Where have you been having your fun?

• Thread starter crowhop
  • 544 comments
Console but XSX have maxed console version - good. The only problem is with some settings... which is probably possible only on PC?
Thank you for the reply. I do have an Xbox series X but have not turned it on since I bought it

The group I play with uses PlayStations and I do not have a PS5 yet.

If the game is significantly better on an Xbox series X then a PS4 Pro I may pull the trigger and buy it again

Thank you for the reply. I do have an Xbox series X but have not turned it on since I bought it

If the game is significantly better on an Xbox series X then a PS4 Pro I may pull the trigger and buy it again
It should be a bit. Pro is not that fast as X1X but I am not sure if the resolution was dynamic. XSX version is maximum of X1X and it's what you always wanted :D I love it on a controller because no other game has similar feeling. It's like driving a car on your own.

edit:
And good thing on PC2 is you can appreciate Motorsport 7 even more because it has great controls. Not great like PC2 but very far from GTS. It's good to switch it sometimes to see some cool stuff there.

Last edited:

I play a lot of PC2 online on the playstation. Idk about the community on xbox, i'm sure its there. Either way we get together twice a week for a league race other than that we just get on and have short 20min races on public lobbies.

What I find with ACC on console is, the TCS and ABS physics, keep the car stable. Not much correction, barely, needed when braking and accelerating in corners. It feels more naturally progressive. Plus, the engine braking sounds, help with the feeling of the car's behaviour.

In PC2, I rarely use the GT3 cars. It's the classic cars, for me, that I find communicate the best. Those show off the physics of this game.

Both games reward me with their physics.

OMG, karting on Nordschleife is so fun. It's crazy fast. I didn't like karting circuits too much but here everything is so good.

Drifting around Mojave test track is great! I wonder why it's not in PC2.
Mojave is, but the open version isn't.

It's been said that the game couldn't cope with calculating LiveTrack 3.0 on such an expansive driveable area.

Mojave is, but the open version isn't.

It's been said that the game couldn't cope with calculating LiveTrack 3.0 on such an expansive driveable area.
Good to know it's because of LiveTrack 3.0. It's so refreshing to cruise around and playing with the car. It's like Horizon but with a bit better controls and physics :D

Oh, and Bannochbrae at night, amazing!

Last edited:
Did a 25H(60x) at Dubai, to replicate the real Dubai 24H race happening right now. 11am, Hazy start, Light clouds, Med clouds, Hazy finish.

Used the Cavool Megane TC with GT3, GT4 and TC1 classes. Fought with a GT4 Vantage all race, for P1. In the next morning, I eventually divebomed it at one of the right-handers, in the middle of the circuit. :D

As a English man I'm not really into Nascar/oval racing but saying that I decided to re-live my 90s youth as Cole Trickle using the closest thing I could find other than the modern day Nascar's available, so using the Mustang GTO & setting it up for oval racing I set about recreating Days of Thunder.

I managed to get the thing upto 208mph under it's own power while holding around the 195mph mark around the bends at Daytona & getting 220mph in the slip stream, placing the AI at 110/50 so they were fast but not overly aggressive/stupid.

Running a quick few 50 lap races with & without mandatory pit stops I actually found myself enjoying this turn left only racing, just as the description for Oval racing says in game, racing at 200mph while being in a close pack is intense & fun.

So then I took it to classic Monza where the AI weren't so great (crashes all over the place) but still fun nonetheless :)

Running a quick few 50 lap races with & without mandatory pit stops I actually found myself enjoying this turn left only racing, just as the description for Oval racing says in game, racing at 200mph while being in a close pack is intense & fun.

Try it in VR. Your heart will be stomping.

Caterham-only races at BannochBrae.

Since this isn't a popular option online and it is very rare that players enter such a lobby, I have been doing it with the help of AIs (half the field, meaning 8 cars) set at 70% skill and 10% aggression. Oh, and Full Damage, that alone ensures no stoopid players enter (and if they do they don't stay for long). This "track" doesn't have runoff areas so if you crash it'll be against rock and you're probably done immediately.

If anyone wants to try this, your aim should be around the 2'30 mark. AIs at 70% are a decent challenge, they do above 2'36 up to the low 2'40s, but such times around such a long lap mean there's not a huge gap in cornering speed or braking distances. Coupled with full damage this means that some careful (realistic) driving is needed to gain positions.

