What's your favorite car and track?

• Thread starter TomBrady
  • 26 comments
United States
Mass UTC-5
HugoStiglitz_420 and GTP_HugoStiglitz
Self explanatory. I'm new to the service so I'm still building up my collection but so far my favorites are Ford GT, and Suzuka

Zandvoort, Mid-Ohio, and Mosport are probably my favorite for racing. Plenty of room for for passing and places for mistakes to be made. Maybe Laguna Seca too. MX5 Cup and Skip Barber are probably my favorites so far but I haven't bought anything higher than that.

Tracks: - Cars:
Watkins Glen - Riley DP
Spa - Corvette C6.R
Road America - Williams FW31
Sebring - HPD ARX-01
Limerock - Mazda MX5
Phillip Island - Radical SR8

In no particular order...

Favorite Oval: Bristol ~ Iowa
Favorite Oval car: SK Mod

Favorite Road Course: Watkins Glen
Favorite Road Car: Star Mazda (current)

Oval - USA International Speedway
Road - Oulton Park

Cars? Haven't driven one I don't like... yet lol.

Zandvoort, Mid-Ohio, and Mosport are probably my favorite for racing. Plenty of room for for passing and places for mistakes to be made. Maybe Laguna Seca too. MX5 Cup and Skip Barber are probably my favorites so far but I haven't bought anything higher than that.

Nice, Zandvoort is amazing.

If I had to pick 3, it would be suzuka, zandvoort, and VIR. VIR is incredible as well, there's so many different layouts and it's such a complex course. I think it's something America can really be proud of, I think VIR easily hangs with the best tracks on earth.

I love windy and complex tracks like these 3. I'm dying for iracing to get nordschliefe or MACAU!! or monaco. I would **** a brick if any of those 3 were scanned for iracing. Actually even if they weren't scanned and just done the old fashioned way I'd be happy. I'd pay $45 for all of the nurburgring layouts together, or $30 for nordschliefe, they should do it

Nordschliefe has always been my favorite track period, and monaco was always my favorite city track up until I raced on Macau in netkar, best city track ever.

^^
Just a shame they already said no to Nurburgring Nordschliefe and Le Mans due to their size.

Though if we pester them enough for Monaco they might do it, lol. Almost forgot about Motegi being in the pipelines, that would be crazy when it's done.

Oval Track: Bristol
Road Track: Suzuka

Oval Car: Truck
Road Car: Riley DP

Looking forward to the most: RUF RT12R and Long Beach or Motegi

We aren't going to get Nurburgring (unless it's the Grand Prix course) unless iRacing breaks their policy of only laser scanned tracks (which they won't). We most likely won't get Monaco because it would probably be too expensive. I'm still holding out hope for Monaco, but I'm not expecting it.

^^
Just a shame they already said no to Nurburgring Nordschliefe and Le Mans due to their size.

Though if we pester them enough for Monaco they might do it, lol. Almost forgot about Motegi being in the pipelines, that would be crazy when it's done.

Yup. Motegi's coming in a week I think. AND WE ARE ALL GETTING THE CTS-V FOR FREE!!!!!

Oval Track: Bristol
Road Track: Suzuka

Oval Car: Truck
Road Car: Riley DP

Looking forward to the most: RUF RT12R and Long Beach or Motegi

We aren't going to get Nurburgring (unless it's the Grand Prix course) unless iRacing breaks their policy of only laser scanned tracks (which they won't). We most likely won't get Monaco because it would probably be too expensive. I'm still holding out hope for Monaco, but I'm not expecting it.

Long beach is coming? That's awesome. I definitely want some city tracks. I've always liked city tracks.

The RUF RT12R is one of those cars I will buy the day it comes out. Same goes for the lotus 49. I was going to get the CTS-V right away too but apparently we're getting it for free, how awesome is that? :-)

Motegi is available right now. CTS-VR is also ready to go now.

Yup. I don't know if I'm gonna get motegi, I got my eye on VIR and Zandvoort but I got the CTS-V for free, just like everyone else. I like it a lot. If I had knew I might have reconsidered buying the mustang over the weekend but that's ok. I should've got the skip or the lotus 79 but oh well. They aren't going anywhere

I got Motegi for free when recharging my account a few days ago. Not sure if that deal still applies.

