Whats your expectation on GT Sport

What's your level of expectation on GT Sport?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
For me, Gran Turismo was mostly an offline experience. In GT5 and GT6, I only rarely went online to do racing, mainly to do drag races or if I have a few mates online who want a race. Then again, most of my friends haven't even heard of the game, so they usually crash at my place and race split screen on my tv (and mostly crash in the game too :P)
I've been needing a reason to plug in my PS4 again since I finished Need for Speed and Ratchet and Clank, and this looks like it will be it. Sure it's mainly aimed at online play and FIA rules yadayadayada, but it's something I can deal with. Separating the clean racers from dirty will probably influence me to try online more often so I don't have to watch out for people who are just trying to be 🤬 during races. But there's also a career/single player which I will be sure to play first and probably 70% of the time.
Photomode seems alot better, hopefully the scapes have a wide variety and are beautiful, because I'll be spending a hell of a long time on it too.
Sure there may not be a wide variety of cars from different eras, removing the ~600 standards was what some (if not most) of the people wanted (even if it's just for this game). Despite this, I would've liked a few <1990 cars but again, it's something I can live with.
I'm expecting this game to be a thrill to play, not something I would spend 4-5 years playing, but just a taste of what PD can accomplish on PS4, and what to look forward to in GT7. This may also perhaps be a starting point for me to actually go online and race against other people around the world, which could be a nice change 👍

Forza Motorsport 6 has them same focus of implementing software to separate drivers to divisions of skill, most will tell you that race FM6 the divisions skill system isn't working too well, still plenty of rammers in Enthusiast division, and being promoted to Pro Division is very lofty, with no clear method for advancement. But hopefully you can establish a network of good racers and open your own race room online. You may enjoy GT Sport, I'm sure I will. Because I enjoyed GT6 until P CARS was released which is fantastic to me, and Assetto Corsa and F1 2016 is coming in August, and if you love Autosports you may want to try those Racing titles as well.

And there is no plan for A GT7 as A Separate title. Here is the latest interview with Kazunori Yamauchi stating this:

Forza Motorsport 6 has them same focus of implementing software to separate drivers to divisions of skill, most will tell you that race FM6 the divisions skill system isn't working too well, still plenty of rammers in Enthusiast division, and being promoted to Pro Division is very lofty, with no clear method for advancement. But hopefully you can establish a network of good racers and open your own race room online. You may enjoy GT Sport, I'm sure I will. Because I enjoyed GT6 until P CARS was released which is fantastic to me, and Assetto Corsa and F1 2016 is coming in August, and if you love Autosports you may want to try those Racing titles as well.

And there is no plan for A GT7 as A Separate title. Here is the latest interview with Kazunori Yamauchi stating this:

Good points mate.

It's a game focused around a niche of the Motorsports market that the main creator wants to pitch as a full Gran Turismo title, with as much content as a GT Prologue+, with that content actually being from a previous game which uses fictional cars to even make up a lack of content then.

All this years after the fan's demands are now practically crystal clear to the developers. This is simply not good enough, and doesn't even deserve a rating with all this in mind in my opinion, because it seems to be a massive middle finger to those who have patiently waited throughout the whole GT5/6 generation for a big step up over GT4.

As something alone on it's own, I'd think around a 6. Alot of other racing games have well caught up and gone beyond what is now proposed to be released as title. But I feel a truthful rating is with the whole series in mind.

On another more simple note, at alot of occasions the graphics look like they've slapped ENB on GT6, more often than not.

I just want a good game. They've done it the past 6 games imo.

Yeah bro me too, I think PD can do it, I think the simulator is going to be A great stand alone title, but the financial success of GT Sport is if GT fans are into real Autosport, GT Sport has plenty of features, Car count is going to higher than Assetto Corsa, and higher than Forza Motorsport 5 when Turn 10 Studios transitioned to the XBOX One, I personally really don't care for GT Vision cars, but I'm sure plenty of DLC content of new cars will be offered, but Kaz probably doesn't know how to address this issue because GT fans are so use to getting free content, but those days are long gone on all platforms and systems, and frankly I would rather pay for DLC's I want rather than have Kaz dictate free GT Vision car content, and I think that might be one of the differences between the real Autosport fan/Sim Racer to the The Non-Real Autosport fan Sim Racer, Real Autosport fans want cars with Historic pedigree, and cars with Street and Track appearances, but the Non-real Autosport fan are more open to something innovative and conceptual, and since GT Sport is going in the direction of E-Sports and FIA affiliation Kaz and Polyphony Digital needs to pump the brake on the GT vision cars, because Real Autosports fans want to drive what we see already on the track. Can you imagine Madden NFL with A mostly unknown Football player roster in it?? It wouldn't fly at all, and that's what Kaz need to focus on with GT Sport going E-Sport.

