Wheel Stands, Racing Rigs Cockpits, Pedals, Wheels. Master List

• Thread starter SGETI
  • 1,156 comments
So guys, it is time for a new rig and hope to get some of your feedback before pulling the trigger.
Here are the choices so far (appreciate if u have feedback on any/some of them)

- Rseat RS1 (either Assetto corsa edition or Black Alcantara)
- Track Racer RS8 mach 5
- Track Racer RS6
- RaceRoom Seat (RR3055 or 3033)

Open to other options if u can recommend one; however, the rig should be compact 1.5 m or less and must be black with no aluminium frame(s) or silver plates(can conclude that 80/20 would not be an option).

Setup:
- Fanatec CSL elite LC pedals
- T300rs wheel servo base/599xxEVO wheel
- Thrustmaster TH8A

Thanks in advance.
I think you're going to have on kick-butt sim racing rig!! 👍

My only suggestion is to get the Fanatec Clubsport v3 pedals. They're $100 more than the CSL Elite LC, but they are Fanatec's top of the line and there are a couple of people in the Assetto Corsa forum who both recently got v3's and they both are thrilled with their decision. Maybe go with a little bit less expensive of a rig so you can put the $100 toward the pedals. That's just my advice. Good luck!!

I think you're going to have on kick-butt sim racing rig!! 👍

My only suggestion is to get the Fanatec Clubsport v3 pedals. They're $100 more than the CSL Elite LC, but they are Fanatec's top of the line and there are a couple of people in the Assetto Corsa forum who both recently got v3's and they both are thrilled with their decision. Maybe go with a little bit less expensive of a rig so you can put the $100 toward the pedals. That's just my advice. Good luck!!

Thanks for the advice. Thought about the V3s before getting the CSL but inside sim racing review of the CSL LC changed my mind. Should have been clear and mentioned that this the setup i have now just looking for a feedback on the racing rig cockpit :nervous:...time to edit to be more clear

Thanks for the advice. Thought about the V3s before getting the CSL but inside sim racing review of the CSL LC changed my mind. Should have been clear and mentioned that this the setup i have now just looking for a feedback on the racing rig cockpit :nervous:...time to edit to be more clear
Ooops! My bad... :eek: All of those cockpits look sweet to me. I really don't like the ones that have a bar in the middle. The one's you mentioned. I'd take any of 'em. Hopefully someone will stop by with some feedback from owning one or more of the rigs you listed. Good luck! 👍

Racing stand. I need a racing stand. I'm not ready to go full cockpit, so I'll make due with a stand. I like the GT Omega stand. Anyone used it, or know of some must read/see testimonials?

not sure of your surroundings but make sure you check out the playseat challenge as well.

I have a friend who has the GT Omega and he is very happy with the stand. He has a T150 attached and uses his couch as his race seat. The stand sometimes moves depending on racing enthusiasm.

Thanks SGETI, I'll definitely take a look at the Playseat Challenge. It may kill two birds with one stone...

The reason I am looking for a wheel stand is, my son has taken an interest in sim racing and for the past few days, he's been using my Frankenstein setup. It's an AK gaming seat at a drafting desk. It's barely comfortable for me, and I can imagine he's having issues with it.

The problem is, the wheel is mounted too high. For me, the top of my CSR is eye level, for him; the wheel is forehead level. I figure a wheel stand would lower the wheel for both of us, and bring the pedals close enough so I don't have to adjust them every time he gets a turn. Probably just raise or lower the wheel platform, and move the chair closer to the pedals.

Another benefit of moving the wheel off the Desktop and onto a stand, is I'd be able to lower the Monitor. I just got a 27" Monitor, and it is sitting on a monitor stand, so I can see the screen with the wheel in place. With out the wheel there, I don't need the monitor raised up an additional 6". The colors would look better and when playing on my 360, the blacks won't be so abundant.

Either way, I am excited he is showing interest in racing, cars and sim racing. Plus this gives me the perfect excuse to buy new gear for my hobby.

Edit 2:

The Playseat Challenge won't work. It sits too low to the ground. The monitor is basically on an office desktop.

