What would you like to see on the livery editor on GT7?

The Livery Editor would be the stickers and the paint, and the Tuning would include bits under the body, and bits added to the body, wings, spoilers, skirts etc. Whether they give the option for either, or both, combine or keep separate, time will tell.
GT Auto dude for the body, wings, spoilers, skirts, etc.

I would like to see a better search function like the fan made one we're basically forced to use currently. The loading times for decals and liveries need to be WAY faster as well.

I'd like undo and redo buttons, and an eye dropper tool.

Ability to import existing designs from Gran Turismo Sport.

I wish we can retain the car's default design when we add decals, such as those of a racing car, or for cars with factory decals like the Pontiac Firebird Trans Am.

Ability to group decals together to apply edits together, such as being able to change the colours of a large group of decals at once, or to flip and duplicate a large group at once.

Finer controls for projection area for angles and depth. We currently have a scale of -10 to +10, but it feels like it was meant to be -100 to 100.

An official program for the PC, or an app for smartphones and tablets, that allows us to create liveries on a PC or a smartphone, and export designs into the game. This will allow players to have several different ways to create liveries, such as with a mouse and keyboard, or a pen, and not just with a DualSense Controller. This can potentially allow for more intricate designs, easier time drawing curves and lines, etc..

Ability to share completed designs as we can in Gran Turismo Sport, but also the ability to share an editable design file so other players can edit a livery if the creator chooses to allow it.

Better support for gradients in SVG decals. Currently, decals need to be created in a very specific way to show up correctly in the game.

All real car paint chips to be available for purchase, instead of the select few we currently have in Mileage Exchange.

Ability for the camera to zoom further into the car's body. Moveable light sources to illuminate darker areas of the car (under the rear wing, etc..)

A stencil/"hole punch" option.

A color blend slider: Say the car, looking from the top, has a cross splitting the car into four sections. I should be able to assign up to four colors(one per section).
Then, using a slider/cursor, move the cross all over the car, making one color dominant over the others. Or sliding the cross to make two colors dominant for or aft or side-to-side.

Thanks for all the inputs everyone, I'll let you guys know when the video comes out! Everyone who has replied to this and the Reddit thread will be credited in the description and the end of the video with their GTP/Reddit username.

I don't make liveries in GTS, sometimes I tried but the system is not as intuitive as in FM.

Coordinates for centering decals, stripes or whatever, would be good...

Last edited:
I don't make liveries in GTS, sometimes I tried but the system is not as intuitive as in FM.

Numbers for centering decals, stripes or whatever, would be good...

It takes time but it becomes a part of you after a while and you feel like John Anderton in Minority Report as you move and manipulate the decals around.

Numbers for coordinates is a great idea though.

It takes time but it becomes a part of you after a while and you feel like John Anderton in Minority Report as you move and manipulate the decals around.

Oh hell yeah, the Crew 2 can barely hold a candle to GT Sport but they have both grouping and numbers, something I was really annoyed by because I only bought GTS after trying TC2.

Coordinates!! Thank you for that. I was drunk as hell when I wrote "numbers". Stupid me

I dunno if someone said this since i didn't read all the post yet, but i'd like to see an option to move the decal with less sensivity, something like Forza, it lets you use the stick and d-pad, which is far more superior than the one seen in GTS.

Mapping decals to the entire body.
Text to font generator.
Ability to paint bumpers, doors and trunk/boot.
Decal creator.
Paint brush(es).
Grouping decals.
Change tyre branding on any car.
Better mapping on cars, seriously. Half of the cars are mapped stupidly.

Honestly, I really do like the idea of skins provided by the game, especially special liveries like those resembling the "stealth models," the chrome line cars, and the 15th Anniversary livery. But otherwise, I really look forward to seeing how they change the livery editor - hopefully it won't just be a port of the GT Sport livery editor, and that it'll nicely compliment the customization we'll get in GT7. I personally don't know if I'll bother with the livery editor as much as I plan to install parts like diffusers or rear wings, but I'm hoping the livery editor in GT7 will offer enough to me that I'd be more incentivized to play with it.

Honestly, I really do like the idea of skins provided by the game, especially special liveries like those resembling the "stealth models," the chrome line cars, and the 15th Anniversary livery. But otherwise, I really look forward to seeing how they change the livery editor - hopefully it won't just be a port of the GT Sport livery editor, and that it'll nicely compliment the customization we'll get in GT7. I personally don't know if I'll bother with the livery editor as much as I plan to install parts like diffusers or rear wings, but I'm hoping the livery editor in GT7 will offer enough to me that I'd be more incentivized to play with it.
Yup, I've added that into the script.

Last edited:

For adequate information for spatial positioning, orientation is required. We must know where an object "is" and in which direction it is "pointing".
I would like metric control over actions like single axis rotation. Sometimes I desire precisely 90° rotation.

I'd like to see an option to move the decal with less sensivity, something like Forza, it lets you use the stick and d-pad, which is far more superior than the one seen in GTS.

I also would like to have more options for object movement precision. I would describe GTS behavior as continuous movement with speed accelerating to a fixed maximum. I would like an option for incremental movement with the increments being based on some unit, e.g., 1 millimeter and 5 millimeters. The dimensions of the cars are known characteristics; this should be possible.
These proposed options also would apply to the rotation described above. Desired object alignment precision is difficult when very close. I find myself oscillating on each side of "perfect" while trying to get it right.

I like the livery editor, but room for improvement exists as many other posts above have illustrated.

For adequate information for spatial positioning, orientation is required. We must know where an object "is" and in which direction it is "pointing".
I would like metric control over actions like single axis rotation. Sometimes I desire precisely 90° rotation.

