Wheel Stands, Racing Rigs Cockpits, Pedals, Wheels. Master List

• Thread starter SGETI
  • 1,139 comments
Putting my diy cockpit to good use... 😊

Whoever is interested, might have a look tonight... how I’m spinning! 😂

https://discord.gg/qJYWesxW

I’ll be driving a Porsche in rookie like neon green colors, mostly at the end of the pack!
:D

edit: amazing stuff! Second online race and this! :D

Last edited:
Wondering if anyone can help. I have a Wheelstand Pro and currently use it with a Thrustmaster T-300 RS attached. I'm wondering whether this wheelstand would be able to handle the Fanatec DD Pro - for either fitting or the forces that it produces also?!

Thanks in advance.

Wondering if anyone can help. I have a Wheelstand Pro and currently use it with a Thrustmaster T-300 RS attached. I'm wondering whether this wheelstand would be able to handle the Fanatec DD Pro - for either fitting or the forces that it produces also?!

Thanks in advance.

In the past I used the exact setup as you. I remember there was movement of the wheelstand during heated driving. The base was not 100% stiff. You will a need a rock solid base for a DD drive and the Wheelstand Pro does not qualify.

In the past I used the exact setup as you. I remember there was movement of the wheelstand during heated driving. The base was not 100% stiff. You will a need a rock solid base for a DD drive and the Wheelstand Pro does not qualify.
Ok thanks for the response. I was afraid that would be the answer. Unfortunately that’s the only thing that works for me. No room for a real rig!

The GTOmega Apex wheelstand might work. I use the slightly lesser version, the 'Classic' with a TGT-2 which supposedly is more powerful than the base DD Pro (without boost kit). I have a small amount of flex during more intense maneuvers but I believe the Apex would do away with that.

Quick question, id assume the answer is yes but good to know or confirm
Looking at GT Omega prime cockpit or trakracer not sure which version but the aluminium cockpits

I want to know if the attachments for each can be fitted to one or the other
i assume they are interchangeable

also would a gt omega seat fit into a track racer cockpit, anyone tried used or know this?

I ordered a Next Level Racing GT Lite lawn chair a few days ago. Its replacing a GTOmega wheelstand which is now called the Wheel Stand classic but its extremely wobbly and squeeky after a lot of use even with all bolts tightened. I'll be using a T300 on it

does anyone know if the base t300 rim works on the ts pc servo base?
It should. To my knowledge, all Thrustmaster rims are compatible with all Thrustmaster wheel bases that support interchangeable rims.

Probably discussed a million times, but would people recommend this F-GT with the Fanatec DD Pro (with Load Cell)?

I have a GT Omega stand at present and already see I need to upgrade.

Or will this suffice?

Good morning @R55NA The picture did not load for the F-GT and some people may not know it is a Next Level product. https://nextlevelracing.com/ Now maybe someone who has owned this rig or products from Next Level can respond.

I have a GT Omega stand at present and already see I need to upgrade.
Why do you see a need to upgrade? Size , stability, or lack of stability, or is your current rig broken. If you think you may need to upgrade for stability reasons while using a DD wheel, then I think the above ART Sim has more stability than F-GT based upon the two vertical supports on the wheel deck. I would still pass on both the ART and F-GT if using a DD wheel.

What is your budget? For close to the same amount have you looked into aluminum 80/20. Rock solid, no wobble, and the proper rigid base for a DD wheel. https://sim-lab.eu/shop/product/slc001-gt1-evo-sim-racing-cockpit-446?category=138#attr=

Good morning @R55NA The picture did not load for the F-GT and some people may not know it is a Next Level product. https://nextlevelracing.com/ Now maybe someone who has owned this rig or products from Next Level can respond.

Why do you see a need to upgrade? Size , stability, or lack of stability, or is your current rig broken. If you think you may need to upgrade for stability reasons while using a DD wheel, then I think the above ART Sim has more stability than F-GT based upon the two vertical supports on the wheel deck. I would still pass on both the ART and F-GT if using a DD wheel.

What is your budget? For close to the same amount have you looked into aluminum 80/20. Rock solid, no wobble, and the proper rigid base for a DD wheel. https://sim-lab.eu/shop/product/slc001-gt1-evo-sim-racing-cockpit-446?category=138#attr=
I bought a Trak Racer T80-Lite ($599) for $200 cheaper than I can get a F-GT ($799) in Australia, and I use a Mk7 Golf seat with it that cost me about $100 from car wreckers, and there is no comparison between these 2 when it comes to adjustability, rigidity and comfort, the T80-Lite wins hands down across the board.

Hey everyone, I got a playseat challenge and wanted to upgrade because I see the limit of it finally since I upgrade to a dd wheel.

I'm in europe and looking for a good rig with a seat and a support for one screen for 900 euro max (I dont really need shifter support but it would be nice if included. Any suggestions ?

