What's the hardest event in GT history?

• Thread starter SCER
  • 431 comments

Which is hardest?

• Total voters
I voted M34 but only cos I threw GT5 in the trash after waiting so long for it to load a race. So yeh I completed first 4 then skipped to 6, so never had to suffer this Vettel challenge thing. Happy not to by what Ive heard!

If the seasonals count, its the TT at Nurburgring that gave us the Tomahawks. I was unable to stay on course to even get bronze. It also gave me some corrupt data that killed my fat PS3.

Other than that I voted for the Vettel Suzuka challenge. I find it strange the GT4 Formula world challenge on the list. I spent more than a few 8 hour days running that one and loved it. 👍

I'm currenly stuck at the All Stars Championship in iB Licence events in GT6. I lost control of the car on almost every single corner @ High Speed Ring yesterday's night on my 1st try at the event. Is there something wrong with the racing tires in GT6 or are they as bad as I felt them to be?

I'm currenly stuck at the All Stars Championship in iB Licence events in GT6. I lost control of the car on almost every single corner @ High Speed Ring yesterday's night on my 1st try at the event. Is there something wrong with the racing tires in GT6 or are they as bad as I felt them to be?

What are you running for the event, specs and so on?

What are you running for the event, specs and so on?

I'm trying to win it with a '02 Dodge Viper GTS with all mods (including hard racing tires). Only things I'm missing are: Weight Reduction Upgrades 2 & 3, Supercharger and Engine Upgrades 2 & 3.

Also, I haven't refined the Suspension & the Gearbox settings, only thing I've done was set a top speed of 340kmh.

Brake Balance is 6 front, 6 back, and that's about it.

I'm trying to win it with a '02 Dodge Viper GTS with all mods (including hard racing tires). Only things I'm missing are: Weight Reduction Upgrades 2 & 3, Supercharger and Engine Upgrades 2 & 3.

Also, I haven't refined the Suspension & the Gearbox settings, only thing I've done was set a top speed of 340kmh.

Brake Balance is 6 front, 6 back, and that's about it.

Alright, and when you say you lose control it’s the back of the car stepping out at high speeds correct?

If so, I’d would soften the suspension up a bit, including the anti roll bars.

I’d also look at the differential as well for the lower speed turns by running lower numbers, I run a 10,20,10 on my rear drive cars.

I assume you’re not running a rear wing or (because you have the premium Viper) a flat floor?

I can barely remember what I had for breakfast , how the hell am I supposed to remember a licence test 20 years ago ?

I do remember the RUF complex string challenge though

Alright, and when you say you lose control it’s the back of the car stepping out at high speeds correct?

If so, I’d would soften the suspension up a bit, including the anti roll bars.

I’d also look at the differential as well for the lower speed turns by running lower numbers, I run a 10,20,10 on my rear drive cars.

I assume you’re not running a rear wing or (because you have the premium Viper) a flat floor?

1. Yes. On every single corner. :nervous:
  2. Ok, I'll try it :)
  3. Haven't touched the differential, so I'll also try it ;)
  4. Nope, I have no aero upgrades and no wing. Should I install some?
Also, should I keep those specs for the rest of the series?

Thanks a lot man :) !

How is the Vettel one in the lead? LOL. I know why, people that voted for that didn't play GT4. There's a couple events missing, imo:

GT1 - License Test A-4
GT3 - License Test A-7

Jerome

1. Yes. On every single corner. :nervous:
  2. Ok, I'll try it :)
  3. Haven't touched the differential, so I'll also try it ;)
  4. Nope, I have no aero upgrades and no wing. Should I install some?
Also, should I keep those specs for the rest of the series?

Thanks a lot man :) !

No problem. 👍

It’s just a basic setup to help settle the car a little, but a quick thing to note about about the flat floor, it does add quite a bit of pp to the car so take that in to consideration when tuning and your top speed will be lower as well.

As for the rest of the series, if it’s more manageable for you after tuning, I’d leave it as it is.

Of course after it’s all done you can experiment with some minor tweaks to refine it to your driving style. 👍

The vettel in suzuka in gt5 was hardest, i still have that replay saved when i beat the time by 000.86
It took me about 4 or 5 hours and some grey hair but i pulled it trough, i mean to get gold not bronze.

Everything else in GT games was easy compared to this

The vettel in suzuka in gt5 was hardest, i still have that replay saved when i beat the time by 000.86
It took me about 4 or 5 hours and some grey hair but i pulled it trough, i mean to get gold not bronze.

Everything else in GT games was easy compared to this
Agreed, Mission 34 in GT4 took me a loooong time but I did it and I wasn't even that good back then, the Vettel X Challenge in Suzuka I can barely bronze (with DS3).

