Where have you been having your fun?

• Thread starter crowhop
  • 543 comments
The other day I tried out LeMans with progressive weather. It started out cloudy then started raining and finally it turned to snow. I was just out there hotlapping and I crashed a couple of times but it was really fun I might have to try that in a full race

Currently I’m having fun on essentially every track. I‘m still in the Honey Moon Phase I think, so I just can’t get enough of this Game :D
I started the Career Mode, but soon I decided to switch to online Racing as it’s the most fun for me to compete against Human Beings.
My Top 3 Cars so far are
BMW M1 Pro Car
Mercedes Benz 190 Evolution
BMW 2002 Stance Works
Always on Default Setup and only Real World Driving Aids.
That means no ABS, no Traction Control, full Damage and it’s a blast.
The only downside is almost nobody enters my lobbies :lol:
The few ones that do find their way into them actually don’t stay there for long though, as they somehow manage to crash quite a lot and then they leave :dunce: ( hello, we have Pits, Mechanics, so f…get your Car fixed and drive)
I‘d really like more people to race with, so if anyone reads this and thinks yes, racing with this Dude sounds like some proper fun, feel free to send me a friend request on PSN.
Unfortunately, none of my GTS Buddies plays PC2, so it’s a bit of an empty feeling somehow.
My PSN ID is PirovacBoy
Hope to see and race some of you Guys soon… :cheers:

...Always on Default Setup and only Real World Driving Aids.
That means no ABS, no Traction Control, full Damage and it’s a blast.
The only downside is almost nobody enters my lobbies :lol:
FYI, "Real" assists means cars with traction/stability control in real life will have those assists enabled by default, without an easy way to turn them off unless the user is prepared to do so during the session.

FYI, "Real" assists means cars with traction/stability control in real life will have those assists enabled by default, without an easy way to turn them off unless the user is prepared to do so during the session.
Of course, I was just referring to those Cars I mentioned and they don’t have ABS or Traction Control.
Only the Benz has ABS, but I don’t like it so I turn it off manually during the Session…I tried other Cars too with real assists which do have ABS and TCS but I tend to turn them off, as for me personally they are more enjoyable to drive without them interfering.

@PirovacBoy -- Gotcha. I was replying about your lonely lobbies, though. The "Real" setting is a turnoff compared to just forcing assists off, much less leaving it open to preference. There are plenty of sim racers who drive without assists.

Not looking for likes or subs, in fact I'm probably going to delete all videos & shut the channel down but if any of you new players want some inspiration then have a butchers at a few of these.

75% controller 25% wheel usage
AI Skill 100 / Aggression 50-100
No Aids (maybe abs low in the earlier vids)
Day/night transitions
Changeable & Crazy weather settings
Just good old fun times in general.

I have posted this somewhere before but it's probably lost in all the pages.

Also as a new challenge, instead of fighting your way through the field, set up a race against the AI at 120, start on pole and see how many positions you lose/can defend against.

Make sure the aggression level is at 50% for this though or they will just punt you out the way but racing in a defensive way can be just as exciting as attacking.

Hope you have fun.

Last edited:
Had some great time yesterday in PC2. Best open lobby I’ve come across since I got the Game a month ago.
The Host disabled all assists and forced everyone to use the default setup for the Car.
After every Race he changed the Car Class and Track.
This way I finally got the Chance to drive some Cars I have not driven so far. From slow ones to the very fast ones, he covered everything.
Amazing racing.
The Guys in the Lobby drove super fast and fair, I had absolutely no chance to keep up with them. Incredible pace…no idea how they did that, I always thought I’m decent but those Guys just destroyed me :lol:

Nissian Oreca 03 - Fantastic Car
Certainly in my top 25 or even top 10.
Running at Sonoma Raceway Short, time trials and a few quick races. Going thru the S-turns and over the hills - really great.

Since us console players don’t have any proper MINI Challenge racers, been doing some one make countryman RX events. Have to tinker with transmission and suspension settings, but it’s amazing the effect small changes do to the handling and balance.

Have not done a lot of the class C road cars.
Did some today, enjoyed quite a lot.
When you have your game settings, wheel settings the way you want....this game can be damn good in a lot of cars. I did not even make any tuning adjustments. I wished a lot more people could experience, took the time, or had the time to really see how good this game can be. That includes myself, first 2 years or so of having game never really got the game\my wheel settings like I do today. Sure would like to have some of those meaningless hours in GTS back.

Last night I had rally cross running in a heavy snowstorm in Donnington (sp?) in the dark. That was fun

Taking a break from computer and running PC2 on PS4 this weekend. PC2 has to be the best overall racer for PS4 at least simwise.

Always forget that have to press the ps button on the wheel to activate it on playstation - not sure why I forget.

That did not last long, back on computer. Also baught the last car pack that I needed to complete, which was Japan pack.

Game keeps getting better and better for me.

Anyways ran a race with GT-ONE, never really used that car to much, was nice experience.

Last edited:
hey mates.. i remember that a while back i downloaded a custom championship tool on PC and it was great.. but i cant remember the name of it now.. anyone knows the name ?

Just about every time ...I have a good hour or two session with Project Cars 2....things keep getting better n better.

