What's the biggest mistake you did in GT4

• Thread starter Fyshokid
  • 266 comments
One of my big mistakes was to win Mission 34... Or 32... (Can't remember, It's the one with the SLR)... After driving it for a week, every time I turned with the FGT I turned to much... It took some days to get used to it again

Now my only mistake is that I'm playing GT3 instead of GT4. Because my PlayStation won't read the disc... NOOOOOOOOOH!!!

Greetings Cyber Racers,
My graetest mistake? Turning the game on to begin with!
Lost in a lost world,
Fangio

I'd just as soon simply edit my post way up there, but it wouldn't advance the thread at all. So, here goes.

I let my mate borrow my backup-save card at the last two weeks of school. That was about May 28th. I still don't have it. A few friends and I stopped at his house for collection, and his mum confirmed she saw it. After she washed it. :banghead: And since then it has disappeared in the depths of their bassment. I'm in absolute fear of even playing with the threat of game save corruption. :nervous:

Cheers,
Jetboy

My biggest mistake/crappy moment ... Was when I had a near full memory card (including my 99.x% complete game) and then I decided to put soul caliber II on it and it is one of those variable savegames and it corrupted my entire memory card ... so I guess that's not really related directly to GT4 .. but I am still bitter about it !!

When I didn't check the days when I was close to 1394, so when I checked, I was 15 days late for the black cars X0
That was really frustrating:irked:

When I didn't check the days when I was close to 1394, so when I checked, I was 15 days late for the black cars X0
That was really frustrating:irked:

Hrmmm...

Selling my JAGUAR XJR-9 Race Car '88 & TOYOYTA 88C-V Race Car (MINOLTA) '89 just to buy the Black 787B & GT-One

...only to find out that the days to buy them had gone by...

I didn't have any 'good' cars besides those two...

I had to continue using the NISSAN GT-R Concept LM Race Car '02 (I personally don't like it...compared to the other two...)

Cheating. I used my codebreaker to get every single car in my garage. It just plain sucked the fun and challenge out of it. So I'm starting from scratch from here on out.

Cheating. I used my codebreaker to get every single car in my garage. It just plain sucked the fun and challenge out of it. So I'm starting from scratch from here on out.

Awesome! To all the cheaters out there, follow ilovetheescudo's example! Codebreaker sucks! Turn off the cheats and try to earn every car & credit with your own fingers & thumbs! :cheers::):D:P +REP

Hello everyone, this is my first post here and my second one anywhere.
My biggest mistakes are letting others drive and selling some of the license won cars,
I had to copy the 100.000 Cr. from the GT3 save to get back on track.
Now my disk is damaged and my PS2 is on the fritz, AUGH !!!!!!
I haven't played in months, AND I'M GETTING WITHDRAWL SYMTOMS.

My biggest mistake was getting into a car. There was no mention in the Handbook, nor have I encountered any posts here that would've warned me of how the game auto-saves when a player does this.

While working on my Licenses, I got into the Nike One, and saw the red memory card icon flashing in the corner. I was VERY VERY ANGRY, knowing how much I enjoyed seeing my toolboxes with the Garage Door open. Furthermore, it increments your "Driven" stats for this car, which is something I wish to keep to a minimum for this gamesave (at least until 100%).

This is one of the stupidest "features" of the garage, and I can't imagine why the programmers would build things this way. For me and my goals with this gamesave, this makes "testing" a newly acquired vehicle impractical, limiting the potential for pleasant experiences with this game.

I was all-gold through IA9. It only took a day to get back to where I was, but I was quite peeved.

CLIFFS: Getting into a car in GT Mode will invoke AutoSave and increment your "Driven" stats for that vehicle...

Have A Great Drive
RoadHazzard

^The Pescarolo is far and away the faster car...unless you were buyin the Black GT1, or unless the GT1 has more sentimental value to you, you made the right move.

