Whats your favorite american race car in the game?

  • Thread starter Thread starter toleman19
  • 127 comments
  • 4,620 views

Which one do you like?

  • Vette C5R

    Votes: 31 30.1%
  • Camaro Racecar

    Votes: 10 9.7%
  • Viper Oreca

    Votes: 35 34.0%
  • Panoz GT-1

    Votes: 4 3.9%
  • GT40 Racecar

    Votes: 23 22.3%

  • Total voters
    103
Originally posted by vinkento
The PITZ is pretty rare, so I got with that.

I think you got the wrong thread...;)
 
You're post-whoring it up a bit aren't you? 31 posts in a single day's membership - 4 of which were duplicates and at least 3 new topics that were unnecessary.

Careful or a mod might get primordial on your ass...
 
You can't categorize the Oreca with the Camaro or the C5R at all. The Viper is a class up on them performance wise. I have not tested the Viper against the GT40 yet, but all the other cars up there will be beat by the Viper in the right hands :D
 
Originally posted by Pulse414
:lol: Thank you Shinez, for being the voice of reason...I hate Camaros! Have any of you Camaro lovers managed gold on license test A-7? I finally did after about 2 hours, by only .021 seconds. It was hell! It really demonstrated the effects of heavy weight, poor chassis balance, and ancient suspension design. BTW the other day I entered the Seattle enduro in a US spec Integra Type R, and stomped the American field (2nd thru 6th: Corvette Z06, Mustang SVT, Viper GTS, Camaro SS, Camaro Z28) by over 13 seconds, despite their love for slamming my little front driver into walls with their massive weight. Score one for the Japanese!
What mods did you do to that Integra btw???
 
Originally posted by Pulse414
Just got back from the Seattle enduro...man am I sick of getting bullied by big muscle cars. I ran my stock Lotus Elise 190, 196hp with T3 fronts/T2 rears. It was tough coming up on the AI in the turns, only to watch them speed away on the straights. I spent most of the race in 4th place, concentrating on the proper line in order to not lose time to the AI. It finally paid off at the end of lap 35 as I passed the Z06, Mustang, and Viper in the pits. I had made my pit stop on lap 20 and still had light green/yellow on all 4 tires. :D Here's how it all ended:

Lotus Elise 190 1:11'19.630
Corvette Z06 +8.577
Mustang SVT +16.421
Viper GTS +20.615
Camaro Z28 +1'18.005
Camaro SS +1 lap :lol:

Keep in mind that these American muscle cars have twice as much power as my Lotus, and couldn't beat it even on a track with long high-speed sections. C'mon, admit it, American cars are weak... :p

You can't compare your times against the AI. That's like saying that since I raced an American car and beat a 3-year-old in a Japanese car that the American car is better. Why don't you try it in a stock Corvette Z06 with the same tires and see if you beat your time.
 
:lol: Injected, I think I'll have to agree with you on the fact that the AI drive like 3-year-olds. The idea of "Emotion AI" is great but man it doesn't work worth a damn! I always do my best to race a clean race, but no matter how much room I give the AI they still crash into me, run me into walls and basically just piss me off. The Seattle enduro is actually one of the absolute worst races in the game for this exact reason. Between track layout and the behavior of the AI, its almost impossible to make a clean pass without being slammed. I've found that unless your car has a lot higher hp than the AI, your best bet is to wait to pass until after the last chicane before the finish line, where the AI brake too heavily and usually lose about a second to a driver taking the proper line. That way you can pass 'em on the front straight, but be careful or they'll drive you into the wall on the 1st corner. Trying to pass these guys in the corners usually results in black-flag action (if this were real racing!). I'll try the race in a stock Z06, but I'm not looking forward to it. :odd:
Oh and Miata13b, that Integra was fully modified and tuned (393 hp). I said "US spec" for 2 reasons: 1. its a heavier car than the Japanese version 2. I wanted to use an "american" import against the american domestics...keep a US theme. I certainly didn't want anyone to think it was stock! 393hp puts me mid-pack hp-wise, so I thought with FWD working against me, and lighter weight and pit strategy working for me, it would be a pretty close race. I was right, but I think now that I know the AI's behavior on the track better, I could post a much better time. A lot of time was lost during that particular race because of a few spins and plenty of wall-smashing caused by the AI.