Today tried a different wheel calibration set-up that seen video on, and I believe that it will make a good strides on contolabilty for most cars.

I believe this game can be about as good as you want it to be. If you put in the time and research on how others get the most from the game.

When you do, it is several levels beyond what you will ever get out of Froza Motorsports or Granturismo.

Doing some multi-class racing myself. Have not done that much in the past. Just did a 20 minuet race at Zolder, DPI 2 (my group), DPI 3, GTO, GT1.
Was nice race and challenging. Dealing with the slower GTO and GT1 cars on the last few laps, as I was chasing two other DPI 2 cars, while keeping another DPI 2 csr at bay. I really enjoy the DPI cars.

My recommendations to anyone especially those somewhat new. Try all the cars as often as you can, of course after you have decent settings for you wheel or game pad. Have the A.I. difficulty set to be challenging but not impossible and this will very from track to track and vehicle to vehicle. I would like to do more online races, but open lobby is 75 to 90 perecent GT3 and on same tracks at least for anu that have more then 5 players on computer.

Over Christmas I've been running with the Olsbergs RX lite on multiple tracks set to the 25th December - so they are snow and ice covered! Great car for fun, controlled sliding all over the place. Give it a try.

Over Christmas I've been running with the Olsbergs RX lite on multiple tracks set to the 25th December - so they are snow and ice covered! Great car for fun, controlled sliding all over the place. Give it a try.
Brand Hatch Indy is fantastic to run with these small little rally cars. Did a few races over the holidays myself. I think they would make for some great online races....for those that can keep it real but still have fun.

I have a adjusted my steering sensativity to around 70 percent compared to the normal 50 percent for my T-150 wheel. Almost like a brand new game, cars so much easier to control. Far fewer unpredicted sudden spin outs in turns etc.
PC2 for me feels really good on my compture or on the PS4.

Everywhere, with any Car on any Track. This Game is by far my most played Game. I‘m on PS5 and I just can’t believe how good this Game looks and Sounds.
After 4 Months I’m still absolutely in love with it.
It’s such a blast and pleasure to drive around its tracks that I can’t describe how much I enjoy this game.
It has got everything.
The fully adjustable Weather, Cars etc.
I can honestly say that this Game is my personal best racing Game I’ve ever experienced.
I play racing Games since 1990 always on Console and I know what I’m talking about.
It’s such a shame that SMS gave up on this Game. I don’t get it.
The Player Base is so small, there is so much potential in this game, even nowadays.
I made some friendships with some decent drivers, and everytime we get together, we have a good time.
If just more people would play this Game…
Most of the time I spend my time waiting to get some players into my lobby and mostly it doesn’t happen to get some competitive racing.
But when I race the TX3 Guys for example it’s always a blast. There are a few good and fair fast drivers still playing this Game, so it’s not dead yet.
But I think when GT7 comes out, it could be Game Over.
As much as I Love this Game, but I think I’ll jump back on the GT Train just because of its sheer Player Base.
Competitive Racing anytime without having to wait for hours to get some decent Racing.
But until then, I’ll gladly enjoy this Gem of a Game
I‘ll still enjoy PC2 just because of its huge Variety and I would always pick PC2 as my most favorite Racing Game, but waiting for Hours to finally get some Players into my Lobby and in 99% of that time not being really challenged is boring and exhausting.

Last track i had fun in before i uninstall pcars 2 for the first time since i install it on sep 23 2017 was monza classic the final laps i ever did in pcars 2 was on my favorite track with my favorite car since i have no interest of ever installing this game again.

Plus i'm into bikes now more anyway.

I was playing last night and I decided to see how many cars I can get in the 200 mph club. I decided to use classic LeMans and I started out with the Ferrari 330 I got it up 185mph next it was the Merc Suaber C9 I got it up to 190 I believe. I started getting sleepy after that so that was it. I know I have to tune them specifically for that speed and that is fun as well just trying to tune them to get them to that speed. On the Merc I lower the final gear and boosted the turbo I believe. I probably need to lower the fuel load as well. Anyway I am looking forward to see how many cars I can get 200.

Mojave Sidewinder
Really Good with some of the lower power vehicles. Like 60s sports cars, or identical race for the Honda two seater. Looks great also on conputer and 65 inch screen high def.
It's got a fun, old-timey vibe to it, doesn't it? I think it was Coyote Noose I was screwing around with the old Lotus IndyCar.

That Honda is a seriously fun car, too.

It's got a fun, old-timey vibe to it, doesn't it? I think it was Coyote Noose I was screwing around with the old Lotus IndyCar.

That Honda is a seriously fun car, too.
Agree....at dusk the lightning looks so good.

Took rally cars around it in addition to the Honda.
Ran old formula car yesterday at Brands Indy - was good.

Also did the full large track a little bit. Have alnost no time on that one, its a wild track. Once you get used to it a little bit, it has nice flow. Those off camber corners are a trip though!

This game offers a lot for those that take the time to get it and your wheel set up for good times.

I have been doing some GT3 racing at Laguna Seca. I finally figured out that I can do the custom races with practice and qualifying sessions. So I can jump and race now so that has been good. There is so much content that sometimes I can't figure out what I want to do

Back