When will we see GT5 ??

  • Thread starter Thread starter Uh_Oh
  • 70 comments
  • 2,206 views
Messages
37
I cant even imagine how nice itll look on the next gen ps.
 
I think you're getting a bit ahead of yourself there. At least wait for GT 4 to arrive, and then a couple of years after that.

Gran Turismo Concept would have been GT4 as it was released after GT 3.
 
Careful, Uh_Oh. You may get OWNED and may have this thread eventually locked. If PD doesn't announce GT5, we won't know about GT5. But if I had to guess, I'd have to say no earlier than 2007, and no later than 2010. There you have my guess. Now before someone comes up with a sarcastic and unrealistic release date, that's my two cents. You dig, man?
 
..-. ..-. ... / --. --- / .- .-- .- -.--
 
hellnback
..-. ..-. ... / --. --- / .- .-- .- -.--

Ah????? I see, is it morse code? Even if it is I can't decipher it.
 
Who even said there was going to be a Gran Turismo 5?
 
Pfffft. Who said that there was even going to be a GT4? I'm suprised that PD hasn't just scrapped it altogether. I'm sure that the GT series will here for a while.
 
It could happen, GT 5 released with the PS 3. (now that's asking alot).
 
its pretty obvious there will be a GT 5. the Gran Turismo series is a franchise, they will keep on expanding and moving on. kind of like the Street Fighter series, Mortal Kombat series, etc.

but theres no point in talking about it now- we're going crazy over the GT4 release, we don't wanna think about GT5 just yet :sly:
 
KY has dropped the name GT5 as a possible future project in some interviews...look around and you will find it...and if it comes out i am confident that it will come out alongside the PS3...as for advancements in the game...even more insane graphics, more refined physics, better AI, drift mode (depending on how D1GP and the overall trend progresses), probably more cars on the grid since the PS3 will be able to handle that kind of information, i would say (please to god) Ferrari, Lambo, and Porshe will be in it because PD had a few years to work out deal with the comapanies, hopefully some Pit Girls hehehehe, and an insane hype because of its release alongside the PS3 (racing gods be willing). there's MY 2 cents and i hope that everyone will recognize my ideas as realistic possibilities, not a bunch of mumbo-jumbo written by some racing fanatic....thank you for taking a few moments of your day to read and reflect on this :)
 
I don't want to think about GT5 at all. It'll make GT4 look inadequate(SP)
 
Cobra S
its pretty obvious there will be a GT 5. the Gran Turismo series is a franchise, they will keep on expanding and moving on. kind of like the Street Fighter series, Mortal Kombat series, etc.

but theres no point in talking about it now- we're going crazy over the GT4 release, we don't wanna think about GT5 just yet :sly:

But Streetfighter went a bit stupid and never really changed the formular, M K was a little more inventive. Gt will be the most successful gaming franchise ever.
 
demon of speed
But Streetfighter went a bit stupid and never really changed the formular, M K was a little more inventive. Gt will be the most successful gaming franchise ever.

street fighter was a rollercoaster franchise- they had good times and bad times. bad times were when street fighter EX came out. they redeemed themselves with street fighter 3:third strike, and of course marvel vs. capcom 2.
 
Marvel vs Capcom 2 is the second best Streetfighter game of all time behind SF 2 The world warrior on the SNES. Do you have all the characters in MvsC2 ?
 
We'll most likely see GT5 in March of 2005 at the Japan electronics convention that is taking place around that time. That's when we'll get a first look at the new PS3. Since PD have had the dev kits for the PS3 for over a year now, I bet they'll have some clips to show at the convention. Why bother to show the PS3 if you can't show what it can do?

If you wondering what the images will look like, then look at the "Photo Mode" pics of GT4. PM pics have increased detail and I bet GT5's video detail will be similar to them. After all, the PS3 will be a high-definition machine.
 
When will we see GT5 ??


......not in our life-times :(
 
damn it, the more i read this forum, the more i understand why online was taken out of the game... who would want to play with these idiots anyway?
 
SaintKamus
damn it, the more i read this forum, the more i understand why online was taken out of the game... who would want to play with these idiots anyway?

That, my good sir is probably the best thing posted today. 👍 Pure comedy.
 
GT5 with the PS3 launch, what like we had GT3 for the PS2 Launch :D.

GT5 = 12>18 months after PS3 Launch date
 
You DO know that you're going to hell for this thread, don't you?
 
we need more cars than just 6 on the track at a time man !!
 
