What's the funniest thing you've heard said about Driveclub?

• Thread starter jp_footy
  • 20 comments
I've seen so much ridiculous stuff said about DC in the past year, most of it on FaceBook. The funniest though I think came from that recent rant on this forum that ended in: "...you gotta pay an extra $22 to buy [the cars] and in my opinion you shouldn't have to buy the car part of Driveclub as it should come with Motorcycles."

That it's impossible to move the camera freely in photo mode. This came from my best friend, who, despite being a great guy, is tragically stubborn sometimes.

Hmmm,you see so much BS posted,from 'every car handles the same' to 'it's like driving on ice,i just hit the walls on every corner'.But the one that made me laugh was a guy complaining that they'd designed it with corners that he had to slow down for.

I remember someone on here describe the handling as "cars handle like toasters with rubber feet" or something like that. Like he's somehow driven toasters with rubber feet...

@Mike_grpA - These guys know what that's like!

2.jpg

tumblr_inline_nhcotxyteR1savkud.jpg

tumblr_inline_nhcoqn1hup1savkud.jpg

;)

I've heard some say "Driveclub lacks customization, it needs more customization to be fun!!" or something related to that. :lol:

To be honest, i kinda agree with this (Not agreeing on that it's the funniest thing i've heard), whilst everyone has their own opinions towards what should or should not be in the game. I think more customization options should be implemented. So far in terms of customization we only get to choose our liveries and Club Badge/Club Liveries too. There's not much when it comes down to the fact that the game essentially is about grinding levels now. Whether it be Car Levels, your Solo or Club Levels too.

To be honest, i kinda agree with this (Not agreeing on that it's the funniest thing i've heard), whilst everyone has their own opinions towards what should or should not be in the game. I think more customization options should be implemented. So far in terms of customization we only get to choose our liveries and Club Badge/Club Liveries too. There's not much when it comes down to the fact that the game essentially is about grinding levels now. Whether it be Car Levels, your Solo or Club Levels too.

To be fair, the only time I ever did grind in DC was to max out the Ferrari accolade to get the LaFerrari (I think it was LaFerrari), and I could have gotten that without grinding, I just didn't want to spend money on something I could get for free.

I don't think DC needs "customisation" at all personally. I think too many people expect it to be like NFS or GT and allow us to hot up cars and put bodykits on them, but I just don't think that's what DC is, or should be, about. GT's customisation is all about buying gutless little rot boxes and spending a couple hundred grand on them to turn them into fire breathing monsters, and NFS' customisation is all about ruining perfectly nice looking cars with ridiculous boy racer bodykits and neons, basically a ricer simulator lol. Driveclub is all about driving beautiful, and often exotic cars, in picturesque scenery, sometimes with friends, and just enjoying the driving. It has the best and most natural looking graphics, and the best arcade physics by far, and a great community and online structure, to make it it's own game, instead of being another clone of another racing game.

...GT's customisation is all about buying gutless little rot boxes and spending a couple hundred grand on them to turn them into fire breathing monsters, and NFS' customisation is all about ruining perfectly nice looking cars with ridiculous boy racer bodykits and neons...
That is a succinct and great summation - it also cheered me up on a gloomy day :)

From a recent FB comment some idiot wanted the ridiculous catch-up mechanic on MP lobbies to be nerfed...I think that qualifies as my favourite, most recent stupid thing I've heard about DC.

Once Bikes was announced, I saw that some people on YT were joking about other types of vehicles would come to Driveclub. I was going to chime in with the jokes and say Driveclub Sled Dogs. :lol:

Back