When Is a Porsche 911 Not a Porsche? When It's the Legendary RUF CTR2

Well although I always liked the CTR2 for its quirky looks but my favorite “Porsche” is the RUF RGT or the 918

Under a million is honestly a steal for a car like this, given its rarity, relatively low mileage and the good shape the car is in. Yeah, it looks an ordinary 993, but this is in a completely different league.

Good luck explaining to people that "It's not a Porsche, it's a RUF" Seriously uncool.

Oh wait, we're not doing that anymore...

I remember being absolutely smitten by the CTR2 from a very, very old Road&Track article (I think) where it was compared to a bunch of other supercars like the McLaren F1 and a Callaway Corvette amongst other things. I'd have mine in Arena Red.

It's one of the reasons why I've preferred RUF to Porsche, at least on the road car front anyway, for taking very much taking their own spin on a Porsche and turning it up to a 11, and to be honest doing a better job, least so in my opinion. And the CTR2 was in my eyes is the best example of a 993 shape Porsche with what RUF did.

On the design (and performance front too really) it's stood the test of time pretty well, and for the price it's actually a pretty solid deal, as I thing it's only going to appreciate.

By the way, the original CTR earned the Yellowbird nickname, not the CTR2. Still, it was an incredible car from GT2 onwards, packing 540+hp and all-wheel drive, you certainly got your virtual money's worth.

It's one of the reasons why I've preferred RUF to Porsche, at least on the road car front anyway, for taking very much taking their own spin on a Porsche and turning it up to a 11, and to be honest doing a better job, least so in my opinion. And the CTR2 was in my eyes is the best example of a 993 shape Porsche with what RUF did.

On the design (and performance front too really) it's stood the test of time pretty well, and for the price it's actually a pretty solid deal, as I thing it's only going to appreciate.
Yeah, 836 grand is a good deal for something like this. It'll no doubt appreciate well into the seven figures.

By the way, the original CTR earned the Yellowbird nickname, not the CTR2. Still, it was an incredible car from GT2 onwards, packing 540+hp and all-wheel drive, you certainly got your virtual money's worth.
And whoever buys this example is definitely getting their real money's worth

I honestly had no idea they only made 16 (or at least, only 16 left), that is indeed quite the rarity.

Also, put me in the camp of preferring RUF's offerings to Porsche's, in the visual department anyway. Thanks to the literal thousands of miles I put on one in GT3, a dark grey 996-based RGT is a car I'd chase down if I were super rich.

I honestly had no idea they only made 16 (or at least, only 16 left), that is indeed quite the rarity.

Also, put me in the camp of preferring RUF's offerings to Porsche's, in the visual department anyway. Thanks to the literal thousands of miles I put on one in GT3, a dark grey 996-based RGT is a car I'd chase down if I were super rich.

The RGT was also my most-driven car in GT3. Sounded and looked soooo good.

Last edited:
I find them a little awkward in person. I remember using it a lot in GT2 though.
20180422_072709.jpg
20180422_072722.jpg

Back