Where are all the Iconic cars ???

  • Thread starter Thread starter Japspecvr6
  • 228 comments
  • 22,108 views
Pretty good showing as far as us VW fans go. Premium Samba will be tons of fun! They decided to pass on the mkII and mkIII Golf though, arguably skipping the two best marques with the mkII gti 16v and mkIII VR6. Also when talking about icons, they should of made the mkI premium. Along with the Lupo Cup car too, because I love them!

I dont agree with the notion that iconic = fastest at all, from the top gear power board i'd only say the cateram and veyron are icons. The others quite frankly are a dime a dozen. Sure they're exciting, but icons they are not.

GT5 car list looks top notch in my opinion.
 
I think the problem we have here is that everyone was complaining for years that GT didn't have damage, didn't have weather, didn't have day/night cycles, etc. So PD spent all their development time working on those major changes (as well as the physics engine which is a hugely important change) and couldn't dedicate as much time to new cars/tracks.

Frankly, as amazing as the weather and day/night transitions look, they're not nearly as important to me as having more relevant premium cars and tracks in the game. Sure we have tons of carryover crappy cars from GT4, but hardly anything new and even less tracks. I certainly could've done without the damage if that meant an extra 50 premium cars and another 4 or 5 real-life tracks.
 
I think the problem we have here is that everyone was complaining for years that GT didn't have damage, didn't have weather, didn't have day/night cycles, etc. So PD spent all their development time working on those major changes (as well as the physics engine which is a hugely important change) and couldn't dedicate as much time to new cars/tracks.

Frankly, as amazing as the weather and day/night transitions look, they're not nearly as important to me as having more relevant premium cars and tracks in the game. Sure we have tons of carryover crappy cars from GT4, but hardly anything new and even less tracks. I certainly could've done without the damage if that meant an extra 50 premium cars and another 4 or 5 real-life tracks.

Agreed.

But hey, there's always GT6 right? :)
 
I dont agree with the notion that iconic = fastest at all, from the top gear power board i'd only say the cateram and veyron are icons. The others quite frankly are a dime a dozen. Sure they're exciting, but icons they are not.
for the most part I'd agree with this, but the caparo, zonda, koenigsegg and apollo have become somewhat iconic simply for how utterly insane they are.
 
When I think of iconic cars I rarely ever think of the newer cars and especially not just the fast ones. 55 T'bird, 65 Mustang, 54 Vette, Model T Ford, GT 40, Shebly Cobra, 57 Chevy and such as well as older Jaguars and many other older European sports cars. Even the 60s VW Beattles.

I had not even heard of the Veyron until I saw it in FM3 and this is the only other place I have saw it talked about much far from iconic status IMO and very ugly as well.

As for fast ones how about the 1963 Ford Fairlane Thunderbolt, or the Dodge Ram Charger or even the A Stock Galaxie some of the fastest 1/4 mile cars of thier time.

Edit I almost forgot the El Camino. I would like to have some of those in the game as well. They are pretty much an icon in many circles.
 
Last edited:
I think the problem we have here is that everyone was complaining for years that GT didn't have damage, didn't have weather, didn't have day/night cycles, etc. So PD spent all their development time working on those major changes (as well as the physics engine which is a hugely important change) and couldn't dedicate as much time to new cars/tracks.

Frankly, as amazing as the weather and day/night transitions look, they're not nearly as important to me as having more relevant premium cars and tracks in the game. Sure we have tons of carryover crappy cars from GT4, but hardly anything new and even less tracks. I certainly could've done without the damage if that meant an extra 50 premium cars and another 4 or 5 real-life tracks.
I have the complete opposite view, sure there are cars and tracks I'd like to see but every week a new road or race car is launched so you'll always be up against satisfying everyones needs.

GT5P quickly highlighted how boring 50+ cars and a handful of tracks can become when you are limited in how you compose grids, track conditions, race length and no consequence crashes.

In RL people race and trackday the same car on a couple of circuits over and over again because it's the driving experience, track conditions and different opponents that bring them back.

The core driving experience and feature set need to be locked down after which cars and tracks can be added via DLC. Even when DLC arrives there'll still be complaints from those who's favourite is missing.
 
Ford GT40 road car
BMW M3 E30
Koeniggsegg(sp) CCX/CCR
Ferrari 250 GT0
Ferrari 250 Testarossa('58 lemans winner)
Ferrari 360/360 CS
Jaguar C/D Type
Aston Martin DB5/DBS/V8/V12 Vantage's
RUF R Turbo/RT12
Lamborghini Diablo Road car/Miura P400SV/Diablo SV/GT
Lotus Exige
And more which I can't think of right now
 
One of the cars i was most looking forward to driving in Gt5 after learning PD were implementing Ferrari's was the infamous Ferrari F50, or maybe even the older 360's and 355's. I figured that they were going to cover the whole line but alas, i was wrong. I will still enjoy this game incredibly yet i will always wonder what could have been.
 
They're in FM3. They might be a studio run by bigmouths and owned by morons, but they sure know how to offer up iconic motors.

