Where do you think Horizon 5 will take place?

• Thread starter Populuxe
  • 58 comments

Where do you think Horizon 5 will take place?

• China

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Japan

Votes: 31 42.5%
  • India

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Russia

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Other Asia

Votes: 8 11.0%
  • Australia/New Zealand/Tasmania (again)

• British Isles (again)

• Scandinavia

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Western Europe (again)

• Eastern Europe

• Africa

Votes: 6 8.2%
  • Middle East

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • United States (again)

• Canada

Votes: 6 8.2%
  • Mexico

• Central America

• Brazil

• Other South America

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters
This may be a bit early. I was hoping 4 would be in Japan so I hope 5 ends up there. There's tons of under rated JDM gems that I would love to see come to the game. Autozam AZ-1, Skyline GTS-T, Toyota Soarer, Bathurst RX-7, Dome Zero, Honda Beat, Suzuki Cappuccino, Daihatsu Copen, and a V6 Camry(ulitmate sleeper) are all on my short list.

FM8 and FH5 won't happen if you ask me. The world needs FH4 right now but after that it's time for Forza to come up with something new.

In space.
After the previous FH4 speculation thread I was searching in vain for the moon and North Pole options in the poll.

It'd be nice if they covered authentic spacecraft like the Space Shuttle, Vostok 1 and Tesla Roadster although they may need to introduce homologation or heavy rubberbanding in order to allow the older vehicles to keep up.

I was going to suggest an undersea venue but the Spongebob Speed Car Racing series already has that covered.

In seriousness Playground must be feeling the pressure from the online weeaboo army to set the next instalment in the land of the rising sun, although I'm not sure whether even T10's budget could stretch to sending a team there for a whole year to photograph four seasons' worth of skybox.

Last edited:
I Hope its not going to be Japan, Maybe Dubai because of the super/hyper car culture, and its a great location for desert offroading, spaggetti mountain roads and highspeed highways. A perfect location for every kind of petrolhead.

I am getting really tired of the crying minority on YT and other forums who are complaining about FH not being in Japan and the lack of Tupperware they can add to their Honda.

FM8 and FH5 won't happen if you ask me. The world needs FH4 right now but after that it's time for Forza to come up with something new.
Golden egg laying top selling MS racing franchise goose, meet shotgun.

Ha ha, yeah, no, I don't think Horizon is going to be dropped any time soon. Motorsport, possibly.

Last edited:
The whole "the next Horizon MUST take place in Japan" meme has been around since the first game so I wouldn't be surprised if it never happens. They'll probably throw a curveball on us by setting the next game in China or South Korea or something.

I voted Other Asia. I'm thinking either Seoul or Hong Kong. Part of me just wants to see the "we want Japan" crowd get salty again. :P
China with HK as an expansion would be interesting.

Golden egg laying top selling MS racing franchise goose, meet shotgun.

Ha ha, yeah, no, I don't think Horizon is going to be dropped any time soon. Motorsport, possibly.

I'm sure the open world formula will carry on in some shape or form, but the Horizon Festival is beginning to get repetitive. It's not uncommon that successful franchises draw a line after 4-5 entries, and I think FH4 could be a pinnacle entry that won't beg to be surpassed within the same conceptual boundaries. Microsoft already said they will support FH4 for years, which to me sounds like a slightly longer lifespan that what we usually see with Forza games. Microsoft just acquired Playground Games and Ralph Fulton implied that this development will bring exciting things down the road.

So I'm basically sensing that FH4 will be the last Forza game for this console generation. Turn 10 and Playground Games will eventually merge with the latter calling the shots and cook something fresh for the next console generation. I could be entirely wrong of course.

I’m one of the players who wants Japan, but FH5 will not be in Japan. And Hong Kong will not be chosen as well.
These countries and areas are on the left-hand traffic.

I have already seen some complaints about what Britain was chosen for.
Among them, the reasons for the complaints we saw many times are complaints "They chose the left-hand traffic again."
Left-hand traffic countries like Japan and the UK are minorities. Therefore, FH5 will choose the right-handed traffic country to solve their dissatisfaction.

I do not think setting Horizon in Japan would be a good idea anymore given's one of the famous manufacturer being a complete 🤬 about their cars being visually modified.. Then again it would be cool.

Am I the only one who thinks Africa (Egypt) like running next to pyramids in the desert going to Isreal (Dead Sea) would be cool?? 💡

I guess I am.

Am I the only one who thinks Africa (Egypt) like running next to pyramids in the desert going to Isreal (Dead Sea) would be cool?? 💡

I guess I am.

I don't think a deformable Wailing Wall would go down too well with the locals.

Last edited:
In a leak back in the FH2 days, Australia and California were both considered. California is a very diverse state, and would be great for a FH game, but so many open world racers are set in the US, so FH needs to continue to set itself apart from the rest. British Columbia would be very nice.

I'm thinking it would be a launch title for the next-Xbox, so to try to win some Japan sales for a new gen console, I say Japan.

I think Japan may not going to happen since we all showed Turn 10 that Japan is the carrot in the stick to us.

I think if they can talk MS into skipping a cycle it will happen, otherwise the chances are indeed probably slim. As it is I don't think 2 years is enough to make a map that does justice to a location like Japan. Australia is a good example of why it's hard to cram a whole country into one small map, none of the sections were all that big and no roads really stand out. Thankfully they are returning to smaller regions in FH4.

Latest Posts

Back