Last edited:
Thanks for your support in advance 👍

I have T3PA pedals and thinking to add the Bodin load cell. Several times I've asked via the website about availability but not reply so far. Too busy or quit businesses?
Does it really improve the brake handling and so is it worth the +/- $99. ?
Any other solution besides the Bodin load cell available? Could not find anything on GTP and Google (hopefully I missed an alternative?). E.g. Fanatec is above my budget...

I do not have any knowledge of Bodin or of any alternatives for the T3PA pedals. :( Maybe if I owned these pedals I would have more info. Hopefully some other guys will chip in.

Thanks for your support in advance 👍

I have T3PA pedals and thinking to add the Bodin load cell. Several times I've asked via the website about availability but not reply so far. Too busy or quit businesses?
Does it really improve the brake handling and so is it worth the +/- $99. ?
Any other solution besides the Bodin load cell available? Could not find anything on GTP and Google (hopefully I missed an alternative?). E.g. Fanatec is above my budget...
If you ask here there is a greater chance someone to answer.:)

https://www.sparco.it/shop/en/gaming/gaming-simulators/evolve-G01985ZNRRS

ee5059bf4ec0710b0e641b529929dcf7.image.310x310.jpg

I feel there are many more rigs out there which will give more value for your money. The seat to me is the biggest issue, Do you really need a carbon seat? I prefer a comfortable seat on my rig. I could care less if the seat is made from carbon fiber or metal or even wood, just as long as the padding allows me to race for hours upon hours with no pain in the arz.

I feel there are many more rigs out there which will give more value for your money. The seat to me is the biggest issue, Do you really need a carbon seat? I prefer a comfortable seat on my rig. I could care less if the seat is made from carbon fiber or metal or even wood, just as long as the padding allows me to race for hours upon hours with no pain in the arz.
I agree with everything you've said. Plus, this is sim racing. Not real motor racing. I'm quite sure there are some hefty people among the simracing community. They won't be able to squeeze into that seat. No way.

I agree and those high sided seats have no business being on sim rig, even if it is motion rig I have never heard of anybody falling out of their rig:lol::lol:

Hi guys, after some help please.
I'm looking to upgrade from my stand to a seat and rig. Budget is £300. I have a G29 and shifter, which I use. Consequently I switch between left and right foot breaking and don't want a bar in the way between my legs. Space is also a premium so one that could retract a little in an easy manner for storage would be preferable.
Does anybody know if the playseat with the bar coming from the seat sound like it would suit my needs.
This is the kind of thing I am after.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170423-165204.png
    Screenshot_20170423-165204.png
    33.7 KB · Views: 60
@The Skuh
The Playseat does have a center post. I have heard both sides of the argument, the pole does not have a hindrance and others boldly state avoid any center post. I tend to agree with the later. If I was buying a new rig I would only be looking at rigs with NO center post.

The playseat sensation pro is $1,700.00, well above your budget (and in my opinion not worth the money and represents a poor value for your money.)

Your budget of Apx $400.00 US is attainable, yet please remember you will need to factor in shipping. With shipping being a factor I find it nearly impossible to recommend a rig and then find out the shipping will put you over budget. Frustration.

Have you looked into used rigs? More bang for the buck. I am not sure where you are in the world, but this is an option you may find out to better suit your budget. I have mentioned in prior posts, I bought a used rig and saved well over 50% from a new rig.

Are you handy? A DIY kind of guy? If so, you need to research homemade rigs and building plans. Hundreds of different rig builds are out there. All available at fraction of your budget with the satisfaction you built it.

The rig you pictured above , can not recall which brand, looks like a viable option. Not sure if the steering height and distance is adjustable. Also check to make sure seat is adjustable. Also is the shifter mount able to mount on the left side. Small details but you need to make sure .

Hey everyone, just got a G29 for my birthday. Any suggestions or recommendations for an entry-level stand? Don't need the full cockpit set-up - don't have the space!

@SGETI
Thanks for the reply. I should have said that the budget didn't include shipping.
No I am useless at DIY. I had thought about a second hand rig but haven't seen one is all. I'm still tempted by the playseat evolution with the stand from the seat so is just at the top of the thigh. I kind of agree though,if I can find something without centre post I will.
I am in UK.
Thanks again SGETI.