Does anyone have the OPLITE GTR Elite Racing Cockpit is it decent ? Or should I go for something like a proper aluminium 80/20 like the GT omega prime series (similar to simlab but with accessories included already) ?

Hey everyone, I got a playseat challenge and wanted to upgrade because I see the limit of it finally since I upgrade to a dd wheel.

I'm in europe and looking for a good rig with a seat and a support for one screen for 900 euro max (I dont really need shifter support but it would be nice if included. Any suggestions ?

Does anyone have the OPLITE GTR Elite Racing Cockpit is it decent ? Or should I go for something like a proper aluminium 80/20 like the GT omega prime series (similar to simlab but with accessories included already) ?
I have the Trakracer TR80 which is an 80/20 Rig and can't fault it :)

Thanks in advance.
The T300 is a max of 3.9Nm and the DD Pro is 5Nm with the default power supply. I'd say the wheelstand would handle the 5Nm DD Pro at a purely functional level (I know people who use the 6Nm CSL Elite on a Wheelstand Pro) but the issue I have is that all that wonderful DD fidelity will be lost as the DD Pro dances about on the top of that single support arm.

So I'd say it would work - but why bother? Save your money for a time when you have a more permanent sim setup.

The T300 is a max of 3.9Nm and the DD Pro is 5Nm with the default power supply. I'd say the wheelstand would handle the 5Nm DD Pro at a purely functional level (I know people who use the 6Nm CSL Elite on a Wheelstand Pro) but the issue I have is that all that wonderful DD fidelity will be lost as the DD Pro dances about on the top of that single support arm.

So I'd say it would work - but why bother? Save your money for a time when you have a more permanent sim setup.
Thanks for that and yes a good point. My issue is that I’ll never be able to get a proper sim rig as am I lounge gamer at heart.

Also have a family and not got a spare room for the kit. Would love a decent rig though - maybe when the kids move out 😁

Thanks for your input though, appreciated.

My experience thus far as a newcomer to sim racing:

I knew I would enjoy it, but I did not know how much. My background is more "adrenaline" sports than motorsports, although I have owned/ridden motorcycles for the past 30+ years. My last experience with "sim racing" was an arcade game from the 90s.

My thought process was:
>Motorcycles are increasingly dangerous to ride on public roads>>
>But I still like "spirited" driving/riding>>
>Maybe I will try that karting thing, that looks like fun>>
>Wow, that requires a lot of time/money just to get to the track>>
>Wait, what is this link to boosted media?>>

6 months later and I am in a mid-life crisis :)

My point of all this is that I wish I would have been honest with myself about how much I knew I would enjoy it, even though I had NEVER been in a sim rig and had no experience with motorsports other than a casual spectator. Had I been honest with myself, I would have bought once, cried once...that is to say, I would have gone straight for the good stuff rather than fiddle around with less expensive alternatives.

Some things I have noticed that I did not come across before buying:
1. The difference between a direct drive and my G29, from a simulation perspective, is like the difference between using a wheel vs. a controller. The G29 experience is almost comical after using a direct drive. The difference between pedals is even more pronounced going from G29 pedals to Fanatec V3.
2. The entire household knows when I am using the G29. It is loud, it vibrates, it resonates through walls and floors. In contrast, the direct drive is MUCH quieter, even though it has substantial torque.
3. From just the perspective of immersion, investing in better rig, wheel base, wheel, and pedals has yielded better results than investing in better displays. Better displays (dedicated gaming monitor rather than a TV) has made me faster as I can see braking points from further away, but a good TV was still very immersive.
4. If I compare hours enjoying hobby vs. dollars spent on said hobby, sim racing has given me better bang for my buck than motorcycles. It is just really easy to find an hour and escape to the sim rig.

I post this mostly for the lurkers - guys like me who research for months before committing.

Is G29 good wheel and pedals for GT7 ? Will be my first wheel
My experience is that the G29 is better than a controller for a sense of realism. Even for a non-gamer, the G29 was easy to set up in GT7 and has worked for me fine when playing. I have used it to play a number of racing games on the PS console.

In my experience, the G29 was unusable in ACC until I made significant changes to the settings. The same happened in ACC when I switched to a direct drive - only took a few minutes to figure out what works in ACC. Needing to tweak settings in each game to suit your style should be expected, it's just that in ACC I literally could not drive the car until I made a lot of changes.

Regardless of what wheel/pedal combination I have used, the experience has been heavily dependent on what I had it mounted to. You will want both mounted to something as rigid and immovable as possible.

Will the g29 work out the box on the ps5 for gt7? Do I need to get a converter or anything like that?

I’m thinking of mounting it on a NLR wheel stand racer. I understand there are better options but I want something to get my feet wet and the storability/portability is a huge factor for me. This will be ok right?

Will the g29 work out the box on the ps5 for gt7? Do I need to get a converter or anything like that?

