Wheel Stands, Racing Rigs Cockpits, Pedals, Wheels. Master List

• Thread starter SGETI
  • 1,139 comments
The short answer, No. This list was started close to six years ago and has progressed over time as new products come to market. Never started the list to be a recommendation of any single rig, just as some people prefer blondes , others prefer brunettes. Neither are wrong.

The $500.00 price point has numerous rigs. Will be up to you which one, blonde or brunette.

Take the time, due some searches, and after you have narrowed down the field, give this thread a shout and hopefully someone will give you a first hand reply on a specific rig.

Thanks for the reply. I didn't think this thread meant to recommend a single rig, and I understand that there are multiple rigs at each price point , but with niche products there are usually a few gems that dominate at different price points, and those that should be treated like the plague. That's why I was inquiring if a resource existed , not suggesting this should be it.

Im surprised by the large number of products available for this genre. Choice is good but it makes the decision making process daunting for a newb.

Thanks for the reply. I didn't think this thread meant to recommend a single rig, and I understand that there are multiple rigs at each price point , but with niche products there are usually a few gems that dominate at different price points, and those that should be treated like the plague. That's why I was inquiring if a resource existed , not suggesting this should be it.

Im surprised by the large number of products available for this genre. Choice is good but it makes the decision making process daunting for a newb.
For me, the first thing I would look at is shipping price, depending on what part of the country you are from and what is so-called local for you.

shipping can cost more than the rig if it going halfway around the world(these things are heavy) some companies have local(in your country)distribution though

Between the play seat evolution and the F1 GT , which would be the better seat if I don't mind the center pole and favor rigidity?

Ill be mounting CSl elite and Loadcell brakes.

Last edited:
Between the play seat evolution and the F1 GT , which would be the better seat if I don't mind the center pole and favor rigidity?

Ill be mounting CSl elite and Loadcell brakes.
I have the f1 gt and I like it a lot. Its very strong support for the wheel base and the peddles when in f1 position. The rig is heavy so I bought adhesive furniture pads and cut them to fit bottom of rig, slides around on wood floors easily. The rig is very adjustable, I have a cross between the f1 and gt.

7313a16dc61960c2111548147381533f.image.310x310.JPG
€159,00

fc917d38b92276ff9e3f1ab5c10ae79d.image.310x310.jpg
€550,00

3a32c660147e9a3f17df83f7146a4df2.image.310x310.jpg
€850,00

b8c3358a449cfc8f215f06f772f01ac2.image.310x310.jpg
€950,00

Hey - first time post looking for a bit of advice.

So what started off as a good Black Friday deal evolved into me looking at Fanatec bundles and F1 Cockpits lol I’ve since reigned myself in and decided on the original deal which was a Logitech G29 and a Playseat Revolution both for £350!

Seeing as it’s my first setup (I’ve never owned a racing wheel before) do you guys think I went for the right options? Mainly because of the price and the fact I might not like it?

I can still change both items as I haven’t received them yet (getting delivered today) but thought I’d run it past the experts before making my final decision.

Hey - first time post looking for a bit of advice.

So what started off as a good Black Friday deal evolved into me looking at Fanatec bundles and F1 Cockpits lol I’ve since reigned myself in and decided on the original deal which was a Logitech G29 and a Playseat Revolution both for £350!

Seeing as it’s my first setup (I’ve never owned a racing wheel before) do you guys think I went for the right options? Mainly because of the price and the fact I might not like it?

I can still change both items as I haven’t received them yet (getting delivered today) but thought I’d run it past the experts before making my final decision.
I don't think the g29 is great with gts but at least you know it will be reliable. pound for pound t150 is better option. But TM track record comes to question . The pedals are great though. But I think fanatec makes the most sense if the budget can support it .

has anyone here bought from custom cockpits? ordered from there last friday, and still waiting. just want to figure out if they are legit or not since this silence on their side is not acceptable.

when I placed the order, I was not charged VAT, received the confirmation of the order anyway. after that one person from there side sent me an email saying their system made the mistake with the VAT tax, if I wanted to proceed I needed to pay the tax. I replied saying that was no problem, they should proceed with the order and give me the bank details so I can pay the tax. a week has passed by already and they do not reply to nothing. curious thing is they charged me already more than 500 euros. I am pissed, I bought near to 2000 euros of fanatec gear and cannot use it without the cockpit.

the name of the person that contacted me is Jesús Maroto but neither him or info@ are replying.

Guys quick question for anyone who may know..

Does anyone think this rear seat frame from GT Omega would be compatible with my Next Level Racing wheel stand?

https://www.gtomegaracing.com/rear-seat-frame

https://www.nextlevelracing.com/products/next-level-racing-wheel-stand/

I've just been using a X-Rocker Rally chair with the stand until now but have a Corbeau car bucket seat that I could hopefully mount onto my stand if the GT Omega frame fits it ok. My seat is just that little bit too high for my current set-up or I wouldn't bother. The official seat & extension frame for the NLR stand is at least £400 so I've never had the money. That frame is only £60 so if everything fits then it would be the cheap but hopefully still effective option!

cheers guys :)

Does anyone think this rear seat frame from GT Omega would be compatible with my Next Level Racing wheel stand?

I've just been using a X-Rocker Rally chair with the stand until now but have a Corbeau car bucket seat that I could hopefully mount onto my stand if the GT Omega frame fits it ok. My seat is just that little bit too high for my current set-up or I wouldn't bother. The official seat & extension frame for the NLR stand is at least £400 so I've never had the money. That frame is only £60 so if everything fits then it would be the cheap but hopefully still effective option!

