Wheel Stands, Racing Rigs Cockpits, Pedals, Wheels. Master List

• Thread starter SGETI
  • 1,156 comments
I would't recomend it. It is quite similar like Logitech lap attachment https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00068S5HQ/?tag=gtplanet-20. I used it few years - yes it doesnt need special places to storage it, it is simple to use, but isnt very stable or comfortable to use. After that I bought GT Omega wheel stand https://www.gtomegaracing.com/gt-omega-steering-wheel-stand (needed foldable stand) and it is much much better. Also you can hard mount pedals.
Okay thanks. I will get GT Omega or Playseat Challenge then! :)

Pass. Save your money for something that will enhance the driving and at the same time be more comfortable.
Have you ever driven with a wheel at your waist? I have a long time ago and the position is so akward and unnatural in time you will just stop using your wheel.
With this setup you are now forced to keep your feet in a specific spot all race long, Lets not forget the pedals. Every time you move your feet will you be moving the wheel? The purpose of a stand is to be stable.

You can tighten those straps all you want but combined with the feet moving the wheel will also be moving all race long.

If your looking for a cheap temporary stand, here you go. The top is adjustable. I used this along with many other racers as my first wheel stand. The biggest advantage to this stand was it taught me to race smooth and not man handle the wheel.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-Flip-Top-Portable-Work-Support-AC9934/100618242

upload_2017-4-28_11-29-6.jpeg

Are they that good?
It certainly isn't the best rig in the world, but it is, in my opinion, the best option for a solution that can be easily folded and stored (on a daily basis).

Here's my quick thoughts on it, taken from another thread:

In the case of the Playseat Challenge, you're definitely paying a bit more for than just the materials. But it really is a clever and unique solution, and that has a price, too. And the materials aren't that bad, either.

If you take into account the prices of simple wheel stands, then it becomes even more valuable.

I've used all kinds of tables and wheel stands before and honestly, while it may not be a proper rig, my sim racing experience has upped 500% since I got it, along with some proper pedals and shifter (which I couldn't have before as well).

IJRqZfSl.jpg

@Scaff has a nice review on it, too. But I can't seem to find it right now, sorry.

For those in the US, I just ordered the OpenWheeler from Amazon Prime; the red one is currently on sale for $339.84, black for $380 and the rest are $386.59 (that's shipped, if you have Prime). Figured I can get in the cockpit game at that price; shifter mount, adjustable seat, we'll see how it goes :gtpflag:

i just add my own experience
I saw this chair DXRACER and immediately fell in love with him. Everyone praised him, he is very comfortable, handsome and with this seat of a posture definitely not to spoil. This chair can be adjusted as convenient for you and it's very nice. I used to have an ordinary office chair earlier, it was not very comfortable to sit on it and my back hurt. And a couple of months ago it broke and I decided to buy a new chair, more expensive and better, I like to play games for a long time I'm sitting at the PC and I needed such an armchair that did not destroy the posture, was comfortable and preferably not very expensive. I started looking for this type of chair and stumbled upon DxRacer, it suited me in every way that I wanted. I read its characteristics a little, looked at youtube reviews and decided to buy. I have hardened this chair in http://worldcultwatch.org

@geteo
Looks promising. Just visited your web page and I suggest you do as well. A few items, the three rigs appear to be listed out of order, no big deal.
Even tho the site was in English, the support items were in Spanish. I clicked on the English button, yet everything stayed the same. Will be tough for you to sell your great looking rig if people can not read and understand what they are buying.

When you start to ship global, drop a line. Good luck.

@geteo
Looks promising. Just visited your web page and I suggest you do as well. A few items, the three rigs appear to be listed out of order, no big deal.
Even tho the site was in English, the support items were in Spanish. I clicked on the English button, yet everything stayed the same. Will be tough for you to sell your great looking rig if people can not read and understand what they are buying.

When you start to ship global, drop a line. Good luck.

SGETI, Firstly, thanks for visiting our website. I really apreciate your comments

You are right regarding the translation issue. We are working to solve that problem what is seems it related with the cache memory of our system. The support items are all in english but for some reason sometimes get locked in Spanish or in english if the web is in spanish.
2afhg13.jpg

From this afternoon, all our cockpits are again in stock ;-)

I read that the playseat challenge isn't half bad.

How does it hold up considering comfort?

I really like it's property to fold it up as I live in a very small studio that's allready cluttered with gaming gear.

So GT Sport is almost upon us... i´m not that hyped, but still buying it and playing GT Academy a lot, which brings my problem: for the last 10 years i´m using a G25 and i wouldn´t want to upgrade.

Should i get a G29 to be able to play on the PS4?

Or should i try those mods to make the G25 compatible? Is this really possible working 100%?

I would like to upgrade to Thrustmaster or Fanatec, but they are almost impossible to find in Brazil and they cost an arm and a leg. A complete Fanatec set would cost me upwards to U$ 3000, and the T500RS would cost about U$ 1000-1500, so i won´t spend that kind of money on a wheel.

The G29 would set me back about 400-500 bucks.

I´m only thinking about updating due to compatibility BS, there´s nothing wrong with my good ol G25.

What do you guys think?