P.S. Do you really drive a Miata with a 13B turbo motor? Thats gotta be a blast!:cool:
 
Okay, i'll try this again.....sober thsi time..*hic* *hic*

the AC COBRA is the best "American" car because its British...good 'ole blighty...(i'm dead)

TS
 
The Viper is the best . It looks great when drifting around the corners.
:D
 
Focus rally car is awesome (I personally like it better than any of the cars in this poll) but you can barely call it american! Sure Ford is an american company but the good Fords always come from Europe. :bowdown:Focus, Mondeo (Contour), Escort Cosworth, RS200, etc... just a very few of the cars that make me resent living in america!:irked:
 
Im going with the C5R.

In terms of its only close competitor, the viper, its handeling is far above the vipers par. In a real life scenario, or in game the key element is power to the ground without subsiding necessary cornering ability to do so. In nature, the viper is nothing more then a drag race car, whereas upon conception the basic chassis design and weigh distribution of the vette is that of an AutoCross car.

Pulse, I don't know what your so happy about, the AI is terrible in GT3. If it were me driving any of those 'heavy rear wheel drive muscle cars' stock, I would have left you sitting.

Also, I garuntee you in modding that spinly little Japanese car you spent twice as much money as the Z06 Vette costs stock. And Five times more then the Camaro, which given a little tuning is the best american car to buy straight from the dealership.

The cab-forward design projected by Chevrolet, or GM in general is the reason the cars preform so well. Which allows for quicker weight change during corners, and better response time since the weight focus's on the nose but the traction stays in the rear. I don't know how many of you do actual racing in real life, but when it comes to chassis set up, the more weight transfer you have in the corner and the more you can focus it (I.E Cab-Forward) the better your lap times are.

Thats more then likely the reason that Team C5R does very well IRL.

-Sominon.
 
Originally posted by Pulse414
Focus rally car is awesome (I personally like it better than any of the cars in this poll) but you can barely call it american! Sure Ford is an american company but the good Fords always come from Europe. :bowdown:Focus, Mondeo (Contour), Escort Cosworth, RS200, etc... just a very few of the cars that make me resent living in america!:irked:

that is what i said on another post a while back and was shot down for it... it stick by what i said... all the good american cars are sold elsewhere... particularly to europe... oh well just import lol if you can
 
Originally posted by milefile
I have never driven an Esperante but I have noticed that it loses every race I see i in.

kinda off the topic... but so does the vr4 3000gt but its possible to win almost any race in gt3 witht eh 3000gt... just cause the ai looses doesnt mean the car is bad... but yeah i dont particularly care for the esperante
 
I'd actually like to point out that you can't really call the GT40 American either. It's another British product, boys.
 
Well then should the poll be whats your favorite displacement pushrod engine?
 
Probably the C5R or the Team Oreca Viper bot h are really nice to own and to race
 
Since I come from the Viper Racing game world, I would naturally pick the Viper...
 
i have to go with the GT40 ive just always loved this car
 
Originally posted by bengee
kinda off the topic... but so does the vr4 3000gt but its possible to win almost any race in gt3 witht eh 3000gt... just cause the ai looses doesnt mean the car is bad... but yeah i dont particularly care for the esperante

LOL thats funny, I was thinking that I have never driven the Panoz "Supercar", but it always loses so it must not be great, but then again the VR4 can smoke almost any street car in the game with proper mods and what not. I think it just might be the fastest modded street car in the game. Ill have to check on that...
 
Fastest road cars:

1. Toyota GTOne Road Car (1068 HP)
2. Pagani Zonda C12S (1042 HP)
3. Dodge Viper GTS (1026 HP)
4. TVR Speed 12 (1019 HP)
5. RUF RGT (1015 HP)
6. Lotus Esprit V8-SE (1006 HP)
6. Lotus Sport 350 (1006 HP)
8. Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4 Turbo (1002 HP)
8. Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4 (1002 HP)

Credit to Kideng's badass website.
http://www.kidengineer.com/gt3db/carsearch.cfm
 
In my opinion the best overall is the GT-One, thats one great handeling car.
 
Yes but, the point of the story was that decent cars have potential to be excellent cars, so...
 
Back