Whats a fun car to buy and just mess around in?

  • Thread starter Thread starter SALEEN_S7-GTR
  • 67 comments
  • 6,420 views
I just took out a SS commandor. Even stock(and with me behind the wheel,) it drifts quite well and is very controllable. 👍
 
I've been having a lot of fun in a fully tuned Mercedes SL500. It's a total beast to control, but there is something quite rewarding with driving a car that has some push but can be coaxed out with a prod of the loud pedal.

I also enjoy driving the '02 RX-7, bone stock on a Mt. Aso track. I randomly create them and try to stay on the right side of the road. Turn off all of the HUD and the game just takes on an air of having fun in a car. It's pretty great.
 
I've been having a lot of fun in a fully tuned Mercedes SL500. It's a total beast to control, but there is something quite rewarding with driving a car that has some push but can be coaxed out with a prod of the loud pedal.

I also enjoy driving the '02 RX-7, bone stock on a Mt. Aso track. I randomly create them and try to stay on the right side of the road. Turn off all of the HUD and the game just takes on an air of having fun in a car. It's pretty great.

How do you turn off HUD?
 
I'm thinking about buying a Ferrari 458. Heard its quick.

👍

This will mostlikely be my next car but I think I'm going to do something different and go for the Audi RS6 Avant, prior to purchasing the 458 because the RS6 will be my very first wagon in this game.

Edit: I just couldn't talk myself into buying the RS6 Avant, looks like I'm gonna grind out a few more races and get a 458.
 
Last edited:
A really nice car to mess around with is M3 CSL... Magic! The standard M3 and the GTR works fine also.. keep it stock! The balance is amazing!
 
Had some fun with the first car I bought (one of the Miatas). Also like some of the lower classed cars as they are pretty fun to drive.

I prefer my Alfa Romeo TZ2 though, not to slow, not to fast, and corners well.
 
So far the most fun I've had is in a slightly tuned Berlinetta Boxer on the original sport hard tyres.

This car had a reputation in real life for punishing those who took it lightly, and given how much it drifts around even with the driver aids still on I can see why.

Great fun
 
I'm quite liking your VW Bus there man!:sly:

I already have an R8 with about 630 BHP, it is a nice car.

Cheers mate the vw bus is surprisingly good for drifting and the r8 is one of my all time favorit cars. I'd love it if you could race mod an r8
 
Caterham Seven Fireblade, It'll show them big boys in pimped out civics what driving is about with much added embarrassment along the way. Go get one NOW.

However, a 458 is good too, a tune is available at Avid Racing Factory. You may visit our homepage via my signature below.

Cheers
 
The V6 Clio no better car for just fooling around and stuff.

I agree. It's a little rocket with a short wheelbase, and it's twitchy at the limit. It does things very eagerly if you tune it right and keep it well-maintained, which is great for breaking out into powerslides and pretending to be Ken Block.
 
chevy camaro '69 with racing modifacation with all possible mods
has trouble on corners, but sounds amazing (one of the best sounds in the game in my opinion)
ive had alot of fun in practice mode with it, and tons of fun in photo mode with it
total cost though, including car, RM, and all other mods is 400,000+
 
I enjoy driving the BMW M5 2008 with the works done to it. Good fun euro race grinder for me and the sound.
 
Watain and ucwepn have both mentioned some good cars that I'm proud to say are currently sitting in my GT5 garage (69' Camaro Z28 RM [fully modified] and 08' BMW M5 [fully modified]). The Camaro sounds great and handles pretty well for such an old car however, the moment you get it, increase your top speed setting because it'll only be limited to 135 MPH (fully modified). The M5 is a blast to drive, I love that V10 exhaust note and the fact that the car handles fairly well with minimal tuning. This is definitely one of those cars you could take on the Norembergring Nordschleife and just cruise around the trap to appreciate it's beauty, as well as haul a** on the long straight-a-way towards the end of the lap. 👍
 
I say a NOMAD is like the 3rd time I mention it toda:) I'm seekin for a S7 so bad
 
I say the Autozam az-1.
It's a mid-engined premium model with available aero gear, and it's very controllable and pretty.

It needs a few more ponies than it has in stock form, but I generally stop at 100hp to keep it from even thinking it's too serious. (though I do lighten the heck out of it) Even though it's not as fast as other cars in its class, it's a lot more stable, and is totally incapable of becoming a handful.

I just switch my brain off and drive. It's a very relaxing ride.
 
