What would your reaction be if GT5 news is unreleased in E3 2009?

  • Thread starter Thread starter patriotzero
  • 92 comments
  • 8,415 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah GT5 should not be rushed, but he makes good point that PD should announce somethings on E3. I don't care for the long wait, it's just tougher to wait in the dark.
 
See, the cause of people getting pissed off is not really that the game is still in developement but the lack of information.

PD left us in the dark. They have to obligation of saying anything, but most will agree it would be nice. Anticipation vs Frustration.

OT: I would be very surprised if they don't show anything at E3. Then I would get worried.
 
I was bored so much waiting for GT5..5 years will have been on Nov. 2009 since GT4.
GT Cafe project Done
GT concept car Done
What about GT5?
Kazunori-San

i Swear if GT5 doesn't come out in March in 2010.I won't buy it.PD lost my reputation.That's enough. You are making a game it's not easy but not too much longer like that
And now thiis rumuor.

http://www.vg247.com/2009/04/06/gran-turismo-to-continue-on-as-many-platforms-as-possible-pc-gamers-have-large-party/

What do you think? Am i right ? or Am I impatient AGAIN! ?

Yes, PD is a gaming developer, and their main focus is GT5...however, the way i see it, in order to grow as a company, and maybe add some cars or features into the game just because of their reputation outside of the gaming world now, I think it's actually very important that PD has been doing some of these promotional things.

By joining up with automakers to create cars (Citroen), advertisements (in-game Jaguar and Audi R8 intros to GT5p, or the Ferrari California video), and now the GT Cafe in Motegi, this is only going to help spread GT around the world. What other car gaming companies do you see helping create computer electronics for the GTR, or even a cafe named after them? Those are just a few examples of what PD has worked on, and in order to grow as a company, I think what PD has done outside the gaming world has been somewhat necessary.

Sure, there are many things that should be added to GT5 that have been in other games, such as damage, weather, etc. Having said that though, the more PD promotes in the gaming world and in the auto industry, and outside of that, the more it may benefit the company, and the more they can benefit from car companies or other businesses, the more it may translate into the game to benefit the gamers.

For example, damage....if they get more and more auto makers on their side for damage, maybe they can do it for sure the way people want it. I'm assuming you need licenses to get tracks into the game, so maybe if they promote at certain places, maybe they'll be able to get more tracks for you as the gamer to enjoy. Or maybe PD will promote companies like Porsche or Lamborghini in trade of getting them into the game. These are just basic examples, but you get the point. Of course these statements are not guarenteed, but if you see it differently, it could possibly benefit everyone in the long run.

Along with that, as many have said before, if PD releases their features too early before the product is out, it gives an opportunity for other developers to take ideas as well.

Yes, I would be disappointed if GT5 isn't at E3, but there's no way in heck that I'm not going to buy the game when it comes out. Whenever its out, it will be in my PS3 asap.
 
Lets jump ONE year into the future.
"Gran Turismo 5 is coming out next month" PD says...
"Oh and by the way, we could not implement damage into the game, and weather effects day/night cycles we still could not figure it out so we will see it in the next GT series."

Just imagine that !!! I would rip my shirt off, super jump to PD's office in Japan and make them do it!! it might sound silly but they might spin something off like that.
 
Calm Down Nox we have 200k polygon per car..Nothing important than this.
 
id wait and not be pissed. heres a good reason as to why.

Socom: Confrontation

see they gave into there fans complaints about wanting it NOW, and it was taking to long, and blah blah blah. and guess what they shouldnt have done that because the game out glitchy and incomplete and they lost more fan base because of it then if they just waited. do you really want that happening to GT5? complain all you want but just remember something rushed is never better then something done right the first time.
 
I'd expect that we will get some information on GT5 in the next few months to say the least. I think a Christmas 2009 release is still very realistic.

I'm willing to wait. As long as PD give us GT5:P with pieces of GT4 and GT3, I'll be sold.
 
NEWS NEWS NEWS: Mr. Kazunori told @E3 2009 that GT5 is still in development and will came out when its done...So exactly like GT Mobile... and it looks fantastic... and they opened a new GT Starbucks coffee @ Tokio
 
I wouldn't be suprised if GT5 is outshone by a handful of titles by the time it's released, about the only aspect they're guaranteed to outdo the competition with is car count.
 
I'd be mad if there was no GT5 news whatsoever, and if they hold out until fall or something, then I'm probably going to lose interest altogether in GT5 until it actually comes out.
 
What good is an announcement anyway?

If PD were to come out and say, "GT5 will have private rooms, damage, and Porsche and it'll be great", what difference does that make to you right now? You still don't have the game...

Yes this would be a good announcement because at least we would know that all the time was not used just on modeling cars!

But when you all think about it, even this rumor indicates that at least SOMETHING is happening..
 
