Whats really the purpose of museum cards?

  • Thread starter Thread starter tho
  • 30 comments
  • 3,989 views

tho

Messages
128
Messages
thormiester
I just don't really get it, what do you people think......;....
 
They're nice little tidbits of history on different automobile manufacturers. They can be very interesting, if you're interested in that sort of thing.
 
Midnight Snacks
They're nice little tidbits of history on different automobile manufacturers. They can be very interesting, if you're interested in that sort of thing.

Agreed. I learned a lot about my favorite manufacturer, BMW. It made me appreciate the history behind my ride 👍.
 
The purpose is to just basically show the great history of automobiles and how well they have evolved, and yet im suprised hardly any GTP users suggest more cars mentioned within the museum cards, as PD had the right to have pictures and info from the cars, its just a thought if PD add any more cars,but it would be good for them to add cars which have been featured in the Museum Cards to make it feel more connected in a sense, although i am genuinely happy with whats there already. Museum cards are fun to read now and then though :)
 
I learned that Mercedes is not a founder but the daughter of one of the founders of Mercedes-Benz :D

These museum cards make for a great automotive trivia 👍
 
It's not the first time I've seen this question on here. The purpose is to get some knowledge which you most likely wouldn't come across if you didn't specifically look for it. Another purpose is to collect and exchange the cards. There are several things to trade and exchange in the GT5 but I feel these cards are underrated.
 
I like the museum cards. However, there is an appalling disparity between the cars featured on the museum cards and the cars featured in the game. PD, it's clear you know what the good cars are...give them to us!
 
Nobody has mentioned the reason for the museum cards yet, they are just a part of a large package of things of which to full-fill the service requirement of the up-scaled branding of the GT franchise, that encapsulates a broader environment and perceived ethos.
In other words it was part of the business plan, it's not because they want to offer you history of vehicles like some kind of teacher trying to turn a lesson into a novel kind of entertainment. It's there to ultimately increase the company value known as Polyphony Digital.
It's a business.
 
Nobody has mentioned the reason for the museum cards yet, they are just a part of a large package of things of which to full-fill the service requirement of the up-scaled branding of the GT franchise, that encapsulates a broader environment and perceived ethos.
In other words it was part of the business plan, it's not because they want to offer you history of vehicles like some kind of teacher trying to turn a lesson into a novel kind of entertainment. It's there to ultimately increase the company value known as Polyphony Digital.
It's a business.
:nervous:
 
Some foreign version has cut out museum cards system (Like Chinese version)
 
Nobody has mentioned the reason for the museum cards yet, they are just a part of a large package of things of which to full-fill the service requirement of the up-scaled branding of the GT franchise, that encapsulates a broader environment and perceived ethos.
In other words it was part of the business plan, it's not because they want to offer you history of vehicles like some kind of teacher trying to turn a lesson into a novel kind of entertainment. It's there to ultimately increase the company value known as Polyphony Digital.
It's a business.

:nervous::nervous:
 
Their sole purpose is to show us what decent cars PD "COULD" have put into GT5 (especially in the Honda, Nissan and Toyota cards) rather then 3 different regional variations of 100's of the same car but couldn't be bothered to (Kinda like the same effort with the car sounds) :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
 
I learned that Mercedes is not a founder but the daughter of one of the founders of Mercedes-Benz :D

These museum cards make for a great automotive trivia 👍

Yes, Mercedes Jellinek was the daughter of Emil Jellinek, he sold cars made by Daimler and raced them under his daughters name, after succesful sales eventually the name Mercedes was adopted by the German company itself.
So the name Mercedes originates from a Jewish girl which is incredibly and painfully ironic given that Mercedes was the favoured transport of a certain mustachioed dictator.
That same dictator was given a car for his birthday by Henry Ford.
Somehow this sort of trivia isn't showing up in those musem cards though.
 
