What would you Change About San Andreas ?

Jimmy Enslashay
To me, it just shows the diversity of San Andreas. If it was all about killing and driving, it would be too much like the other games. And you would get bored quickly. It just brings something a little different, instead of every mission having to involve killing people.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it! 99% of the game is about killing people and commiting crimes. If people get bored with missions that involve killing people, then they're playing the wrong game. Besides, do those missions really make any difference to anyone's boredom with the game? I've done about 80 missions now and I can't imagine anyone doing 80 GTA type missions but not getting bored simply because there's a couple of DDR type missions in the game. The way to reduce people's boredom is to have a variety of missions that involve driving, killing, flying helicopters, doing stealth kills, flying planes, doing parachute jumps, racing cars, etc. Which is what they've done.

KM.

I've love to do san andreas a little bit smaller. Beacuse if you do die in a mission you will have to drive alot :) Vice city had a perfect size :D

KM
If it ain't broke, don't fix it! 99% of the game is about killing people and commiting crimes. If people get bored with missions that involve killing people, then they're playing the wrong game.
Yeah it isn't broke, but they did improve it. It's been done almost perfect in San Andreas.

I do agree that if you don't like the killing aspect, you shouldn't be playing GTA, but I think the addition of the DDR type games, along with everything else they've added, is a great thing. Nothing wrong with a bit of diversity.

Any well made addition is a good addition... I wouldn't buy a DDR game or a lowrider game cause they are specific on stuff that I don't really care about... But adding those elements do make GTA a rich environmentand therefore is a good idea... GTA was about doing what you want... They always had hydrolics but it was really meaningless cause there was no purpose for it... They made a club in VC but Tommy would not do anything in it... (Besides going up stairs and doing a stand off with the police, I did that a lot)...

Nice California traffic though... There are some crazy people who change lanes sorta like that in the game... They are just not as crazy... I mean.. GTA was about Stereotypes... What better than the "nobody can drive properly in LA" stereotype!!

Anyways... I dodge the high/freeway entirely for the I/E cars... I go on the train tracks... Way faster and safer... So far I didn't get hit by a train!!

Jimmy Enslashay
Yeah it isn't broke, but they did improve it. It's been done almost perfect in San Andreas.

I do agree that if you don't like the killing aspect, you shouldn't be playing GTA, but I think the addition of the DDR type games, along with everything else they've added, is a great thing. Nothing wrong with a bit of diversity.
Im not aiming this observation at you JIM im just quoting you because you were the last to mentione the DDR.

I think people really need to look at this game before complaining , and see that the DDR aspect is sooo minimal that it barely effects the game, I think it was a fun aspect, especially when they use it at the lowrider meet.
I also think the only reason that R* have added this feature is to help the game appeal to a wider range of audiences.
But overall this would rate up ther in my favourite games of all time, with almost endless playability.

They're alright (DDR games) But I don't really like them, nice for a bit of variety but overall not the best mini games ever.

R32GTST/M
I also think the only reason that R* have added this feature is to help the game appeal to a wider range of audiences.
Who knew there were DDR mini-games in San Andreas before they bought it? It can't appeal to anyone if they don't know about it before they buy the game. Besides, what kind of potential buyer of San Andreas would actually decided to buy the game because of 2 DDR type missions? As I said, I didn't mind them at all, but they really make bugger all difference to making the game less boring or more appealing to anyone.

KM.

The may only be 2 missions, but they are not just side missions (of which I wouldn't mind) they are INTEGERAL to continuing the game. The rest of the game may as well not exist if you arn't in to (or useless at) these style (DDR) of games.

Put it this way if I cant get my head round them, and get my reactions fast enough to the icons, then the entire game is going to have a vastly reduced interest curve for me.

KieranMurphy
Who knew there were DDR mini-games in San Andreas before they bought it? It can't appeal to anyone if they don't know about it before they buy the game. Besides, what kind of potential buyer of San Andreas would actually decided to buy the game because of 2 DDR type missions? As I said, I didn't mind them at all, but they really make bugger all difference to making the game less boring or more appealing to anyone.

KM.
I did!. I belive it was stated in atleast one of the reviews before the game was released!.
But i probably worded that wrong, what i meant say is its probably there as a " something for everyone", kind of thing.
It also adds veriety to the game.
But then again like you say its so minimal that no one would buy the game just for them, that's not what i meant to say.

The DDR-type missions may not appeal to all, but they are only very minimal and do not affect the game in any way. There are missions in every GTA game that people don't like, but it doesn't make people decide whether they want to buy the game or not. If they don't like them, who cares? 2 missions out of the many many missions does not make a real difference to your enjoyment of the game. Some think they bring a new element into the game and make it more diverse, which I believe is a good thing. Others think it is a waste of time.

One way or the other, it does not affect your playing of the game in the slightest.

As for feeling empty with the missions? I have found the missions challenging and very enjoyable. Did you use cheats at all? If you did, that may have affected your gameplay. If not, well, I feel sorry for you. That would certainly be a big let-down. 👎

Back