Wheel Stands, Racing Rigs Cockpits, Pedals, Wheels. Master List

• Thread starter SGETI
  • 1,156 comments
Looking to upgrade my current setup below and hoping for some advice.

Sim-Lab GT1 Evo
Thrustmaster TS-PC Racer with Ferrari 488 320mm rim
My old G27 Shifter and Pedals
Cheap Ebay handbrake
15 Button Stream Deck

Mainly looking to upgrade to a Direct drive Wheelbase with an allrounder rim for Formula/GT/Prototypes, plus a round rim for older cars and rally. I'd also like a sequential shifter and handbrake for rallying . . . and load cell brakes

I've been thinking of the following

SC2 Pro - not sure on rims GSI GXL Pro looks nice but also massive.
Heuskinveld Sprints - load cell sounds a little light at 64Kg max. Lots of boutique pedal options out there now :boggled:
SG Racing Shifter/Handbrake Combo
H-Shifter - No idea what to get but Fanatec seems too unreliable
Apex SR Button box to hold my Stream Deck, or a DSD buttonbox

I'm hoping the GT1 Evo is enough to cope with the Simucube because Im quite happy with it, P1-X type rig seems overkill. Many thanks
Why the pro model, may I ask?!
sprints deliver. intuitive software. Good package.

are you interested in diy?

Heuskinveld Sprints - load cell sounds a little light at 64Kg max. Lots of boutique pedal options out there now :boggled:
64kg is plenty - effectively pressing the weight of an average woman with one leg and doing in many times per lap, lap after lap. No-one wants repetitive strain due to sim racing.

Last edited:
Looking to upgrade my current setup below and hoping for some advice.

Sim-Lab GT1 Evo
Thrustmaster TS-PC Racer with Ferrari 488 320mm rim
My old G27 Shifter and Pedals
Cheap Ebay handbrake
15 Button Stream Deck

Mainly looking to upgrade to a Direct drive Wheelbase with an allrounder rim for Formula/GT/Prototypes, plus a round rim for older cars and rally. I'd also like a sequential shifter and handbrake for rallying . . . and load cell brakes

I've been thinking of the following

SC2 Pro - not sure on rims GSI GXL Pro looks nice but also massive.
SG Racing Shifter/Handbrake Combo
H-Shifter - No idea what to get but Fanatec seems too unreliable
Apex SR Button box to hold my Stream Deck, or a DSD buttonbox

I'm hoping the GT1 Evo is enough to cope with the Simucube because Im quite happy with it, P1-X type rig seems overkill. Many thanks
Overall, sounds like you definitely have your scheit together.
Going from Logitech to 64kg load cell is a huge change mostly because the Logitech pedals (even with mods) are pathetic by comparison (cause I’ve been there, done that). You’ll battle internal demons by not setting the load cell near its capacity, not ditching what’s engrained in your head. It’s a long road for those making this transition, I wish you the best. Don’t get me wrong, it’s a fun road, just long. Some cave and stay with light brake pressure. Don’t be that guy.
H-shifter. I have two Fanatec v1.5 shifters due to your mentioned reliability issues. Fact remains, it’s hard to find a reasonably priced alternative. (You don’t need two in order to overcome the problem. My second one is an experimental platform for increasing shift strength/resistance). In my years of dealing with the v1.5 reliability issue, and reading/researching, it’s my opinion and experience that it’s a static charge buildup problem (in other words, grounding issue). I could write a 50 page chronology on my story with the v1.5 shifter, but if I fast forward to the take-away: I have replaced the top four screws with longer ones with a nut [with locktite] mid-thread so that I can remove the lid quickly and de-energize the static buildup. Works for a couple months. When a mis-shift occurs, rinse, repeat.

Last edited:
I would need a foldable station that takes up as little space as possible. ideas? a thousand thanks

I would need a foldable station that takes up as little space as possible. ideas? a thousand thanks

Personally I would go for a Playseat Challenge, I ran one for five years and even modded the hell out of it.

Looking to cross brace my GT Omega Classic wheelstand to reduce lateral movement. Just looking for opinions before I start drilling holes I can't take back if the prototype below looks functional. Cheers.
20220622_152115_HDR.jpg

My experience thus far as a newcomer to sim racing:

I knew I would enjoy it, but I did not know how much. My background is more "adrenaline" sports than motorsports, although I have owned/ridden motorcycles for the past 30+ years. My last experience with "sim racing" was an arcade game from the 90s.

