Wheel Stands, Racing Rigs Cockpits, Pedals, Wheels. Master List

• Thread starter SGETI
  • 1,139 comments
Another step done…
angles of the side screens are up tomorrow.
1DA0F420-291E-47E9-9000-E56FF5BAA41C.jpeg

it’s becoming a cockpit. 🥳 wooohoooo…. 😂👏

Last edited:
I moved the screens in front of the base and lowered the height a little bit. Well, I upped the wheel.
So now the wheel shaft is directly underneath the screens and the screens are as close to the base as possible.
F90E7ACE-24C0-4EBB-BAAB-9C2806B4E956.jpeg 73DC50B4-3E59-49BA-8E7F-547B8E711D47.jpeg

still I’m in the optimization process… I’m really sensible like a Monk (the series). 🤷‍♂️😂 I want all the proportions to be spot on and so on…!

sneak peak:
08E81B57-7B8D-415D-9AA1-2FA6C2F92525.jpeg

Last edited:
I really don't get why so few are concerned about where their screens in regards to proper FoV. I'm like you. I want it to look like I'm sitting behind the wheel of the car in the cockpit. Love what your doing. Thanks for sharing.
Ohh, had to come back and edit. If you want to COMPLETELY eliminate play in your steering, please, please consider https://www.racesims.uk/ It is absolutely wonderful. It will reduce the length of your steering 'column' because of eliminating unnecessary locking nut / swelling rubber but I doubt you will find it a problem. what it looks like

Last edited:
I really don't get why so few are concerned about where their screens in regards to proper FoV. I'm like you. I want it to look like I'm sitting behind the wheel of the car in the cockpit. Love what your doing. Thanks for sharing.
Ohh, had to come back and edit. If you want to COMPLETELY eliminate play in your steering, please, please consider https://www.racesims.uk/ It is absolutely wonderful. It will reduce the length of your steering 'column' because of eliminating unnecessary locking nut / swelling rubber but I doubt you will find it a problem. what it looks like
Excellent Rob!
i thought of putting the screens behind the base, but now that I noticed your comment about the shaft thingy, I think our DD base is too huge. Maybe you could provide an image of your setup in a Porsche GT3 please? Or some other GT3 car.
But super nice idea with shortening the shaft. love those crafted DIY stuff.
My SRM adapter for the CC wheel is bringing even more lenght and that’s why I could go in front of the the base.
i might switch the screens 180 degrees for a smaller bezel.

Excellent Rob!
i thought of putting the screens behind the base, but now that I noticed your comment about the shaft thingy, I think our DD base is too huge. Maybe you could provide an image of your setup in a Porsche GT3 please? Or some other GT3 car.
But super nice idea with shortening the shaft. love those crafted DIY stuff.
My SRM adapter for the CC wheel is bringing even more lenght and that’s why I could go in front of the the base.
i might switch the screens 180 degrees for a smaller bezel.
Looked through my photos. Here is a Porsche 911
9D33C8E9-E55F-493C-B02D-2B0E68FF278D.jpeg
977EBFDB-3DBE-42CF-8F0B-404B547B670B.jpeg
Shortening the steering shaft was my objective but I am blown away at how good the racesims.uk hub/stem is for zero play even with making wheel changes super fast and painless.
I too have an SRM part, the Fanatec emulator hub. Wanted clean vintage look but not lose Menu access. Button and funky switch are out of line of sight.
32462E97-BD85-4573-B39B-9B0DEC98F104.jpeg
6B09E085-50A8-46C2-8B41-BEFDBD8E2975.jpeg
Love the DIY solutions. Which brings me to your comment about rotating the screens 180° for the smaller bezel. I had to read this the second time, a couple days apart, to have it occur to me what you meant. What an absolutely fantastic idea! I’d love to try that but my occasional console use would prevent it. (or is there a solution for that too? Hmmm, think, think, think. . . )

Last edited:
After a 5 year absence of selling my race rig I got a new race rig and a new Fanatec GT DD Pro. Here is my new rig and my old ones. including one I built from scratch.

Attachments

• 20230210_213401.jpg
    20230210_213401.jpg
    228 KB · Views: 74
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    272.1 KB · Views: 72
  • 18.JPG
    18.JPG
    160.8 KB · Views: 67
  • DSCN0930.JPG
    DSCN0930.JPG
    195.1 KB · Views: 65
  • rr2.jpg
    rr2.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 57
I would need a foldable station that takes up as little space as possible. ideas? a thousand thanks

I have the Apex stand, use it with a Fanatec GT DD Pro (8Nm) and it is steady as a rock.