I also would like to have more options for object movement precision. I would describe GTS behavior as continuous movement with speed accelerating to a fixed maximum. I would like an option for incremental movement with the increments being based on some unit, e.g., 1 millimeter and 5 millimeters. The dimensions of the cars are known characteristics; this should be possible.
These proposed options also would apply to the rotation described above. Desired object alignment precision is difficult when very close. I find myself oscillating on each side of "perfect" while trying to get it right.

I like the livery editor, but room for improvement exists as many other posts above have illustrated.
I feel you man. Pressing R2, noticing it’s wonky, pressing L2 to fix, it’s still wonky...this keeps repeating.

I would like to see a better search function like the fan made one we're basically forced to use currently. The loading times for decals and liveries need to be WAY faster as well.

I wish we can retain the car's default design when we add decals, such as those of a racing car, or for cars with factory decals like the Pontiac Firebird Trans Am.

Ability to group decals together to apply edits together, such as being able to change the colours of a large group of decals at once, or to flip and duplicate a large group at once.

Finer controls for projection area for angles and depth. We currently have a scale of -10 to +10, but it feels like it was meant to be -100 to 100.

An official program for the PC, or an app for smartphones and tablets, that allows us to create liveries on a PC or a smartphone, and export designs into the game. This will allow players to have several different ways to create liveries, such as with a mouse and keyboard, or a pen, and not just with a DualSense Controller. This can potentially allow for more intricate designs, easier time drawing curves and lines, etc..

Ability to share completed designs as we can in Gran Turismo Sport, but also the ability to share an editable design file so other players can edit a livery if the creator chooses to allow it.

Better support for gradients in SVG decals. Currently, decals need to be created in a very specific way to show up correctly in the game.

All real car paint chips to be available for purchase, instead of the select few we currently have in Mileage Exchange.

Ability for the camera to zoom further into the car's body. Moveable light sources to illuminate darker areas of the car (under the rear wing, etc..)
What exactly do you mean by an undo button?

Last edited by a moderator:
an eye dropper tool.
That's not really needed. There is already a duplicate function, and the GTS LE already saves any custom colours you use.

^ This so much. I've seen several great liveries but they often have decals on them I don't want and/or rim choice is bad.

I honestly hope that rims are separate from liveries this time.

Last edited:
I'd think it'd be interesting if we could port liveries to similar cars. Like porting a Ford Focus livery to the Gr.B Focus, or a Gr.4 Vantage livery to the Gr.3 car.

The interior colours is a good idea. I'm surprised Polyphony didn't let us change the interior colour, or at the very least the colour of the racing seats.

Last edited:
I'll also say interior colour customisation. Chrome/carbon/other material decals would also be useful.

So many great ideas. Just so many!

I think the vast majority of my wish list items are in this list:-

(Did I miss the ability to SAVE groups of decals?)

-ability to group decals

- More colour options for decals (e.g. currently if you want a chrome decal, you have to paint the whole body and then cover up areas outside the decal)

- Ability to "remix" other people's liveries. So many times I found a good livery, but the rim choice/colours are not to my liking. Of course, the original author should also be credited if you upload your "remix" version.

- option to choose half a car to add decals on, be it left side or right side and then the option to flip/mirror all decals to the other side at once.

- more accurate/different color scale(s) then the HSV. RGB, hex etc.

- if we buy the car, we get the paintchip from it like in the GT6.

Ability to paint wheels different colours. Even if it's just a left/right, or front/back split.

The ability to group decals together to move as one.

The ability to copy decals (or a group of decals) from side to front, rear to front, basically from any view to any other view, rather than only from one side to the other.

An option to move a complete design to another car. The decals would not match up obviously, but then it would copy everything, and just need to be moved and adjusted to the different car rather than starting from scratch.

A paste/stamp tool like forza, so you can just press a button and keep placing the same decal...

The interior colours is a good idea. I'm surprised Polyphony didn't let us change the interior colour, or at the very least the colour of the racing seats.

VXR
I'll also say interior colour customisation. Chrome/carbon/other material decals would also be useful.

I want a text editor like we have in the NFS '15. You type in a word and you can edit that. Because creating words using the GTS editor is a pain in the azz. Editing every letter separately consumes too much times. And I dont have the will to create decals for every words I got in mind during a creation process.

I want a text editor like we have in the NFS '15. You type in a word and you can edit that. Because creating words using the GTS editor is a pain in the azz. Editing every letter separately consumes too much times. And I dont have the will to create decals for every words I got in mind during a creation process.
If this becomes a reality hopefully we'll also choose what type of font we want them to be in.

At the moment I use this editor to make words into an svg. It's how I made my PSN signature that I use on my cars plates.

Last edited:
If this becomes a reality hopefully we'll also choose what type of font we want them to be in.

At the moment I use this editor to make words into an svg. It's how I made my PSN signature that I use on my cars plates.
Thank you for the advice, I'll try that site out next time I'm creating a livery, looks helpful! But as said, let's hope they include something similar in the next game.

Thought of another I'd like to see - The ability to place decals on windows. Real life races often have numbers on the windows.
Yes, NFS15 also has that! ^^ GT should take some note from other games as other games are taking from GT...

Last edited:
Thought of another I'd like to see - The ability to place decals on windows. Real life races often have numbers on the windows.
I agree, but only on the rear side windows and on the front windshield header. I remember when NFS started allowing players to put window decals and they made the mistake of allowing stickers on the entire windshield. That resulted in like 50% of shared liveries in the game having their entire windshield covered in stickers and it looked super stupid.

Last edited:
Country licence plates. I mean, PD don't delete the number plate holders. May as well place country flags, country style plates. May as well offer players ready made number plates based on brand country origin.

Back