@MidnightRun85
I recommend the Wheelstandpro (web address is same name). I currently use one and am upgrading to a rig. They are excellent value for money and are a good compromise. If you don't use the clutch and brake with your left foot there is little downside. Mine was about £75 plus shipping.

@SGETI
Thanks for the reply. I should have said that the budget didn't include shipping.
No I am useless at DIY. I had thought about a second hand rig but haven't seen one is all. I'm still tempted by the playseat evolution with the stand from the seat so is just at the top of the thigh. I kind of agree though,if I can find something without centre post I will.
I am in UK.
Thanks again SGETI.

@MidnightRun85
I recommend the Wheelstandpro (web address is same name). I currently use one and am upgrading to a rig. They are excellent value for money and are a good compromise. If you don't use the clutch and brake with your left foot there is little downside. Mine was about £75 plus shipping.
Great thanks I'll give them a try.

Any suggestions or recommendations for an entry-level stand?

There are many, I would suggest a stand that does NOT have a center post if possible. I used to have a Fanatec Rennsport wheelstand www.fanatec.de
The stand does have a middle post and I was able to right foot brake without any interference. With that being said I would lean towards no center post. Here are a few.

Granstand http://www.granstand.com/
GT Omega Racing . http://www.gtomegaracing.com
Playseat Challenge http://www.playseatstore.com/challenge.html
Pagnian imports http://www.pagnianimports.com.au/

Or you can PM @The Skuh , appears he may a used wheel stand for sale soon. :cheers:

I was about to ask if the GT Omega is a better buy. Only £20 more (the Wheelstand Pro V2 is £93, vs £115 for GT Omega). What do we think guys??

I have a Wheelstand Pro V2 for the G27. It's a decent piece of kit. 👍

The centre post doesn't bother me, but I can understand why some guys don't like it. I play various games and have to alternate between left foot braking or right foot braking and the post doesn't prevent me doing either.

It's quite heavy, which makes it reasonably stable. I have to be really fighting the wheel to make the stand move about and even then it's really minimal and rare that it happens. I use the stand on carpet, it grips fine to my carpet, however I've never tried it on a hard floor, so if you're using it on wood/tile/laminate your mileage may vary.

I found it easy to build. Cable management isn't very good, but I guess that's partially down to the stand being foldable. I just used a few extra cable ties and allowed some slack where it folds or adjusts.

I initially chose the Wheelstand Pro because it folds up when not in use. I can fold the stand and hang it up inside a built in cupboard out of the way until I need it again. It prevents the missus complaining at me. :) Overall I'm really pleased with it. It's about 4 years old, I've had to tighten a nut once or twice (on the rear of the adjustable clamps) in that time, but that's to be expected.

I have no experience of any other stands, so my opinion is totally biased. I believe that the GT Omega is popular, but I made my choice and don't regret it.

I have a Wheelstand Pro V2 for the G27. It's a decent piece of kit. 👍

The centre post doesn't bother me, but I can understand why some guys don't like it. I play various games and have to alternate between left foot braking or right foot braking and the post doesn't prevent me doing either.

It's quite heavy, which makes it reasonably stable. I have to be really fighting the wheel to make the stand move about and even then it's really minimal and rare that it happens. I use the stand on carpet, it grips fine to my carpet, however I've never tried it on a hard floor, so if you're using it on wood/tile/laminate your mileage may vary.

I found it easy to build. Cable management isn't very good, but I guess that's partially down to the stand being foldable. I just used a few extra cable ties and allowed some slack where it folds or adjusts.

I initially chose the Wheelstand Pro because it folds up when not in use. I can fold the stand and hang it up inside a built in cupboard out of the way until I need it again. It prevents the missus complaining at me. :) Overall I'm really pleased with it. It's about 4 years old, I've had to tighten a nut once or twice (on the rear of the adjustable clamps) in that time, but that's to be expected.

I have no experience of any other stands, so my opinion is totally biased. I believe that the GT Omega is popular, but I made my choice and don't regret it.
Thanks for sharing your experience of the Wheelstand Pro, sounds like it's worked well for you! I'm in two minds - the Wheelstand Pro looks more rugged and well built, but the GT Omega has the layout I think I want.

Back