Solid Lifters
We'll most likely see GT5 in March of 2005 at the Japan electronics convention that is taking place around that time. That's when we'll get a first look at the new PS3. Since PD have had the dev kits for the PS3 for over a year now, I bet they'll have some clips to show at the convention. Why bother to show the PS3 if you can't show what it can do?

If you wondering what the images will look like, then look at the "Photo Mode" pics of GT4. PM pics have increased detail and I bet GT5's video detail will be similar to them. After all, the PS3 will be a high-definition machine.

I didnt think any dev kits were available to anyone yet, let alone having them for a year.
Do you have a source for this?
 
I think GT5 is coming out in Japan a few months after the PAL GT4 release, in say 2007?
 
GTXLR
I didnt think any dev kits were available to anyone yet, let alone having them for a year.
Do you have a source for this?

No he doesn't because NO ONE has a development kit for it yet, NO ONE. Sony hasn't even finalized the specs, let alone released anything solid. All that has been given to developers as of now is a "projected specification" and the fact that it will use the Blu-Ray disc.

With that said, polyphony has already started their "pre-emptive" for GT5, because all of the textures that you see in GT4, are LOW RES versions of the original Texture. All car textures, track textures, etc, were cut down to work on PS2, but are extremely high res, and will be reused for PS3 in high-res format. There is a lot of work already cut down, because all that will be left for the 650+ cars that will be featured in the game off the bat is mostly complete, all that needs to be done is re-modeling. If anything we will see FSAA fully implimented, improved AI (hopefully) and more cars on the track at once. Also expect them to add moving parts to the tracks, i.e. trees, leaves, debris, and updated spectators as well. Other expectations would be exhuast smoke, improved lighting (can't get much better though), improved reflections.

IF PD Decides to use the Blu-Ray disc, then you WILL see FULL surround sound in the game, because it's REQUIRED with the Blu-Ray format.

I would expect that they will not impliment too many weather changes as of now, nor will damage be in it, because they will want PS3 and GT5 release to be relatively close to each other.
 
I'm sorry I am a car enthusiast not a computer one, what is a blue ray disk?
 
Hopefully theyll cram in a whole load more real world tracks too! :)
 
xcsti
I'm sorry I am a car enthusiast not a computer one, what is a blue ray disk?

Blu-Ray is projected to be the new standard for disc media. Sony (one of the key elements in developing the format) hopes to convert it to the standard to replace DVD.

A DVD Disc holds appox. 4.7GB of information. Blu-Ray Format discs hold roughly 30GB.

And I do see more tracks, because many have said they "saw" PD taking pictures and data from other tracks, so it is very possible that they are beginning their texture work etc already, and base modeling so they can import it when they get the Dev kits for PS3.

I believe we can expect to see PS3 between Late 1st Quarter06 to 2nd Quarter 06, and GT5 releasing 1st Quarter of 07.
 
Solid Lifters
If you wondering what the images will look like, then look at the "Photo Mode" pics of GT4. PM pics have increased detail and I bet GT5's video detail will be similar to them. After all, the PS3 will be a high-definition machine.
It'll look much better than photomode :D
Photomode is just GT4 in higher reso and some nice effects and details.

tha_con
I would expect that they will not impliment too many weather changes as of now, nor will damage be in it, because they will want PS3 and GT5 release to be relatively close to each other.
I do expect many weather changes, it's a next-gen console ffs, and for damage I don't know, Kazunori will probably say it isn't perfect. (god, then why do we have GT1, 2, 3?)
 
Pak
It'll look much better than photomode :D
Photomode is just GT4 in higher reso and some nice effects and details.


I do expect many weather changes, it's a next-gen console ffs, and for damage I don't know, Kazunori will probably say it isn't perfect. (god, then why do we have GT1, 2, 3?)

Weather changes will require a new physics engine. Period. Because wind, water, etc will effect the way the car sticks to the pavement, and how accelleration etc work w/the car, so no, they will not do this for the first release on a next gen-console, they just spent years recreating a new physics engine, I doubt we'll see rain/snow/wind, at least with a lot of realistic effecfts.

And Damage won't be in GT5. The work involved would require it to come out in Late 07/early 08, sony will not miss out on the money maker like that. Everyone will be dissappointed with GT5, expect that.
They will complain about everything that isn't right etc etc etc...even tho progress is there, since it didn't come all in one bundle they will still complain...blah.
 
Back