Not sure what you mean by"if the frame fits"? From what I can see(I don't own the wheelstand) the next level was not designed for an add-on seat.
You probably could make a trip to a hardware store find something to make it work

Looking at it im not sure how you think it would connect up?

I'll be getting a Sim lab p1 soon and selling my gt ultimate V2 rig probably splitting the wheelstand and back section if you are interested. Will come with the flight pack add-on and swivel mouse/keyboard attachment both £50 each normally. PM me for details if interested price will be much lower than buying new.

What are you calling compatible? Will the seat base fit directly to your rig? Or will you be able to use the rear seat frame and not attach? Height?

I would be more concerned about the seat fitting the rear seat frame.

What are you calling compatible? Will the seat base fit directly to your rig? Or will you be able to use the rear seat frame and not attach? Height?

I think that seat base that was linked would have to be attached to something otherwise you would fall over going around a corner LOL

Not sure what you mean by"if the frame fits"? From what I can see(I don't own the wheelstand) the next level was not designed for an add-on seat.
You probably could make a trip to a hardware store find something to make it work

That's what I was wondering. It is designed to have an add-on but outside of the official (normally too expensive for me one) I wondered if anyone had any experience of fitting this much cheaper yet very similar in design to the proper one seen in the fully connected NLR rig.

Looking at it im not sure how you think it would connect up?

I'll be getting a Sim lab p1 soon and selling my gt ultimate V2 rig probably splitting the wheelstand and back section if you are interested. Will come with the flight pack add-on and swivel mouse/keyboard attachment both £50 each normally. PM me for details if interested price will be much lower than buying new.

Cheers, it will probably be outside my price range but I will & thanks.

You're right that could end up just as much an issue. I'd need to phone them up & ask them. Maybe it's a case of just taking measurements. The place that sells them I noticed is fairly local to me in Glasgow which helps.

I think that seat base that was linked would have to be attached to something otherwise you would fall over going around a corner LOL

To be honest I don't normally move around too much when going around corners so as long as the base is stable enough (& fits my seat OK) it may not end up even needing to be properly attached to the wheel stand.

Thanks for your reply guys. I may give them a call & see what they suggest. I won't be buying their stand or anything else (other than the rear base) as I've already got a good stand/potentially mountable chair I like & have already splashed the cash on.

Last edited:
I know I’m new here, but I had my brother weld some bars on both sides of my gt omega wheel stand to support more weight. He also went ahead and welded the stand where it would fold so I no longer can do that. So far so good with using an accuforce v2 and t3pa pro with bodin load cell.

Attachments

• AA586BF6-E4AB-4F76-B36B-9BE155AC4F8E.jpeg
    AA586BF6-E4AB-4F76-B36B-9BE155AC4F8E.jpeg
    87.5 KB · Views: 102
I know I’m new here, but I had my brother weld some bars on both sides of my gt omega wheel stand to support more weight. He also went ahead and welded the stand where it would fold so I no longer can do that. So far so good with using an accuforce v2 and t3pa pro with bodin load cell.
Looks nice and I bet it is a lot stronger, any reason why you have the bracket on the t3pa pros folded down? Was that just to give you room to weld?

To turn one of them into an analogue handbrake.

Wouldn't mind having an extra one for rally games myself.

I only ever use mine for handbrake (for rally games) & only ever want to use paddles for gears. In other words permanently in sequential whilst the H gate plate gathers dust.

Seems obvious now. Just because I only need one shifter I suppose. Couldn't justify buying a 2nd one for nothing.

Nice setup though OP. 👍 Looks weird having handbrake on right for me but hey. Lol

Last edited:
I only ever use mine for handbrake (for rally games) & only ever want to use paddles for gears. In other words permanently in sequential whilst the H gate plate gathers dust.

Seems obvious now. Just because I only need one shifter I suppose. Couldn't justify buying a 2nd one for nothing.

Nice setup though OP. 👍 Looks weird having handbrake on right for me but hey. Lol

Hey, I have both TH8As in sequential mode.
I have problems clicking the right paddles while having a high steering angle.
The advantage of the TH8A is that it is always on the same positiion.

Thats why I drive with two shifters.

Hey, I have both TH8As in sequential mode.
I have problems clicking the right paddles while having a high steering angle.
The advantage of the TH8A is that it is always on the same positiion.

Thats why I drive with two shifters.

I see, that makes perfect sense actually. I've got a next level wheel stand & even using my shifter in sequential as a handbrake I wish it was closer to the wheel.

Do you or anyone else know if I can buy a super long gear knob to attach to the TH8A so that I can reach it easier for handbrake use?

Edit: even that one you've got in the video would be an improvement. I'm in the UK but what should I be searching for roughly?

I see, that makes perfect sense actually. I've got a next level wheel stand & even using my shifter in sequential as a handbrake I wish it was closer to the wheel.

Do you or anyone else know if I can buy a super long gear knob to attach to the TH8A so that I can reach it easier for handbrake use?

Edit: even that one you've got in the video would be an improvement. I'm in the UK but what should I be searching for roughly?
I bet with a hardware store and some trial and error you can make a beer tap handle work

Here is a long shift knob for the TH8A.
https://m.ebay.com/itm/Gearshift-Kn...RS-TH8A-Handcrafted-/182756785958?_mwBanner=1

Back