Last edited:
  • Riley MkXX Daytona Prototype
  • Corvette C6R
  • Ford GT
  • Ford Falcon FG01 V8
  • Cadillac CTS-VR
  • Lotus 79
  • Radical SR8
  • SCCA Spec Racer Ford
  • Ford Mustang FR500S
  • Williams-Toyota FW31
  • Chevrolet Impala

• Mosport
  • Watkins Glen
  • Road America
  • Sebring
  • Brands Hatch
  • Okayama International Circuit
  • Road Atlanta
  • Suzuka Circuit
  • Oulton Park
  • Indianapolis motor speedway
  • Phillip Island Circuit
  • Circuit Park Zandvoort
  • twin ring motegi
  • Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca

I got Motegi for free when recharging my account a few days again. Not sure if that deal still applies.

Really? How many months did you recharge? Was it a promo? Honestly if I saw that I wouldn't have hesitated to cash in on that deal. I hope it's still available

Really? How many months did you recharge? Was it a promo? Honestly if I saw that I wouldn't have hesitated to cash in on that deal. I hope it's still available

I did the 12 month recharge, didn't know about the discount until I did the recharge. I'm not sure they advertised the discount at all. You could go to the recharge page and see if it's still available.

So, I'm in the same boat as TomBrady and I am curious as to which track between Mustang and CTS-VR season 2 series I shouldn't get, Just one, and I already have The Glen and Spa, just one track puts me over my $80 budget credits and discount are accounted for. Or am I going about this the wrong way and I should wait.

Just a reminder, here are the tracks...Mid - Ohio,Mosport, Infineon,Road Atlanta, Road America, VIR, Oulton Park, ZandVoort

So, I'm in the same boat as TomBrady and I am curious as to which track between Mustang and CTS-VR season 2 series I shouldn't get, Just one, and I already have The Glen and Spa, just one track puts me over my $80 budget credits and discount are accounted for. Or am I going about this the wrong way and I should wait.

Just a reminder, here are the tracks...Mid - Ohio,Mosport, Infineon,Road Atlanta, Road America, VIR, Oulton Park, ZandVoort

I was debating that earlier too but the 2 tracks I really wanted didn't match with the series I want to run in the next season after my c license promotion this thursday. I want to run the ford gt/c6r, proto/c6r/GT, mustang, CTS-VR, and riley/mustang series but the few common tracks I'm not as interested in so I went with my favorite, Zandvoort. Almost got VIR, I love that track and it has so many layouts. Zandvoort's cool. The mustang series uses it, formula fun, and some other series I need the car for (lotus 79, skip barber, Indy, radical sr8, star mazda).'

I tend to not take buying stuff from iracing lightly. It's going to get expensive so I just try to make the best choices at the time.

What I used to do was just buy content every 2 weeks or whatever to split it up when I first started (I'd buy 3 things to get 10% off at least). Eventually I ended up with all the road courses (I have everything except VIR which I've never needed). Now that I have everything I need I usually just periodically dump money into iRacing dollars which should work better than my old approach because this way I'll just buy everything together for 20% off. My last major purchase I just acquired a bunch of Ovals

You just gotta stick to purchasing content you think you can reuse. There's a lot of stuff on Oval side that catches my eye but to keep my bill down to just $60 or whatever I stick to just what I need for one event (keep in mind all you need is to run 8 tracks to get official bonus money and in Class D series 4 tracks or more come free leaving only 4 tracks you must buy!). I really like SK Mod so I stick to that. Sure, Trucks and Indy cars and all that look awesome. Sure, I coudl break myself to buy all my Ovals now. But you must also realistically think about the time you have to invest. Plus, the sim rewards dedication to one or two series like no tomorrow. So in the end, you might find all you need is just a little bit of content. Of course I'm in decent shape in my case cause I've been with the sim for a little while now. So I ended up buying some Oval tracks for road events (Grand Am running Indy / Daytona / Phoenix / Iowa, Skippy used to run New Hampshire, etc). So I already have a lot of content already on that side of the sim

Lets see,

Mustang @
Road Atlanta
Oulton Park

Riley DP @
Road America
Daytona Road

C6.R @
Road America
Sebring

V8 @
Phillip Island
Brands Hatch

Silverado @
Pocono
Michigan
Bristol

CTS-V R @
Okayama
Mosport
Might be more tracks, but haven't driven it on anything outside of the series schedule

Also, pretty much like everything on Watkins Glen.

Back