• Thread starter Lanius1984
  • 317 comments

Which Wheel would you choose?

• Thrustmaster T300RS

Votes: 202 69.9%
  • Logitech G29

Votes: 87 30.1%

• Total voters
I'm buying a wheel because I used one all the time on my PS3 and now I have nothing so I'm looking for the extra realism and fun factor, like you have mentioned.

It really is quite annoying how similar these wheels are.
There is nothing similar,trust me. One is a rebadged G27 with the chip.
My friend has the G29 and its not even close to the 300.

There is nothing similar,trust me. One is a rebadged G27 with the chip.
My friend has the G29 and its not even close to the 300.
What he said ^^^ the G29 isn't a patch on the T300, the only thing it has going for it is a better reputation with regard to reliability (still not a guarantee) & better stock pedals. I reckon it's decision time, you could always do as @svenvangent said and flip a coin, if you don't like the result you will know where your heart lies at least.

What he said ^^^ the G29 isn't a patch on the T300, the only thing it has going for it is a better reputation with regard to reliability (still not a guarantee) & better stock pedals. I reckon it's decision time, you could always do as @svenvangent said and flip a coin, if you don't like the result you will know where your heart lies at least.
This is true. I am looking for the best wheel experience and I think the T300 seems to offer more than the G29 in that sense. I guess I just need to sacrifice the want for better pedals and more reliability.

This is true. I am looking for the best wheel experience and I think the T300 seems to offer more than the G29 in that sense. I guess I just need to sacrifice the want for better pedals and more reliability.
Why not compare to the T300 "with" the T3PA pedals. Now the comparison is between the G29 @ $400 and the T300 setup @ $450. $50 isn't that much in the long run and now you're not sacrificing.

I understand some buyer's caution on the Thrust Master because of some reports but it's a no brainer to me.

Over the longer history ThrustMaster has made some good equipment, and my TX (very early batch), T3PA pedals, and TH8A shifter is still going strong.

But, buy what your dead set on and enjoy.

Why not compare to the T300 "with" the T3PA pedals. Now the comparison is between the G29 @ $400 and the T300 setup @ $450. $50 isn't that much in the long run and now you're not sacrificing.

I understand some buyer's caution on the Thrust Master because of some reports but it's a no brainer to me.

Over the longer history ThrustMaster has made some good equipment, and my TX (very early batch), T3PA pedals, and TH8A shifter is still going strong.

But, buy what your dead set on and enjoy.
I think I'm going for the T300, for definite. The stock pedals will do me for a while and if I feel the need to upgrade to the T3PA pedals by all means I will.

I will place an order for one soon, most likely from Amazon.

I think I'm going for the T300, for definite. The stock pedals will do me for a while and if I feel the need to upgrade to the T3PA pedals by all means I will.

I will place an order for one soon, most likely from Amazon.
Actually, the stock pedals aren't really that bad - press the right pedal the car accelerates, press the left the car stops. Depending on the type of cars you like to drive many don't need a clutch. One huge improvement for the stock pedals is adding some type of rubber stop, positional braking is tough. When I was using the stock pedals I put a rubber door stop bumper under the pedal arm (kept in place with some poster putty adhesive), simple/crude but worked very well. Didn't feel that much different than my T3PA bake with the included conical mod.

I pulled off the rubber stop on one like this but there are many other possibilities for a simple fix/improvement.
upload_2015-10-31_7-53-15.png

When i was choosing a wheel, the belt system on T300 didn't look trustful for me. Probably it's robust enough, but thinking about next 5-7 years, i'm not confident it will survive. Especially in quite humid place as north Taiwan. Rubber things here wear out quite fast. I was using DFGT from 2010, since GT5 release and i had zero problem. Wheel is still working very well. And i like how buttons are placed on G29 more than ascetic T300. So, i choose G29. The only thing i don't like is leather on the wheel. It looks and feel nice, but i'm not sure how long it will last. Cables of G29 is much shorter than DFGT which is also downside (but easy to fix).
And by the way, G29 is much much quieter than DFGT if some one has doubts in this aspect. I like rev display on G29. Feel myself as F1 driver, haha :)

I'm the owner of a T300rs which has succumbed to the slamming left problem, as I'm the sole carer for somebody who has recently been diagnosed with advanced and terminal cancer I really don't have the time or the inclination to jump through the hoops that thrustmonster want me to go through to get a replacement so I'm going to bite the bullet and buy another as I already have the pro pedal and shifter add ons ..... not particularly happy with them but needs must I suppose.

In all honesty that is closer to where it should have been priced from the start which I think should be $249.99 - I just feel bad for the people who paid $400 for it originally.

The T300 is also on sale at $349.99 but it should have started at $299.99 with the pedals it comes with IMO, basically saying I feel I over paid for what I got.

I feel you! On my case G29!

The G29 and G920 have now been reduced in PC World to £179.99 and £205 with the shifter.

I've been on the G920 since launch and have to say it's a great piece of kit, just put some tape over the power light and add the Nixim mod or GTEYE springs.

Now looking at a G29 for the PS4 and for a spare set of pedals to try load cells on.

*Edit*
After dropping into PC World and getting a G29 (with an extra 10% off - result), it transpires that these are selling really well for them during their Black Friday period with many stores selling out.
Hopefully will see some new blood getting into Sim racing.

Last edited:
I bought the G29 yesterday from Amazon for £180. I missed the £110 deal for the T150 or I might have got that instead but no matter, I'm happy with what I've got.

