Wheel Stands, Racing Rigs Cockpits, Pedals, Wheels. Master List

• Thread starter SGETI
  • 1,139 comments
I’ve got the RSeat S1 and I like it for quick seat and pedal slider adjustability so others can try this sim world. However, it isn’t rigid for the wheel base even after welding an upright into the frame. So my next rig may not be very [quickly] adjustable but it will be extruded aluminum. There’s got to be compatibility with those? They can’t be the 90kg that my S1 is.
Here in the U.S.A. for an aluminum extruded rig the best priced unit by far is the GT Omega Prime and here their price includes free shipping while other options you generally have to add in shipping charges to their pricing as well.

Do not even think about the extra shipping cost from Europe as many of the overseas companies do not have a U.S.A. based distribution point. I saw delivery charges for overseas delivery run from about $150-$300 to my zip codes and some of those companies were saying it could be a 6 week lead time before the product would even ship.

Also accessories from other companies such as mouse and keyboard trays, some monitor mounts or shifter plates, buttkicker and speaker mounts and so forth all will work on the GT Prime rig as well.
One thing I think you do want to do though is order some of the extra channel nuts from GT Omega as those sizes are not standard between all extrusion brands.

I have read and watched reviews on different rigs for the last couple of years and here in this country I just feel the prime is the best value for that type of rig. I came close to pulling the trigger just decided it was overkill for my use.

@PRO_TOO
In my quest to figure out if a 55 inch was good for me, I temporarily swapped out my sons 55” TV to see how it looked. In doing so, I dropped my relatively new Samsung 49NU8000, so my research had to escalate into an immediate procurement. I chose a 55”Hisense U8G which has every bell and whistle including 120Hz, VRR, Dolby Vision, etc., for a very decent price but no respectable curved options. Got it as close to my rig as possible and the FOV seems better. The calculator says FoV is 70 which is rumored to be what GTS is set. Hard to see in pics but my hand is resting on my seatback exactly the same in each pic.
I noticed the U8G model too, when I was looking for cheap 120hz screens. How is you setup working out these days?
i wish I could change FOV settings in ACC on PS5, but I keep on moving the TV itself to find the correct distance. :D

Last edited:
So I am looking to finally upgrade. I have a PS3 and a Logitech G25 that I have used with GT3, 4, 5, Prologue, and 6 (used controller with 1 and 2).

Then I see this on Amazon today:

1624990495798.png

Too funny.

Anyhow, should I do
  • PS5 or PS4
  • Logitech or Thrustmaster
  • GT Sport or wait and keep using 5/6
Also, do PS4 or PS5 allow 3 screens, and if so do you still need 3 GT games on 3 PS consoles?

Last edited:
I noticed the U8G model too, when I was looking for cheap 120hz screens. How is you setup working out these days?
i wish I could change FOV settings in ACC on PS5, but I keep on moving the TV itself to find the correct distance. 😁
Hisense U8G (55”) checked every box but I noticed one deficiency so far. I see ghosting, shadowing or ‘rainbow’ effect. I noticed the cars ahead of me at times had kind of perimeter halo. Don’t notice it all the time, maybe there’s some adjustment I could make.
I can reproduce it on the tuning screen, for example, just by scrolling up or down. It’s clearly visible.

Last edited:
Hisense U8G (55”) checked every box but I noticed one deficiency so far. I see ghosting, shadowing or ‘rainbow’ effect. I noticed the cars ahead of me at times had kind of perimeter halo. Don’t notice it all the time, maybe there’s some adjustment I could make.
I can reproduce it on the tuning screen, for example, just by scrolling up or down. It’s clearly visible.
Have you tried this?

i don’t want you to live like that! :D

edit: oh it’s not a fix. It’s just failure search.

edit2: one user switched hdmi ports.

Last edited:
So I am looking to finally upgrade. I have a PS3 and a Logitech G25 that I have used with GT3, 4, 5, Prologue, and 6 (used controller with 1 and 2).

Then I see this on Amazon today:

View attachment 1063756

Too funny.