My thought process was:

6 months later and I am in a mid-life crisis :)

My point of all this is that I wish I would have been honest with myself about how much I knew I would enjoy it, even though I had NEVER been in a sim rig and had no experience with motorsports other than a casual spectator. Had I been honest with myself, I would have bought once, cried once...that is to say, I would have gone straight for the good stuff rather than fiddle around with less expensive alternatives.

Some things I have noticed that I did not come across before buying:
1. The difference between a direct drive and my G29, from a simulation perspective, is like the difference between using a wheel vs. a controller. The G29 experience is almost comical after using a direct drive. The difference between pedals is even more pronounced going from G29 pedals to Fanatec V3.
2. The entire household knows when I am using the G29. It is loud, it vibrates, it resonates through walls and floors. In contrast, the direct drive is MUCH quieter, even though it has substantial torque.
3. From just the perspective of immersion, investing in better rig, wheel base, wheel, and pedals has yielded better results than investing in better displays. Better displays (dedicated gaming monitor rather than a TV) has made me faster as I can see braking points from further away, but a good TV was still very immersive.
4. If I compare hours enjoying hobby vs. dollars spent on said hobby, sim racing has given me better bang for my buck than motorcycles. It is just really easy to find an hour and escape to the sim rig.

I post this mostly for the lurkers - guys like me who research for months before committing.
What did you go with for your cockpit, wheel and pedals?

I’ve got a PlaySeat with a Fanatec DD Pro and CSL pedals. I need a better cockpit, and I’m looking to get loadcell pedals and am looking at Fanatec’s V3 inverted pedals.

Hey there, hope this is alright with posting. I'm Alexis from the company 6 Sigma Sim Racing. We are located in Canada, Toronto and we are proudly making our own aluminium cockpit and racing seats. We are offering a complete line up of chassis to meet the needs of the most powerful wheelbase on the market while keeping a very good affordable price. Our Cockpits are indeed compatible with every wheelbase, like Fanatec, Simucube, Simagic, Moza. We are also selling Moza and Simagic products and many chassis accessories like Triple Monitor stand, keyboard tray, etc

I am able to offer you a great discount for the GtPlanet user on our regular prices when you order with me and free shipping for all North Americans.

Our price start as low as 550$ USD with racing seat include. We are also selling Moza and Simagic ecosystem.

Let me know if you need more information about our products and a quote with my special discount price :)

Attachments

• 80.jpg
    80.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 43
  • Chassis_Source_01.jpg
    Chassis_Source_01.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
What did you go with for your cockpit, wheel and pedals?

I’ve got a PlaySeat with a Fanatec DD Pro and CSL pedals. I need a better cockpit, and I’m looking to get loadcell pedals and am looking at Fanatec’s V3 inverted pedals.
I have 2 rigs - the first was steel tube. The second 80/20 aluminum.

The aluminum is far superior, but more expensive and harder to assemble. Assembly is more difficult because unlike pre-drilled steel tubing (that limits one's options), the t-channels are much more analog thus require a lot of measuring, re-measuring, etc. The 80/20 allows for almost any kind of peripheral (mine serves not only as my sim rig, but I have a large TV mounted in the opposite direction that serves as the display for my wife's gaming). I have plans to add some fans (cooling) and better audio. I got my rig from TrakRacer. Great product but very frustrating assembly - think Ikea level 10. TR's instructions were mostly helpful, but had some errors. If you go with TR, PM me and I will try and give you some helpful pointers outside of what is readily available watching assembly videos.

Wheel and pedals are Fanatec DD1 podium and the V3 pedals. I have an F1 wheel and just (today) received a GT3 wheel that I am trying to get working...

Oh, and it is all through a PS5.

I have 2 rigs - the first was steel tube. The second 80/20 aluminum.

