get 30 on doom 3". Utter crap.

I would assume that your fanboyism prevents you from understanding certain things...though it is fine.

Halo does not push the system, it's lazy development, and the game runs that way so they could rush it out and get it online asap, no other reason, xbox is capable of more, you jsut bought a system with lazy developer support.

GT4 looks better than forza, even though you say it has "low poly low detail no damage no interiors". Also, why on GODS GREEN EARTH would you need "interiors" on a racing game? seriously, would you expect to have fighting game developers render all of the organs and undergarments of a fighter simply because they are there, even though you NEVER see them in the game, and it's not important? No you wouldn't.

Also, Forza will have terrible car damge, just as everyone else who has attempted to do it has had. Car damage is something that can't be faked, which is why polypohny hasn't done it, they are waiting to do it right, mark my words. Why include car damage? so you children can bash up cars online? do you have any idea how that would ruin the gaming experience? Someone online smashing into you at 200mph and totalling your car, taking you out of the race...yet you want things like this in a racing sim? no. GT4 already did something that other games need to take note of...penalizing players for hitting walls...and other cars. Teach these bastards to drive, instead of ruining the experience.

Go in your hole, and make love to your Xbox, because it's an overrated system with poor support.
 
its got a ****ing CELERON 733 in it for gods sake! its a glorified old pc
 
Nemo
Spinners.


AMEN TO THAT....it would be like the horrible transformation that Need For Speed underwent. Why did they go undergrounD retarded idea, I say. Exotics are the trademark of NFS, and they ruined that image.

But I digress....

Yeah, anything "bling bling" would kill it.
 
TurboLevin2NV
AMEN TO THAT....it would be like the horrible transformation that Need For Speed underwent. Why did they go undergrounD retarded idea, I say. Exotics are the trademark of NFS, and they ruined that image.

But I digress....

Yeah, anything "bling bling" would kill it.

Maybe...but underground has been one of the best selling NFS titles i believe.

Anyway what would make me not buy GT4? If the H2 is in it.
 
tha_con
Someone online smashing into you at 200mph and totalling your car, taking you out of the race...yet you want things like this in a racing sim?
Is it just me or does this contradict itself? Think about it if in real life a car has brake failure or the driver is just lax for a moment, they will more than likely plough into and take out the car/s ahead and even more cars could get involved in from behind. Yes of course this shouldbe in a RACING SIM, after all SIM = Simulator.

Just mo is all.

Also NFS:U cashed in on the F'n'F bandwagon and it sold so much cause kids love it.
 
_aj
Is it just me or does this contradict itself? Think about it if in real life a car has brake failure or the driver is just lax for a moment, they will more than likely plough into and take out the car/s ahead and even more cars could get involved in from behind. Yes of course this shouldbe in a RACING SIM, after all SIM = Simulator.

Just mo is all.

Also NFS:U cashed in on the F'n'F bandwagon and it sold so much cause kids love it.

okay, let me make this a bit more specific. When you guy's are playing a game online that actually has this, I can just see the posts, "I'm so freaking tired of these kids who ruin this game online and smash into me" there will be endless crying and whining...car damage will just piss everyone off. GT has been fine the way it is since day one, it doesn't need stupid cosmetic novelties...and it sure as hell doesn't need this opportunity for people to ruin the game.
 
Let me clear one thing for you tha_con!
If there were damages in GT4 online the whole thing would be a peace of bug. Duh....
NO damage + No bug = 👍
 
RSCosworth
Ricer attitude in my opinion.
What's that? You mean if the game was laid out like SRS or NFSU?

Cosmic: Not exactly. The late (sadly :( ) NASCAR Racing series by the late Papyrus Racing Games (again, sadly :( ) had very successful damage in online racine ;)
 
I think that too much info will ruin the game. What we have now is ok. I dont mind the ideas and wishlist. But if some insider goes crazy and gives us all the tracks nameas and cars names ill freak and wont injoy the game asmuch. infact this is the only time ive looked up a game before it came out.
 
Cosmic: Not exactly. The late (sadly :() NASCAR Racing series by the late Papyrus Racing Games (again, sadly :() had very successful damage in online racine :)

That's PC this is PS2 online gaming we are talking about! ;)
 
911_gt3_rs
What would it take to stop members of GTPlanet buying the final version?
Konami's Enthusia being as good as GT3 and featuring realistic car damage would be enough for me to buy it instead of GT4.
 
flat-out
Konami's Enthusia being as good as GT3 and featuring realistic car damage would be enough for me to buy it instead of GT4.

The only thing that can stop me buying GT4 is nothing! NOTHING and NOBODY! ;)
 
flat-out
Konami's Enthusia being as good as GT3 and featuring realistic car damage would be enough for me to buy it instead of GT4.

I've seen enthusia, and it doesn't look too impressive, the focus is entirely on the driving "feel" and not at all on the actually control, or the cars and tuning them...I'm not too excited about this game.
 
Cosmic
That was the most stupidest thing I've heard today.
maybe I should stop playing around, cause some people can't seem to take a joke.
 
super cirrus
maybe I should stop playing around, cause some people can't seem to take a joke.

I tought you really mean that , lol. :)
 
nah, 95% of my post are jokes.
 
Like someone said, too much info would spoil the punch. Because I am still waiting for the game to offer some surprises like unexpected cars or tracks (Lambo,Ferrari,Porsche, MB SLR and tracks like Le Mans or Spa).

And also another delay would spoil it. If it's not released before Xmas, I think I'm going to buy myself an Xbox with Forza, who might not be as good but think of it as GT3 with a good AI and hot cars+damage. Still interesting.

See ya :sly:
 
Lambo88
Like someone said, too much info would spoil the punch. Because I am still waiting for the game to offer some surprises like unexpected cars or tracks (Lambo,Ferrari,Porsche, MB SLR and tracks like Le Mans or Spa).

And also another delay would spoil it. If it's not released before Xmas, I think I'm going to buy myself an Xbox with Forza, who might not be as good but think of it as GT3 with a good AI and hot cars+damage. Still interesting.

See ya :sly:

Agrre there! 👍
And maybe they need to delay the date again so
they think many GT fans wont buy it just beacuse of that?
 
If they delay it, it's for a good reason not to spite people, however what's even funnier, is the idiots who b!tch about delays would then b!tch that it was unfinished and should never have been released in that state. Game developers can't win.
As the saying goes

"Good things come to those who wait"
 
If they delay the game AGAIN ...I'll wait a month or 2 ;)
 
Well, I'll wait for it because it's more important to me to have a clean finished game than a rushed one that is deklivered on time. But the problem is GT4 is mainly delayed only because of that damn online mode,period. PS2 was not conceived to support it but Sony decided to try it to compete with Xbox's online.

That's why I'm *****in'

See ya :sly:
 
Well , I will not play it online. So nothing to worry about there form me ;)
 
Back