It's iconic which unfortunately (for Forza) does not mean plastic.
 
Nissan Silvia S10
Nissan Silvia S13
Nissan Silvia S14
Nissan Silvia S15

where is S11 and S12? S12 did a lot of rally racing and is one of Daijiro Inada (Video Option founder) favorite Nissan of all time, the silvia s12 turbo super silhouette.

where is the love?
 
I think Europe the U.S and any other country that is under represented in terms of car selection should boycott GT5, maybe that will get PD's attention and make them add balance to the car selection.
 
I wanted to try/choose my next real life car in GT5; the cars i wanted to test were:

VW Golf VI GTI / R
VW Scirocco R
Ford Focus II RS
Renault Megane III RS
Audi S3 07
VW Golf V R32
Renault Clio III RS cup
Seat Leon II cupra / R
BMW 130
VW Polo GTI TSI 180
Audi A1
Alfa romeo Mito QV

I was confidant that one of these car will be in GT5 but....:ouch::crazy:
 
I think Europe the U.S and any other country that is under represented in terms of car selection should boycott GT5, maybe that will get PD's attention and make them add balance to the car selection.

Yeah, sure, they're really going to take notice of a few less copies sold from the millions they are going to sell. :rolleyes:

Where are the iconic cars? How about:
McLaren F1
Ferrari F40
Dodge Viper
Fiat 500
Jaguar XJ220
Chevrolet Corvette
Lancia Stratos
Lamborghini Countach
Ford GT40
Maserati Gran Turismo
TVR Tuscan Speed 6
Aston Martin DB9
Bugatti Veyron
BMW M3
....to name just a few...
 
I think Europe the U.S and any other country that is under represented in terms of car selection should boycott GT5, maybe that will get PD's attention and make them add balance to the car selection.

Go play forza if you don't like it, PD is Japanese so there focus wil be JDM cars. If it you ask me GT4 was the best, no lamborghini, ferrari or masarati!

Maybe if you people weren't crying all the time about how GT didn't have any exotic's you would have gotten more european normal cars! But offcourse people are never happy, you got what you wanted no live with it.

Nissan Silvia S10
Nissan Silvia S13
Nissan Silvia S14
Nissan Silvia S15

where is S11 and S12? S12 did a lot of rally racing and is one of Daijiro Inada (Video Option founder) favorite Nissan of all time, the silvia s12 turbo super silhouette.

where is the love?

I know, but still atleast there are two premium silvia's. What i'm realy mad at is that the AE86 and JZA80 Supra are not premium.
 
Nissan Silvia S10
Nissan Silvia S13
Nissan Silvia S14
Nissan Silvia S15

where is S11 and S12? S12 did a lot of rally racing and is one of Daijiro Inada (Video Option founder) favorite Nissan of all time, the silvia s12 turbo super silhouette.

where is the love?

Yes men that's a shame... and do you remember the nissan Pulsars that were in GT2 ?? the GTI-R an the N1 were awesome, to bad PD forgot about them :(
 
Yeah, sure, they're really going to take notice of a few less copies sold from the millions they are going to sell. :rolleyes:

Where are the iconic cars? How about:
McLaren F1

Senna/Prost F1 car?

Ferrari F40

Dino?

Dodge Viper

Meh their only good car


Jaguar XJ220

Those V12's from the 70's/80's?

Chevrolet Corvette

Lacetti?

Lancia Stratos

There's only the Stratos' and the Delta's

Lamborghini Countach

Reventon?

Maserati Gran Turismo

Only ONE!! Maserati


Completely ignored FPV and V8 Supercars

Aston Martin DB9

Lots of Aston's missing

Bugatti Veyron

Standard!


e30, e36 M3. Late model M6's. e30 320i's etc
 
I wanted to try/choose my next real life car in GT5; the cars i wanted to test were:

VW Golf VI GTI / R
VW Scirocco R
Ford Focus II RS
Renault Megane III RS
Audi S3 07
VW Golf V R32
Renault Clio III RS cup
Seat Leon II cupra / R
BMW 130
VW Polo GTI TSI 180
Audi A1
Alfa romeo Mito QV

I was confidant that one of these car will be in GT5 but....:ouch::crazy:

I'll save you the trouble of testing. you should buy the focus RS. now. :crazy:
 
The fact that they have left out the E30 M3 in all of it's beautiful variations is extremely aggravating.

They should have at least included the DTM version to go along with the mercedes 190 evo 2 in DTM dressing.

This is so disappointing I'm considering not buying the game. There's more nissans then all the german cars put together. Seriously this game is shaping up to be a real let down.

All I asked for was the e30 m3. That is it. **** you PD.
 
Go play forza if you don't like it, PD is Japanese so there focus wil be JDM cars. If it you ask me GT4 was the best, no lamborghini, ferrari or masarati!

Maybe if you people weren't crying all the time about how GT didn't have any exotic's you would have gotten more european normal cars! But offcourse people are never happy, you got what you wanted no live with it.



