What's the biggest mistake you did in GT4

• Thread starter Fyshokid
  • 266 comments
Playing the 1st 4.5% with an auto tranny.

How silly. And what a totally different game with the MT. Sooo addicted.

Signed,

Newb. old

Okay, this isn't the biggest mistake I've ever made in GT4 but I just did this one a couple minutes ago.

I'm working on golding IA-8, Hong Kong hairpin to S/F line. I had just made a run that was about two tenths off the gold time. On my next run halfway down the straight with the pit entrance I was looking in the mirror and was admiring how far ahead of my ghost I was. Then ran smack into the divider at the pit entrance. :ouch: 🤬 :grumpy: :dunce:

Okay, this isn't the biggest mistake I've ever made in GT4 but I just did this one a couple minutes ago.

I'm working on golding IA-8, Hong Kong hairpin to S/F line. I had just made a run that was about two tenths off the gold time. On my next run halfway down the straight with the pit entrance I was looking in the mirror and was admiring how far ahead of my ghost I was. Then ran smack into the divider at the pit entrance. :ouch:🤬:grumpy::dunce:

:lol::lol: You should've called bob, then again, he would've hit the wall too.

Just kidding, I know bob can't do these. Even if he could, he couldn't past a single liscense test, even if his life depended on it.

I made a mistake selling my Nissan R190 GT1 Road Car, when it performed better than the race car. :indiff:

I never really made a huge mistake. *raps the wood desk* I have a backup save on a second card, that's about four day's not being up-to-date.. :lol:

But really, only the small things.

1. The worst is not putting enough effort into the license tests early on. I mean, yeah, I still transfered the hundred thousand and got what I wanted first out, but.. yeah.

2. Another thing was I should have taken more time to get used to the new physics engine (Also like Kent, I purchased first day out.)and i lost a lot more races than I should have.

3. I didn't discover the killer Buick Special early enough.
4. Abused the F1 Car... Somehow I have 9,000 miles and i have no clue where they came from.

5. Tried to finish the game as fast as I could. It took just 3 months. :ill:

6. Abused B-spec.

7. Purchased Gillet Vertigo. :ouch:

Cheers,
Jetboy

Doing the Formula 1 Championship, without entering the championship, but doing each race at a time; i didn't win anything. :grumpy:

My biggest mistake on GT4 was spending 610.000($) on a Mercedes SLR McLaren :ouch: to (try) win a challenge, forggenting how difficult it was to control it :guilty: . I had to sell it, and bought a 84.880($) Dodge Viper SRT-10 👍 and won the challenge.

Doing the Formula 1 Championship, without entering the championship, but doing each race at a time; i didn't win anything. :grumpy:

Man thats got to suck, I mean you get the bonus money plus the C9 Mercedes which is a great car.

Man thats got to suck, I mean you get the bonus money plus the C9 Mercedes which is a great car.

I was really anxious to get the car and just didn't get the "Congratulations" screen, i was kind of suprised and bummed out:guilty:

My biggest mistake was quite stupid...I have a wireless controler and i turned it off while the game was autosaving and it currupted my data. Sucked because i was over half way through the game and had 200+ cars:grumpy: :mad: :guilty: 👎 :yuck: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬

🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬

:eek: PottyMouth! You curse more than I do.

Another mistake is choosing GT4 over sex like I said. Please, please don't do what I do. It would be the easiest way to make you single.

Also when I let my sister in the room, while Bob almost finished the 24 Hour Enduro, she accidently kicked the reset button. ON THE LAST LAP!!
🤬🤬

My biggest mistake was to buy the Peugeot 905(3 500 000 Cr.) While it has great handling and very good power/weight ratio, after buying it i found it takes half an hour to change gear. If you look at the list of B-spec times complied by Famine, it is still really high on the list but it is not fun to drive at all with the stupid gears. I am curious why it takes so long to change gear, for a Le Mans car it seems an unacceptably long time.

ive done this mistake a million times: buy a car, spend 200k on it to find it under/oversteers too much. other mistakes include braking too late into the last tskuba curcuit: not only do you run off for about half a mile but also end up facing the other way.

My biggest mistake was quite stupid... I have a wireless controler and i turned it off while the game was autosaving and it currupted my data. Sucked because i was over half way through the game and had 200+ cars

What does the fact that you have a wireless controller got to do with the rest of your story? :irked:

:grumpy: :mad: :guilty: 👎 :yuck: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬

I used to use the vB mimit (100) that until Famine called me a lunatic. :lol:

It's not really a mistake buying a crappy car unless you're seriously low on money. I printed off the list in the game guides, and ticked off every car i had, then went and dug up about probably $100 million (Seriously, don't ask:ill:) to buy the rest of the cars in the game. (The 200 cheap cars, and about 100 expensive cars that i didn't have)

Pulling a handbrake turn to cross the finish line backwards while giving the finger to the artificial idiot in second place (had been a hard race) only to realise once I crossed the finish line that there was still a lap to go :dunce:

I didn't win.

Pulling a handbrake turn to cross the finish line backwards while giving the finger to the artificial idiot in second place (had been a hard race) only to realise once I crossed the finish line that there was still a lap to go :dunce:

I didn't win.

I also often do a handbrake turn at the finish line and the same thing has happened to me couple of times... bad habit :lol:

Well, since I restarted on the PS3, I had worked my way up to an Impreza, which in a moment of whimsy I sold to finance improving a Peugeot 307 I had bought.
Unfortunately, the 307 wouldn't win any races for me, and I was poverty-stricken.

Buying a PS3 to find that i was not able to play GT4 for atleast a month untill the FW got updated to 1.70... and not being able to use my memory cards... never mind s*it happens it just gives me another incentive to get to where i was before (65%)

Spending 2 hours solid struggling with the muscle cars mission at Seattle (is it mission 14?). Desperately trying to pass the 2nd place car before the end of the lap...THE 2ND LAP! How many times did I exit and retry, forgetting I had a 3rd lap to pass that damn car. Wasn't till I finally passed it and crossed the finish line in 1st, then thought, ""Why did it not just say FINISH?". How stupid is that?

Latest Posts

Back