Last edited:
I pretty much feel like something big is going to come on E3 for the fact of what Amar said. like i ve read from evryone on this forum he has a strong reputaion on giving great and crucial GT news. Another thing i know alot of people are upset for the lack of news regarding GT5, and dont get me wrong some of the real loyal fans who are upset have a right. If you look on the bright side I think PD is going to give us a great game in GT5. Just because we are not getting any news, doesent mean when we get the news its going to be bad news. Silent but deadly thats PD style, and when we least expect it BOOM its going to hit. I remember KY saying we got a long way to go GT5P is about 15% to 20% of his final goal.

Yes, PD is a gaming developer, and their main focus is GT5...however, the way i see it, in order to grow as a company, and maybe add some cars or features into the game just because of their reputation outside of the gaming world now, I think it's actually very important that PD has been doing some of these promotional things.

By joining up with automakers to create cars (Citroen), advertisements (in-game Jaguar and Audi R8 intros to GT5p, or the Ferrari California video), and now the GT Cafe in Motegi, this is only going to help spread GT around the world. What other car gaming companies do you see helping create computer electronics for the GTR, or even a cafe named after them? Those are just a few examples of what PD has worked on, and in order to grow as a company, I think what PD has done outside the gaming world has been somewhat necessary.

Sure, there are many things that should be added to GT5 that have been in other games, such as damage, weather, etc. Having said that though, the more PD promotes in the gaming world and in the auto industry, and outside of that, the more it may benefit the company, and the more they can benefit from car companies or other businesses, the more it may translate into the game to benefit the gamers.

For example, damage....if they get more and more auto makers on their side for damage, maybe they can do it for sure the way people want it. I'm assuming you need licenses to get tracks into the game, so maybe if they promote at certain places, maybe they'll be able to get more tracks for you as the gamer to enjoy. Or maybe PD will promote companies like Porsche or Lamborghini in trade of getting them into the game. These are just basic examples, but you get the point. Of course these statements are not guarenteed, but if you see it differently, it could possibly benefit everyone in the long run.

Along with that, as many have said before, if PD releases their features too early before the product is out, it gives an opportunity for other developers to take ideas as well.

Yes, I would be disappointed if GT5 isn't at E3, but there's no way in heck that I'm not going to buy the game when it comes out. Whenever its out, it will be in my PS3 asap.

👍 Nice write up. PD is trying to spread this GT culture all over the world the more they expaned GT the better the game will be trust me. This is a great business move by PD. I know some people are like why are they not just focusing on the game, and this GT cafee and these shows they are just slowing up the process. You have to look at the bigger picture PD is trying to not only create the best Driving simulater but they also have to expand the company and in doing so the GT series will benefit in many ways. If Amar would of not said what he in his other thread i might have been nervous for E3, but comming out the way he did and with his reputaion im confident we will get great news at E3
 
If amar212 said we are getting something on GT5 by E3, we will get something! How much who knows for sure. I'm will to bet we get alot more information at the Tokyo Game Show.
 
I understand your pain @Patriotzero.
I would be severely irritable if there is no news by E3. More worryingly though, is maybe because of the excessive time taken to model these new cars, they're so busy trying to get a passable amount of cars into GT5 that there isn't actually any worthwhile news to release now. I sincerely hope this won't be similar to GT3. These are dark days for GT fans.
 
I pretty much feel like something big is going to come on E3 for the fact of what Amar said. like i ve read from evryone on this forum he has a strong reputaion on giving great and crucial GT news. Another thing i know alot of people are upset for the lack of news regarding GT5, and dont get me wrong some of the real loyal fans who are upset have a right. If you look on the bright side I think PD is going to give us a great game in GT5. Just because we are not getting any news, doesent mean when we get the news its going to be bad news. Silent but deadly thats PD style, and when we least expect it BOOM its going to hit. I remember KY saying we got a long way to go GT5P is about 15% to 20% of his final goal.



👍 Nice write up. PD is trying to spread this GT culture all over the world the more they expaned GT the better the game will be trust me. This is a great business move by PD. I know some people are like why are they not just focusing on the game, and this GT cafee and these shows they are just slowing up the process. You have to look at the bigger picture PD is trying to not only create the best Driving simulater but they also have to expand the company and in doing so the GT series will benefit in many ways. If Amar would of not said what he in his other thread i might have been nervous for E3, but comming out the way he did and with his reputaion im confident we will get great news at E3

Agree with all that has been said. Like most people it is so hard to wait. GT is well in the process of going where no game in history has gone before. I am sure that there is a much bigger picture many years down the road that we can hardly imagine at the time being. Being involved with actual racing and building and selling of cars will greatly expand the GT franchise throughout the world. Not to mention that GT will most likely be one of the games that car manufactures turn to first. I am sure that downloads of new content and updates will still continue even after the game is released. Which means that we would not have to wait until GT6 to see 2011/2012 car models etc. Or for that matter winners of SEMA etc. could be introduced just a few months later. Depeding on the level of tuning, body parts etc. perhaps even some of the best user developed cars could be released as part of car downloads. However if there is not major news by fall or if it is delayed until 2010 and we do not get a few more tracks. Then yes I would be fairly upset.
 