In any case, if you find 70% AI not challenging (therefore not fun) or too much (also not fun) , you can always set that value to your liking.

I find the Caterhams immensely fun, and being a former hillclimber myself (altough in a more civilized and outdated kind of car), I find these "road" tracks very interesting and I do get immersed by them. Almost want to stop at the litle town just after the chicane to look for a pub and a drink :lol:

Well, I easily beat the Caterham AIs at 70% and I'll guess I'll still beat them with a higher skill, the problem is that from my experience it's the humans that can't keep those litle Caterham buggers off the walls, barriers and cliffs, if and when I have human entrants they rarely end the race anyway.

Therefore and in trying to keep some "human interest" for a lobby I host I keep the AI at 70%. I prefer that to take damage off. Damage on (in Full mode actually) is what keeps human players honest because as said at BannochBrae it goes like this: one shunt = you're done.

Last edited:
Taking a break from AM2 and from dabbling in AC. Back at Project Cars 2 and having a good time.

F35 FERRARI CHALLENGE Car at one of the career special events. 10 laps at Mugello in light rain. Fantastic event and I do not even really like racing in the rain that much or know that track very well. One of my best races since getting my gaming lap top back in the summer.

Sim racing is so much better then GT or Forza.
It is a lot of fun and challenging doing lap after lap and just hoping you can gain a position or 2 each lap. 15 to 20 minuets go by in no time at all. While in GTS more then about 10 minuets or less become bored as heck.

I be doing more career events and the invitation events over the next several weeks.

Project Cars looks great on the my gaming lap top.

Continuing to have fun in a variety of ways. Doing my second career series, the lambo only. The first race was pretty each, but have struggled on the others. At event 6 and my team is somehow still in 3rd place. Also unlocked a few more invitational and manufactures events. Other then that just doing a variety of cars and tracks that have not used to often. Along with an occasional online race. Did the Accura GT3 only online time challenge event today also....nice one.

Have changed my overall settings to not have any brake assists and minimal traction control. So far this seems to be better for my driving style.

This game really shines on the PC.

Last edited:
Been recently doing an HLC with a private Xbox group, usually not much for hotlapping but this has been pretty fun. Although it still bugs the hell out of me when I give it the time I have and someone spends three hours to get one lucky lap to beat me. Whatever. Found some track/car combinations that have been really fun and in some cases, pretty unlikely. @Hun200kmh, one of those challenges was the Caterham at Bannochbrae, man, that car is MADE for that road! Other tracks and cars we've ran:
Renault Sport RS 01 GT3 at Caldwell Woodland- maybe not a good combo, but a challenge, to be sure
BMW M1 Procar, COTA National- Really liked this one, the shorter track is better than the full, had something in common with the Dubai Ferrari one below
Mini Countryman Rd, Dirtfsh Vineyard- Had never driven rally cars in this game, turns out, I really like it!
F355 Challenge, Dubai International- Liked the track, loved the car, but much like COTA, it did turn out to be as much about managing tire heat as anything. Which some would hate but I enjoyed thoroughly!
Karts, Dubai Kartdrome- See the Mini
Formula X, Fuji- Never tried this one, either, was very much about managing and effectively using boost more than anything, though.
Aston Martin Vantage GTE, Hockenheim Nat'l.- Never mind this one
Lotus 72D- Azure Coast- Who would have thought this would be fun? It really was!

What is a "Track Day" car?
If you press R2, to sort the list into categories, then scroll down you'll find the 2 classes of track day cars. It's cars like the P1 GTR but also includes the Caterham 300 and Radicals.

Project Cars 2 really comes alive using a computer. I forgot that I had downloaded a user custom force feed back setting over the summer. What a difference it makes.

Currently running with no brake assist and minimal traction control. The cars are easier to control, braking and in general maintaing speed thru the corners.

Currently doing a variety of tracks including several that do not have much time on.

Doing off line and online races and career.

Game feels and look really good with my current settings.

Driving the heck out of Accura GT3 car with green naturally.