I consider upgrading my setup, but some advice would be very helpful. I am only playing GT7 with the PSVR2. I would race other games in the future if they would support VR.

DD Pro Bundle 8nm, Standard CSL, 2 pedals (no load cell brake)
Next Level Racing Wheel Stand 2.0 (https://nextlevelracing.com/products/racing-wheel-stand-2-0/)

1. I am thinking of getting new pedals either CSP V3, or just the load cell brake? Any experiences? Would my setup even be solid enough? It feels quite strong and the chair does not move at all since it is locked with the cradle.

2. Additionally I would like to get a shifter as well. Does it make sense if I "just" play GT7? If I would drive a racing car, I could just flip the switch to "sequential mode" and change gears with the wheel? Considering I am wearing the headset of the VR, could it be a problem that I don't find the shifter sometimes?

Thanks for any help

Last edited:
The paddles will work regardless. The sequential mode is to quickly set your shifter from H pattern to sequential. As far as getting one I would say its nice and adds a little to the immersion. I think it is faster and a clutch pedal would be needed. Also the shifter and clutch won’t work in sport mode but do work for online lobbies.

@jenson86 If you are going for lap times, new pedals. Hands down. Take this advice from a person who just bought some Sprints. Wish I had bought them earlier. If I was to rebuild or start over, proper peddles would be more of a priority than a DD wheel, shifter, monitor, or even a rig. This advice is coming from the PC side of sim racing. You may receive more input in the GT7 thread. I do not have any direct knowledge of your stand, (had a Fanatec stand with T300 in the past), however the thought of wrestling a DD wheel on ANY stand is pushing the limit of stability well into the red zone.

The paddles will work regardless. The sequential mode is to quickly set your shifter from H pattern to sequential. As far as getting one I would say its nice and adds a little to the immersion. I think it is faster and a clutch pedal would be needed. Also the shifter and clutch won’t work in sport mode but do work for online lobbies.
Thx! good to know it does not work in Sport mode, but at least in online lobbies.

@jenson86 If you are going for lap times, new pedals. Hands down. Take this advice from a person who just bought some Sprints. Wish I had bought them earlier. If I was to rebuild or start over, proper peddles would be more of a priority than a DD wheel, shifter, monitor, or even a rig. This advice is coming from the PC side of sim racing. You may receive more input in the GT7 thread. I do not have any direct knowledge of your stand, (had a Fanatec stand with T300 in the past), however the thought of wrestling a DD wheel on ANY stand is pushing the limit of stability well into the red zone.
Maybe my question was not really clear, it was not a question if either pedals or shifter, I consider just getting both :-)

I am more interested if this load cell brake of Fanatec would be enough or if the ClubSport Pedals V3 are worth the extra money? From what I saw on youtube the clutch of the V3 is much better and the distance of travel is a bit more, while the CSL load cell you can barely press it in.
Regarding wheel stand, that particular one I have is pretty good and heavy. you can lock the wheel of your chair, so it's pretty stable. Obviously if I would have more space I would get a proper racing chair. If anyone is using it in combination of a load cell brake, would be good to get some feedback.

I am more interested if this load cell brake of Fanatec would be enough or if the ClubSport Pedals V3 are worth the extra money? From what I saw on youtube the clutch of the V3 is much better and the distance of travel is a bit more, while the CSL load cell you can barely press it in.
If you like a brake pedal with a quite short travel (about 40mm when BRF is set to MAX and you have to apply 60kg pressure), get the CSL Load cell kit.
If you want a longer travel in the brake pedal, get the CSP V3.

@praiano63 great idea for an F1 position. Do you use this? A young man's rig to fit into.

Old name from long ago. GT5 GT6. Recently cleaned out paper files and notes next to my rig. Smiles upon my face as I looked at all the tunes with your name. Hope all is well. Thanks again for improving my sim racing.

@praiano63 great idea for an F1 position. Do you use this? A young man's rig to fit into.

