Where are all the Iconic cars ???

  • Thread starter Thread starter Japspecvr6
  • 228 comments
  • 22,108 views
I actually doubt i'll be buying GT5 after seeing that car list. It's just GT4 with a few added, many of which have no place in a driving/racing game, IMO.

So many key cars are missing, that it deems a purchase pointless. I'm so disapointed. What have they been working on for so long? This is not six years worth of content, no way.

Call me a whiney bitch, selfish, whatever. It doesn't change the cold facts of the situation.
 
Where are all the Iconic cars ???

/\

Not happy at all PD. I don't care about Honda's.
 
What I don't get is why; why in the world, did they buy expensive licenses like Ferrari, Lamborghini, Maserati............if they only decide to make 5 or 6 cars of each of these makes....


It's like they're thinking: "ok, now that we've done 3 or 4 Lambos, let's make 500 Skylines."

Blows my mind.
 
Car list makes it look like GT4 HD

I hope what I see when I slide it into my PS3 changes my mind - I feel we may have been bamboozled here.
 
What I don't get is why; why in the world, did they buy expensive licenses like Ferrari, Lamborghini, Maserati............if they only decide to make 5 or 6 cars of each of these makes....


It's like they're thinking: "ok, now that we've done 3 or 4 Lambos, let's make 500 Skylines."

Blows my mind.

Maserati is the oddest. Only 1 car, and it isn't even the MC12.
 
I actually doubt i'll be buying GT5 after seeing that car list. It's just GT4 with a few added, many of which have no place in a driving/racing game, IMO.

So many key cars are missing, that it deems a purchase pointless. I'm so disapointed. What have they been working on for so long? This is not six years worth of content, no way.

Call me a whiney bitch, selfish, whatever. It doesn't change the cold facts of the situation.

Man come on!Don't you see the difference between GT4 and GT5?
It's just childish angry. 👍
 
What I don't get is why; why in the world, did they buy expensive licenses like Ferrari, Lamborghini, Maserati............if they only decide to make 5 or 6 cars of each of these makes....


Blows my mind.

Btw there's ONE Maserati lolol I'm seriously hoping for more Ferraris and at least the MC12 from Maserati
 
Car list makes it look like GT4 HD

I hope what I see when I slide it into my PS3 changes my mind - I feel we may have been bamboozled here.

/thread.

It's just not good enough.

They should have spent six years starting a completely new car list from scratch, all premium.

To me, it's clear they've spent two, maybe three years porting all of the GT4 models, and making a few new models that weren't in GT5p. It's clear. Can nobody else see this?
 
True, but driving a E30 318is myself, the hope was there 'till today...:crazy:

E30 318iS driver here too - was hoping to at least see an E30 M3 in the game: its really almost expected as its the most successful touring car of all time.
 
G8 GTs were made 2008-2009
G8 GXPs were made in 2009

I don't know about iconic but Pontiac's grand finale in building the most powerful Pontiac ever was overlooked.

I'm selfishly upset that my car isn't in the game. It deserves to be.
By the same token Holden should have been shown more love.
I had two shots of the G8/Commodore(2006-2009) being in the game but was let down on both counts.

I knew my dates were off, but I was shooting from the cuff. That was pretty stupid of me to put that they made G8s in '11 though. My car is an '05 GTO, and I was so hoping they'd have either a GTO or a Monaro with a modeled cockpit, but no luck. Not even the G8/Commodore which was one of the highest-reviewed cars to come out in that price range while it was being built.

Sorry for quoting this whole post again JT but just wanted to give you massive 👍 👍 👍 👍 I know American cars are kinda looked down on and Pontiac wasn't known as the pinnacle of quality but those models you listed ARE sooo iconic. I'd give anything to see a '78 or 2002 Trans Am in GT.. :drool: I love Firebirds & Trans Ams sooo much! it's a shame Pontiac is almost totally ignored in the game.. :(

I agree.

