What's the best ps1 steering wheel?

• Thread starter wado02
  • 3 comments
I've never used a PS1 wheel that was worth the plastic they were made of. Now, it may be possible that there were good ones, but I used a few different ones and none of them were any good.
If you want decent analog control for any PS1 racing games, your only real options are the neGcon (which was fantastic, and supported by a pretty wide variety of PS1 racing games. All of the PS1 and early PS2 wheels were based on this controller) and the JogCon (which I thought was even better, but the build quality was varied and it was only supported by GT2, R4 and RRV).
I've played several games, including GT2, with a neGcon, and it is a night an day difference between using a Dual Shock with it. Modulation is great, and once you get used to using the controller, steering is far better than anything possible with analog sticks.
I once used a JogCon once as well, but not with GT2. It was a fantastic little controller for playing RRV with, so I have to imagine playing GT2 with it would be even better.

Threads a bit old, but:

Mad Catz MC2. By far the best wheel for the PSX. Had vibration, sequential shifter, paddle shifters, retractable leg supports (great if you don't have a table to attach it to), both analog and digital support, and a cool little LED throttle thingy. It also works with the PS2. Mine served me faithfully until I upgraded to a Driving Force Pro for GT4, though I still keep the MC2 around for GT1 and GT2 use.

You can probably pick one up cheap on craigslist or ebay. Just make sure to get the PS/PS2 or universal version, as most out there are for the XBox.

Lol I have not heard of a PS1 racing wheel but like Rotard12a I too recall a Mad Catz wheel that was basicly a universal one for Computer, Xbox, Ps2, Ps1(I think). Best of luck finding a good one!

Back