Yeah bro me too, I think PD can do it, I think the simulator is going to be A great stand alone title, but the financial success of GT Sport is if GT fans are into real Autosport, GT Sport has plenty of features, Car count is going to higher than Assetto Corsa, and higher than Forza Motorsport 5 when Turn 10 Studios transitioned to the XBOX One, I personally really don't care for GT Vision cars, but I'm sure plenty of DLC content of new cars will be offered, but Kaz probably doesn't know how to address this issue because GT fans are so use to getting free content, but those days are long gone on all platforms and systems, and frankly I would rather pay for DLC's I want rather than have Kaz dictate free GT Vision car content, and I think that might be one of the differences between the real Autosport fan/Sim Racer to the The Non-Real Autosport fan Sim Racer, Real Autosport fans want cars with Historic pedigree, and cars with Street and Track appearances, but the Non-real Autosport fan are more open to something innovative and conceptual, and since GT Sport is going in the direction of E-Sports and FIA affiliation Kaz and Polyphony Digital needs to pump the brake on the GT vision cars, because Real Autosports fans want to drive what we see already on the track. Can you imagine Madden NFL with A mostly unknown Football player roster in it?? It wouldn't fly at all, and that's what Kaz need to focus on with GT Sport going E-Sport.
Congratulations on the longest sentence in GTP history:cheers:

Congratulations on the longest sentence in GTP history:cheers:
Yeah I know.:lol: What ever happen with the Canadian Walmart service plan on the Thrustmaster T300 Johnnypenso?

:lol: Yeah, I tried saying it out loud on one breath but passed out halfway through! :sly:
I believe Johnnypenso meant my conservation of periods, because there are plenty of commas in my post, breath on the commas.:D

They were both very good games, please explain.
Over a month later and he still hasn't elaborated... :rolleyes: And the worst part is he probably thinks that hate for hate's sake is "constructive criticism."

Over a month later and he still hasn't elaborated... :rolleyes: And the worst part is he probably thinks that hate for hate's sake is "constructive criticism."

He didn't phrase his post as criticism, it was just his opinion that he is entitled to. If he thinks 5 & 6 were awful and anything would be better, that's his opinion. It's not hate.

He didn't phrase his post as criticism, it was just his opinion that he is entitled to. If he thinks 5 & 6 were awful and anything would be better, that's his opinion. It's not hate.
He is entitled to his opinion, but if I recall, he's tried to pass off blind hate as valid criticism before. May be that I'm misremembering, though.

They were both very good games, please explain.

I'd rather hear @Furinkazen explain how he could call GT5/6 very good games. I could understand good if you like them, but very good? I simply can't see that one at all - especially as I regard them as the two worst games in the franchise. Funny how I can still play GT3/4 today but I can't go back to GT5/6.

I'd rather hear @Furinkazen explain how he could call GT5/6 very good games. I could understand good if you like them, but very good? I simply can't see that one at all - especially as I regard them as the two worst games in the franchise. Funny how I can still play GT3/4 today but I can't go back to GT5/6.

In my opinion, GT5/6 are still very good games, but yeah, they're easily the most disappointing in the series.

I expect it to be good enough to make me want to buy a PS4 just for that one game (like I did for GT3 on PS3), but then I'll explain to my wife that I won it in a raffle :P

Polyphony Digital is already going to have Up it's GT Sport E-Sport Claims, The last interview I saw with Kaz No cash Prizes were promised. Well Forza Motorsport 6 has A E-Sport competition where the Grand prize is A Brand New Ford Focus RS, Smaller prizes includes XBOX One Consoles and XBOX One Elite Controllers. any Many Many DLC's as smaller prizes. So now not only is Turn 10 beating Polyphony Digital in CAR count, but now they are beating them at E Sport too:ouch:!!