Old name from long ago. GT5 GT6. Recently cleaned out paper files and notes next to my rig. Smiles upon my face as I looked at all the tunes with your name. Hope all is well. Thanks again for improving my sim racing.
You're welcome. No , i don't use this rig actually but i've sent a mail to the guy if he have the tube's dimensions . I'm 60 years old now , still playing like a kid , i think i can sit in this rig .... not sure about how to step out... :lol:

i have problem, prob because i am too stupid. Could not find solution or help from searching. How do i get pedals lower so i can have my leg nice in line with seat. This setup is next level racing f-gt elite with direct monitor mount and ers2 seat. Those pedal side arcs are in lowest setup so basically i will move pedals to ground away from rig?

Can't play it like so high because my legs needs to be "on air" not leaning nicely on seat edge. Legs will get tired very fast like this.

Second issue is that there is no needed hole for logitech g pro wheel on wheel plate in front, only two back holes will go in premade holes so it is just to drill hole in right place for front ?

Attachments

• 20230608_224406.jpg
    20230608_224406.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 33
  • 20230608_225122.jpg
    20230608_225122.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 31
i have problem, prob because i am too stupid. Could not find solution or help from searching. How do i get pedals lower so i can have my leg nice in line with seat. This setup is next level racing f-gt elite with direct monitor mount and ers2 seat. Those pedal side arcs are in lowest setup so basically i will move pedals to ground away from rig?

Can't play it like so high because my legs needs to be "on air" not leaning nicely on seat edge. Legs will get tired very fast like this.

Second issue is that there is no needed hole for logitech g pro wheel on wheel plate in front, only two back holes will go in premade holes so it is just to drill hole in right place for front ?
First off, sweet rig man! As for the pedals/legs, can you tilt the base of the seat backwards any, bring the front of the seat part up to meet you legs. Then just adjust the backrest back to a comfortable positions after that? 🤔

Last edited:
First off, sweet rig man! As for the pedals/legs, can you tilt the base of the seat backwards any, bring the front of the seat part up to meet you legs. Then just adjust the backrest back to a comfortable positions after that? 🤔

No, seat is solid screwed in rig and that is strange that all is built by manuals and all stuff is next level racing, if i can't figure out how it is supposed to go then i just need to do some support for legs i guess.. bummer, spent quite a lot for my financial status on it but feels only quite ok.

@Peexu How to get the peddles lower? The rig you bought was designed for a formula, GT, hybrid sitting position, unlike a daily driver. I actually watched part of the assembly next level video. The connection point of the peddle base to the upright steering support can not go any lower due to design. So to go lower you may need to eliminate those side arches. They give the rig a unique look, however, as you are finding out, they are not practical for some users. Suggest looking at other rigs and how they have peddles attached. Simlab uses two pieces at the very front of the rig, easy, adjustable, rock solid, and low.

You can not raise your seat with the current seat attachment. You can raise and tilt your seat with these. https://nextlevelracing.com/product/universal-seat-brackets/

Good luck.

Last edited:
If you drill a new mounting hole here, you can drop the entire bracket down, as much as the difference between the two bolts. That may be enough, without doing any major mods to the rig.

IMG_9731.jpeg

Last edited:
@Peexu How to get the peddles lower? The rig you bought was designed for a formula, GT, hybrid sitting position, unlike a daily driver. I actually watched part of the assembly next level video. The connection point of the peddle base to the upright steering support can not go any lower due to design. So to go lower you may need to eliminate those side arches. They give the rig a unique look, however, as you are finding out, they are not practical for some users. Suggest looking at other rigs and how they have peddles attached. Simlab uses two pieces at the very front of the rig, easy, adjustable, rock solid, and low.

You can not raise your seat with the current seat attachment. You can raise and tilt your seat with these. https://nextlevelracing.com/product/universal-seat-brackets/

Good luck.

Thank you for taking time for checking and trying help. I also read mamual two times over again and i finally saw three pictures in manual that those support brackets needs to be flipped other way in gt position.

Now it is clear that yes it needs to be like that. Very strange that it is not mentioned during building in any point how to make those three gt,formula or hybrid, only small pics. I would really like to have some kind of complete settkng manual to help adjust but now i am very happy to found that pic. Just flipped those but too late today so tomorrow will adjust pedals to perfect position. 😀

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230609_220703_Samsung Notes.jpg
    Screenshot_20230609_220703_Samsung Notes.jpg
    206.3 KB · Views: 19

Good luck.

Oh yeah and also i have all brackets now, also side and front mount kit for it and those seat brackets etc. I am kind of all in guy so figure out to get rig that will serve me with future needs also. But for now i really hope those flipped pedal brackets will do the needed trick.