I wouldn't be suprised if GT5 is outshone by a handful of titles by the time it's released, about the only aspect they're guaranteed to outdo the competition with is car count.
I would be very surprised.

I played a few PC sims again recently - till my PC ate my DF Pro - and I don't see much in these games which is earthshakingly better. I don't think Forza 2 is any better, just different, and it's a LOT smaller than GT4 which it copied. You don't get a huge selection of cars in GTR Evo or LFS - in fact, only a couple of cars and I think one track among the very tiny selection in Live For Speed is real. You can't take a Ford Mustang or Nissan GT-R and mod it up to a mean racing machine in rFactor. You can't collect cars until you own hundreds or thousands - in fact in Forza 2, despite the REAL 360 having a hard drive, you can only own about 350 or so.

In my opinion, the only game which will outshine GT5 is GT6, and it will possibly be as big a difference as between GT3 and 4.

Oh, and for those who say "patches fix everything," no. If you want the most reliable bug free software, you have to get it right the first time, because these new computer architectures are just too complex. Bugs are sometimes different between similar machines. I have Killzone 2 bugs that only a few others have on my 1st gen 60GB PS3, and others have different issues. As was pointed out about SOCOM, a buggy PS3 Gran Turismo will be laughed at by large numbers of people. Unfortunately, Microsoft can sell millions of defective 360s, but SONY won't be able to get away with much of anything, especially with their latest flagship game. GT5 has got to be about as good as it gets, so it will only be released when Kazunori-dono says so.
 
I understand your pain @Patriotzero.
I would be severely irritable if there is no news by E3. More worryingly though, is maybe because of the excessive time taken to model these new cars

Lol.....By now they should have about 700 Cars modeled and physics done.
 
In my opinion GT5 must be a Playstation exclusive. All these years and change now?! when "almost" everybody bought PS3, HDTV, wheels and seats... maybe im old fashion but i like the GT tradition has it is now. About the long wait. yes its taking too much, but the longer they work on it, the better it will be (we hope lol)! I just think they create too much suspence around it and now looks like a circus. How many dates they said till today?? 5 maybe 6?? PD is an EXAGERATOR :ouch:
 
What would be really messed up if they just had an entire Slide show presentation just for the release.
 
One more point, if Kazunori-dono didn't have something to show, it would mean GT5 is going to be very ambitious in some aspect. We already have Prologue, and if GT5 is as close to release as certain people indicate ;) they could pretty easily put together something similar with full GT5 assets. If they're saving a big surprise such as weather or race mod and a livery editor, this would mean that GT5 is being delayed till some time in 2010. But if so, I'd expect the "fiest" to be revealed at the Tokyo Game Show. Unless Forza 3 is delayed similarly. ;)
 
I believe something will be revealed in E3. I believe that because amar wrote it.

Anyway, GT5 will come out when it will come out, there's nothing we can do about it. All this time may hurt players impatience, but I believe it hurts Sony and PD even more. So, if it isn't released, that's because it isn't ready.


But I have a solution for all impatient people that feel entitled to be angry at PD, a solution that is valid at least until GT5 is released.

In three words: Play Something Else
 
Anyone else wonder about the fact that polyphony at this current time are not booked in for a show at the 09 E3 :S, they are not one of the firms on the booked in lists.
 
Anyone else wonder about the fact that polyphony at this current time are not booked in for a show at the 09 E3 :S, they are not one of the firms on the booked in lists.

:confused:

Ok but you have more 2 months until the E3.
 
Anyone else wonder about the fact that polyphony at this current time are not booked in for a show at the 09 E3 :S, they are not one of the firms on the booked in lists.

They are part of Sony. So PD itself will not show on the list. If they will show something they will do it during the Sony Press Conference. Although i guess we aint gonna get any GT5 new on E3, they will probably wait till the TGS
 
PD wouldn't do a convention, it would be Sony. They are the publishers, they are the ones in charge of release information and probably all media and PR duties, as I've mentioned several times over the last weeks.
 
Anyone else wonder about the fact that polyphony at this current time are not booked in for a show at the 09 E3 :S, they are not one of the firms on the booked in lists.
They are part of Sony. So PD itself will not show on the list. If they will show something they will do it during the Sony Press Conference. Although i guess we aint gonna get any GT5 new on E3, they will probably wait till the TGS
http://www.e3expo.com/content/1146/exhibitor-list/ thats what im talking about polyphony as of now is not showing up to E3 i sure hope this changes.
PD wouldn't do a convention, it would be Sony. They are the publishers, they are the ones in charge of release information and probably all media and PR duties, as I've mentioned several times over the last weeks.


Is it just me or is this conversation had just before every videogame show? PD has never been listed as a presenter because Gran Turismo presentations are always done during the Sony presentations.
 
Exactly, they also never had an own booth on the showfloor (at least not a seperated one from the SCE booth) afaik.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back