What's a track you need more practice on?

Messages
864
United States
Long Beach, CA
Messages
danonite
For me it's Suzuka. I'm always in the gravel after the first corner and the esses are terrible! :scared:
 
Daytona Road. I always, without fail, come off at the first corner.
 
Course maker tracks? :)
 
Nurburgring GP... No doubt I need ALOT more practice there :dopey:
 
Laguna Seca. For some reason I find it difficult to apex a lot of the corners there.
 
London - I am always in the barriers as I cannot see the corners so well in the high contrast lighting...

Oh.. and any of the SS routes!
 
Nurburgring Nordschleife and Nurburgring 24H. Always crash in some of the corners in those tracks.
 
Nurb GP. Those hairpins are just impossible at the moment.
 
Rome Reverse. Brilliant track, better than normal version, but still very tricky to drive flat-out.

Daytona Road is also tricky, being quite narrow and unforgiving in the infield, and includes some challenging braking zones.

Suzuka, meanwhile, is one of the most fun tracks ever, and not particularly difficult - although it's far from popular with a lot of people I've seen post about it.
 
Rally, I just can't get one decent lap on anything that isn't road >:(
 
Nurburgring 24hr layout, I can never get a clean lap when I race there, I guess I have a short attenion span.
 
Daytona Road. I always, without fail, come off at the first corner.

Agreed. The first corner ALWAYS makes you lose grip.
 
Always the ring, the green hell. The only one I care about really.
 
Most small tracks.
 
Last edited:
Fuji Raceway! The large corners always make me swing wide:tdown:
 
Yes, daytona road, first corner.
 
Nurburgring in general, is quite a challenge for me, seeing people do laps in 3.00 minutes is crazy (in the x1)
 
Any of the rally tracks, I absolutely suck at rally:(

For road courses, I like to consistently miss the braking point of Turn 1 at the Nurburgring GP course:ouch:
 
Green Hell... You always get the same sensation after doing a lap: You can do it a bit faster in some point.
 
Fuji... the combinations of increasing radius and decreasing radius corners, followed by slower corners always screws me up.
 
Agreed. The first corner ALWAYS makes you lose grip.

Daytona Road Course is a pain with the X1 on "Like the Wind". You finally get the track right and then little Bobby comes up to get lapped and you rear end him. Not fun. Plus that noise when your flipping and you hit the ground. Sounds like a jet plane being murdered.
 
The ring, I always spin out at some point around the norchdelife.
 
Suzuka is really tough for me. You have to drive it very differently depending on the car. I have trouble with it in F1-2010 as well.
 
The Nurb GP for me, especially trying to beat the Vettel challenge with a sixaxis.
 
Daytona Road. I always, without fail, come off at the first corner.

This used to get me quite a lot in prologue.

Think of it this way - your tires only have a certain amount of grip that can be used at any one time. it could be 100% acceleration, 100% breaking, 100% turning, or combination of two of these. for this corner, go for about 50% breaking, 50% cornering.

The technique is to break early and only use half brakes and turn after a bit of breaking. Once you have this sorted, you can learn to break fully then ease off the brakes as you start to turn the wheel.

If you have time learn with a car that you are familiar with, has good braking stability and is nicely balanced, ie no understeer/oversteer.

End of the day its all about practice :) hope you get it sorted soon.

On topic, im usually good on most tracks, i would say the nurburgring but im realistically never going to learn it off by heart
 
Last edited:
Nurburgring GP. I'm crap on all of it, I can barely do a lap without going into the gravel
 
The Ring. I'm finally getting to the point where I can consistently get clean runs and my times are dropping. It's amazing how many seconds can be trimmed.

Whipping around this track is clearly (imo) the most fun that can be had in GT5. It's a humbling experience seeing some of the times people post in this forum but it let's me know I have plenty of room for improvement.
 
Back