When will we see GT5 ??

  • Thread starter Thread starter Uh_Oh
  • 70 comments
  • 2,206 views
I don't think it's worth pondering at all. Too early to talk about it, there will probably be a new Concept game released on the PS 2 in a couple of years. :)
 
y thank you 213101...i try...but demon of speed is right....who the **** cares...GT4 isnt even out so y r we talking about GT5...i quit this thread!
 
GT4 is supposedly the last GT game for the PS2. But people! We got get through the new game next year first before GT5. :)
 
If PD runs true to form GT 5 will be a lot like GT and GT3.
Both were the "intro" games of the genre for their respective systems.
If the promise holds GT4 will be much like GT2. Hopefully, without the degradation on the graphics.
GT has a relatively small number of cars and tracks, GT 3 has a relatively large number of cars, but not compared to GT2.
GT 4 is s'posed to have like 50 tracks and 500 cars.

So GT 5 should have about 25 tracks (some new) and about 200-220 cars. But this is all just speculation. And I have to agree with Famine on this thread.

Now if you're counting all the GT games, then all bets are off as GT4 would actually be like GT 6 if you happen to be counting GT Concept and GT4 Prologue.
 
Gil
So GT 5 should have about 25 tracks (some new) and about 200-220 cars. But this is all just speculation. And I have to agree with Famine on this thread.

GT5 will have no less than GT4. When PD began development on GT4, they kept next generation consoles in mind, and all textures were shot in extremely high res, so that they can be reused.

The problem with GT3 was that all the textures, etc, had to be completely reworked and redone, hence they had to rush the game out and make money, less cars.
 
I think I'd rather wait until GT4 comes out, because getting worked up about GT5 totaly defeats the purpose of getting worked up for GT4. However, given all the delays with GT4, it's very possible that GT5 will be released first.

But starting a thread on GT5 when we haven't even gotten our hands on GT4 is rather silly.
 
tha_con
GT5 will have no less than GT4. When PD began development on GT4, they kept next generation consoles in mind, and all textures were shot in extremely high res, so that they can be reused.

The problem with GT3 was that all the textures, etc, had to be completely reworked and redone, hence they had to rush the game out and make money, less cars.

Take a long time to remodel all the cars & in GT5 we would probably talking about 25,000 polies a car or something including interiors (well there ought to be!). Which will take a lot of time, atleast for GT5. However maybe for GT4 they started out with a high poly car & then used the 3D program (Maya?) to reduce the number of polies for the ingame models (Well I assume Maya has this feature as Max does).

It would not suprise me if GT5 was similar to GT3 in lack of real content since like with GT3, PD will have Sony on their back. I think the estimate of 200 & odd cars is a realistic one, higher then GT3 but not too many. I also think GT1 was far, far, far better than GT3 at the time. Once I got used to GT3s graphics it was like "Hmmm, I guess I'll load GT2 up again. Oh dear the graphics now look as bad as something I dropped in the toilet, damn, now I will have to wait until GT4 " ;)
 
T5-R
Take a long time to remodel all the cars & in GT5 we would probably talking about 25,000 polies a car or something including interiors (well there ought to be!). Which will take a lot of time, atleast for GT5. However maybe for GT4 they started out with a high poly car & then used the 3D program (Maya?) to reduce the number of polies for the ingame models (Well I assume Maya has this feature as Max does).
In order to get Photomode in GT4 to work (And look the way it does), they have to have a model with at least that number of polys - which means that PD already has 500+ car models ready for GT5...
 
Flerbizky
In order to get Photomode in GT4 to work (And look the way it does), they have to have a model with at least that number of polys - which means that PD already has 500+ car models ready for GT5...

That is true, somehow I find it easy to forget about the photo mode ;) But yeah creating really impressive lighting does need alot of polies to work with. Still I can't say I remember seeing any higher poly cars in photo mode pics? Just ingame cars with AA, AF, fancy background & lighting. But maybe I haven't been paying that much attention, since to me photo mode pics aren't what the playable game will look like.
 
T5-R
That is true, somehow I find it easy to forget about the photo mode ;) But yeah creating really impressive lighting does need alot of polies to work with. Still I can't say I remember seeing any higher poly cars in photo mode pics? Just ingame cars with AA, AF, fancy background & lighting. But maybe I haven't been paying that much attention, since to me photo mode pics aren't what the playable game will look like.
I'm fairly sure the cars in PM will be much higher poly counts than their driveable counterparts. Remember you'll be able to zoom in on parts of the car, fenders, brakes, wheels etc. etc. And this WILL require an obscene amount of polys.. Twas having a look around, and "professionally" modelled cars that that's for sale on the net ranges from 25000 (Mercedes A Class) over 462000 (Racing Porsche - Linkage) then probably up to some obscne amount I can't comprehend...
 
Back