Wheel Stands, Racing Rigs Cockpits, Pedals, Wheels. Master List

• Thread starter SGETI
  • 1,155 comments
Just ordered a BBJ button box.
I changed the shiftknob. I had this universal shiftknob before
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Kode-Londo...754216?hash=item4d624de668:g:YH0AAOSwwe9ZpZEQ

This knob was much longer but is not intended for the TH8A.

Maybe you should wait for the Thrustmaster TSSH Sparco shifter / handbrake.
I changed the shiftknob. I had this universal shiftknob before
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Kode-Londo...754216?hash=item4d624de668:g:YH0AAOSwwe9ZpZEQ

This knob was much longer but is not intended for the TH8A.

Maybe you should wait for the Thrustmaster TSSH Sparco shifter / handbrake.

To be honest I'm on a tight budget & just replacing the gearstick is all I can sadly afford! So would that universal long black K gearstick fit my TH8A shifter ok then? Are you saying you've changed it again after you made that video to the other silver one on eBay you previously linked or..?

Also are you on console or PC BTW RaceFace? I'm just on PS4.

Last edited:
To be honest I'm on a tight budget & just replacing the gearstick is all I can sadly afford! So would that universal long black K gearstick fit my TH8A shifter ok then? Are you saying you've changed it again after you made that video to the other silver one on eBay you previously linked or..?

Also are you on console or PC BTW RaceFace? I'm just on PS4.

Yes, the universal shift knob fits for the TH8A with the smallest adapter. I had the silver adapter only a few days. It was looking to tiny. Size does matter...

Right now this is my current shift knob.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/eBayISAPI.dll/272030490627?_mwBanner=1
This knob is really long. The only problem is that the adapter fits so tight that you will never get thr knob off tge stick again. If you try to remove it you will twist the whole stick off the TH8A. The good thing is that it will never get loose.

Tomorrow I will get a vacuum hose to make the stick of the TH8A a bit thicker. At tge moment it is looking really stupid. A really big knob on a thin stick.

I tried out some shift knobs the last days.

I play on PS4.

Yes, the universal shift knob fits for the TH8A with the smallest adapter. I had the silver adapter only a few days. It was looking to tiny. Size does matter...

Right now this is my current shift knob.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/eBayISAPI.dll/272030490627?_mwBanner=1
This knob is really long. The only problem is that the adapter fits so tight that you will never get thr knob off tge stick again. If you try to remove it you will twist the whole stick off the TH8A. The good thing is that it will never get loose.

Tomorrow I will get a vacuum hose to make the stick of the TH8A a bit thicker. At tge moment it is looking really stupid. A really big knob on a thin stick.

I tried out some shift knobs the last days.

I play on PS4.

Well looks like the second K one with the universal adaptor will do us perfectly & be significantly bigger than the stock one. My hand just has to reach that bit too far to pull it ATM.

What stand are you using BTW & what is that thing on the left with all the multi function buttons? I saw that & assumed you were on PC. I didn't think there was the need for so many buttons on console!

Since you're on PS4 feel free to add us if you like Raceface 👍

Well looks like the second K one with the universal adaptor will do us perfectly & be significantly bigger than the stock one. My hand just has to reach that bit too far to pull it ATM.

What stand are you using BTW & what is that thing on the left with all the multi function buttons? I saw that & assumed you were on PC. I didn't think there was the need for so many buttons on console!

Since you're on PS4 feel free to add us if you like Raceface 👍

It is a Wheelstand Pro. A GoPro holder by RAM Mount with some extensions is holding the USB Numpad with selfmade Stickers on it. Project CARS 1 and 2 on PS4 has too many functions for a wheel or gamepad.

Here are a few pictures.
DSC_0275.JPG DSC_0282.JPG DSC_0270.JPG DSC_0286.JPG

It is a Wheelstand Pro. A GoPro holder by RAM Mount with some extensions is holding the USB Numpad with selfmade Stickers on it. Project CARS 1 and 2 on PS4 has too many functions for a wheel or gamepad.

