What would your reaction be if GT5 news is unreleased in E3 2009?

  • Thread starter Thread starter patriotzero
  • 92 comments
  • 8,411 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Messages
1,917
Turkey
Binance:TSIDDLSA
Messages
patriotzero
Messages
please no
I was bored so much waiting for GT5..5 years will have been on Nov. 2009 since GT4.
GT Cafe project Done
GT concept car Done
What about GT5?
Kazunori-San

i Swear if GT5 doesn't come out in March in 2010.I won't buy it.PD lost my reputation.That's enough. You are making a game it's not easy but not too much longer like that
And now thiis rumuor.

http://www.vg247.com/2009/04/06/gran-turismo-to-continue-on-as-many-platforms-as-possible-pc-gamers-have-large-party/

What do you think? Am i right ? or Am I impatient AGAIN! ?
 
Just wait...that probably all you can do. If PC gamers have to wait why not console gamers?
 
PC gaming is dead. Console gamers and PC gamers are diffferent in every aspect...
waiting E3 2009 Lets take a look Show us something PD.That's enough.
What do you do? an atomic Bomb or something?
Okay you have 200k Polygons per car..Ok The BEST driving Simulator in the World ITs Gran Turismo..
I hope you satisfated that now. Sorry for my rude talking.but i can't Resist myself anymore.
 
To be honest I would be very pissed. There is absolutely no reason PD should not show at least something at E3. This game has been in development for over 3 years. Most people don't realize that no other series is like GT (maybe except FF). No other video game fan has to wait this long and receive this little info. If the hardcore COD or Halo fans had to wait this long for another game and got this little info they would explode. So after 3 years of waiting patiently we deserve something.
 
PC gaming is never dead, they don't have to pay for stuff like we do.
What if GT5 is over with and your disappointed that it doesn't satisfy the title you give it? Are you really going to hate a company that is following a dream of a producer than its fans?
To be honest I would be very pissed. There is absolutely no reason PD should not show at least something at E3. This game has been in development for over 3 years. Most people don't realize that no other series is like GT (maybe except FF). No other video game fan has to wait this long and receive this little info. If the hardcore COD or Halo fans had to wait this long for another game and got this little info they would explode. So after 3 years of waiting patiently we deserve something.

Blizzard?
Starcraft II is still receiving its updates
Duke Nukem Forever is cancelled for good
Diablo III is probably receiving updates as well
Fighters waited for Street Fighter IV longer than Gran Turismo.
 
PD must concentrate on GT5 project asap.
I can help you PD as a office boy.
 
I won't buy it.
Don't then. It's your call.

or Am I impatient AGAIN! ?
Yes.

Amar has said there will be a GT5 announcement at E3, so I believe there will be an announcement.

I don't care if there isn't though. It makes no difference to me. I will buy GT5 when it comes out, whenever that is.
 
I would be very pissed, because I bought PS3 and HDTV just for GT.
 
Amar has said there will be a GT5 announcement at E3, so I believe there will be an announcement.

I don't care if there isn't though. It makes no difference to me. I will buy GT5 when it comes out, whenever that is.
My words exactly. Seriously, if THE BEST driving / racing / car collecting game came out at a time you'd rather it didn't, you wouldn't buy it?

My PC evidently ate my DF Pro wheel, either that or GTR did. I can't afford to just buy another PC right now with all the other things I want and need to spend money on, so my Playstations are my gaming rigs for real now.

Plus, I know that some people only bought a PS3 in anticipation of GT5, but you really need to buy a few of these games. The PS3 library is just incredible.

I'm sure Amar was given the green light to say something because of attitudes like this one. Besides, isn't this really something that should be in the whining thread? ;)
 
Pd promoted GT5 prologue since beginning of 2007..Why don't they do same thing for GT5? Is GT 5 a dream really.I think too early to talk about Gt5 for now.. like KAzunori said.
 
I was bored so much waiting for GT5..5 years will have been on Nov. 2009 since GT4.
GT Cafe project Done
GT concept car Done
What about GT5?
Kazunori-San

i Swear if GT5 doesn't come out in March in 2010.I won't buy it.PD lost my reputation.That's enough. You are making a game it's not easy but not too much longer like that
And now thiis rumuor.

http://www.vg247.com/2009/04/06/gra...forms-as-possible-pc-gamers-have-large-party/

What do you think? Am i right ? or Am I impatient AGAIN! ?

Pd promoted GT5 prologue since beginning of 2007..Why don't they do same thing for GT5? Is GT 5 a dream really.I think too early to talk about Gt5 for now.. like KAzunori said.
You only waited 2 years then if the promotion started around 07
 
I'd be very very disappointed if there is no news about GT5 by the end of E3. However, despite Amar's inside information - given to us I'm sure in good faith - that there will be news by then I wouldn't be surprised if there isn't.