The aluminum is far superior, but more expensive and harder to assemble. Assembly is more difficult because unlike pre-drilled steel tubing (that limits one's options), the t-channels are much more analog thus require a lot of measuring, re-measuring, etc. The 80/20 allows for almost any kind of peripheral (mine serves not only as my sim rig, but I have a large TV mounted in the opposite direction that serves as the display for my wife's gaming). I have plans to add some fans (cooling) and better audio. I got my rig from TrakRacer. Great product but very frustrating assembly - think Ikea level 10. TR's instructions were mostly helpful, but had some errors. If you go with TR, PM me and I will try and give you some helpful pointers outside of what is readily available watching assembly videos.

Wheel and pedals are Fanatec DD1 podium and the V3 pedals. I have an F1 wheel and just (today) received a GT3 wheel that I am trying to get working...

Oh, and it is all through a PS5.
I ended out getting the V3 pedals, and ordered an aluminum rig from Advanced Sim Racing, the ASR 4. It hasn’t arrived yet but I’m pretty stoked. I looked at TrakRacer but kept hearing bad customer service reviews. The guys at ASR are just amazing to work with, so their customer service alone sold me. One of the guys there actually FaceTimed me so he could show me their seats while he sat in them and discussed them. Seems like a great outfit that is set to compete with SimLab for North American business.

My new pedals alone have me feeling much more comfortable, although I broke my PlaySeat and had to do some repairs to keep it going for another week or two. All in the PS5 as well.

I ended out getting the V3 pedals, and ordered an aluminum rig from Advanced Sim Racing, the ASR 4. It hasn’t arrived yet but I’m pretty stoked. I looked at TrakRacer but kept hearing bad customer service reviews. The guys at ASR are just amazing to work with, so their customer service alone sold me. One of the guys there actually FaceTimed me so he could show me their seats while he sat in them and discussed them. Seems like a great outfit that is set to compete with SimLab for North American business.

My new pedals alone have me feeling much more comfortable, although I broke my PlaySeat and had to do some repairs to keep it going for another week or two. All in the PS5 as well.
Yeah the TR customer service was not the best, but I did receive and email from the new general (so to speak) apologizing. My biggest gripe was that the boxes needed to be opened outdoors and all components washed before bringing in my home. Even the fasteners had metal shavings and dirt in the bags.

Carpet sliders were a good friend during the build, as was a metric measuring tape - I used one from Walmart that I found near the sewing section. It's a lot easier to add/subtract decimals (metric) vs ratios (Imperial).

The AS4 looks similar to the TR160, which is what I have. I am sure you will love it. The 80/20 rig is like a foundation.

My pitbox got some new decoration and since last night, I’m the proud owner of some Sprint pedals! 😍 👌

88DC8485-66D3-4112-BE7C-429FC2B87A59.jpeg 898CB974-8564-4687-9E63-29722D8FDCA9.jpeg 76F2DCF6-BC7F-48BE-A83D-542EA11916A9.jpeg

i am super happy. Last night I had my first race using them. Gosh… 😍

Last edited:
I thougt you are on playstation?
I thought I mentioned that… I build a PC in may 2021. Since then… I’m racing on PC. Makes so much more sense.
using my PlayStation just for 1 or 2 games… not playing video games a lot. I just wanna drive. 😊

I’ve used McMaster-Carr to build my own tv/monitor stand.
Check out this post I made recently:
That's a nice rig to use as inspiration.

Take mine from this thread here! 😊

i diy the simlab p1x cockpit as reference. Worked out pretty nice.

edit: it started here… I guess: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...edals-wheels-master-list.239878/post-13350085
Thanks. Your posts will be very helpful. Did you make any additional changes to you rig?

That's a nice rig to use as inspiration.

Thanks. Your posts will be very helpful. Did you make any additional changes to you rig?
It’s always expanding... I newly installed 2 simple bass shaker to my rig. 😊👍
Compared to the base P1X I just build my own pedal tray and feet. It’s kinda the same but a bit different and cheaper.

btw: the price for the P1X increased massively. It’s now at 900 euro. Holy cow! 😳

Last edited:
I am wondering what peripherals people are using for:

1. Personal Cooling - I suspect rotary fans are the most used item(s).
2. Steering wheel lighting - when the light in my room is good for racing, I cannot see buttons on the wheel. Does anyone have a good solution for lighting up just the wheel? I have considered using a flexible LED light used for reading.
3. Audio - I would like an earbud/headphone solution rather than speakers. I play on a PS5 and need to take calls (iPhone) occasionally while playing. I have tried the Turtle Beach Stealth 700 headphones, sent them back as they did not connect to an iPhone as advertised and the audio quality was poor with a lot of static interference.

