When do you think Gran Turismo 7 will be released?

• Thread starter Brainhulk
  • 198 comments

When do you think Gran Turismo 7 will be released?

• Launch title

• Around the time they Sony anounces Playstation 6

Results are only viewable after voting.
...Hm, interesting wording there. The only thing casting doubt here, though, is that he also includes Horizon in there, which they say in another trailer that they are "targeting" 2021... which doesn't instill much confidence... Then again, by 2021, it'd have been 4 years since Zero Dawn released... so I guess it can still be in the launch window if they can hit March at the latest. *shrug*

Here's hoping GT7 is in the launch window, then.

Yes, I think that for him, "launch window" goes until 2021 (at least until summer).

We will know more in a few weeks or months, anyway

I hope it's a launch title :cool:
I hope not. I don't have the intention to play a GTS copypaste just because it will have some more cars and tracks...i always loved GT because every new generation of consoles there was a massive leap in physics and graphics, this time they seem to have taken the turn 10 route which have been using the same game engine for a decade with a few small updates here and there with each new release...
I really hope they take their time and release a true next gen title

Last edited:
I hope not. I don't have the intention to play a GTS copypaste just because it will have some more cars and tracks...i always loved GT because every new generation of consoles there was a massive leap in physics and graphics, this time they seem to have taken the turn 10 route which have been using the same game engine for a decade with a few small updates here and there with each new release...
Dude the GTSport engine is fairly new. It just doesn't make sense to start over again. It will have more improvements once PD get used to the new hardware, they always do. For an early gen release it isn't that bad.

And GTSport is already photorealistic as it is, I just don't see anything wrong if GT7 is the same as GTSport. Of course we want more stuff like 3D trees with physics, densier vegetations, high quality textures, new shaders, etc. But I'm already satisfied by how GTSport looks. I'd be pissed off if they change it for the sake of having fancier visuals.

Dude the GTSport engine is fairly new. It just doesn't make sense to start over again. It will have more improvements once PD get used to the new hardware, they always do. For an early gen release it isn't that bad.

And GTSport is already photorealistic as it is, I just don't see anything wrong if GT7 is the same as GTSport. Of course we want more stuff like 3D trees with physics, densier vegetations, high quality textures, new shaders, etc. But I'm already satisfied by how GTSport looks. I'd be pissed off if they change it for the sake of having fancier visuals.

Pls don't make me post the same comparison screens with other games all over again where you can see that GT7 it's far behind when it comes to roadside and track surface textures and vegetation...what they showed in the trailer it's simply a gts port with some better reflections and that's it

Pls don't make me post the same comparison screens with other games all over again where you can see that GT7 it's far behind when it comes to roadside and track surface textures and vegetation...what they showed in the trailer it's simply a gts port with some better reflections and that's it
Why are you even trying to compare an obvious work in progress with only limited gameplay footage to a game that come out years ago that has multiple updates done already, how is that fair? Can you explain to me what is wrong with GTSport visuals? I'm really confused by this. Sport is already good looking game it just need a little bit of touch up with its environment details specially the fictional tracks.
monza 2.jpg

monza.jpg

And how is it far behind when GTSport itself has decent roadside and track textures and details?

Last edited:
Why are you even trying to compare an obvious work in progress with only limited gameplay footage to a game that come out years ago that has multiple updates done already, how is that fair? Can you explain to me what is wrong with GTSport visuals? I'm really confused by this. Sport is already good looking game it just need a little bit of touch up with its environment details specially the fictional tracks.
View attachment 939055

View attachment 939056

And how is it far behind when GTSport itself has decent roadside and track textures and details?
Yeah but you have to understand that what wee see on GTS it's fine for a ps4 game,not for a next gen game. You already have current gen games that do a far better job let alone next gen stuff .
And those are cherry picked shoots, i can show you far worst environements that are present on GTS

View attachment 939055

View attachment 939056

In recent days I’ve been watching vids of ACC, FH4 and various PC sims. All 4K/60 on top spec PC’s. Nothing apart from FH4 comes close to GTS in terms of image quality and lighting. Then you see GT7 vs GTS - and it’s a whole other level.

I don’t get the obsession with HUD’s and so on. It’s quite literally a days work to switch it up. If PD think they’ve nailed it. Change for the sake of change is silly. Some of GTS’s more recent real world tracks are near photorealistic. The likes of RBR and Laguna Seca look fantastic.