Of course, despite the frustration of such a long wait, once GT5 is finally released - be it this year, next year or the year after - I'll forgive PD and Sony completely for the frustrating wait and enjoy what I expect to be the most amazing game on earth.
 
I was bored so much waiting for GT5..5 years will have been on Nov. 2009 since GT4.
GT Cafe project Done
GT concept car Done
What about GT5?
Kazunori-San

i Swear if GT5 doesn't come out in March in 2010.I won't buy it.PD lost my reputation.That's enough. You are making a game it's not easy but not too much longer like that
And now thiis rumuor.

http://www.vg247.com/2009/04/06/gran-turismo-to-continue-on-as-many-platforms-as-possible-pc-gamers-have-large-party/

What do you think? Am i right ? or Am I impatient AGAIN! ?
You're being impatient. If there was no news on GT5 at E3, I wouldn't much care. The game wil come out eventually, and the delays are a product of KY wanting it to be perfect. I'd rather wait a little longer for a perfect game than to have tem rush a buggy product out earlier jsut to satisfy imaptient fans.
 
I'd love to see something happening with the series as I'm getting a bit bored racing round the same handful of tracks over & over again. Yes, I can always put gt4 into the station and race round the nurburgring or la sarthe to my hearts content, but after the quality of the the hd graphics in gt5p its a little frustrating racing with the grainy images in previous titles.

Please PD if you can't get the full gt5 out any faster, at least update us with some more tracks to play on
 
What good is an announcement anyway?

If PD were to come out and say, "GT5 will have private rooms, damage, and Porsche and it'll be great", what difference does that make to you right now? You still don't have the game...
 
I would be very pissed, because I bought PS3 and HDTV just for GT.

+1

That being said though, I still have faith in PD to deliver an epic title.

What good is an announcement anyway?

If PD were to come out and say, "GT5 will have private rooms, damage, and Porsche and it'll be great", what difference does that make to you right now? You still don't have the game...

Personally it makes no difference, but it seems that it would put a lot of people here and fans of the series in general on ease that those sought after features are confirmed, and hopefully lead to anticipation rather than hate. But then maybe the whining will move elsewhere? lol
 
PC gaming is never dead, they don't have to pay for stuff like we do.
What if GT5 is over with and your disappointed that it doesn't satisfy the title you give it? Are you really going to hate a company that is following a dream of a producer than its fans?


Blizzard?
Starcraft II is still receiving its updates
Duke Nukem Forever is cancelled for good
Diablo III is probably receiving updates as well
Fighters waited for Street Fighter IV longer than Gran Turismo.

Good points. SFIV and Diablo III being the best. But Duke Nukem was mostly rumor for many years. It was on again off again. Blizzard has been tied down by WOW and other things. Its not like they actually started making the game announced it and then went dark. SCII has been getting monthly news snipits. Diablo III all we have gotten is a trailer but the project is fairly new. Blizzard has Blizcon a couple times a year. I agree with SFIV it has been sooooo long since the last SF. But again since it was announced the news stream has been consistent.

My point is GT5 was announced and we have gotten nothing. (yes GT5p which is something but as far as components of the actual final game, we have nothing).

So yes some fans do have to endure the wait we do but as far as the lack of info no other game can match GT.
 
+1

That being said though, I still have faith in PD to deliver an epic title.



I'm in no doubt that the game will be absolutely fantastic when it does eventually come out, but surely by now there must be some other tracks which have been fully rendered in hd which could be added to to gt5 as a downloadable update
 
I'm sick of hearing the "just be patient comments, you don't want a crappy game", the thing is the game will have flaws, it's inescapable. These things can be fixed through patches and updates.
 
I'm sick of hearing the "just be patient comments, you don't want a crappy game", the thing is the game will have flaws, it's inescapable. These things can be fixed through patches and updates.

+10000
4 years enough to complete GT5...Patches updates will work fine with it.,.
I ve noticed something...GT5p PAL is 6325mb including update without any GT TV video...I deleted all GT TV videos Evo and ending srating tralers..Its now 3023 mb...Why did they put on disc..25 gb bluray disc.. Why i installed 6000mb in my hdd. Japanese developers always are far from software...I wish they would put on these videos on the Disk. There is a lot of space. Didnt understand why did they do like this?
 
Last edited:
Not critical bugs.
A complex game like Gran Turismo or GTA can get killed by a critical bug (when you reach a certain point in the game your savegame gets lost, some vehicles dont work properly with the AI, physic bugs on certain vehicles/objects, logical errors that can corrupt your career progress etc.). Its not that easy plus the negative press you get when you release a buggy product.
 
