• Thread starter Lanius1984
  • 317 comments

Which Wheel would you choose?

• Thrustmaster T300RS

Votes: 202 69.9%
  • Logitech G29

Votes: 87 30.1%

• Total voters
The DFGT goes through that loud "whiiirrrrr" noise when you plug it in. When I plug my G29 in, if my back is turned to it, I don't even know it's happening.

The pedals will take some getting used to. They weigh more than twice as much and the brake pedal is MUCH stiffer.

You will be impressed.
Yeah even in normal user you get that "whir" sound. That's another thing I was wanting was better pedals and they seem to be what I'm after. One thing though, is the brake progressive?

Appreciate the help.

Yes. And they are metal. Just a completely different experience for your feet.
It sounds like it is worth the buy! One final question: are there any current PS4 racing games that the wheel is not compatible with? I'm just curious as I know the T300 supports most games.

It sounds like it is worth the buy! One final question: are there any current PS4 racing games that the wheel is not compatible with? I'm just curious as I know the T300 supports most games.

Only WRC 5 - but that is being fixed. It was lame of them to not have support for it at launch.

The G29 is a good choice for a wheel and comes with really nice pedals.

Don't forget to look into the T150 as well.. I only say this because you can get T3PA pedals with it and still only be at $300. Plus if you want to get a shifter, though the TH8a is more expensive, it is widely accepted as much better than the logitech shifter.

I do own a T300 but mine first one did fail and I got a replacement which has been working great.

Only WRC 5 - but that is being fixed. It was lame of them to not have support for it at launch.

The G29 is a good choice for a wheel and comes with really nice pedals.

Don't forget to look into the T150 as well.. I only say this because you can get T3PA pedals with it and still only be at $300. Plus if you want to get a shifter, though the TH8a is more expensive, it is widely accepted as much better than the logitech shifter.

I do own a T300 but mine first one did fail and I got a replacement which has been working great.
Hmm. I'll definitely take a look at the T150. It looks like a decent wheel and it won't burst the bank. As you've mentioned some people seem to have reliability issues with the T300 so that's why I was persuaded to by the G29.

Thanks for the suggestion.

For the $399 the G29 is the best bet. If you like to tinker and add on more things later then Fanatec and Thrustmaster have ways to spend lots more money down the road.

I don't have a big rig and am not going to spend more later. So the G29 is the best bet for me.

For the $399 the G29 is the best bet. If you like to tinker and add on more things later then Fanatec and Thrustmaster have ways to spend lots more money down the road.

I don't have a big rig and am not going to spend more later. So the G29 is the best bet for me.
I have very similar requirements to you, turning me towards the G29 for definite.

Of course as time moves on there will be compatibility updates for the G29 and along with the bulletproof design of Logitech wheels in the past it seems a no-brainer.

Thanks again for the feedback.

I have very similar requirements to you, turning me towards the G29 for definite.

Of course as time moves on there will be compatibility updates for the G29 and along with the bulletproof design of Logitech wheels in the past it seems a no-brainer.

Thanks again for the feedback.
As a counterpoint viewpoint: the FFB quality of the T300 is a major step up from the G2x series, in terms of power (50% more) and smoothness. I definitely couldn't go back to my old Logitech G25 having lived with the T300 for roughly a year.

Yes, the build quality is a bit of a risk from Thrustmaster, but I've bought many wheels over the years and as long as you can trust in the warranty there's really nothing to worry about. Sure, if you have a difficulty RMA process, Logitech is safer, but you really are settling for the lesser wheel as a result.

As a counterpoint viewpoint: the FFB quality of the T300 is a major step up from the G2x series, in terms of power (50% more) and smoothness. I definitely couldn't go back to my old Logitech G25 having lived with the T300 for roughly a year.

Yes, the build quality is a bit of a risk from Thrustmaster, but I've bought many wheels over the years and as long as you can trust in the warranty there's really nothing to worry about. Sure, if you have a difficulty RMA process, Logitech is safer, but you really are settling for the lesser wheel as a result.
Hmm. I do really like the adjustable rotation of the T300 and from what you've said it is the more powerful wheel but I'm not looking to fork out loads of money for extra pedals etc, which is why I'm going more towards the G29.

I'll look into the two a little more to make my decision. I am very grateful for the response and advice from this thread.

Thanks.

Hmm. I do really like the adjustable rotation of the T300 and from what you've said it is the more powerful wheel but I'm not looking to fork out loads of money for extra pedals etc, which is why I'm going more towards the G29.

I'll look into the two a little more to make my decision. I am very grateful for the response and advice from this thread.

Thanks.
The G29 with stock pedals is a good balanced set (it just hurts to see the price compared to the G25/G27 price), and if you don't want to extend the budget to buy T3PA pedals then the T300 is definitely let down by the stock pedals. That's absolutely true.

In your case it's a tough choice to call: G29 is probably less risk of issues and a balanced set, T300+T3PA is a better wheel experience, as long as it doesn't have issues. Tricky.

I bought my T300 last October, have been playing it since Xmas day, no problems with the wheel at all. It's kinda creaking a little bit every now and then but nothing major. Only issue I had was my brake pedal started rubbing against the pedal board so I had to dismantle it, sand the pedal arm down slightly, then put back together. Now it's perfect again. When I have money I may get the alcantara rim, even before new pedals. They've suited me fine, if it's your first wheel I wouldn't worry about the fact the pedals are the weak link, they're still massively better than a controller.

Did you have to replace your wheel due to the slamming to one side? I just read your thread over at Pcars forum. I turned on my wheel last night and , slam.

Hopefully you were able to fix the "slam" and you would be wiling to share the fix.

Otherwise looks like I need to start the return procedure. Any advice you can give for a smooth and quickreturn would be appreciated.

