When do you think Gran Turismo 7 will be released?

• Thread starter Brainhulk
  • 198 comments

When do you think Gran Turismo 7 will be released?

• Launch title

• Around the time they Sony anounces Playstation 6

Results are only viewable after voting.
Motortoon Grandpix 1/2, GT1, GT2, Omega Boost, GT3, GT4, Tourist Trophy. Did any of these games got delayed? It seems their struggle started during the PS3 era.

GT1 wasn't delayed per se but it took them a lot longer to make than originally planned.
GT2 was delayed by, ok, only two weeks. So nothing development related probably.
GT3 was delayed by a year.
GT4 was delayed by 18 months.
GT5 was delayed several years.
GT6 only released on time because they didn't come close to finishing it. If they did, it'd have been delayed by 18 months to 2 years.

You can not go by previous histoy of a company, because things are made different now than
way back.

Yes you can and fundamentally no, they're not.

Nothing stood out because gameplay just looked like GTS with a bit more fidelity. Even the HUD was identical. So either that's what they're gonna give us, or it was a very early ported PS4 content.
GTS evolved into a service model with regular updates. PD are clearly happy with their HUD. It’s not exactly a huge task to redesign. They even have FIA event specific graphics.

I don’t think daytime running on a track like Trial Mountain needs much improvement. 4K/60, Ray Tracing, and the usual polish we see in the last 6 months.

Limitations in GTS seem largely performance related. The most obvious being a full-night version of Le Mans. That’s before we get into the later addition of rain. That alone would be worth the asking price for me. Larger grids would be the icing on top.

GT1 wasn't delayed per se but it took them a lot longer to make than originally planned.
GT2 was delayed by, ok, only two weeks. So nothing development related probably.
GT3 was delayed by a year.
GT4 was delayed by 18 months.
GT5 was delayed several years.
GT6 only released on time because they didn't come close to finishing it. If they did, it'd have been delayed by 18 months to 2 years.

Yes you can and fundamentally no, they're not.
Thanks. I thought those early GT games were released on time.

If I remember right GT3 was originally going to be call GT 2000, but didn't get released till 2001

If GT7 doesn't have dense and tall trackside vegetations like (pic related). I won't buy the game.
trackside.jpeg

I voted Launch Titile. They'll sell the game with offline content. Online will be Lobby stuff and GT7 FIA will begin next year.

Another week without any PS5 hardware or game launch info. Still of the belief GT7 will be part of an info dump about launch (window) games.

I think it's realistic to expect GT7 as the launch title. With gtsport they have a great foundation to build on. And the times are different now indeed. Most of the games have longer support, and with ps5 ssd it will only expand. Please keep in mind that we will be able to install updates almost instantly on ps5, and that makes thing easier for PD to support game longer, add tracks and cars and features. You can say that it will be GT7 prologue that will turn into full game overtime. And I'm okay with this.

But it's a State of Play, maybe more new games no more info about the games of the june presentation.

I just waiting for more information about GT7 and Horizon 2 :guilty:

But it's a State of Play, maybe more new games no more info about the games of the june presentation.

What's really interesting is the fact it was the second trailer during the PS5 event. That being said, with the lack of information poly has said since the reveal something might be brewing in the state of play even...

What's really interesting is the fact it was the second trailer during the PS5 event. That being said, with the lack of information poly has said since the reveal something might be brewing in the state of play even...
When is state of play?

We’ve already had a run down of sorts for Horizon 2. I wouldn’t expect much more until after the launch line-up is revealed and detailed.

GT7, Demon Souls, R&C, Returnal, LBP are all rumoured launch window. Plus Miles Morales which sounds more like a Christmas release.

There’s also the promised hardware teardown which I would think is before August.

Last edited:
We’ve already had a run down of sorts for Horizon 2. I wouldn’t expect much more until after the launch line-up is revealed and detailed.

GT7, Demon Souls, R&C, Returnal, LBP are all rumoured launch window. Plus Miles Morales which sounds more like a Christmas release.

There’s also the promised hardware teardown which I would think is before August.

It's not a rumour. Sony said that in a podcast on PS Blog.

...Hm, interesting wording there. The only thing casting doubt here, though, is that he also includes Horizon in there, which they say in another trailer that they are "targeting" 2021... which doesn't instill much confidence... Then again, by 2021, it'd have been 4 years since Zero Dawn released... so I guess it can still be in the launch window if they can hit March at the latest. *shrug*

Here's hoping GT7 is in the launch window, then.

Latest Posts

Back