I've been trying it out in Pro-Cars and Driveclub on PS4 and GT6 on PS3. At first I thought it was broken it was so quiet. It hardly makes any sound when calibrating or in use. Coming from a DFGT it's a massive change.

are the pro pedals and shifter any good? the pedals look awesome and the shifter looks a lot better than the G27 one

I ran a G27 for years and never had a problem -- loved it. When Pcars came out I sold the G27, opened my bank book and bought a PS4 and T300 RS. The wheel response and feedback are much better than the G27 (and the G27 was really good). The stock pedals are ok, but after a few months I opted for the T3PA-Pro pedals (expensive, but a gift from my wife) and the difference is tremendous. Even though the brake is still position sensitive (potentiometer) the conical brake mod makes a huge difference in pedal pressure and responsiveness. I realize that not everyone has the money to drop on a wheel and upgraded pedals but I'm almost 70 and it's my hobby. I can't speak to the shifter because I prefer the paddle shifter.

Hey guys i'm hardcore Racing sim fan and its time to take a new wheel so i ask here in the right place...
I'm in the middle t300rs or g29
I read all the conversation here and nobody tells a clear opinion about which wheel feel better on driving...

I don't want to know about the pedals or the plastic material the noise, updates or if one of those is 10 or 20 years old technology ...

I read 100 pages from almost every Comparison on web and from all those the answer is that

Both wheels have their own way to inform you about the car.
So the
the t300rs feels smooth or more premium like in real life because of the belt and the heart mechanism.
the g29 its far away from this premium feel of the t300rs but this chunky** type of ffb feels more accurate more Ritch feel, information about the the car...
I have to many hours on dfgt and g27 and i try also t500 rs and t300rs for some laps on Nurburgring on gt6 and also on gt sport...
The first impressions from THRUSTMASTER wheels is like its lack information like they said in the web...
So am i feel right or ot is in my mind because of this smoothness?

Because i tell you again that:
i didn't try for a long time the thrustmaster wheels and maybe i have false impression ..
Can you tell me your opinions about this?
What wheel feels better.

Hey guys i'm hardcore Racing sim fan and its time to take a new wheel so i ask here in the right place...
I'm in the middle t300rs or g29
I read all the conversation here and nobody tells a clear opinion about which wheel feel better on driving...

I don't want to know about the pedals or the plastic material the noise, updates or if one of those is 10 or 20 years old technology ...

I read 100 pages from almost every Comparison on web and from all those the answer is that

Both wheels have their own way to inform you about the car.
So the
the t300rs feels smooth or more premium like in real life because of the belt and the heart mechanism.
the g29 its far away from this premium feel of the t300rs but this chunky** type of ffb feels more accurate more Ritch feel, information about the the car...
I have to many hours on dfgt and g27 and i try also t500 rs and t300rs for some laps on Nurburgring on gt6 and also on gt sport...
The first impressions from THRUSTMASTER wheels is like its lack information like they said in the web...
So am i feel right or ot is in my mind because of this smoothness?

Because i tell you again that:
i didn't try for a long time the thrustmaster wheels and maybe i have false impression ..
Can you tell me your opinions about this?
What wheel feels better.
The lack of cog rattle on a belt driven wheel can certainly feel like lack of information at first. The question you have to ask yourself is whether all that you feel through a cog driven wheel is actually information the game was trying to convey, or whether there is stuff being "added" due to artifacts from the cog drive.

That said, if you like the Logitech feel, aren't blown away by the extra power of the T300/500 then it sounds like the G29 is the right wheel for you. Easy :)

Might not be any use but im using the Logitech g920 on the xbox , while it seems underpowered in terms of force feedback compared to a t300 it still feels amazing on forza6 and pcars. The only big prob ive got with pcars is changing the steering ratios on the fly, it just cant be done and i tell ya any sort of race car with 900° aint fun at all.

Hey guys..i need some help..i got new t300 wheel and t3pa pro pedals...but pedals wont work with t300 on assetto corsa i think i did all instalation the way it should be.. ...???maybe i am missing something....tnx

Hey guys..i need some help..i got new t300 wheel and t3pa pro pedals...but pedals wont work with t300 on assetto corsa i think i did all instalation the way it should be.. ...???maybe i am missing something....tnx
Do you have any PC or laptop which you could use or borrow, just to install the T300 drivers? That way you can test in the calibration screen....

Do you have any PC or laptop which you could use or borrow, just to install the T300 drivers? That way you can test in the calibration screen....
Yes i have laptop..i will try do that and see if i can figure it out...i.was thinking it was just plug and play since they are both thrustmaster products..

Yes i have laptop..i will try do that and see if i can figure it out...i.was thinking it was just plug and play since they are both thrustmaster products..
It should be plug and play, that's the problem... If you are sure the RJ-11 plug is firmly clicked into the wheelbase and the pedals do nothing then I suggest trying on PC as a second test. If nothing there either, then the pedals, pedal cable or pedal socket in the wheelbase is broken. You will have good information for the RMA.

It should be plug and play, that's the problem... If you are sure the RJ-11 plug is firmly clicked into the wheelbase and the pedals do nothing then I suggest trying on PC as a second test. If nothing there either, then the pedals, pedal cable or pedal socket in the wheelbase is broken. You will have good information for the RMA.
Ohh man broken new from the box wow!Thrustmaster:(..... i am starting to think this was a bad buy...because everything seems to be connected the right way and its sitting firmly like it should... i hope downlodig drivers will help me understand what going on

@skazz Nop, not broken...i saw something in another thread that i should turn ps4 on with wheel instead for controller..and that worked for me..,now i can enjoy assetto with new wheel and great pedals...must say feels amazing, big uppgrade from g27.... thx for help@skazz

Hi guys,
I'd like to know a former G27 owner's opinion - Are the T300RS' default pedals worse, better or same as the G27's?

Edit: Ignore the clutch.

Last edited:
Back