What's the biggest mistake you did in GT4

• Thread starter Fyshokid
  • 266 comments
Spending 2 hours solid struggling with the muscle cars mission at Seattle (is it mission 14?). Desperately trying to pass the 2nd place car before the end of the lap...THE 2ND LAP! How many times did I exit and retry, forgetting I had a 3rd lap to pass that damn car. Wasn't till I finally passed it and crossed the finish line in 1st, then thought, ""Why did it not just say FINISH?". How stupid is that?

:lol: Bet you were thinking "this mission is bloody impossible!"

Guess you understood, but I meant to say I was trying to pass the lead car, not 2nd place car...

Yeah, I thought I'd never do it. But the really stupid thing is I thought it must be possible, cos I didn't realise what I was doing wrong till I actually got 1st place before the end of the 2nd lap. THEN I realised I had another lap.

I'm having enough trouble with these missions (and the bloody rallys) without making life even harder for myself. What a numpty.

•GT 4Ever•;2645773
I'm happy with my new Castrol F1. :)

That White, Red, and Green one? That is like impossible to win. GAH! I did the 24Hour Nurby thingy like 7 more times the past few weeks on my friends GT4, and the colors I won are Green-Yellow, Red again, White-Purple, White-Blue, Gray-Black, and two others that I sold and can't remember the colors. I want that color combo so bad... :indiff: I still haven't won the orange one. :banghead:

I once lost my temper and wielded the controller on the floor splitting it in half!

TuneRVisioN - I ran Nurb 24h once and won it! ;)
PeterJB - I still can't imagine myself throwing DFP after losing 24h enduro by 0,001s :DDD

Wow you guys are lucky... Why is orange so hard to win for me? :odd: Orange is my favorite color and I can never get a car like that... Like with the Clio race car in orange, with my favorite number on it, 22. WHY?!?!!? I bet no one won the Clio race car in orange... I'm unlucky. :(

It's all cool. 👍

Now for my mistake... My old fat PS2 wouldn't read my GT3 CD, even though it wasn't scratched. I took the PS2 and put some beer inside of it, since we didn't have any alcohol. Now it doesn't even attempt reading, good thing my slimline is STILL in great condition. :)

It's all cool. 👍

Now for my mistake... My old fat PS2 wouldn't read my GT3 CD, even though it wasn't scratched. I took the PS2 and put some beer inside of it, since we didn't have any alcohol. Now it doesn't even attempt reading, good thing my slimline is STILL in great condition. :)

LOL! I use peroxide. :)

In my new save. Buying the BMW M5 for showroom price when I could've bought it 15,000 Cr. cheaper from my older 100% save...

big mistakes; sooo many :dunce:
1:leaving mi ps2 when mi little sister was around (corrupted save)
2:spending 4.5 million on a bently 8 speed and then won it next race :ouch:
and my biggest
3:selling the "black cars" :nervous: thinking they were the original crappy ones

My biggest mistake? I got a good one.

I was I think about 70% completed, and I had about six million bucks in the bank. I had just discovered that how I unlock cars in arcade mode was to either buy them or win them from races. So, I went into arcade mode, memorized all the cars they had, then went into sim mode and bought the ones that were missing, both new and used. Well, by the time I was done, I had depleted most of my cash reserves, so I had to redo the 24 hour LeMans race in order to get it back to its normal level again.

my biggest mistake was with 28 minutes left in the cucuit la sarthe II 24 hour race. i was in the black nissan r390. i had about a 6 second lead on the minolta toyota. paused the game and layed my controller on the bed to go down stairs and get a pepsi. came back and the controller had fallen off the back and came unpaused :banghead:. i was so mad.

Simple, I let Bob drive :scared: [/sarcasm]

But besides letting Bob drive, the worst mistake in GT4 i've made was continuing to drive on old tires during a endurance race that were orange, figuring i could make it a few more laps with back-up drift techniques to gain some distance on the competition while they pitted, and lets just say they gained on me :indiff:

my worst was i had this 385 HP Amuse S2000 R1. I did the 4 hour endurance at Nurbergring, got 7'12 as my best time. Shorlty after, i came to this site, and i was looking around, and i saw the setups, tried them, disliked it. Sooo, i headed back to change my settings back, and i frgt my old setting!!!!

i nvr figured it out since...

my memory card broke when i was almost half way finished, i just remember that i was raceing the f1 car, then like it was steped on...found it in pieces.

BUT, im almost 50% finished now.

biggest mistake. IMO, was using walkthrough guides telling me to to the capri and selling the rsc rally to make quick money, in turn making it possible to trick out ever car i buy so i cant loose a race. also using b-spec bob for a lot of races. kinda took the fun out of it.

i am now redoing (with the 100% saved on another card) with no helps this time, and almost all a-spec. the only help i am using is a check list to cross off races i have done. so far all missions done, all special cond's done and all gold b-1a license's and approx 30% through, without buying a car or spending to much on upgrades. (no oil changes, no turbo's and no weight reduction's nothing[except for the corvette convertible to do the beginner spider/roadster, because it cant catch anything]) the only major purchase was tyres (dirt & snow) for the rallies. {i may need to use bob for the enduro's because of time restrictions though.}

this makes a much more interesting game.

when you sell all the cars that you can't use in simulation mode and buy them back from an other game save like i did .
Verry big mistake and stupid.:(

got bored of the game so i used gameshark to get alot of money..i hate it..wanna start a new one but im at like 60% so i just buy cars and screw around no

Back