I also can't believe that the CTS-V isn't in there! It's one of the "big 3" players in the big, powerful, RWD sports sedans, and has beaten the M5 and AMG around tracks across the world, and yet no love. Ugh. Maybe for GT6 since they have nothing to do but model tracks and cars until then.
 
Sorry to say this and don't feel attacked, but:
How on earth is it possible that PD cannot or did not pay some licenses like a Zonda, Porsches, Aston martin DBS etc if you see Forza3 is selling fewer copies which automatically means less income, which also means less to spend on licenses.
How on earth did PD not have enough cash to contract some car manufacturers when they sold 11 million GT4-copies and 5.x million GT5p copies. While Forza3 only sold 2million copies but they have licenses for many iconic cars. PD/Sony should've that amount of money as well for licenses (even much more) and they should've the resources to make more new models for a new game..
 
Sorry to say this and don't feel attacked, but:
How on earth is it possible that PD cannot or did not pay some licenses like a Zonda, Porsches, Aston martin DBS etc if you see Forza3 is selling fewer copies which automatically means less income, which also means less to spend on licenses.
How on earth did PD not have enough cash to contract some car manufacturers when they sold 11 million GT4-copies and 5.x million GT5p copies. While Forza3 only sold 2million copies but they have licenses for many iconic cars. PD/Sony should've that amount of money as well and they should've the resources to make more new models for a new game..

Because the way PD and Turn 10 gather information/reference pictures differently. PD practically makes everything in Japan, Turn 10 hires different companies from all over the world to make their cars.
 
The only iconic car missing is the Benz Patent-MotorWagen lol.

Seriously though, the list is to be expected. They say they will port over almost all GT4/PSP cars, and the 200 new additions will be premium. I'm just surprised there's not many more Ferrari/Lambo/McLaren. Instead we get the crappy PSP-style duplicates and multiple liveries of the same cars. Also what's with the 'RM' tag on some cars? Is that the same as 'Tuned' versions in GT5P? And does this mean there is no Racing Modification on other cars?

Either way, I'm 80% fine with the car list. It's the track list that I'm more worried about.
 
If they are going to include all of these cars that don't belong in a racing game and omit countless icons that do, at least have the decency to give us an explanation or be available to contact for questions.
 
Aston Martin DB5, Early Ferarri's, '68 Shelby GT500, '77 Trans Am, '69 GTO Judge, any of the Boss Mustangs, 427 powered Corvettes, just to name a few
 
I still can't believe it. 6 years for less tracks and 100 new cars 👎 👎 👎 👎
 
You mean like the Ferrari Testarossa and 250 GTO? How about to a lesser degree the '03 Cobra SVT, this coming from a non ford fan.

yea very annoyed the terminator cobra isnt in there....but an 05 and 07 mustang gt? Why does no car game have my car in it....arguably one of the more important mustangs ever made.
 
Cadillac CTS-V, best of the 3, WHERE IS IT?
'11 Mustang 5.0, best of the 3, where is it?
'03 Cobra
'06 GTO
'02 Trans Am
GT500

dot dot dot, etc...etc.

Even if Kaz didn't give a **** about all the American stuff, I would have liked to at least see a Continental GT or CL65 AMG. It's lacking in the Mercedes line up. Needs moar CLS, CL, SLK, and E. Older E30 & E46 M3 as everyone has said... I mean really. These are the everyday performance cars that people here have. They should be in the game after 6 ****ing years.
 
I think we can sum this thread up in roughly these two posts without singling out specific vehicles.

Not even one car of the top 10 of the Top gear test track are in-game..
schermafbeelding2010111b.png

Just plain bad..
^ This


what they failed to realize is once the nascar fans go out of the nascar-cars in gt5, they will have a choice of a couple fords and chevy's here and there, and bam 50 skylines, 30 evos, 20 wrx.
^ and this.
 