Caterham 7 Fireblade, mine has about 250hp but weights under 400kgs (881 pounds)
The most fun you can have without being forced to cuddle afterwards
 
Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG '10
Subaru CUSCO DUNLOP IMPREZA '08

Both are immensely stable cars. While the former is not near my most powerful or fastest car, and the Impreza tops out at a bone-crushing 376HP, they're just quick and are no-drama runs. They make good racing line practice.
 
How do you turn off HUD?

Press "Start" when the race begins. Then select the second to last icon, it is four squares and called "Quick Options." These are the view options and you can customize the HUD to your heart's content. It's a fantastic way to enjoy your premium interior view of choice.
 
I've been having the most fun in the Toyota FT-86. Main upgrades have been suspension & drivetrain. The thing handles so damn well!
 
Cars that I love driving:

458 Italia '09:
I love the way the game simulates it's downforce, you can really feel the grip levels at high speed vs how the rear will break traction at low speed. I just wish the driver aids were more like the cars RL aids rather than PD's generic muzzles.

Impreza WRX STi (BBS Wheel Option) '07:
Really easy to drive with the 4WD system so you can really chuck it at the corners and boot the throttle to break traction.

CTR "Yellowbird" '87:
The weight distribution makes it unlike any other car to drive and it really feels like wrestling a wild animal into submission making it a deeply satisfying car to handle. Lapping the ring in this should have had it's own trophy.

MR2 G-Limited '97:
Very slide happy but slow enough that you just handle it. Like driving a 130mph gokart.

Focus RS '02:
My fav FWD car in the game and it really captures the feeling of the front wheels squirming under power well unlike a lot of the other FWD cars which just feel like they don't want to turn. Shame it's not the '09 model.
 
mercedez benz c 63 amg, sliding beast !, drifting with that car never been so much fun,
other cars that is fun to drive are :

-skyline r32 gtr, set the torque to 10/90 and you got yourself a powerful drif car
-subaru impreza wrx sti 2007
-chevrolet corvette zr1 rm
-mazda rx7 type r
-chevrolet camaro ss 2010
-suzuki cappuccino
-lambo gallardo
-any mazda miata
-nascar, i gotta admit the nascar is fun to drive, i dont know why though
-lexus lf-a
 
I just bought a 458, and it handles pretty well, but didn't do much speed in it.
 
I have been learning to drive with a wheel after using a controller since GT1. Taking 10-15 laps at each track in a few different cars. Plus, I've got a sort of love affair with the Elise.

First - Bone-stock (with oil change) Lotus Elise Type 72
Low horsepower MR that's slightly tail-happy, but not too much so. Good to learn the course and certain speeds. Sports Hard tires all around.

Next - Lotus Elise 111R
A few mods bring this up to about 225HP and some slight suspension upgrades make this a tail-happy beast to muscle around tracks in practice. Good car to learn control with. Sports Mediums or Sports Soft on this one.

Last - Lotus Elise 111R RM
Fun with a capital "F". Still a handful, but a great test of your ability in a race car. Not TOO powerful, but enough giddy-up to keep you paying attention. Racing Medium tires.

I don't really have too many higher-HP cars except for my Ford GT, which I use to smack around the AI for fun. Put a wing and Racing Mediums on that thing, and it turns from a tail-happy git to a road hugging beast of a car.
 
Thanks to everyone who is posting. I am going to buy a clio soon, because everybody says its fast. Keep posting, because your giving other people ideas now, not just me!

Thanks!
 
458 is great, but I bought an M5 today, took it on the ring and loved it! I got it drifting nicely too. Fun to drive. I also love a good Corvette ZR1 for crazy spinning.
 
Is the Zonda R fun to mess around in?

Not really. The only cool thing about it as that if you paint it a color, the inside is also that color.

Get a WRC car and attach a turbo, or search the UCD for the 1998 Escort Rally Car. Both are fun.

*EDIT: you mind not double posting SALEEN? You'll get tripped up by a Moderator sooner or later*
 
Not really. The only cool thing about it as that if you paint it a color, the inside is also that color.

Get a WRC car and attach a turbo, or search the UCD for the 1998 Escort Rally Car. Both are fun.

*EDIT: you mind not double posting SALEEN? You'll get tripped up by a Moderator sooner or later*

Uh,... sure. I didn't know a moderator would kick me for double posting.:indiff: Thanks for the tip!:)
 
Back