I dont know if you, but at least I prefer a game with a 2011 tag on it, rathert than a buggy GT2 for the PS3. I dont want to go trough walls, i dont want bugs that erease your garage, i dont want mistery cars (well...kinda:sly:), i dont want missing racing modes. I want a well done product that makes worthy investing on a PS3 and a good racing wheel. Oh, and i want to be able to save between enduros instead of leaving my console on for a week...:ouch:...cursed Nurburgring...still 18 hours left :nervous:.

Also, if they release it late, it would give me some time for buying a PS3 and a G25:lol:. Lets just wait for the E3...
 
I think Kaz will give the pc thing a second thought because then GT will become hackable......and I doubt he wants that.
 
I think Kaz will give the pc thing a second thought because then GT will become hackable......and I doubt he wants that.
Wouldn't you want to play moded cars in GT?
 
PD lost my reputation.
I really hope that is just a bad translation, because no one can cause you to lose your own reputation.

Rumor is the key here. A Sony executive over SCEA hardware mentions they are looking at Gran Turismo on all platforms. In his world all platforms means PS2, PSP, and PS3. And chances are in this instance he only meant PSP and PS3.

What do you think? Am i right ? or Am I impatient AGAIN! ?
By not having patience you are being impatient, by definition. So no matter what you are impatient. The real question should be, is it justified?

If we were past E3 and nothing had happened, I would say that you have some justification, but even then it will be just because you built up your expectations on a rumor. A trustworthy rumor, but a rumor nonetheless.

But because it is still April I am calling you very unjustly impatient. You are getting angry about the possible idea that they won't mention it at E3. You basically started a rant thread to go off about what you fear might happen. That is more than just impatient.

Starcraft II is still receiving its updates
You mean Starcraft, right? Starcraft 2 isn't out yet.

Duke Nukem Forever is canceled for good
Really? I though 3D Realms was talking it up, again, just this past fall.

I would be very pissed, because I bought PS3 and HDTV just for GT.
Hey, I bought a PS3 just for GT too. Then I bought an HDTV for my PS3. But since I bought my PS3 I have played two PS3-only GT games. One was free and the other cost $20 less than other racing games that have a similar number (yet less variety) of cars, and can only brag about having more tracks.

And along the way I have also managed to play a few dozen other excellent titles that have made my mouth drop open in awe of my HDTV/PS3 combo.

SCII has been getting monthly news snipits.
After being completely silent for ten years.

My point is GT5 was announced and we have gotten nothing. (yes GT5p which is something but as far as components of the actual final game, we have nothing).
GT5 has basically been announced since before the PS3 came out. Pretty much since GT4 was finished it has been accepted that GT5 is coming. You, unfortunately see two early builds as not being good enough for you, when any other game taking this long would have been silent up until they had a final concept to show you. As I see it PD and Sony have attempted to give us something to enjoy until the final build is complete. Maybe they should have gone the Starcraft 2 route and never commented on GT5 at all until they were ready to show us the first teaser video? Would that have made you feel better?

So yes some fans do have to endure the wait we do but as far as the lack of info no other game can match GT.
Yet, I see no early build of Starcraft 2 or Duke Nukem or any other game out there. This is my problem with these whining threads. Polyphony Digital and Sony actually gave us more than any other developer. Unfortunately all that did was make fans get into an even louder and whinier state. So, PD just went black to focus on the game and ignore threads like this. If I were them I would do the same thing.

I'm sick of hearing the "just be patient comments, you don't want a crappy game", the thing is the game will have flaws, it's inescapable. These things can be fixed through patches and updates.
I'm sick of hearing people complain like they are entitled to something.

I also do not like this mentality. We didn't have patches before this console generation, and so I never had to worry if I would buy a game at launch just to find something major didn't work for a few weeks, until they fixed it. I mean, you say that now but have you seen what people were saying after the launches of Warhawk, SOCOM, LBP, and Killzone 2? Either way they go they will have whiners.
 
Thanks FK.
 
Thanks FK.
 
I won't buy it.

You will buy it no matter what!

But I am getting impatient too.. not because of 2010 wait period.. its that PD alto they offer us some good preview, GT5P. They do not post any news on how far they are into development. They do not post their status on Weather/day night cycles dynamics. They do not inform us about damage, or how body kits and livery editor will work. They did not even post single pics about these things!!

PD really needs to be at E3 and give all the info to their fans.

This is NEXT GEN! We really need all the damage, weather, body, livery, etc etc in GT5 and not the 6th or 7th!!!!! There is no excuse.

If they do not drop any info in E3, I will be mad as hell and I am not going to take it anymore!

I will feel like this guy!




Just replace few of his words with PD and Gran Turismo.. damage, weather.
 
You do realise that the longer that is spent on a game the better it will be?

Do you also think that PD aren't concentrating on GT5?

Do you think this thread is going to help anything?
 
all of them YES
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back