Whats your expectation on GT Sport

What's your level of expectation on GT Sport?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I upped my vote to a tentative 9 based on John Sabol's recent impressions.

I know it is capable of a 10 but there is too many unknowns and uncertainties, I only upped it to a 9 because I'm feeling very positive after recent information and so far so good. I'm still crossing my fingers but I don't think I have ever been this excited over a game release especially this far out.

I voted for 9. Gfx, gameplay wise I am sure it will be great. Tracks are plenty, cars also should be ok. Lots of people somehow I think this is online game but I am going to spend more time in offline. I might get into online racing if people race fair and are doing similar times like me. Most time some are too fast and some are slower and the lag does not make it fun either.
You know there is matchmaking in the sanctioned FIA events right? Theoretically you will be placed with drivers of similar skill and levels of etiquette.

Last edited:
I base my expectations on handling, visuals, and sound. I believe this will be a great racing game, but I feel the game will still fall short in the "sound" department. I just don't understand why PD can't seem to make great audio. I hope that somehow between now and November they figure it out - but I doubt it.
Having said that, I'm still looking forward to this on-line racer!

My expectation on GTS is that it will be a utter disaster and fail and PD will move back to the GT5/6 formula but with a career more similar to GT3/4...

Right now GTS looks to me really subpar and if i had a PS4 i would like better PCars (career mode) or AC (sound and physics) oreven The Crew (free roaming)... Right now GTS fails to be the killer application to buy a PS4 and upgrade My wheel to a G29/T300...

My expectation is far below 6....

I was a fan of the single player huge career mode..
I was fan of the single player endurance races...

That's all gone for a 99'9% online game...the offline "campaign" mode is just a "driving school".. If GT mode from GT6 was very bad in my opinion... This one in GTS sucks..

Vision GT...why...? I hate them.. And anyway..wasn't that an exclusive for the 15th anniversary of GT in GT6???
Why putting unreal cars in real category's like LMP1???just no sense..

FIA Championships... Yeah...i dont want to depend on a "calendar" that says me when and day i have to race..

No dinamic day-night cycle.. No dinamic climate..

Only 137 cars...And not even all real cars..(vision GT and PD's race cars)

Nope...Don't like at all the new "view" from Kazunori..

I realy think that this game will be the first GT game i don't gonna buy..

For the same amount of tracks(laser scanned) and a similar number of cars (all real ones) like GTS, plus single player career mode, and lower price I'll go for assetto corsa this summer..and they got Porsche incoming :drool:

My expectations are very low. Based on experience with previous GT games I expect the sounds to be below par, but the visuals to be good.

The lack of Historic and classic car content kills the game for me - I will probably skip it and get Asetto Corsa and pray that GT7 comes along quickly with a full car list, career mode, course creator and all the content and features missing from GTS.

I don't like the Vision GT cars and with such a sparse car list it seems a shame to clutter it with these imaginery cars.

I have zero confidence in the ability of the game to get people to race fairly and award penalties to the guilty party. On the few occasions when I venture into "Quick Match" it appears to be a death and destruction derby with innocent players awarded ramming penalties and the guilty getting off scot free.

I think the game will have an ultra niche appeal - only holding the interest of the world's fastest players. I expect the novelty to wear off very quickly for anyone who is not an elite racer. I am only of average ability and just cannot see how the game could appeal to a person like me - so far it doesn't tick any boxes apart from the livery editor, but there is no point in one of those if there aren't any cars you care enough about to want to change the livery on.

I hope I am wrong, but I will definitely not be pre-ordering this game. I will rely on a few online friends to give me their honest opinion and if they are still raving about it after a month or so then I will consider getting a copy, but by then I will probably be having too much fun pretending I'm Stirling Moss racing the Maserati 250F in Asetto Corsa.

Still no option for scores of 1 to 5 I see, and no. 6 and below isn't it.

Let's be honest, in modern video game reviews anything that gets 6 or less is basically "DO NOT BUY". The only difference is whether it's just bad, a complete joke, or Big Rigs: Over The Road Racing. The difference between a 6 and a 2 is marginal, no one should be buying either one.

6 is awful, 7 is fine if you like the genre, 8 is pretty good, 9 is incredible and 10 is game of the year. It's stupid, but that's the scoring that most sites have been using for a long time now.