Anyhow, should I do
  • PS5 or PS4
  • Logitech or Thrustmaster
  • GT Sport or wait and keep using 5/6
Also, do PS4 or PS5 allow 3 screens, and if so do you still need 3 GT games on 3 PS consoles?
  • Seems a bit pointless to buy a PS4 at this late stage.
  • What is your budget?
  • GT Sport not comparable to traditional GT games - it is great for those who love online competition.
There is no triple screen support on PS4 or PS5.

The mother of all motion sim rigs? Didn’t think g-forces could be truly attained, but this one claims otherwise.

Are you a trust fund baby? Check this sphere out with 3 projectors.

Last edited:
So I got myself the F-GT Lite and a G29 wheel. Really happy with the purchase so far.

However, it doesn't seem the G29 screws into the mounting plate? Is the only way to use the wheel to clamp it down? There isn't a lot of resources online showing otherwise. Thanks!

EDIT: Ok it does screw in, it's just a bitch to get it done. I'll leave this up in case anyone else has this same issue, ha... >_>

Last edited:
Last edited:
Wow. I hope it's true. The 923 was a big disappointment.
Reading the translated link from Sweden if I am reading it right the new Logitech wheel will be priced like the TGT TM wheel which basically is priced (in the U.S.A anyway) in the same ballpark as the New Fanatec CSL DD wheel with pedals.

Why would you spend the basically the same amount of money on the Logitech or TM products that that would buy you the Fanatec DD setup?

Reading the translated link from Sweden if I am reading it right the new Logitech wheel will be priced like the TGT TM wheel which basically is priced (in the U.S.A anyway) in the same ballpark as the New Fanatec CSL DD wheel with pedals.

Why would you spend the basically the same amount of money on the Logitech or TM products that that would buy you the Fanatec DD setup?
Just like i've said to a redditor this morning:

THAT
IS
THE
GUESS
OF
WRITERS

They say they are predicting the wheel to be priced that way. Translation:

"we have no other info other than this photo so here's a filler sentence for you that's come out of our ass"

No offense to you. I just wanted to make it clear for future people that'll translate that site.

I'm not sure how the wheel even fits into the box.

A regular door hinge like the one in the background of the image, is four inches tall. Plain skirting boards of the type common throughout Europe are three inches. Adjusting for perspective, that makes the boxes approximately nine inches tall and deep.

A G923 rim is eleven inches in diameter, so simply cannot fit in any orientation, and from hub to tail the base is ten inches deep. And then there's the much larger pedal box to fit in among the other things that already don't...

Unless it's a considerably smaller unit, the boxes don't look right at all. I mean, we'll keep an eye out, but this on its own doesn't initially appear to be enough to base any GTP article on without more information.

Last edited:
Oh hell yeah definitely avoid this rumor for now. There isn't ANY info out there right now. Seems suspect. I could barely find that article. This doesn't seem anywhere near solid at the moment.

Just wanted to spice up the conversation.

Last edited:

If the price tag will be this high, certainly don't worth it. But it's only rumors for now. Let's wait for it. And here in Brazil Fanatec things has absurd prices. Logitech is much lower prices than other brands because they are registered as a Brazilian brand too. Importation here is so taxed that transforms Fanatec in high luxury brand.

I'm looking to upgrade from a wheel stand. These are the two rigs that caught my eye but I'm unsure if I should pull the trigger or not. The GT Lite looks more appealing but it will take much longer to get here. And the Challenge doesn't come with a mount for the shifter, I rarely use my shifter but I still want the option.

Next Level Racing GT Lite
Playseat Challenge

I would be open to any other suggestions. They don't have to be foldable like the other two, I just liked the prices.

I liked the stand when I was getting the hang of the wheel but it’s too much of a distraction now. This is how I currently stop it from moving too much.

Last edited:
Didn't expect to get anything new for my racing "rig", but my wife felt like I needed a chair since I moved houses.

Attachments

• 20211127_204022.jpg
    20211127_204022.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 48
  • 20211127_204034.jpg
    20211127_204034.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 50
Back