Polyphony Digital is already going to have Up it's GT Sport E-Sport Claims, The last interview I saw with Kaz No cash Prizes were promised. Well Forza Motorsport 6 has A E-Sport competition where the Grand prize is A Brand New Ford Focus RS, Smaller prizes includes XBOX One Consoles and XBOX One Elite Controllers. any Many Many DLC's as smaller prizes. So now not only is Turn 10 beating Polyphony Digital in CAR count, but now they are beating them at E Sport too:ouch:!!

And project cars does already 2 years of Esports championships...now They are 2 championships taking place, one from logitech and the other from trusthmaster, in the two you can win wheels and real money prices.

What GT Sport offers is a real "champions cup" in the yearly gala from the FIA. Siting near real championships from the other FIA Championships like F1,WRC,WEC...

Nothing beats the GT Academy in my opinion.
Be a Nissan Race Driver > Win a Car

And by the way remember this?
"Congratulations Marco, enjoy your new Mercedes SLS AMG."
1024_279647_2097700355958_1048850958_2483724_5884009_o.jpg

http://www.emercedesbenz.com/autos/...-competition-presents-winner-with-an-sls-amg/

The way I see it, lots of people will buy it on name alone. However, when some casual or not-so-hardcore players see that there isn't as much to do compared to previous games, they'll probably put GTS back on the shelf and move on, leaving only that niche group of hardcore players to make up online lobbies and/or that FIA championship.

Ignoring that as Johnny says GTA isn't eSports that is ONE prize. What was in it for the rest of the millions? Nothing. What is going to be in it for all but the winner of these FIA events? Nothing. To take off as an eSport you're going to need more than one top prize with no monetary value.

Ignoring that as Johnny says GTA isn't eSports that is ONE prize. What was in it for the rest of the millions? Nothing. What is going to be in it for all but the winner of these FIA events? Nothing. To take off as an eSport you're going to need more than one top prize with no monetary value.
I don't know what Johnny said.
For me personaly GTA is kinda E-Sport.
Only because one guy wins doesen't mean it's not E-Sport

Last edited:
I don't know what Johnny said.
For me personaly GTA is kinda E-Sport.

What you personally believe it to be is irrelevant, it's not an eSport and has never been advertised as such.

Even if it was the point still remains, it offers one prize and so does GTS so far. They need more than that if they want competitive eSports gamers to be interested.

I just hope that visually it is a very big step up from GT6. If it's only a small step up isle be disappointed.

Still buy it though mind !!!

What you personally believe it to be is irrelevant, it's not an eSport and has never been advertised as such.

Even if it was the point still remains, it offers one prize and so does GTS so far. They need more than that if they want competitive eSports gamers to be interested.
Only because there is one price doesen't mean it's not E-Sport
But hey it's irrelevent what i think or believe....

I just hope that visually it is a very big step up from GT6. If it's only a small step up isle be disappointed.

Still buy it though mind !!!
I'm would say yes it will but everyone have a different expectation

Edit:gifs don't work in this thread?

It's not going to look much better than the last game, there won't be that many new cars and certainly a lot will be missing that you'd hope would be in. It'll feel half finished, there'll still be car models from GT3/4 and there'll be a ridiculous amount of updates to fix or add things that should've been done in the original release and have been in other games for years.

So basically, the same impressions GT5 and GT6 gave me.

Nothing beats the GT Academy in my opinion.

And by the way remember this?
"Congratulations Marco, enjoy your new Mercedes SLS AMG."
1024_279647_2097700355958_1048850958_2483724_5884009_o.jpg

http://www.emercedesbenz.com/autos/...-competition-presents-winner-with-an-sls-amg/

Yes that was great back in the day Sim Drivers competing for A seat in GT Academy, Then to go on to be A real driver, But the SLS was for GT Academy which is real Autosport, not E-Sport. That is all in the past now with GT Sport. Kaz said there won't be cash prizes for GT Sport in A interview, if I find it I will add it to this post.

Back