GTS is almost certainly not going to actually be bad enough to warrant anything less than a 6. Why give people the option to troll the poll with worthless information?

I only score games out if 5.

1. Rubbish
2. Below average. Add 1 point if it's your favourite franchise.
3. Average. Nothing wrong but nothing great either. Again add 1 if you are invested.
4. Good. Definite buy if you like the genra.
5. Great. Not without fault but doesn't take away from the overall quality.

So far I will rate it with 7, but I'm sure the upcoming November will do whatever it takes to decrease the value by unit or two.

I really hope I'm wrong though.

I'd give the game a solid 8 at the moment.

The lack of cars variety it's something I can't let pass, around 20 tracks sounds ok. I think the problem will be with the reviewers, most of them could be expect something more like prior GT games or Forza ones, so I think thee-sports focus that PD it is giving to the game is not going to bring big selling numbers nor higher reviews

I am going to wait a bit before I buy in I think. As others have stated, I have a thing for all racing games. I just recently joined the Xbone owners club so I don't know if I have room for 2 current gen consoles just yet.

I will give the game a 7 right now, looks good but lacks so much familiar content .

I honestly have only ONE expectation.

All cars in each class perform the same and are BOP'd so no certain manufacturer an advantage or disadvantage.

From the buzz, it seems like you choose a manufacturer to support and you can only use those cars? Let me change my amount of expextations to TWO. I expect them to let me drive whatever car I want. Regardless of manufacturer.

I expect the game to be good, but I also expect the community to be as acidic as it has been these last few years regardless of how good it actually is. That's why I'll probably be semi-retiring from GTP circa GTS's release.

All cars in each class perform the same and are BOP'd so no certain manufacturer an advantage or disadvantage.

From the buzz, it seems like you choose a manufacturer to support and you can only use those cars? Let me change my amount of expextations to TWO. I expect them to let me drive whatever car I want. Regardless of manufacturer.
The only way to have all cars BoP'd exactly the same is to copy/paste the specs of a single car onto all cars. Even in real life BoP series cars are never truly equal on all tracks, they each have their strengths and weaknesses. I really don't want to see a copy/paste situation but it remains to be seen if they go that route or if they try and level out slight advantages cars might have with power, weight distribution, torque curves etc. Ideally I'd like some cars to have a little advantage on the power tracks like Monza and other cars to have a small advantage on the more technical courses like Brands Hatch. Can this be done effectively? We'll have to wait and see;)

I think most of that will only be in reference to the 2 official FIA championships.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Nations Cup is stock BoP'd cars and random selection.
Perhaps not, but a possibility.
Manufacturers Cup obviously you chose your brand.
Whether you are locked in, or can make a change and start again is questionable.
But that clearly won't stop you driving different brands in other parts of the game.

I expect it to be complete trash. Where do I put my vote?
Where should you put your vote, you say? Riiiiight here:
maxresdefault.jpg

I voted a 6, If I could've I'd have voted a 3 or a 4. Since the car list has being severely reduced & from it looking like no tuning of cars & Offline mode seems very limited. I somehow think this game will be a flop to the old school Gran Turismo players like me.

I expect the game to be good, but I also expect the community to be as acidic as it has been these last few years regardless of how good it actually is. That's why I'll probably be semi-retiring from GTP circa GTS's release.
Isn't every community acidic!?

Saw the poll voting option "10-Best Racing Game Ever"... Sorry, that spot is already taken by Gran Turismo 4...So, I'm just hoping for a 7 or 8 while I wait and see...

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd say between 7 and 8 for me, I'm sure their core competencies like car modelling, handling and graphics will shine as they always have, but everything else I've seen of this game so far seems kinda subpar or mediocre. The car list is laughable even compared to small titles like PCars and Assetto, nevermind a behemoth like FM6, the track list doesn't look too hot so far and seeing how they ripped off Bristol without getting a proper license doesn't give me much hope, sounds are still bad, dynamic ToD/Weather are removed, no tuning/upgrades, no career, etc. It just feels like a demo rather than a full fat GT title, and seeing how this took 3 years to make, I don't expect GT7 to pop up until 2019/2020 at the earliest.