I can't imagine why the programmers would build things this way. For me and my goals with this gamesave, this makes "testing" a newly acquired vehicle impractical, limiting the potential for pleasant experiences with this game.
I'm quite sure it has to do with the realism pursuit. You bought it, you own it. You also drove it so you can't just say "I don't like this car" and expect to get all your money back.

In case you want to try out a new car without getting the game saved buy the car, don't get in, and back out to the Arcade mode. Pick the car and drive, as the Arcade physics are exactly the same as the GT mode physics you'll get all the information you'll need. If you then find out you don't want it, reset the game and pick the next car.

My biggest mistake was getting into a car. There was no mention in the Handbook, nor have I encountered any posts here that would've warned me of how the game auto-saves when a player does this.

Yea, this is soooo annoying. :mad::banghead: I much prefer the traditional LOAD/SAVE method myself. GT1 had the best saving system (which PD simply never got right after the first game). You can load or save from the start-up screen OR from the garage. 👍 It's just so convenient.

I'm quite sure it has to do with the realism pursuit. You bought it, you own it. You also drove it so you can't just say "I don't like this car" and expect to get all your money back.

PD should implement a "test drive" feature, then. Which (In a roundabout, unexpected way) the Arcade method you mentioned above is. I don't think PD thought of this angle, tho. :guilty:

..I mean, how many times (in real-life) have you ever walked into a car-dealership, and the dealer says:

"Okay, you gonna buy, or you gonna walk? Make up your mind! Oh, and you don't get a test-drive!" :lol:

Last edited:
^they say that whennever it's high end around here. There are no HEMI Charger test drives, or Boxster test drives. you either want it, or you don't. Mianly because they don't want some douchetwaddle test driving their high end cars.

^they say that whennever it's high end around here. There are no HEMI Charger test drives, or Boxster test drives. you either want it, or you don't. Mianly because they don't want some douchetwaddle test driving their high end cars.

Really? I wonder if that's some sort of absolute rule, tho. Pupik used to work at a Lexus dealer, he could shed some insight...think I'll PM him...

I mean yeah....certainly nobody off the street should be able to walk in and test-drive anything without some sort of certification, but I was under the assumption that even a Rolls Royce customer at least could drive the car they're interested in, so long as some sort of background check was performed and the dealer comes along for the ride. :confused:

Last edited:
Most dealers are going to do a background check on your license before you get behind the wheel; to make sure it's not suspended/revoked. They may ask for insurance, every state has its own rules; usually the cars are insured by the dealer in my state, but the basic requirement for coverage is that the driver has a valid license. The dealer likely won't let an 18-year-old drive any car they wish, but a 30-year-old can, since they probably won't do something stupid in the heat of the moment. (If there is some perk to being older, this is one of them.) Every dealer makes their own rules; there's always going to be a little bit of bias.

For example, if you show up to the Porsche dealer win a Ferrari, they'll give you no trouble for a test drive. But if you show up in a 10-year-old Honda Civic, you might have to sign some paperwork, show proof of insurance, 2 forms of ID, et cetera. Even then, the salesman wants to be sure you're serious about a purchase of that magnitude by asking a few questions. Usually a Porsche salesman has been in the game for a while, so they've heard every trick in the book. There is no law stating that they must allow you to test-drive their cars, as far as I know.

By the way, many ultra-high-end dealers don't have that many new cars to sell; you can test drive, but you're on a waiting list. Case in point was the Audi R8, with it's 2-3 year waiting list; you could not test drive the floor sample. It would have a SOLD sign on it even if there was one...it would stay for about one day or less while it was being preped and detailed. So the way to "test drive" it would be to join one of the Audi-sponsored driving/racing schools that featured the R8. If you were going to spend that sort of coin, you were probably willing to buy the car; which meant paying for the car in full in most cases.

