Where are all the Iconic cars ???

  • Thread starter Thread starter Japspecvr6
  • 228 comments
  • 22,108 views
Go play forza if you don't like it, PD is Japanese so there focus wil be JDM cars. If it you ask me GT4 was the best, no lamborghini, ferrari or masarati!

Maybe if you people weren't crying all the time about how GT didn't have any exotic's you would have gotten more european normal cars! But offcourse people are never happy, you got what you wanted no live with it.



I know, but still atleast there are two premium silvia's. What i'm realy mad at is that the AE86 and JZA80 Supra are not premium.

Right no brother!

I feel the same way. GT has always been about JDM cars. They are based in Japan. I was irrated when they added more american and european cars into the game from gt2 and on..

I trully hope nobody from PD or Sony reads all the whining here. GT5 is a completely new game! New physics, new cars, new tracks.

Can't wait.

And ya if you have played every GT game then of course there are going to be repeats of cars used in the past.

More new people are going to be buying this game, in reference to people who played GT4, they won't now they were already in GT4, they won't care.
 
The game has lots of great cars. I would like to see more American classics added into the mix but there are some good ones already. Supercars are cool in moderation but I would not want a game filled with supercars rather than classic road cars and everyday beaters. I really enjoy hopping up a beater and blowing the doors of some over priced supercar.

Would love to see some Thunderbirds and Firebirds added to the mix as well as some AMC classics. Would love to see some 50s American models as well.

Could you imagion what this game could be like if we had the assortment of American and European cars that is already there with the JDM cars. That would be incredible.

As it is I have no problem with the car list. Plenty of cool cars to drive.
 
Right no brother!

I feel the same way. GT has always been about JDM cars. They are based in Japan. I was irrated when they added more american and european cars into the game from gt2 and on..

I trully hope nobody from PD or Sony reads all the whining here. GT5 is a completely new game! New physics, new cars, new tracks.

Can't wait.

And ya if you have played every GT game then of course there are going to be repeats of cars used in the past.

More new people are going to be buying this game, in reference to people who played GT4, they won't now they were already in GT4, they won't care.
What new cars? There's barely any "new to the series" cars.
 
1990-93 Honda Integra XSI, i dont think any game has ever had this car!
 
trueno is standard???? i really don't believe, it's one of the most modded car in japan and they didn't do it premium?

for me is epic fail this ideal of managing cars..

This was what I thought when I first saw the list. Thought that this car had such legendary status in Japan. PD even made the initial d version of this car in gt4 and the psp version.

To me this was just an astonishing exclusion.
 
Pretty good showing as far as us VW fans go. Premium Samba will be tons of fun! They decided to pass on the mkII and mkIII Golf though, arguably skipping the two best marques with the mkII gti 16v and mkIII VR6. Also when talking about icons, they should of made the mkI premium. Along with the Lupo Cup car too, because I love them!

I dont agree with the notion that iconic = fastest at all, from the top gear power board i'd only say the cateram and veyron are icons. The others quite frankly are a dime a dozen. Sure they're exciting, but icons they are not.

GT5 car list looks top notch in my opinion.

But what about the scirocco? I was shocked that did not make the car list.
 
I think the problem is that PD is out of touch with the West, where their games sell the most copies. The game is obviously catered more towards Japanese cars, which is fair enough because that's where the devs are from, but there are so many glaring omissions. Classics like the e30 M3 or DB5, or some of the most popular cars in Europe today like the A4/RS4 or VW Scirocco (infact I think the most recent A4/RS4 is ported from GT4, the R8 and TT are the only new Audis).

There are still more cars than I will ever buy in GT5, but I'm really disappointed that so many of the cars released since GT4 have been ignored, and some genuine classics are still missing or have even been removed.
 
I'm utterly, utterly disappointed by the car list. When I first saw the Official Car List in the News Feed I thought Jordan had made a monumental error and posted the GT4 list by mistake.

What I'm most confused about is that for all the countless skylines they've included, they've left out the KPC10 'Hakosuka', the original GTR. If this car isn't iconic, I don't know what is. There goes my dreams of putting the Hakosuka up against a 250GTO, a '66 Shelby Mustang and a DB4 GT Zagato in a race of epic 60's GT cars.

I thought we'd at least get a handfull of iconic 70's and 80's F1 cars, especially from the turbo era.