Thank you for taking time for checking and trying help. I also read mamual two times over again and i finally saw three pictures in manual that those support brackets needs to be flipped other way in gt position.

Now it is clear that yes it needs to be like that. Very strange that it is not mentioned during building in any point how to make those three gt,formula or hybrid, only small pics. I would really like to have some kind of complete settkng manual to help adjust but now i am very happy to found that pic. Just flipped those but too late today so tomorrow will adjust pedals to perfect position. 😀

I am answering more for myself if someone is having issues with next level racing f-gt elite and ers2 seat. Because ers2 seat has only bottom screw holes to attach there is no official way to get seat tilted at all and for that reason your pedals will be at same level as seat bottom. Legs will not be supported so best solution what i found out is to have all perfect positioned for me and then just add cushion support under my legs in very front of ers2 seat. Now it is good driving position but hate that i need to have extra pillow adjusted under legs everytime i sit down to race.

fixed typos.

added pics. i need support just after knee to not get legs tired.

Attachments

• 20230611_213001.jpg
    20230611_213001.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 46
  • 20230611_212934.jpg
    20230611_212934.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
@Peexu The pillow is a quick and easy solution to get you racing, glad you found a work around. In the coming months you, like most of us, you will start making adjustments to get the "perfect" position. This is normal procedure, do not resist. Someday you will install those side mounting brackets and dial in the tilt you desire. Someday you will move your monitor, your eyes will be wide open when you bring the monitor closer to the back of your steering wheel. (My 49" monitor is apx. 57cm, from eye to screen.) Any reason why you have your monitor tilted top to bottom? Someday you may add a shifter. Someday ............ Best of luck wish you miles of smiles.

Last edited:
I am answering more for myself if someone is having issues with next level racing f-gt elite and ers2 seat. Because ers2 seat has only bottom screw holes to attach there is no official way to get seat tilted at all and for that reason your pedals will be at same level as seat bottom. Legs will not be supported so best solution what i found out is to have all perfect positioned for me and then just add cushion support under my legs in very front of ers2 seat. Now it is good driving position but hate that i need to have extra pillow adjusted under legs everytime i sit down to race.

fixed typos.

added pics. i need support just after knee to not get legs tired.

I am answering more to myself, because there was no info in manual how to attach ers2 on so that there would be tilt, but found pic in amazon page so now i need to use those side adapters to get tilt and pillow is unneeded.

Now i am starting to get really exited about my rig. It actually has almost unlimited settings for all, thank god it was not waste to put so much money in.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230615_162508_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20230615_162508_Samsung Internet.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 12
@Peexu The pillow is a quick and easy solution to get you racing, glad you found a work around. In the coming months you, like most of us, you will start making adjustments to get the "perfect" position. This is normal procedure, do not resist. Someday you will install those side mounting brackets and dial in the tilt you desire. Someday you will move your monitor, your eyes will be wide open when you bring the monitor closer to the back of your steering wheel. (My 49" monitor is apx. 57cm, from eye to screen.) Any reason why you have your monitor tilted top to bottom? Someday you may add a shifter. Someday ............ Best of luck wish you miles of smiles.

Hi

I just found out how to use side brackets with ers2 so that i can have tilt. Love my life 😃. My screen is just there for backup, i am driving basically only psvr2 nowdays. Just if someone wants to try normal mode or so. I dont know why tilted, figured out that it is towards eyes and i am checking sometimes something in screen so wheel is not all the way blocking view if i do something else than drive.

Hi

I just found out how to use side brackets with ers2 so that i can have tilt. Love my life 😃. My screen is just there for backup, i am driving basically only psvr2 nowdays. Just if someone wants to try normal mode or so. I dont know why tilted, figured out that it is towards eyes and i am checking sometimes something in screen so wheel is not all the way blocking view if i do something else than drive.
Hello! Do you have any experience with PSVR2 + H Shifer, and how is to drive with it, or only using paddle shifter when in PSVR2 ?

Last edited:
Hello! Do you have any experience with PSVR2 + H Shifer, and how is to drive with it, or only using paddle shifter when in PSVR2 ?

I am using paddles only because there is no official g pro shifter or handbreak yet, but i would assume it is no problem because i am not looking shifter or handbreak in real life either when driving so it just needs to be setted up so that it is natural position to reach it and to remember pattern.

Back