I’m thinking of mounting it on a NLR wheel stand racer. I understand there are better options but I want something to get my feet wet and the storability/portability is a huge factor for me. This will be ok right?
Mine worked out of the box on both the PS4 and PS5; plug and play into any USB slot on the console.

You may find yourself turning down the force feedback with that wheel stand, so much so that it kind of defeats the purpose of having a force feedback wheel (unless it can be bolted to the floor). Have you considered one of those rigs that is like a stow-away lawn chair? I have not used one personally, but as a G29 user, that design seems far more capable of withstanding higher force feedback - if for no other reason than one uses the passive weight of your entire body for stability vs. the stand that only uses the passive weight of your legs.

Although the wheel stand may cost less, you may only get 50% of the experience you paid for in the wheel.

Mine worked out of the box on both the PS4 and PS5; plug and play into any USB slot on the console.

You may find yourself turning down the force feedback with that wheel stand, so much so that it kind of defeats the purpose of having a force feedback wheel (unless it can be bolted to the floor). Have you considered one of those rigs that is like a stow-away lawn chair? I have not used one personally, but as a G29 user, that design seems far more capable of withstanding higher force feedback - if for no other reason than one uses the passive weight of your entire body for stability vs. the stand that only uses the passive weight of your legs.

Although the wheel stand may cost less, you may only get 50% of the experience you paid for in the wheel.
I have considered it but I don’t have the space. This wheel stand seems pretty sturdy and the reviews didn’t raise an issue with that level of ffb. Ofc I wouldn’t put a dd wheel on that, but a g29 should do fine. I hope.

I have considered it but I don’t have the space. This wheel stand seems pretty sturdy and the reviews didn’t raise an issue with that level of ffb. Ofc I wouldn’t put a dd wheel on that, but a g29 should do fine. I hope.
I fully understand. Space can be an issue.

When I set up my DD wheel, I assumed it would be a lot more "aggressive" on the equipment. The reality is that due to the different drive systems, the DD drive I have is far smoother and less "aggressive" on the stand. The DD is much heavier, but smooth.

I fully understand. Space can be an issue.

When I set up my DD wheel, I assumed it would be a lot more "aggressive" on the equipment. The reality is that due to the different drive systems, the DD drive I have is far smoother and less "aggressive" on the stand. The DD is much heavier, but smooth.
That’s good to know. Maybe I’ll upgrade in the future when I get more space.

In the meantime I realised the NLR wheel stand lite allows to change the pedals angle and there’s some sort of upgrade path to make it a full rig so I’ll go with that.

I’m also considering the T248. I can get the T248 for 300 euros and the G29 for 250 euros. Both new. So I may go with the T248.

It’s time for an update. So long I’ve been craving for a real GT wheel and now I’m fulfilling my dream! 😊

4DF0CFDD-EF12-47E5-9BDC-641EFA21E7C3.jpeg

my new (used) wheel arrived this week! For two nights I was busy disassembling a lot of parts, cleaning them and putting everything back together. For me, this is all part of the sim racing ride I’m enjoying so much.
I had a quick run for like 30 minutes last night with it, but I will test this more detailed this weekend. Just last night… it felt so good in hands.
Happy racer here. 😍🤗

D457166A-A3A9-4A6F-BF9A-565B0C452B24.jpeg

Thanks in advance.
Some good info in here.

I have this same setup right now. While the WSP + T300RS works fine, I just wanted to plan ahead in case I wanted to upgrade down the road. As well as stability, I wonder if the WSP baseplate mounting holes would be compatible with the DD Pro? Looks like if I do upgrade, I might have to get a new wheel stand as well... something like the Next Level Racing Wheel Stand looks sturdy and small enough for my space limitations. 🤔

Last edited:
Looking to upgrade my current setup below and hoping for some advice.

Sim-Lab GT1 Evo
Thrustmaster TS-PC Racer with Ferrari 488 320mm rim
My old G27 Shifter and Pedals
Cheap Ebay handbrake
15 Button Stream Deck

Mainly looking to upgrade to a Direct drive Wheelbase with an allrounder rim for Formula/GT/Prototypes, plus a round rim for older cars and rally. I'd also like a sequential shifter and handbrake for rallying . . . and load cell brakes

I've been thinking of the following

SC2 Pro - not sure on rims GSI GXL Pro looks nice but also massive.
Heuskinveld Sprints - load cell sounds a little light at 64Kg max. Lots of boutique pedal options out there now :boggled:
SG Racing Shifter/Handbrake Combo
H-Shifter - No idea what to get but Fanatec seems too unreliable
Apex SR Button box to hold my Stream Deck, or a DSD buttonbox

I'm hoping the GT1 Evo is enough to cope with the Simucube because Im quite happy with it, P1-X type rig seems overkill. Many thanks

Last edited:
Back