ATM I'm playing GT1 and A-3 and 4 licenses are pretty tricky. A-3 because the RX-7 has no traction and keeps spinning under braking on the last turn, and A-4 because of the last corner up to the tunnel (gotta beat 39 sec, last try was a 39.049...:grumpy:)

Mission 34 I couldn't beat legitimately without ramming the lead car in the final few corners, so it'd have to be that. That said, it was really annoying to wait however many seconds before every attempt so that made it very cheap and unfair, so maybe I just didn't have the patience to deal with it. Meanwhile, the Vettel challenge was very difficult but you could always just redo it so it was very achievable. Starting from the pits was odd though.

I voted Speedster Trophy in GT4 which I've recently replayed (a few days ago). Utterly infuriating.

Vettel challenge got after only a few tries. The M34 from GT4 tho was a doozie. You had to learn where to pass clean no losing momentum over an 8min plus lap that took a long time to restart waiting for the rest of the pack to go one at a time. Took long to learn the event let alone take the gold.

Vettle was tough but nothing by comparison. Im guessing its just less voting were playing GT back then. The X cars have so much grip it just takes a little bit of learning just how deep you can get into a corner before braking while going stupid fast

It really depends on what you considered a success in GT5's Vettel X challenge. If you were just shooting for Bronze times it wasn't hard at all, and several entries on the voting ballot were tougher. However if you wanted Gold, the level of skill and nerve required at Suzuka was far greater than anything else, dwarfing even mission 34. To this day, it remains the only challenge in a main-line Gran Turismo game that I haven't gotten Gold in. Not for a lack of skill; I did gold Nurburgring and Monza.

It really depends on what you considered a success in GT5's Vettel X challenge. If you were just shooting for Bronze times it wasn't hard at all, and several entries on the voting ballot were tougher. However if you wanted Gold, the level of skill and nerve required at Suzuka was far greater than anything else, dwarfing even mission 34. To this day, it remains the only challenge in a main-line Gran Turismo game that I haven't gotten Gold in. Not for a lack of skill; I did gold Nurburgring and Monza.
This. Bronze wasn't horribly difficult for me as far as the Vettel Challenge went. It was still tough, though. And while I feel like I'm a decent driver, gold was nowhere on my radar. My vote is Mission 34 if any medal is considered successful. Vettel challenge if gold is the measure.

I find the Vettle events harder with a wheel, not to mention have to practically kill the wheel to get it done.

Controller was easier.

Little trick. Controller with sensitivity set to 7... Anything lower and the delayed responce from input to car movement make the X car almost undriveable, well twitchy as a motha. At 7 the car is VERY driveable, the event much easier, heck it makes the Hypercars much more enjoyable, especially the Tomahawks

I actually love the X cars and HyperCars

Last edited:
Revisiting the Suzuka Vettle challenge to see if I'm missing something...

Cut my record down by a few seconds on 3rd attempt....

20181217_040343_HDR.jpg

Trust me its not as hard as it seems.

Controller With ABS 1 and TCS adjusted to 3. I also switched to automatic gear box. IMPORTANT adjust controller sensitivity setting to 7. When at 7 its one to one no delay. If lower than 7 most notably on the Hyper cars there is a responce delay to inputs that make that Hupercars twitchy almost undriveable.

You can pass Vettle just after turn one lap one or shortly after, once in front the pressure is on but IMHO its easier in front cuz dont have to worry about him braking early.

If you ain't got the gold yet, go get it cuz its not that hard.

View attachment 787236

Controller With ABS 1 and TCS adjusted to 3. I also switched to automatic gear box. IMPORTANT adjust controller sensitivity setting to 7. When at 7 its one to one no delay. If lower than 7 most notably on the Hyper cars there is a responce delay to inputs that make that Hupercars twitchy almost undriveable.

You can pass Vettle just after turn one lap one or shortly after, once in front the pressure is on but IMHO its easier in front cuz dont have to worry about him braking early.

This event had been patched so as to be less hard

Lol well pre patch I was 2:29.XXX

Post patch 2:25.XXX

Really tho it don't seem any easier its always seemed a bit easy, well not easy but not hard if you know what I mean. This now the 3rd time I've beat it (3rd session) First time on first game save years ago, 2nd & 3rd on Current save game.

I wonder what they changed if anything.

Might as well show my run.

Get past Vettle just after turn one lap one

So what was patched and when? Time to beat got higher? Car got easier to drive? Removed penalties?

Last edited:

View attachment 787236

Try this one instead

Back