• 317 comments

Which Wheel would you choose?

• Thrustmaster T300RS

Votes: 202 69.9%
  • Logitech G29

Votes: 87 30.1%

• Total voters
Hi guys,
I'd like to know a former G27 owner's opinion - Are the T300RS' default pedals worst, better or same as the G27's?

Edit: Ignore the clutch.
The stock T300RS pedals are worse. Definitely worse than G27. The plastic base is not rigid enough and the brake pedal isn't firm enough to threshold brake comfortably (although it is better than the DFGT pedals). Accelerator is acceptable.

If you still have your G27 pedals, Thrustmaster and Ricmotech both sell cheap converters to run your G27 pedals from the T300 base (works on consoles and PC). If not, then the T3PA pedals are a highly recommended purchase, for example in the T300 Alcantara package (T300 base, 599evo alcantara rim, T3PA pedals).

The stock T300RS pedals are worse. Definitely worse than G27. The plastic base is not rigid enough and the brake pedal isn't firm enough to threshold brake comfortably (although it is better than the DFGT pedals). Accelerator is acceptable.

If you still have your G27 pedals, Thrustmaster and Ricmotech both sell cheap converters to run your G27 pedals from the T300 base (works on consoles and PC). If not, then the T3PA pedals are a highly recommended purchase, for example in the T300 Alcantara package (T300 base, 599evo alcantara rim, T3PA pedals).
Thank you for answering. Hmm, in this case I'm looking forward to a G29 as well. 👍

well i had thrust master a month replace the pedals and two days a go the wheel wouldn't stop turning bought may 2015
so now $800.00 in hole live goes on

well i had thrust master a month replace the pedals and two days a go the wheel wouldn't stop turning bought may 2015
so now $800.00 in hole live goes on
Did you try replacing the USB brake-away cable? This has caused some issues, $3-4 part. I've had my TX since they were first released, it's been working great but did have to replace this part a few months ago as Windows failed to recognize the wheel and wouldn't calibrate.

upload_2016-11-12_10-23-33.png

Did you try replacing the USB brake-away cable? This has caused some issues, $3-4 part. I've had my TX since they were first released, it's been working great but did have to replace this part a few months ago as Windows failed to recognize the wheel and wouldn't calibrate.

View attachment 605879
no didn't know about that part. but where did you get it? who to hock it up?

Thrustmaster support said it was to
sent back them and would fix it but they wouldn't pay
the shipping of $60.00 and $60.00 to look at and if they could fix more money
that i look at i have no idea where goes

so now $500.00 on amazon for logitech 29
i had logitech 27 when it first come out to 2015 and one thing happen lost second gear on the shifter
and logitech gives a two year war with g29

Or you could get a T500RS! I've had mine almost since they were first released (back in GT5 days). Still very satisfied and it works beautifully with my PS4 Pro and Project Cars. It comes as standard with T3 PA Pro pedals and sometimes the T500 is available cheaper than the T300.

How's that wheel working out?
It's a great wheel. Very smooth and responsive. I'm driving with FFB Sensitivity and Max Torque settings both at 1 with it. 👍

And for others statements, if you do doughnuts with it turned to maximum and you release it, it won't stay blocked. It responds. :P

:cheers:

Last edited:
It's a great wheel. Very smooth and responsive. I'm driving with FFB and Max Torque settings both at 1 with it. 👍

And for others statements, if you do doughnuts with it turned to maximum and you release it, it won't stay blocked. It responds. :P

:cheers:

Good. I took a look at the wheel. The only thing I'm not fond of is the lack of familiar PS buttons on the wheel. Unless maybe you using it for PC I dunno.

Once you get used to it you wished you had another 10 more buttons ,aka button boxes LOL
PC master race FTW!! :sly:

I like button layouts to be quite logical, especially as I play various games and have a habit of configuring the controls slightly differently. :banghead:

Back