Not to mention the lacking DTM cars (possibly the most iconic touring car series ever?), old BTCC cars (another contender for the later trophy), the huge gaps in the Grp. B rally cars, the new generation of European hot hatches (Scirroco, Mk. 6 Golf, Focus RS, Megane R27.R), older Euro hatches, big powerful saloons (E63 AMG, S65 AMG, BMW M5, Toyota JZX, Maseratti Quattroporte, Audi RS4, Cadillac CTS-V, Benetly Continental). I'll stop there, but I could continue, but I'll won't.

And to those saying that we'll never be happy whatever cars are included, this is true, but there are just SO MANY glaringly obvious omissions.

Edit: Just one more group! Apart from the Mk.1 Golf, there are no other older water cooled VWs, which seems a shame. No original Scirroco, no Mk.2 and 3 Golfs, no Corrado VR6 with it's silky smooth, ICONIC engine. Frustrates me a lot.
 
Last edited:
PD really needs to revise what cars people actually want to drive !:crazy:
 
Senna/Prost F1 car?
Dino?
Meh their only good car
Those V12's from the 70's/80's?
Lacetti?
There's only the Stratos' and the Delta's
Reventon?
Only ONE!! Maserati
Completely ignored FPV and V8 Supercars
Lots of Aston's missing Standard
e30, e36 M3. Late model M6's. e30 320i's etc

I just pointed out there are plenty of iconic cars that are in GT5. You are merely adding cars you think should be in (they are iconic, but just because they are missing, doesn't mean there aren't any iconic cars already in....).
Sure, I agree that more would be better, but don't start complaining about the percieved lack of iconic cars. There are many in the game already. Just not your personal favourites.

Not even one car of the top 10 of the Top gear test track are in-game..
schermafbeelding2010111b.png

Just plain bad..

Only the Veyron, Zonda and Caterham (and possibly the CCX) could be argued to be "iconic". The rest are just fast cars, that simply set fast times for TopGear. This doesn't constitute "iconic".

You can keep those cars, I'll be happy driving cars like the F40 and the McLaren F1.

Have half the people in this thread even played GT1? It seems to me that most of you only care for 200mph monsters, which is not just what GT is about. The thing that makes GT most special is the fun that can be had with a simple Toyota Yaris. The fact you are surprised there are more "common" cars than there are supercars or suppsed "iconics" tells me you haven't.
 
Last edited:
There's plenty of exotic stuff. Enciah's list sums it up best - all the current crop that folks want to drive IRL
 
Right no brother!

I feel the same way. GT has always been about JDM cars. They are based in Japan. I was irrated when they added more american and european cars into the game from gt2 and on..

You realize the cover car on the first Gran turismo was a Chevy Camaro right? Sure is JDM there..
 
I found some of the missing iconic cars...

Forza34-1.jpg


Forza33-1.jpg


Forza32-1.jpg


Forza31-1.jpg


Forza30-1.jpg


Forza29-1.jpg


Forza22-1.jpg


Forza19-1.jpg


Forza24.jpg



Sorry - I couldn't resist!
 
Yes, really strange, the didn't want to put in the iconic cars, because thay are affraid that the going to kill the supercars in game. Thats why they didn't made the supra mkiv as premium, because they dont like when supercars get beat by tuners. Kaz knows that, Nissan wouldn't let PD put in all those skylines, if they would make the supra mkiv as premium. With the supra as standard no one will buy it, and therfore no battle between supra and skyline.
 
Disappointment from the gate isn't acceptable. Kaz has to explain the logic behind this. Standard cars can't change wheels.....Smh.....I really can't believe PD fell short this time.
 
koenigsegg, chrysler me four twelve, gumpert, ascari, noble, ariel atom, e30 m3, el camino, general lee dodge charger, the batmobile, ferrari f355, 512 tr, actually if I list all the ferrari's missing I'll be here forever, the lambo reventon, the countach is not premium, and most of all THE VEYRON IS STANDARD? WT*?
 
No game is perfect. I'll simply hope for more Euro cars for DLC or for GT6. I'm sure I'll have tons of fun with the game, as is. :)
 
Disappointment from the gate isn't acceptable. Kaz has to explain the logic behind this. Standard cars can't change wheels.....Smh.....I really can't believe PD fell short this time.

what the hell is wrong with you? PD fell short because of friggin wheel changes? you have got to be joking. if you like a car, you like it as it is. and this game has done more innovative things than any game to date. sure the car list blows and the damage is a little underwhelming, but you're complaining about wheels? GT*O wait til you get the game. the course maker and car physics alone make this games bowel movements look like any other racing game
 
I think Europe the U.S and any other country that is under represented in terms of car selection should boycott GT5, maybe that will get PD's attention and make them add balance to the car selection.