Did you have to replace your wheel due to the slamming to one side? I just read your thread over at Pcars forum. I turned on my wheel last night and , slam.

Hopefully you were able to fix the "slam" and you would be wiling to share the fix.

Otherwise looks like I need to start the return procedure. Any advice you can give for a smooth and quickreturn would be appreciated.

No, I RMA'd mine for the clunking (clicking or knocking) issue before I had that slam to one side.

The slam to one side was from pCARS crashing. I just jumped up and unplugged the power plug or the usb cable (forget which one) no issues with my wheel from that and the game did not crash again after that either.

The G29 with stock pedals is a good balanced set (it just hurts to see the price compared to the G25/G27 price), and if you don't want to extend the budget to buy T3PA pedals then the T300 is definitely let down by the stock pedals. That's absolutely true.

In your case it's a tough choice to call: G29 is probably less risk of issues and a balanced set, T300+T3PA is a better wheel experience, as long as it doesn't have issues. Tricky.
You see it exactly how I do! Where one wheel has its faults the other makes up for them and vice versa.

I really can't be bothered buying something that comes with the possibility of breaking down on me. The fact that the stock pedals are not as good as the what the G29 has to offer out of the box then I think I will go for the G29 and I'll just live without the adjustable rotation and stronger FFB.

From what I have gathered I think, in terms of what I'm looking for, the G29 would be the better purchase for me as a ready-to-use package. It really is a very tough choice.

You see it exactly how I do! Where one wheel has its faults the other makes up for them and vice versa.

I really can't be bothered buying something that comes with the possibility of breaking down on me. The fact that the stock pedals are not as good as the what the G29 has to offer out of the box then I think I will go for the G29 and I'll just live without the adjustable rotation and stronger FFB.

From what I have gathered I think, in terms of what I'm looking for, the G29 would be the better purchase for me as a ready-to-use package. It really is a very tough choice.
G29 is the same as a 27, go check Inside Sim Racing's review,its a G27 in sheep's clothing. Having owned a G27 and now the T300,buy the 300,trust me,way better wheel. It's like a Chevette,and a Corvette both vettes if you catch my drift.

G29 is the same as a 27, go check Inside Sim Racing's review,its a G27 in sheep's clothing.
Further proof is that linearity/deadzone measurement graphs of the G29 are exactly the same as those from the G27. So it really is the exact same wheel with the exact same internals and exact same behavior/specifications.

Personally, I'd pick the T300 in a heartbeat. The G27 was a step down in terms of quality from the G25 (bigger FFB deadzone, asymmetrical design that causes knocking) already, so IMO the G29 is worse than a wheel Logitech released in 2007. That said, I can understand the dilemma some people are facing. I just think the G29 is a really bad deal.

G29 is the same as a 27, go check Inside Sim Racing's review,its a G27 in sheep's clothing. Having owned a G27 and now the T300,buy the 300,trust me,way better wheel. It's like a Chevette,and a Corvette both vettes if you catch my drift.
I have watched their review of both wheels and the more I watch them the harder it is for me to make a choice.

I know the T300 has more pros than the G29 and I realise the G29 is using old technology but I am not aware of anyone having problems with the it, so far. On the other hand I've seen many reviews on Amazon and other sites that say the T300 just isn't as reliable.

I have watched their review of both wheels and the more I watch them the harder it is for me to make a choice.

I know the T300 has more pros than the G29 and I realise the G29 is using old technology but I am not aware of anyone having problems with the it, so far. On the other hand I've seen many reviews on Amazon and other sites that say the T300 just isn't as reliable.
I've had a 300 since PCars came out.
I think some of the issues were game related as opposed to wheel related.
Never had an issue with mine.

Have you ever been looking for a (relatively) new G27 on the internet on sites like eBay, for example? You get the same as a G29 and pay just a percentage of the price.

Have you ever been looking for a (relatively) new G27 on the internet on sites like eBay, for example? You get the same as a G29 and pay just a percentage of the price.
Yes you do,unfortunately it doesn't work on the PS4.

Yeah I'm wanting a wheel to use on my PS4. If the G27 was compatible with the PS4 I would have one for sure!
If you can't decide which one to take , than do the ....." Head or let " with a coin .
Head : T300 RS
let : G29
Or the other way around ..whatever you like .

Goodluck

If you can't decide which one to take , than do the ....." Head or let " with a coin .
Head : T300 RS
let : G29
Or the other way around ..whatever you like .

Goodluck
I could have easily done that as soon as I saw these two wheels but that would just leave it down to chance.

I'd like to choose one of these wheels based on what I think makes them better but to be quite honest I almost do need to flip a coin as I'm so stuck between them.

I could have easily done that as soon as I saw these two wheels but that would just leave it down to chance.

I'd like to choose one of these wheels based on what I think makes them better but to be quite honest I almost do need to flip a coin as I'm so stuck between them.
Life is risk, just get the T300 & hope for the best.

I would also not know which one to take if I was in your place .
the fact that I have a T300 RS was only because at that time ( nine months ago) there was no G29 for sale in my chop but now I saw them standing there site by site last time I went there and .............. Hmmmmmmm god damn life can be a which .

At least you are gonna to buy one and you will have fun with it , much better than a gamepad .

Last edited:
I would also not know which one to take if I was in your place .
the fact that I have a T300 RS was only because at that time ( nine months ago) there was no G29 for sale in my chop but now I saw them standing there site by site last time I went there and .............. Hmmmmmmm god damn life can be a which .

At least you are gonna to buy one and you will have fun with it , much better than a gamepad .
I'm buying a wheel because I used one all the time on my PS3 and now I have nothing so I'm looking for the extra realism and fun factor, like you have mentioned.

It really is quite annoying how similar these wheels are.

Back