...I'm expecting GT:S to be financially successful, when trading on the recognizable GT brand. Also, I can see several PSVR and PS4 console bundles popping out during the holiday seasons which will no doubt help the overall sales number.

As for the quality of the game, well....

Graphics look great no doubt, but as for the gameplay, I'll have to wait and see.

Will it sell 10+ mil copies? No, it won't. But will it sell higher than, say, PCars and Assetto Corsa combined on PS4? Likely.

There you go, that's my expectations. Not gonna put a number on it since y'know, I haven't got to play it yet....

Will it sell 10+ mil copies? No, it won't. But will it sell higher than, say, PCars and Assetto Corsa combined on PS4? Likely.

Almost certain I would say given the strength of the GT brand name. The only way it wouldn't is if it gets critically slammed by pretty much every outlet at launch, and even then brand loyalty would probably carry it far enough.

My expectation is far below 6....

I was a fan of the single player huge career mode..
I was fan of the single player endurance races...

That's all gone for a 99'9% online game...the offline "campaign" mode is just a "driving school".. If GT mode from GT6 was very bad in my opinion... This one in GTS sucks..

Vision GT...why...? I hate them.. And anyway..wasn't that an exclusive for the 15th anniversary of GT in GT6???
Why putting unreal cars in real category's like LMP1???just no sense..

FIA Championships... Yeah...i dont want to depend on a "calendar" that says me when and day i have to race..

No dinamic day-night cycle.. No dinamic climate..

Only 137 cars...And not even all real cars..(vision GT and PD's race cars)

Nope...Don't like at all the new "view" from Kazunori..

I realy think that this game will be the first GT game i don't gonna buy..

For the same amount of tracks(laser scanned) and a similar number of cars (all real ones) like GTS, plus single player career mode, and lower price I'll go for assetto corsa this summer..and they got Porsche incoming :drool:

My expectations are very low. Based on experience with previous GT games I expect the sounds to be below par, but the visuals to be good.

The lack of Historic and classic car content kills the game for me - I will probably skip it and get Asetto Corsa and pray that GT7 comes along quickly with a full car list, career mode, course creator and all the content and features missing from GTS.

I don't like the Vision GT cars and with such a sparse car list it seems a shame to clutter it with these imaginery cars.

I have zero confidence in the ability of the game to get people to race fairly and award penalties to the guilty party. On the few occasions when I venture into "Quick Match" it appears to be a death and destruction derby with innocent players awarded ramming penalties and the guilty getting off scot free.

I think the game will have an ultra niche appeal - only holding the interest of the world's fastest players. I expect the novelty to wear off very quickly for anyone who is not an elite racer. I am only of average ability and just cannot see how the game could appeal to a person like me - so far it doesn't tick any boxes apart from the livery editor, but there is no point in one of those if there aren't any cars you care enough about to want to change the livery on.

I hope I am wrong, but I will definitely not be pre-ordering this game. I will rely on a few online friends to give me their honest opinion and if they are still raving about it after a month or so then I will consider getting a copy, but by then I will probably be having too much fun pretending I'm Stirling Moss racing the Maserati 250F in Asetto Corsa.

These two posts pretty well sum up how I feel about it at the moment. I feel far more drawn to the car list in Assetto Corsa, because it's full of cars I want to drive, especially the historic beasts and F1 cars. The cars I've seen in GTS so far are mostly cars you can already drive in pretty much any other sim, and a heap of concept cars, which don't appeal to me at all.

The track list in GTS is also quite slim, and again, despite AC not having many tracks, it manages to have tracks that aren't in every other game, like Mugello, Vallelunga, Zandvoort, or the historic version of Monza (including the 10km layout in future).

So considering by the time GTS is released I'll have Pcars, DC, The Crew, SLRE, Dirt Rally, F1 2016, and AC, I'm just not sure what GTS will have to offer that I can't get in any of those games. I'm also fully expecting Pcars 2 to release within 6 months after GTS, and I'm expecting that to be packed with content that interests me, going off the small amount of info I've been able to come across.

Other than eSports, which don't interest me in the slightest, I don't see anything GTS offers that is good enough for it to compete with the huge amount of racing titles we've been spoiled with this gen.

Back