I'd throw away your PS3 as well. That'll show them.
 
I'm utterly, utterly disappointed by the car list. When I first saw the Official Car List in the News Feed I thought Jordan had made a monumental error and posted the GT4 list by mistake.

What I'm most confused about is that for all the countless skylines they've included, they've left out the KPC10 'Hakosuka', the original GTR. If this car isn't iconic, I don't know what is. There goes my dreams of putting the Hakosuka up against a 250GTO, a '66 Shelby Mustang and a DB4 GT Zagato in a race of epic 60's GT cars.

I thought we'd at least get a handfull of iconic 70's and 80's F1 cars, especially from the turbo era.

Not to mention the lacking DTM cars (possibly the most iconic touring car series ever?), old BTCC cars (another contender for the later trophy), the huge gaps in the Grp. B rally cars, the new generation of European hot hatches (Scirroco, Mk. 6 Golf, Focus RS, Megane R27.R), older Euro hatches, big powerful saloons (E63 AMG, S65 AMG, BMW M5, Toyota JZX, Maseratti Quattroporte, Audi RS4, Cadillac CTS-V, Benetly Continental). I'll stop there, but I could continue, but I'll won't.

And to those saying that we'll never be happy whatever cars are included, this is true, but there are just SO MANY glaringly obvious omissions.

Edit: Just one more group! Apart from the Mk.1 Golf, there are no other older water cooled VWs, which seems a shame. No original Scirroco, no Mk.2 and 3 Golfs, no Corrado VR6 with it's silky smooth, ICONIC engine. Frustrates me a lot.

+100

I was blown away by PD's choice of cars to include in the game. I mean.. no Premium Diablo?! No F-50? No 355, 250 GTO, 360?! Where TF is the E30 M3?! THAT IS AN ICONIC CAR HERE PEOPLE. The newest RUF they have is 10 years old and none are premium. They spend 5+ years working on this game and they only have a handful of 05 and newer cars. What have you guys been doing over there PD?!
 
+100

...What have you guys been doing over there PD?!

GT5 Prologue, GT5 PSP, a completely new game engine, weather modelling, track editor, Nascar, biggest vehicle roster ever in a game, most detailed vehicles ever in a game, karts, not to mention developing two future hypercars ( GT by Citroen and the Red Bull X1 ).

Idle, workshy fops!
 
Creating the new game engine was certainly a lot of work, but I feel they have wasted some time on things that weren't really necessary. Partially this is Sonys fault, wanting to push PSP:GO sales and implementing 3D to push TV sales.

But PD also admitted they went overboard with the details of the premium cars. I'd really prefer having more premium cars of, say, Prologue LOD to having accurately recreated stitches in the leathers seats.
 
Creating the new game engine was certainly a lot of work, but I feel they have wasted some time on things that weren't really necessary. Partially this is Sonys fault, wanting to push PSP:GO sales and implementing 3D to push TV sales.

But PD also admitted they went overboard with the details of the premium cars. I'd really prefer having more premium cars of, say, Prologue LOD to having accurately recreated stitches in the leathers seats.


Not to mention animated car washed and oil changes which add nothing. ...and I'd rather take a picture of my E30 M3 on Spa then one of 500 Miatas in the Red Bull hanger!
 
what the hell is wrong with you? PD fell short because of friggin wheel changes? you have got to be joking. if you like a car, you like it as it is. and this game has done more innovative things than any game to date. sure the car list blows and the damage is a little underwhelming, but you're complaining about wheels? GT*O wait til you get the game. the course maker and car physics alone make this games bowel movements look like any other racing game

Its not about the wheel changes of the standard cars why i'm upset....Its the excuses with the delay after delay. There is nothing you can tell me that coding from Gt3 can't implemented with the standard of "STANDARD" cars. I agree with you that this game has changed the landscape of racing simulator forever but call a spade a spade. They wasted time on silly 3D output and head tracking and a slew of other things. and as for the course maker thats really not a big deal to I rather do 400 laps around the Ring & Spa than to build my own 3 mile track, As fun as it sounds im pretty sure that wasn't an internal priority, That sounds like something taken out of a study group. 200 premium models my foot, The hell with photomode, and 3d could kiss my you know what. TAKE CARE OF THE CORE ELEMENT:

Racing.........