As for other high-end cars, or limited edition cars (where each dealer migh only have one on the lot, or only getting one or two for sale), in many cases, you may not be able to test drive it: It's probably already sold! Lots of people put a deposit on it so that it's there when they pick it up. Sometimes the people in the dealership purchase it, or the owner's son is going drive it away soon. Sometimes the car is there to draw you in; but that's usually only if a car is brand-new (for example, the first 2-3 weeks). Otherwise, you have look and act as if you're interested in buying it, not just driving it for giggles.

A little bit more down to earth, most dealerships of the more popular brands will allow nearly anyone to test drive; basically, if you came into the dealer with a car that runs, and doesn't smoke too badly, you'll be allowed to drive, as long as you don't scare them silly beforehand. And if you come into the service department's driveway with your car, and then head over to sales, it's even easier. They know your car isn't going anywhere...it's going to be on a lift for a while! On the other hand, the paperwork trail is usually much shorter (or even non-existent). The dealer has an approved test drive area or route, and you can't always deviate without prior approval.

Don't forget your wallet; but don't test drive a car from a place that asks for money during a test-drive. Go alone, your buddy can wait in the lobby while you test drive. Try the lesser-powered car before daring to ask for the V8 powered one. A test drive is not a performance analysis in most cases. The salesman isn't impressed with you revving the motor to 5000 rpm, he/she may be a car nut, but they're not impressed with show-offs. If you know the "performance stats" of the car, then there's nothing to really prove. Besides, you want to make sure its a car you want to live with in basic stop-and-go traffic.

Don't dress like a slob, and don't give them the sob-story; I got just as sick and tired of the rich snobs who thought they were at the Ritz-Carlton as the "nice-guy millionaire" who'd wear tatters and old sandals with a 3-day-old beard...who subsequently cried he wasn't getting any attention from the salesman! Also, if you act as if you're "too good" for the brand, you'll also be ignored. Letting anyone drive their new cars, regardless of make/model, is a sign of respect. Acting like your above them and their products is just stupid and impresses nobody.

Anyhow, this is so far off-topic, it hurts.

Wow, thanks Pupik...for shedding light on this. 👍 +REP 👍 :cheers: May Motley Crue play your next birthday party, and so on....

That's what I always figured: to eventually get behind the wheel of a high-end machine, you gotta 1. look the part, 2. have certification (valid license, insurance, etc), and 3. the dealer has the right to "size you up" and say "no" if that's the case. I didn't know all the stuff about joining a car-club, tho.

..if I ever find myself with enough money to buy my dream machine, I'll remember all this info. :) +REP

Last edited:
Buying a Mercedes-Benz 190 E 2.5 - 16 Evolution II 1991. I then sold it for a fraction of the price. That was when I had very little money to spend.

Now however, I have plenty of money, and I spent an hour doing the Super Speedway 150 miles enduro. I got a lousy Honda NSX racing concept.

Absolutely pointless. I would have let the computer do it, but it kept spinning out.

If you need help on that track, use the Jaguar XJR-9 with RSH tyres.

..i mean, how many times (in real-life) have you ever walked into a car-dealership, and the dealer says:

"okay, you gonna buy, or you gonna walk? Make up your mind! Oh, and you don't get a test-drive!" :lol:

You sure? My mother bought a '95 Neon without test-driving it first just because she liked the commercials. :P

Buy a new car just because you saw it on a commercial? LOL

The biggest my mistake that I remember was when I bought a F1 car from my brother via Trade option. Paid 6millions (didn't notice the price at the time) for that purple piece of purple color.

Last edited:
Biggest mistake I ever made was buying an Lotus Europa (or whatever the name is of the one mid-engined car from the 80s or something). Lightweight, uncontrollable and a b:censored:h to drive fast.

Worst mistake ever...
When i first got the game, I had a subaru impreza wrx sti '99... I had tuned it to about 425hp for rally racing, and road racing... I wanted more money, so I tried to copy my current garage over to another memory card so I could sell all cars, max out my subie, and buy it fully tuned at stock price:idea:... when I did this the game devoured all my cars except the one i was in:confused:... the freakin' '99 Impreza...!!!....:grumpy:
Worst mistake ever in GT4

Back