Sept. 18th back at PC2 after several months break of messing around with AMS2 and other things. PC2 "wow" - really good when you have all the settings set just right and on ultra graphics. I am sure that I have it set better than just a few months ago. Feels like a new game. Certainly some of the best racing experience or just hot lapping that have had in quite awhile.
I think I will play this a lot now and maybe try AMS2 again from time to time and on holiday/vacation breaks. Hope some day there will be something very similar but better - like double the car count, more medium length circuits ( 2 to 4 mile), and certainly some tweaks to phyics, livery editor. Might have to try out some mods.

Last edited:
My top 3 car/track combo may be :

Porsche 917k / Historic Spa
Ferrari Daytona / Watkins Glen GP
Porsche 935/77 / Banochbrae

But also
Mercedes AMG GT3 / Oulton Park
Ferrari Fxx k / Mugello
Ferrari 512 bb gr.4 / Imola

Sakitto Sprint - what a great track.

Been hot lapping in all sorts of cars. Some of the old light weight race cars, absolute blast on this track. Do you have the nerve to go flat out around the sweeping corners....definetly a fun track.

Really been having some of my best experience ever running on PC, ultra settings. With my wheel/pedals configured good for my driving. Adjusting car settings, especially with regards to braking to allow most to be enjoyable.

When you get things right at least for me it is like brand new game.

I love to race on Monza, LeMans and Laguna Seca. I like to take out the LMPs on the first tracks and I will take everything else out on Laguna Seca on my PS5.

I'm a regular on Stoopid Challenges, I really enjoy driving cars and tracks i would never have thought to try- I believe most of us, myself included, kind of find our thing and just do that, when there's some really great hidden gems in there. There's some pretty terrible ones too, but then the challenge becomes figuring out what needs to be done to get it around the track.

Also been picking away at the career, having run through it once I figured I'd go back and see how much I can complete. In the Ginetta GT5 cup series right now, that is a seriously fun little car to throw around, just a really great time to be had with it, especially on the tighter tracks.

Doing a little bit of career mode currently have not done much. The career series that currently in has formation laps, not used to that at all. On one race got 15 second penalty before the race even started lol. On the second in same series got a 5 second penalty for speeding on the formation lap. Then was being very careful as got to last turn and on to the straight before the start. Did not want to jump the lights, majority of field flew past me. On one of the iventational blew the motor on the starting line, by reving to much before green. Excellent stuff.

Doing a little bit of career mode currently have not done much. The career series that currently in has formation laps, not used to that at all. On one race got 15 second penalty before the race even started lol. On the second in same series got a 5 second penalty for speeding on the formation lap. Then was being very careful as got to last turn and on to the straight before the start. Did not want to jump the lights, majority of field flew past me. On one of the iventational blew the motor on the starting line, by reving to much before green. Excellent stuff.
You do have to be very careful with the formation lap. I think that's a common theme among games that run them, because the AI has to be very rigid about how they do it.

In PC2 you want to make sure there is some space to the car in front because in some cases they will slow down a lot more than you are expecting. But don't let them get too far ahead, because at roughly the start of the third sector everyone will go to 100% throttle to form up behind the leader. If you're in the back or in a slow class and you aren't ready for that you'll get a "too-slow" penalty. It will also take some experience to learn exactly what they do on which track and where they might take a dumb line and bump you.

It's fine to take a penalty now and then if you feel you deserved it, but don't feel too bad about restarting a formation lap because it's just a little bit too awkward to always avoid penalties. It is actually possible for an AI car to bump you and they're the only ones penalized, but it's very rare.

You do have to be very careful with the formation lap. I think that's a common theme among games that run them, because the AI has to be very rigid about how they do it.

In PC2 you want to make sure there is some space to the car in front because in some cases they will slow down a lot more than you are expecting. But don't let them get too far ahead, because at roughly the start of the third sector everyone will go to 100% throttle to form up behind the leader. If you're in the back or in a slow class and you aren't ready for that you'll get a "too-slow" penalty. It will also take some experience to learn exactly what they do on which track and where they might take a dumb line and bump you.

It's fine to take a penalty now and then if you feel you deserved it, but don't feel too bad about restarting a formation lap because it's just a little bit too awkward to always avoid penalties. It is actually possible for an AI car to bump you and they're the only ones penalized, but it's very rare.
I was not complaining or anything, just kind of surprised and thought it was good to have that realism

Back