More Tracks.
Better Cars ( And I haven't met anyone that was thrilled about the list)

Lord Help Them If Online isnt Smooth.

@ the end of the day we will have a copy of GT but will I say that it was worth the wait as far as what I can see No. Its move of release it now and stop the bleeding and you have 4 months to put me back in GT heaven with a DLC and dont dare mention Gt6 until this one is corrected. And show Bmw some love along with the other iconic cars in this thread along with all cars having a cockpit.

Thanks
 
Last edited:
Well let me be first to come out and say that i see some DEFINITE Japanese bias in the game when it come's to the cars. They give us 51 different Skylines, but only 3 Aston Martins for example, or as someone said earlier, no CTS-V, or MC-12?

And then they spam the hell out of the game with 150-200 car's that you'll maybe drive once? Maybe never? How many more good car's could they of given us if they just would've, let's say got rid of 20 of the Skylines, or RX7's.

Where's some of the IMSA car's from the 90's? Where's the Audi S1 rally car? Where's a Koeniggsegg? No no no, forget tho's. Im sure players much rather drive a Mazda Demio GL-X.....
 
Well let me be first to come out and say that i see some DEFINITE Japanese bias in the game when it come's to the cars. They give us 51 different Skylines, but only 3 Aston Martins for example, or as someone said earlier, no CTS-V, or MC-12?

And then they spam the hell out of the game with 150-200 car's that you'll maybe drive once? Maybe never? How many more good car's could they of given us if they just would've, let's say got rid of 20 of the Skylines, or RX7's.

Where's some of the IMSA car's from the 90's? Where's the Audi S1 rally car? Where's a Koeniggsegg? No no no, forget tho's. Im sure players much rather drive a Mazda Demio GL-X.....
The bias has been there forever and its plain as day why it exists. This is due to the fact that Sony and PD and KY and almost everyone associated with the master implementation of the game is from Japan. EA's NFS, by comparison for the most part included only 2 or 3 Japanese cars and much more from Europe and America.

On another note, GT5 gets Ferraris and it leaves NFS in the dust as they don't have the prancing horse in their newest game.
 
Its not about the wheel changes of the standard cars why i'm upset....Its the excuses with the delay after delay. There is nothing you can tell me that coding from Gt3 can't implemented with the standard of "STANDARD" cars. I agree with you that this game has changed the landscape of racing simulator forever but call a spade a spade. They wasted time on silly 3D output and head tracking and a slew of other things. and as for the course maker thats really not a big deal to I rather do 400 laps around the Ring & Spa than to build my own 3 mile track, As fun as it sounds im pretty sure that wasn't an internal priority, That sounds like something taken out of a study group. 200 premium models my foot, The hell with photomode, and 3d could kiss my you know what. TAKE CARE OF THE CORE ELEMENT:
Well let's try. GT3 was on a different platform. It is highly unlikely that the code from GT3 is useful at all in GT5. There is a reason why PS2 games will not work on the PS3 afterall.
 
The bias has been there forever and its plain as day why it exists. This is due to the fact that Sony and PD and KY and almost everyone associated with the master implementation of the game is from Japan. EA's NFS, by comparison for the most part included only 2 or 3 Japanese cars and much more from Europe and America.

On another note, GT5 gets Ferraris and it leaves NFS in the dust as they don't have the prancing horse in their newest game.

This is true, but 51 different Skylines? Come onnnn :confused:

As for that new NFS game i won't be bothering with that. The supercar/police cars was cool when i was 10, that just doesn't appeal to me anymore. NFS ****, i mean Shift was pretty lame. So i doubt this wil be any better, as far as the driving physics go anyway.
 
Well let's try. GT3 was on a different platform. It is highly unlikely that the code from GT3 is useful at all in GT5. There is a reason why PS2 games will not work on the PS3 afterall.

I thought that was mainly to keep up sales of PS2s after the PS3s release?

Anyway, GT4 was on the PS2 too and thoses codes are very useful in GT5, seeing as they make up >80% of the cars in the game.
 
First at all, what do you understand for "Iconic"?
 
Back