I guess it just helps your overall knowledge on cars. :)
 
It's your own museum and look cars. I think I remember hearing about some kind of museum deal from when GT4 was in the works, and so I'm glad this was featured in GT5. And I disagree with saying this is a way of showing what cars should have been in GT5, as if featuring these Museum Cards is just a mere way to short change us GT5 fans. I do wish more car companies would show up among the list of featured manufacturers for the Museum feature. Maybe since I'm American, I have more Ford cards than most others.

But, the cards are just there for you to take a look back into history through the eyes of Polyphony Digital. Enjoy!
 
I like the museum cards. Although I haven't looked at them in months... so I have a ton to go through next time I look at them. They are pretty interesting.
 
I wish they added a few more manufacturers there.
 
I enjoy them. They provide a historical backdrop for the game and give you more info than the vehicle descriptions in the dealerships.

But, I quit viewing museum cards back when there was a bug with the save data file and just looking at them could corrupt the save file.

PS. My save file got corrupted during a bad save anyway. So, I might as well have kept on reading them.
 
Whatever the purpose, they need bigger pictures :D
There ya go!
My steering wheel is supported but not enough to give me a button that zooms. I can't even read the damn things at all...so...to me...they're virtually worthless.
 
Is there a way to delete them?

You can trade them If you want to really get rid of them, but no, there's no way to delete them.
 
You can trade them If you want to really get rid of them, but no, there's no way to delete them.

Damn! I can only gift 5 a day & I have shedloads. :ouch: Apparently they increase the size of your gamesave?
 
Damn! I can only gift 5 a day & I have shedloads. :ouch: Apparently they increase the size of your gamesave?

You can delete them by clicking in the card options and choose delete. Although we can arrange a deal if you want ;)

Yes, i read in some thread (maybe the bug thread) that looking at the cards increase your game save. But if you don't look at them i'm not sure if increases your game save.

Divinus
 
Their sole purpose is to show us what decent cars PD "COULD" have put into GT5 (especially in the Honda, Nissan and Toyota cards) rather then 3 different regional variations of 100's of the same car but couldn't be bothered to (Kinda like the same effort with the car sounds) :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Correction, especially the Ford cards. I want some more Ford Europe vehicles, like some classic Fiesta Mk 1s, Escorts, XR2s etc. :dopey:

Also, it's similar to the "description" provided on each car, provides more surrounding information for the things in the game.
 
I open my museum every single day. Any issues have been fixed a long time ago.

IMO horns are more worthless than museum cards. The museum cards are actually one of the more desirable items imo. Each one is unique, and between the daily log in bonus and the 5 cards per day sending limit and the 1200+ cards, a challenging item to collect.
 
Correction, especially the Ford cards. I want some more Ford Europe vehicles, like some classic Fiesta Mk 1s, Escorts, XR2s etc. :dopey:

A correction im happy to be corrected about :lol: :lol:

A few Sapphire Cosworths and Whaletail Escort Cosworths would be good too Oh and a special mention for Tim Harveys RS500 Touring Car too :P :cheers:
 
Is every one there to trade and collect all the card ? Add me blu-raykiller psn
 
The museum cards are history + a lot informations. Like the very long description for every car in the game. One of the fine details why I love GT5. :dopey:👍

Must be a really massive hunt for the DP crew to collect all the images & informations. Could be one of the things why the game release took so long.

It's not only a racing game, it's more. And if you are one of the arcade boys who don't care about history, pictures & inforamtions, why bother about it? :confused:

Go on & just ignore it. No one forces you to look at it. :dunce:
 
A correction im happy to be corrected about :lol: :lol:

A few Sapphire Cosworths and Whaletail Escort Cosworths would be good too Oh and a special mention for Tim Harveys RS500 Touring Car too :P :cheers:

Well the appearance of them in the museum proves that PD knows about them, they're just less important than 2 Suzuki Cappacinos :sick:

But there is some interesting stuff in there, recognised a few cars from LA Noire lol.
 
Back