When do you think GT6 is going to be released?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Turkey
Istanbul
XTremeATTV
What was the year-difference between all the Gran Turismo series? Can we except GT6 to be released in 2014 or even 2013?
Im sorry if a thread like this already excists, but i was really wondering when to expect GT6... GT5 has been released 4 years after GT4 right? So when GT5 has been released in 2010, we could expect it to be released in 2014...
Even if they would import all the Standard cars to Premium it would take max. 1 year. :)

GT5's development started a bit before GT4 released. GT4 was released at the end of 2004; GT5 Prologue released at the end of 2007 and GT5 released Nov. 2010. The development for GT3 - late 2001 release date - began one year before GT2 released in mid-1999.

GT4 and GT5/P were the only ones to have revamped, built-from-scratch physics.

i didnt know that, so like in any other game, GT6 's development started before GT5 released. I guess they're modeling new cars and taking pictures of tracks. (: so it could be released in 2013... wow i cant wait!!

I wish they add more Rally cars. (:

Last edited:
i didnt know that, so like in any other game, GT6 's development started before GT5 released. I guess they're modeling new cars and taking pictures of tracks. (: so it could be released in 2013... wow i cant wait!!

2013 is not very likely. I would not get your hopes up for 2013.

2015 maybe?

Last edited:
Took 6 years for GT5 so I would estimate 6 more years for GT6 and on the next console. My estimate is 2017-2018 and probably still wont have 1000 premiums.

Anyone remember the "guess the GT5 release date thread?" Some good lols in there. :lol:

No one knows but basically if it's a PS3 game expect it before the end of next year, if it's a PS4 game at least a year after the console launch.

Polyphony/Sony don't want to make the same mistakes as before, they lost a lot of money delaying GT5 and of course through the account hacking phase.

My guess is the GT6 will be out 4th Quarter 2013 just in time for Xmas 2013. A special PS3 'mini' & GT6 gift pack me thinks...

i dont even want a ps4... why do people need it? i mean, ps3 is just perfect and has a really badass graphic. i hope the ps4 needs a long time to release.

Polyphony/Sony don't want to make the same mistakes as before, they lost a lot of money delaying GT5 and of course through the account hacking phase.

My guess is the GT6 will be out 4th Quarter 2013 just in time for Xmas 2013. A special PS3 'mini' & GT6 gift pack me thinks...

what I can think of is, that something like the GT5P releases.. GT6P or sth like that, i think they will release that in 2013 and the actual game comes in 2014

CAMAROBOY69
Anyone remember the "guess the GT5 release date thread?" Some good lols in there. :lol:

If you could find a link to that, I'd love to look at it :)
(couldn't find it in search)

Is anyone considering that there might be a GT6 Prologue, giving us a taste of the game before the final game launch? I think the Prologue version (if there is one) might be released 1st Quarter 2013 or something like that.
i dont even want a ps4... why do people need it? i mean, ps3 is just perfect and has a really badass graphic. i hope the ps4 needs a long time to release.
Sony will always want to launch another console every now and again even if the previous console is good enough to go on for few more years because they want to make as much money as possible, which isn't surprising considering that they are some greedy 🤬 ...

Well, if you take the greedy part of it, Sony will want to launch a PS4 because it gives them a chance to invent new technology and possibly change the world of console gaming...

im going to say 2013-2014.

Gt6 will most likely be ps3 as PD and sony have released 2 gran turismo games per consol.

GT1-2 = ps1
GT3-4 = ps2
gt5-6 = ps3

and so on

But i also say that it wont take as long to make gt6 as it would to have made gt5 and this is because here most likely using the same physics engine as GT5.
-One of the reasons GT5 took so long was because they had to make a all new physics engine for the ps3. But now that the physics engine is made. GT6 will most likely take less time than gt5 did.

I also do believe i heard from somewere that Kaz or PD said they were using same engine for gt6. which would mean its on ps3 and would take less time to make gt6

Sometime in 2013?

We'll see some teaser videos for GT6 at TGS or E3 (TGS is more likely) in 2013. No new game until at least 2015.:indiff: Sorry for being pessimistic but that's how I feel.

GT games aren't "normal" video games. There isn't level design or a simple story. PD makes "world's" (look any real-world circuit, especially Tsukuba where the whole infield is designed) just like other developers do for RPGs.

im going to say 2013-2014.

Gt6 will most likely be ps3 as PD and sony have released 2 gran turismo games per consol.

GT1-2 = ps1
GT3-4 = ps2
gt5-6 = ps3

and so on

But i also say that it wont take as long to make gt6 as it would to have made gt5 and this is because here most likely using the same physics engine as GT5.
-One of the reasons GT5 took so long was because they had to make a all new physics engine for the ps3. But now that the physics engine is made. GT6 will most likely take less time than gt5 did.

I also do believe i heard from somewere that Kaz or PD said they were using same engine for gt6. which would mean its on ps3 and would take less time to make gt6

o never thought of that. youre right, theyre focusing on the cars. I hope they reach the 2000s with cars.

