What's the biggest mistake you did in GT4

• Thread starter Fyshokid
  • 266 comments
Selling the Chapparal 2J.

Why? It's only 1.2 mil for a new one. Not like a license or driving mission prize car, which once sold cannot be replaced*.

*well yes it can, but you can't win a new one.

Selling all my cars to buy a Cerbera Speed 12 >.>

You could have just won the Cerbera speed 12 in the TVR one-make race.
If you did make that mistake then I suggest using your only car to do the capri rally easy over and over again until you can get a decent German touring car. Then use that car to b-spec the DTM over and over again until you can buy any car you want.

But honestly if I remember correctly then the speed 12 is just about $800,000 which means you shouldn't have to sell all of your cars.

The biggest mistake I made wasn't actually my mistake, it was natures. Storm came through, power went out while saving, corrupted my save. I was just getting to the last few endurance races, had a ridiculous amount of cash, and a huge car collection. I had never been so upset over a game in my life lol

I have 5 million and about 70 cars. Am I a noob? :D

If you're trying to be a collector, you're just starting out. If you play to drive, you could have 20 cars and 5,000 Cr and be a pro :D

I had about 300 cars and 8 million Cr (just spent almost all of it, I had about 20 mil just a day or two before) and was just getting started on collecting, then my save data went bad. After that I just raced, so I didn't have anywhere near that amount, but I had one car for each class in the game. right now I've got 210 cars and 3.8 mil Cr in GT5 and I'm just getting into collecting and fine tuning my favorite rides for drifting, track, etc.

Keep in mind this is pretty much the only game I play, ever :) and even after that probably 85% of the GTP community could kick my butt.

PTL5spd
The biggest mistake I made wasn't actually my mistake, it was natures. Storm came through, power went out while saving, corrupted my save. I was just getting to the last few endurance races, had a ridiculous amount of cash, and a huge car collection. I had never been so upset over a game in my life lol

That almost happened to me. I was grinding for money in the Costa di Amafli race, and lightning from a storm knocked the power out. Had to start the race over, but it least it wasn't saving.

GT4 gives you access to a hundred or so (I forget the exact number) cars in arcade mode at the beginning of the game. After that the only way to have a car available in arcade mode is to buy it from a dealer (new, used or tuner) or win it as a prize car in GT mode. Completion percentage makes no difference in this at all.

GT4 gives you access to a hundred or so (I forget the exact number) cars in arcade mode at the beginning of the game. After that the only way to have a car available in arcade mode is to buy it from a dealer (new, used or tuner) or win it as a prize car in GT mode. Completion percentage makes no difference in this at all.

Its 240, I made the Arcade Mode Start Car List to help me choose cars for the GT4 TT comp in running atm.

As for the thread, probably selling the Pontiac Sunfire in my original game save (an uninspiring FWD, but it was a prize car), which can't be re-obtained I was to later discover. That's annoying if you want to collect a full garage.

Last edited:
Its 240, I made the Arcade Mode Start Car List to help me choose cars for the GT4 TT comp in running atm.

Ah, thanks for that info.

It's probably worth mentioning that if you have access to a memory card savegame that has a car you don't have (or no longer have) you can acquire it by means of the "Trade" option on the homescreen. If you acquire a car that way that you had never won/bought from a dealer, though, you won't be able to use it in arcade mode.

Other than buying & becoming addicted to it??? ...O.G.
old.gif

Ah, thanks for that info.

It's probably worth mentioning that if you have access to a memory card savegame that has a car you don't have (or no longer have) you can acquire it by means of the "Trade" option on the homescreen. If you acquire a car that way that you had never won/bought from a dealer, though, you won't be able to use it in arcade mode.

Yeah I've since learned about the trade option (not that I've needed it), didn't know about that second part though.

Yeah I've since learned about the trade option (not that I've needed it), didn't know about that second part though.

It's useful when you want to duplicate an otherwise irreplaceable car. For instance if you wanted to perform weight reduction on your Sunfire, but still wanted to have an unmodified version. Or if a car has enough miles on it to suffer permanent horsepower loss.

Buying and fully tuning a Zonda C12S 7.3... 900+BHP and no downforce + disaster. :lol:

Buying and fully tuning a Zonda C12S 7.3... 900+BHP and no downforce + disaster. :lol:

Don't worry, you just have to add a huge bench to your car and the problem will hopefully be solved just by doing that.

I have win 6 of formula gt. So i have sell 5 of them to buy new cars. Actualy next day i found that i have sell all 6:/

At mission 34 at last corrner i ha e hit 300 SL:/

Fixed My Ps2 YAY, Ok New Gamesave on Gt4 Buy MR2 Like Always, Then I turn Off All The AIDS except ABS. then I relized how the Physics Are Different From Gt5 And I Go In A big Drift On Twin Motegi, And Go in the Dirt Pit and I Lost :ouch::yuck:ok

Fixed My Ps2 YAY, Ok New Gamesave on Gt4 Buy MR2 Like Always, Then I turn Off All The AIDS except ABS. then I relized how the Physics Are Different From Gt5 And I Go In A big Drift On Twin Motegi, And Go in the Dirt Pit and I Lost :ouch::yuck:ok

Well the last time I checked, when you play GT4, you are forced to play with ABS. And I have to agree with you that when I first started to play GT4 again, I realized that the physics are quite different to GT5, especially the tarmac drifting physics. And if I'm completely honest, it's almost impossible to drift in GT4 anyway, since the cars understeer so badly and it's not possible to do doughnuts.

And I know it's posted in the wrong thread, but you know you've already played GT5 too much when you play previous Gran Turismo games and you wonder "PD should release an update to fix a bug on this game." Happened to me today, I wanted the understeer bug to be fixed so bad :nervous: .

Well the last time I checked, when you play GT4, you are forced to play with ABS. And I have to agree with you that when I first started to play GT4 again, I realized that the physics are quite different to GT5, especially the tarmac drifting physics. And if I'm completely honest, it's almost impossible to drift in GT4 anyway, since the cars understeer so badly and it's not possible to do doughnuts.

And I know it's posted in the wrong thread, but you know you've already played GT5 too much when you play previous Gran Turismo games and you wonder "PD should release an update to fix a bug on this game." Happened to me today, I wanted the understeer bug to be fixed so bad :nervous: .

I Agree:nervous::nervous:

But i Must Admit The Spoon S2000 Is Epic in GT4 my All Time Favorite

Last edited:
Starting a GTWC race @ El Capitan on R3s. Half-way through the race, my car (Pescarolo/Judd C60) was completely undrivable, oversteering like a 🤬. Needless to say I came last. Now, when re-running GTWC, I never forget to put R1s on before starting the race.

Back