For GT7 the priority is features and content. I want to drive Le Mans at night, in the rain, with top image quality, and performance.

Yeah but you have to understand that what wee see on GTS it's fine for a ps4 game,not for a next gen game. You already have current gen games that do a far better job let alone next gen stuff .
And those are cherry picked shoots, i can show you far worst environements that are present on GTS
Cherry picking an environment that looks subpar to prove your point is not a great idea, you know? You can pretty much do that in most games. I'm honestly not sure why you're implying that couple of minutes of gameplay footage is an overall representative of what we're getting in the full game. It just doesn't make sense.

Screenshot_20200709-172535.png

You might as well use this screenshot of GTSport from a gameplay trailer to prove how far behind it is compared to the rest of the competition.

Last edited:
Cherry picking an environment that looks subpar to prove your point is not a great idea, you know? You can pretty much do that in most games. I'm honestly not sure why you're implying that couple of minutes of gameplay footage is an overall representative of what we're getting in the full game. It just doesn't make sense.

View attachment 939061

You might as well use this screenshot of GTSport from a gameplay trailer to prove how far behind it is compared to the rest of the competition.
I don't need to pick up beta footage in order to show GTS flaws, you can just go into a track like Autopolis, Dragon trail or Alsace to see how bad the trackside environement is...Anway im sayng that i hope they don't deliver the game at launch,i want GT7, not just a GTS port with more cars and tracks

I don't need to pick up beta footage in order to show GTS flaws, you can just go into a track like Autopolis, Dragon trail or Alsace to see how bad the trackside environement is...Anway im sayng that i hope they don't deliver the game at launch,i want GT7, not just a GTS port with more cars and tracks
GTSport port I keep seeing this meme being spread. But you have no proof outside of couple of minutes of footage that this is just a port. No one does. There's not even information about the game on what it is all about.

Yeah, I gotta agree that apart from FH4's better trackside details and native 4K advantage, GTS just blows it away in everything else. And this is me retracting what I said about the lighting on GTS a few weeks ago. Been replaying the GT League. and in certain conditions, the lighting either matches or surpasses FH4's. It's just the checkerboarded 1800p that's making it look not as sharp, that's all.

Give it native 4K (confirmed by DF) and better trackside details (Trial Mountain definitely has that), and it'll be absolutely great.

If we were to follow the typical timeline of PD.

First GT7 game trailer: June 2020
Second GT7 game trailer: June 2021
Third GT7 game trailer: Fall 2021 promising a January 21st, 2022 release

*January 21st, 2022 arrives*

delay 1: mid 2022
delay 2: late 2022
delay 3: early 2023

Fourth game trailer: early 2023 promising Holiday 2023.

Holiday 2023: Yay!!!:cheers:

Exactly this. I am thinking 2023. Original Playstation 3 was released in 2006, yet we didn't get GT5 until 2010. Playstation 4 was released in 2013, yet GT Sport didn't show until 2017. So GT7 will be roughly 3 or 4 years IF the PS5 gets released around Christmas of this year.

Exactly this. I am thinking 2023. Original Playstation 3 was released in 2006, yet we didn't get GT5 until 2010. Playstation 4 was released in 2013, yet GT Sport didn't show until 2017. So GT7 will be roughly 3 or 4 years IF the PS5 gets released around Christmas of this year.
I don't want to sound like a broken record, but 2023 is still utterly ridiculous to me. Much less 2022. The reason why they took so long on both systems is because they struggled with the PS3's Cell architecture and then they had to redo everything for the PS4's x86 arch. With the PS5 still on x86 arch, I really can't see this slipping past 2021. =/

...Well, unless they struggle with the raytracing since it's indeed a known resource hog, but even then, they've been working on it since 2018, so... *shrug*

Why does it matter when a console is released? The crucial timeframe is a games development.

PD had GT6 ready in December 2013, GTS in October 2017. The delayed release of GT5 and GTS (versus the respective console launches) is not something to repeat. The late releases where detrimental to the franchises popularity.

We can see that with the view count of GT7’s reveal trailer. It’s at 6m views versus under 2m for GTS. Sony are well aware how important it is to re-establish GT as one of their premier franchises.

Back