We'll see some teaser videos for GT6 at TGS or E3 (TGS is more likely) in 2013. No new game until at least 2015.:indiff: Sorry for being pessimistic but that's how I feel.

GT games aren't "normal" video games. There isn't level design or a simple story. PD makes "world's" (look any real-world circuit, especially Tsukuba where the whole infield is designed) just like other developers do for RPGs.

I noticed that, PD does more detail than actually necessary and that's why it takes so long for them to produce one game.

to me, I think gt6 depends on if we are having a ps4 or not. Sony has been dedicated to this system and not a peep about ps4 has really been known. But based on what i have been reading (on other websites) the Gaikai streaming (Sony just bought them out) might mean that the ps4 may never come. What mean Gaikai might be a service that we pay for, but we get to stream the video games to our consoles. This means we don't need any new cell processors etc... All we need is to stream the the game into our homes at 480p 1080p etc and more. I know what I said is just an opinion and not based on any confirmed fact.

I noticed that, PD does more detail than actually necessary and that's why it takes so long for them to produce one game.

I just love PD's work... Just awesome. I cant find words to describe how amazing theyre designing levels and cars. FORZA can screw off :D

Damn. double post
I just love PD's work... Just awesome. I cant find words to describe how amazing theyre designing levels and cars. FORZA can screw off :D
Me too!

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=5939862#post5939862

https://www.gtplanet.net/the-landscapes-architecture-of-gran-turismo-5/

Recreating the Vast Natural Vistas of the Eiger Nordwand a Daunting Task

Hiroshi Samatsu worked on the racecourse design and played a central role in the design of the course on the North Face of the Eiger. “My challenge was to achieve sufficient intensity in the local photographic material to match the improved image quality of PS3. The Eiger is closed to vehicle traffic, so I had to climb the mountain on foot and use a helicopter to obtain photographs of the 4,000 meter peak. Changeable weather conditions further complicated the task of capturing the best possible pictures.*

to me, I think gt6 depends on if we are having a ps4 or not. Sony has been dedicated to this system and not a peep about ps4 has really been known. But based on what i have been reading (on other websites) the Gaikai streaming (Sony just bought them out) might mean that the ps4 may never come. What mean Gaikai might be a service that we pay for, but we get to stream the video games to our consoles. This means we don't need any new cell processors etc... All we need is to stream the the game into our homes at 480p 1080p etc and more. I know what I said is just an opinion and not based on any confirmed fact.
I'd say that people depend on how accessible it is. Not everyone has a good internet speed/connection and I can only imagine how many people can't use the PSN. The amount of used/new GT4 games that people still buy is continuing to grow. How much of that is due to affordability and accessibility?

Last edited:
o never thought of that. youre right, theyre focusing on the cars. I hope they reach the 2000s with cars.

personaly id rather see standards made premium. while that 2.0 patch allowed in car standards, i still cannot stand to standard cars in car. So like all cars i drive a lot are premiums.

Id also rather see some of the tracks re-done and higher detailed. Some tracks don't even look the same as they used to like cote d'azur in life today doesn't look the same as gt-5 cote d'azur. the layout may be the same but it doesn't look the same.

personaly id rather see standards made premium. while that 2.0 patch allowed in car standards, i still cannot stand to standard cars in car. So like all cars i drive a lot are premiums.

Id also rather see some of the tracks re-done and higher detailed. Some tracks don't even look the same as they used to like cote d'azur in life today doesn't look the same as gt-5 cote d'azur. the layout may be the same but it doesn't look the same.
Same here. A basic interior would help with that tremendously.

It was meant and had to be that way. It's been that way as long as its been in the game, I'm sure.

You think the PS3 is perfect? You better stay away from any PC games then, they are light years ahead of the PS3 and cell. The cell processor came out in 05, it is already 7 years old, that is ancient history in the tech world! As well as the fact that the cell has never lived up to the performance that was expected of it. Sony has said that they will not use the cell in the PS4, but has not said what architecture they will use. Everybody has said that PD is already working on GT6, but if Sony changes architecture the entire game will have to be re coded, graphics engine, everything. This leads one to believe in one of two things:
1. PD is lying about GT6 being in development.
2. GT6 will be a PS3 title.
If GT6 is a PS3 title I wouldn't get too excited about any major improvements in the game and would simply expect more of the same. GT5 is already pushing the limits of the cell processors performance as it is.

Everybody has said that PD is already working on GT6, but if Sony changes architecture the entire game will have to be re coded, graphics engine, everything. This leads one to believe in one of two things:
1. PD is lying about GT6 being in development.
2. GT6 will be a PS3 title.
If GT6 is a PS3 title I wouldn't get too excited about any major improvements in the game and would simply expect more of the same. GT5 is already pushing the limits of the cell processors performance as it is.

But as much as Kaz is obsessed with Skylines and Nissan, he wouldn't be dishonest enough to lie to us :odd: ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back