So GT Sport is almost upon us... i´m not that hyped, but still buying it and playing GT Academy a lot, which brings my problem: for the last 10 years i´m using a G25 and i wouldn´t want to upgrade.

Should i get a G29 to be able to play on the PS4?

Or should i try those mods to make the G25 compatible? Is this really possible working 100%?

I would like to upgrade to Thrustmaster or Fanatec, but they are almost impossible to find in Brazil and they cost an arm and a leg. A complete Fanatec set would cost me upwards to U$ 3000, and the T500RS would cost about U$ 1000-1500, so i won´t spend that kind of money on a wheel.

The G29 would set me back about 400-500 bucks.

I´m only thinking about updating due to compatibility BS, there´s nothing wrong with my good ol G25.

What do you guys think?

I just bought a T500 with a F1 wheel and a TH8A for R$ 2100.
I just watched sites like OLX and Mercado Livre in order to find one in a good price, that was the one! I'm using a T300 wheel as well.
Since my T300 broke, i got a Gimmx in order to use my old Logitech DFGT and it's still pretty good, i have to say, everything works greatly, but the mess with the notebook and all the wiring(have to mount and dismount every time so my wife didn't got crazy) made me want a supported wheel, and the fact that i had a T500 and the wheel with the shiffter is great!

If you want some help, you can send me a PM or add me on PSN; IrwingBR.

Is the Playseat challenge a big step down compared to the Playseat Evolution? Owned a Evolution but because of the center post and the angle of the pedals it wasnt very comfortable.

I'm finally gonna sink some cash into a setup - cheapish one anyhow
Getting the mid level Thrustmaster TMX but need a stand, something
economical
Anyone have any recommendations? Looked over the OP list but some are outdated an no longer available and/or pricey

I'm finally gonna sink some cash into a setup - cheapish one anyhow
Getting the mid level Thrustmaster TMX but need a stand, something
economical
Anyone have any recommendations? Looked over the OP list but some are outdated an no longer available and/or pricey

Wheel Stand Pro for Thrustmaster T300RS / TX / TMX and T150 Racing Wheels - DELUXE V2
NEXT LEVEL RACING WHEEL STAND
GT OMEGA STEERING WHEEL STAND
Playseat Challenge

If you want to hard mount the wheel you will need this.

Last edited:
So, I just bought a Thrustmaster T150, but my desk is too thick for the clamp/mounting bracket to work properly. I'm not really sure what I should do. I don't have any viable alternative to desk mounting, before any priveleged gate keepers who don't have a tiny amount of living space ask.

So, I just bought a Thrustmaster T150, but my desk is too thick for the clamp/mounting bracket to work properly. I'm not really sure what I should do. I don't have any viable alternative to desk mounting, before any priveleged gate keepers who don't have a tiny amount of living space ask.
Can you drill two holes in the desk,because you can buy this adapter and hard-mount the wheel.
It will also be nice if you can make several pictures of the desk with the wheel.

I'm in the UK, so I don't know if that adapter will be available here. With assistance I managed to mount it to my desk, but I don't know how secure it necessarily is. I can probably drill through the desk, but the main issue is that there is a metal bar running around the perimiter of the underside of the desk, which I believe is probably structural.

I'm going to be away for a few days, so I'll probably look more into it when I get back. For now I can just prop my desk chair against it when I'm not using it.

I don't actually have a camera at the moment, so I apologise.

Welcome to the club! :)
I have the rubber cone mod also, bought it separately. If it's not just my imagination I believe it offered a bit more resistance when I first installed it and seems to have softened a bit over time. So it might need replacement after some time. Although it still feels good and has definitely made it easier (and more satisfying) to brake in AC.

Welcome to the club! :)
I have the rubber cone mod also, bought it separately. If it's not just my imagination I believe it offered a bit more resistance when I first installed it and seems to have softened a bit over time. So it might need replacement after some time. Although it still feels good and has definitely made it easier (and more satisfying) to brake in AC.
Yep, the rubber cone mod is definitely the way to go for me, too. It's a huge improvement in feel and realism.
Having said that, why did you have to buy it separately? It came as standard with my T3PA Pro's.

@Scaff
How are you able to keep the pedals in place when stored (vertically). I understand that you're using them in F1 style and without the vertical back plate (so basically the same shape as the regular T3PA's), but what about the weight?
Strong cable ties or something?

Yep, the rubber cone mod is definitely the way to go for me, too. It's a huge improvement in feel and realism.
Having said that, why did you have to buy it separately? It came as standard with my T3PA Pro's.

@Scaff
How are you able to keep the pedals in place when stored (vertically). I understand that you're using them in F1 style and without the vertical back plate (so basically the same shape as the regular T3PA's), but what about the weight?
Strong cable ties or something?
I took the checker plate off, strapped them down with the velcro webbing strap and then put the checker plate back on. Actually ends up holding them better that the velcro webbing strap did on it's own for the T3PAs.

I took the checker plate off, strapped them down with the velcro webbing strap and then put the checker plate back on. Actually ends up holding them better that the velcro webbing strap did on it's own for the T3PAs.
That is very clever, sir. ;)

Latest Posts

Back