Here are a few pictures.
View attachment 708888 View attachment 708889 View attachment 708890 View attachment 708891

Quality set up matey. Cheers for pal invite. Project Cars 2 or GT Sport then? Just picked up WRC7 BTW. Pretty decent for a 30 FPS title. If I'd a PS Pro I'd be expecting more maybe. Still a big Assetto Corsa fan on PS4 myself. I think the handling is best on that overall. Feels most like driving an actual car for my money.

Last edited:
So many questions...

1) When can we expect the review?
2) How did you secure the button box?
3) Is your Challenge still foldable!?
4) Lastly, but most important of all, what were daan and Famine playing?? :D
1. Soon (later this week)
2. A cheap RAM type mount from amazon, angle brackets and minor DIY (will photograph it tonight)
3. Its certainly is
4. GTS

So many questions...

1) When can we expect the review?
2) How did you secure the button box?
3) Is your Challenge still foldable!?
4) Lastly, but most important of all, what were daan and Famine playing?? :D
Here's the photos of how it mounted.

IMG_20180130_195323.jpg

IMG_20180130_195257.jpg

IMG_20180130_195252.jpg

IMG_20180130_195247.jpg

All taken when the rig was folded.

Video of it is rendering right now, so should be ready in around an hour or so.

Done:

Last edited:
Just ordered myself a NLR Motion bundle on the other side of the Northsea. Somewhere around Wednesday I can expect the package(s). HYPED!! -- yes midlife age ;) --
I wanted to help the UK friends a bit and it saves me a couple of hundred Euro's (kind of Dutch treat). At least that is what I told my lovely wife.

Probably* I will sell my Playseat Alcantara, brand new Buttkicker Gamer 2 later on. Or I will donate it to my 17yr son? If he for one time volunteers to do the dishes...

EDIT: funny English ;) I tried to boost the UK economy but they (Overclockers.co.uk) cancelled the order because the package was too large to ship to the Netherlands. And prior to finalizing my order I had an extra phone call to ask if logistics was not an issue. "Absolutely not sir, you can order and we will deliver around Wednesday". Well then not. Although still a very competitive price.

I placed a new order locally (mardomedia.nl) and I could come to pick up the packages immediately. All the gear is in the house right now. YES! Happy man over here.

Now building all the lego together and boost this new Simgear. Wish me luck I need it.

Last edited:
L

Here are a few pictures.
View attachment 708888 View attachment 708889 View attachment 708890 View attachment 708891

Looks good!

I've tried setting up a USB numpad on my PS4 too for PCars2, but when I press #4, the camera look left, #6 looks right, del and backspace don't seem to do anything, even though I've mapped them in game for seat position and wipers. Any way to fix this?

L

Looks good!

I've tried setting up a USB numpad on my PS4 too for PCars2, but when I press #4, the camera look left, #6 looks right, del and backspace don't seem to do anything, even though I've mapped them in game for seat position and wipers. Any way to fix this?
Not that I ever found when I used one.

I have heard that pads with number lock can resolve it, but I've never tried it myself.

L

Looks good!

You have to turn off Num Lock. That's all.

Just to confirm that the NLR motion simulator and GT Ultimate chair combo is a lot of money (for my wallet) but absolutely worth every penny. On RD received some good setup advise 👍

The unit is very very quiet which is a another pro besides all the obvious funfactor elements. Each time a smile from ear to ear :lol:

I just purchased the Logitech G29 wheel love the wheel. I then purchased GT Sport, Project cars2, and Assetto Corsa for ps4. Now my next thing is the rig. I can’t seem to make up my mind on which one I should get. Let me elaborate. The choices are Rseat RS1, Next Level Racing F1GT or the GTultimate v2. I really like the Rs1 but the F1GT is budget. What do you guys think?

I just purchased the Logitech G29 wheel love the wheel. I then purchased GT Sport, Project cars2, and Assetto Corsa for ps4. Now my next thing is the rig. I can’t seem to make up my mind on which one I should get. Let me elaborate. The choices are Rseat RS1, Next Level Racing F1GT or the GTultimate v2. I really like the Rs1 but the F1GT is budget. What do you guys think?
None of the above, if you are considering an RSeat RS1 a prebuilt 80/20 rig is much, much sturdier for less and also infinitely more adjustable to get just right for you.