I know, but still atleast there are two premium silvia's. What i'm realy mad at is that the AE86 and JZA80 Supra are not premium.
are you like a polyphony nutswinger? im sure they dont pay you to fend off their beloved probably 25% new game.

Not even one car of the top 10 of the Top gear test track are in-game..
schermafbeelding2010111b.png

Just plain bad..
x2

i really dont think its bad, i think its pathetic.

im buying the game, but i hope sony fixes the decision making in polyphony (fire some people). yes i said it. 💡
 
Last edited by a moderator:
You know some people are going to tell you there not iconic. ^

Not me I believe they should be in.
Maybe they couldn't get the license for a gumpert lol.
 
Not even one car of the top 10 of the Top gear test track are in-game..
schermafbeelding2010111b.png

Just plain bad..

Man I just noticed that. I have to agree it's a pretty big oversight. Even if you ignore what the cars actually are and think of it this way: Top Gear is one of the most popular car programs in the world, shown in over 100 countries and according to Wikipedia with over 350 million viewers... therefore those cars are going to be fairly popular as well and would have been well-received by a large percentage of gamers. Plus the fact they've got the TG Test Track in the game means it would have made sense for them to include some of the cars so we can match the times.
 
Man I just noticed that. I have to agree it's a pretty big oversight. Even if you ignore what the cars actually are and think of it this way: Top Gear is one of the most popular car programs in the world, shown in over 100 countries and according to Wikipedia with over 350 million viewers... therefore those cars are going to be fairly popular as well and would have been well-received by a large percentage of gamers. Plus the fact they've got the TG Test Track in the game means it would have made sense for them to include some of the cars so we can match the times.

These cars in GT5 would be cool. But they're not essential. There's an infinite amount of obscure awesome cars which would be cool in GT. The majority of well known super cars are included: lambo, ferrari
 
There's heaps of Iconic cars from the 80's and 90's in the game. Skylines R31 - R34, Chev Camaro and Corvettes, Jag XJ220, McLaren F1, Lambo Countach, Nissan 300ZX, original Pagani Zonda.. I could go on for ages.
 
I'm really surprised about the lack of the E30 M3.

Some older EU fords would've been cool as well.
 
It's 6:30 in the AM and I don't have time to read every post as I should be sleeping (insomnia, I haven't been to sleep yet...), but here is a short list of some major players that are missing:

Hyundai Genesis Coupe; E34 BMW M5; E30 and E36 M3s; Porsche in its entirety (I know, I know...licensing issue); Ferrari 288GTO, 250GT Lusso, Testarossa, F50, 333SP, and I'd have loved to have the 355 and 355 Challenge too (and I'm not a huge Ferrari fan either); Bugatti EB110; Koenigsegg in its entirety; Ultima GTR720 (fastest road-legal car on street tires around the TG test track [1:12.8], and on slicks it was faster than the FXX [1:09.9]. Some will deny it or try to discredit Ultima Sports Ltd but it's true); Lancia 037 rally car; MG Metro 6R4; Audi Quattro rally car, maybe even in Pikes Peak trim (the Quattro listed is a lame concept car from '03 IIRC); Mosler MT900; Noble in its entirety; any of the old McLaren CAN-AM racers, notable classic F1 cars like the Lotus John Player Special, the Brabham BT46B "fan car", Senna's McLaren MP4/4...the list goes on; old Aussie Ford Falcon XB; BMW M1; any Alfa Romeo with the word "Abarth" in the name (couldn't care less about the Fiat 500 Abarth personally, but the Fiat 131 Abarth would have been amazing); an Aussie V8 Supercar Holden Commodore to go with the Falcon XR8; an early 70's Mercury Capri; Alfa 155 touring car (might be on there, there IS a 155 but it's unclear if it's the race car); Aston Martin AMR1 (Le Mans racer with a life cut short); and lastly, I know I mentioned Porsche before but the 956 that set the STILL STANDING all-time N'ring record back in 1983 (6m 11s) would be ace...but I'd settle for a Dauer 962 (snuck in the same way they got RUF in there).

I know GT5 can't be all things to all people, but all of the above cars are significant whether it be because of its innovative design, its racing pedigree, or its popularity. The concept cars I can understand including because the point of GT is driving fantasy as much as it is racing. BUT, there are a lot of "econo-boxes" that were included in GT5 that would be well replaced by ANY car I've listed. Do people even really race in the Daihatsu Move? Cos I know they don't fantasize about it :yuck: And let's not get started on the number of Miatas/MX5s/Eunos Roadsters, Evos, and Skylines there are...Granted they are legacy cars from previous games, and if the model exists you might as well include it.

The fact that I thought up all the cars on my list from memory says that PD has some gaps to fill, because by no means do I consider myself an expert. I love the series, I've completed I through IV all to 100%, and I will PLAY THE HELL out of GT5. I just hope there will regularly be DLC cars, and more love shown to European cars and classic race cars. Maybe then I could forgive the Sony bureaucracy for delaying it time and time again.
 
Back