1. Air conditioner combined with fans.
2. Hmmm, can not see the buttons on the wheel. Neither can all the racers who use VR. Those racers adapt and learn to memorize button position. You can too, and in a few weeks will be just like reading braille. Skip the lights and use your memory.
3. Audio, Need someone else to chime in.

Added these fans this weekend. Macgyvered a way to mount them to the 80/20, and now I have some cooling. These fans came with steel mounting brackets that swivel! With both fans spinning, there is plenty of air movement, even at lower settings.

I still have not found a good audio solution. I tried using my airpods with a bluetooth dongle - meh. Tried some high-end gaming headphones - more meh. Although both these solutions say they can receive a phone call while gaming, I have not been able to get that function to work reliably at all. Although I would like to use erbuds or headphones, I cannot miss a call, so I guess I am back to external hard wired computer speakers mounted to my rig. Anyone have a good recommendation for PS5?

Has anyone seen this brand or had experience with one. Our biggest online retailer here In South Africa has them on offer for about $450 If I do a rough exchange rate calculation. I'm busy saving for one as I can buy the basic Playseat or copies of them for the same price, but this Pro Seat comes with the TV mounts and the Gear attachment.

Attachments

• Pro Seat.JPG
    Pro Seat.JPG
    40.5 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Has anyone seen this brand or had experience with one. Our biggest online retailer here In South Africa has them on offer for about $450 If I do a rough exchange rate calculation. I'm busy saving for one as I can buy the basic Playseat or copies of them for the same price, but this Pro Seat comes with the TV mounts and the Gear attachment.
I used a similar steel-tube design. I suspect there will be flex with your wheel, both lateral and forward/reverse.

I don't know what your intent is, but I thought I would use the formula-style racing position offered with some rigs - truth is, I don't, even when I run formula cars. Once you get the rig set up to your liking, there are a lot of tweaks to be made to get it just right again.

Tried to find more info about your Pro Seat and came up blank. As far as flex the above post covers that issue, there are other glaring issues that need to be discussed. The center post is a stong pass for me. I have used center posted rigs in the past and would not recommend one. The TV mounts are too far away and appear no way to adjust. I would pass and keep looking.

Tried to find more info about your Pro Seat and came up blank. As far as flex the above post covers that issue, there are other glaring issues that need to be discussed. The center post is a stong pass for me. I have used center posted rigs in the past and would not recommend one. The TV mounts are too far away and appear no way to adjust. I would pass and keep looking.
In South Africa we are very limited to you entry PlaySeat styles and then we have imported but damn expensive rigs as we as the local designs but they really fancy and mostly exported due to been out of South African's budgets. Its A lot cheaper to copy and have it made for you, but it's finding some who will make it for you and not charge to much to do it.
I will keep looking.

In South Africa we are very limited to you entry PlaySeat styles and then we have imported but damn expensive rigs as we as the local designs but they really fancy and mostly exported due to been out of South African's budgets. Its A lot cheaper to copy and have it made for you, but it's finding some who will make it for you and not charge to much to do it.
I will keep looking.
Don't know if it is offered in SA, but there are companies that sell 8020 aluminum profile that offer a service where they will send you cut pieces and hardware to your specs. Many of them have rudimentary CAD programs you can use for free on their website(s).

Alternatively, there are sim rig plans that have already been generated and are available for free, but you will still need to find a vendor that will cut and send the hardware, or you can DIY.

So I just ordered this, this morning which is a locally produced stand with lots of optional addons. I ordered it with the right keyboard attachment and the right warthog mount thinking this will be the largest one to mount the Thrustmaster TSS. I also going to order the below bucket seat as its the best rally style looking seat I could find and that doesn't cost the price of a scondhand car.
Hxe0ACI.jpg

QVmDJie.jpg

SGPLZvo.jpg

Don't want to start a new Thread but Thrustmaster releases a new entry Wheel below the T248. The T128. Seems relatively similar to the 248 without the display, with quieter paddles (was my absolut no-go on the 248) and, as it looks, very cheapish Pedals. 199,--

Back