Sim-Lab do some great stuff for Europe and other continents have similar stuff and it will honestly be the last rig you ever need no matter what wheel/pedals you upgrade too.

Hey guys. New guy here. I'm based in London, UK.

Was just wondering what Wheel Stands have people bought that DONT require drilling a third hole as I'm not a handyman. I just want to buy it and set it up.

I'm not bothered about whether it'll attach to a chair or a full on gaming rig. As I said I'm new so I'm not looking to go the full distance until late 2018 when I decide to build my PC as well.

I'm on PS4 Pro w/ GT Sport and I'm ordering the Fanatec CSL Elite PS4 Base & Wheel. Also the Elite Pedals with the LC Kit.
All feedback is much appreciated.

Jay.

Hello,
Recently, 3 months now, got a t300rs GT. Worked great. I decide to try the brake mod but didn’t like it very much, so I took it off. A few days went by after that, then I went on to play and noticed I was missing corners often and thought I had to get used to no brake mod. It was worse than I thought, brake not responding at all!! GONE.... gas and clutch are intact. Started the Thrustmaster process by e-mail but was slow so I called and talked to a rep. She was very nice and told me what to do, same as anyone else with problems. So I did and shipped it to them. The whole process took 8 working days!! Pretty good. Got it back on the last day of esports f1 qualifying event, great.
Bzzz, wrong, try again.... all that and STILL no brake!!!!!!!!!!!! Already contacted and was asked to update firmware before another RMA!!!!! But in my experience, if something is damaged, an update will not fix it. Has anybody had a similar problem and if so, what was done or else, any suggestion on what might be happening. Got confirmation that ( like I thought) potentiometer was replaced. Remember, gas and clutch are still working fine?????
Thank you for any help

2 things for this thread

Number 1 I’m looking to purchase a gt omega racing cockpit not sure yet on pro/art cockpit (most likely art as I don’t think I need the rest of the features the pro has)
If anyone on here does own this could they give me some pointers anything I need to worry about or consider whether ergonomically, physically and or general wear and tear, how to build it maybe I’ve heard instructions are useless.
I don’t know what else could come into it
I’m gonna have my thrustmaster t500rs and t3pa pedals mounted to it possibly th8a gear lever in the future
No tv mount needed

Also looking to sell my wheel stand pro V2 nothing wrong with it just want an upgrade really if anyone on here is interested in purchasing one let me know (message me on here for further details)
I’m in the UK

2 things for this thread

Number 1 I’m looking to purchase a gt omega racing cockpit not sure yet on pro/art cockpit (most likely art as I don’t think I need the rest of the features the pro has)
If anyone on here does own this could they give me some pointers anything I need to worry about or consider whether ergonomically, physically and or general wear and tear, how to build it maybe I’ve heard instructions are useless.
I don’t know what else could come into it
I’m gonna have my thrustmaster t500rs and t3pa pedals mounted to it possibly th8a gear lever in the future
No tv mount needed

Also looking to sell my wheel stand pro V2 nothing wrong with it just want an upgrade really if anyone on here is interested in purchasing one let me know (message me on here for further details)
I’m in the UK
Had my omega for a couple of years now. Sturdy, does the job and quite easy to add to, my only gripe is that the racing seat is not comfortable, at all. But i have read of people using the seat frame with actual car seats so il be doing that. Get it mate, its a good price, well made, not too big, adaptable and they have excellent customer service.

Had my omega for a couple of years now. Sturdy, does the job and quite easy to add to, my only gripe is that the racing seat is not comfortable, at all. But i have read of people using the seat frame with actual car seats so il be doing that. Get it mate, its a good price, well made, not too big, adaptable and they have excellent customer service.
Thanks that’s good then, Sounds good to me
What about the seat is a problem is it the size or something like that or how like firm it is
Also which seat did you get the rs6 or rs9 I’m 5ft 7ish so I imagine the 6 would be fine but also feel like getting the 9 would be better for guests aha

Back