Oh yeah poor Americans with your own race series, tracks and manufacturers. There isn't one new addition of Australian cars or tracks in GT5

So utterly pissed off at the lack of any new cars and tracks. Prologue was half of what GT5 is :banghead:
 
Live with it, its not like the skyline fan's have got what they wanted! 30 years of skyline history is a standard model.:grumpy:

I mean atleast you got a 60's Premium camaro and vet, we got a damn GT4 ports for our classic's! Not one oldscool JDM car is Premium.

Actually, I'm quite sure that at least one R32 is premium. It was in the GTHD demo from way back in 06 iirc

On another note...wow @ the list of American cars. As mentioned before...no '11 GT? No 03/04 SVT Cobra? No CTS-V? Epic lulz, I hope some good DLC comes our way soon. I do love the '71 Mach in there though. Nice choice.

EDIT: I was right about there being a premium R32. #749 P/S Nissan SKYLINE GT-R V·spec II (R32) ‘94
 
Last edited:
I actually doubt i'll be buying GT5 after seeing that car list. It's just GT4 with a few added, many of which have no place in a driving/racing game, IMO.

So many key cars are missing, that it deems a purchase pointless. I'm so disapointed. What have they been working on for so long? This is not six years worth of content, no way.

Call me a whiney bitch, selfish, whatever. It doesn't change the cold facts of the situation.

You have every right to feel that way. IMO.
I am kinda pissed I sold my Xbox and Forza for this. The content is really lacking. On the bright side though, the physics will be way better than Forza, times 10, hopefully.

I am definitely glad I stepped down from the Collector's Edition to just the regular one. That money saved will hopefully go to DLC.
 
I think they really missed on putting in a lot of great cars of today and the past.

If this really is a game that takes the car and tuning world into account why aren't many past masters such as the Ford Cosworths, 5.0s, Renault A610s, and 5GT Turbos in there?

Those cars were/are affordable, quick, and great fun to tinker with.
 
I can't help to wonder why the left out the 360s and Audi has no RS4 or RS5 or even a S5 and thats just to name a few. What did they do with all tha time ?
 
Why is the list only accessible through the Japanese site and not the American one? sorry if this is a dumb quesiton.
 
Actually, I'm quite sure that at least one R32 is premium. It was in the GTHD demo from way back in 06 iirc

On another note...wow @ the list of American cars. As mentioned before...no '11 GT? No 03/04 SVT Cobra? No CTS-V? Epic lulz, I hope some good DLC comes our way soon. I do love the '71 Mach in there though. Nice choice.

EDIT: I was right about there being a premium R32. #749 P/S Nissan SKYLINE GT-R V·spec II (R32) ?94

I know that the R32 is premium but i was talking about classic skyline's. Every thing from 1957 to 1988, and all the cars from that period are standard.

I was hoping that atleast the kpgc10 hakosuka would be premium, its the fitst gtr.
 
I think they really missed on putting in a lot of great cars of today and the past.

If this really is a game that takes the car and tuning world into account why aren't many past masters such as the Ford Cosworths, 5.0s, Renault A610s, and 5GT Turbos in there?

Those cars were/are affordable, quick, and great fun to tinker with.
Yet there are 1000+ cars in the game. This is more than I have ever seen in any game. Sure there are many many cars that are not there but no other game offers such a wide selection of cars as we have here.

Even if they had 10,000 cars there would still be people complaining about what cars were there and which ones weren't. That is just the way it is. It does not change the fact that we have a boat load of cars that you will not find anywhere else.

I would have loved to see them add the 69 Eliminator, a 55 Tbird, A second gen Camaro, Some Firebirds, some old race cars from the 30s, 40s, 50s and many many others and yes I would perfer these to many of the cars that are included but there are only so many cars that will go into any game and no matter which are choosen there will be people thinking it was a bad choice.

Enjoy what we have and hope for DLC. It is possible that if they see a high enough demand for DLC that we will get some down the road.
 
Loads of Honda civics. What's that about.
 
Back