Where have you been having your fun?

• Thread starter crowhop
  • 544 comments
What are the total amount of career mode trophies/goals you can collect in this game between all the car/track combinations(PC version here)? Is there enough to keep you going and progressing for a while?

This is the most grin-inducing game I've ever played. Seemingly every combination of car and track provide new levels of enjoyment.
The IndyCars almost anywhere is a thrill. As well as the 90s GTO and GT1 Classes.

Which combos have you found?
BMW 2002 Turbo around Snetterton 100. I play with a controller and I am no drifter but damn this car is so fun on that track! In the big corner the sound of the rear tires gently invite you to go sideways..... invitation accepted! Mad fun. :D Don't need a handbrake at all, just control the slide with the steering angle and the throttle.

Running a combination of Private Tests and Quick Races on a variety of tracks, mostly in GT3 cars while getting comfortable with the game before I move on to a few more challenging car classes. I really wish there was some kind of record keeping for private test laps and not just time trial. I really enjoy the weather and time progression effects which are unfortunately not present in time trial mode (for obvious reasons). I guess it's back to manually recording lap times in an Excel spreadsheet.

Assuming you're not driving Miss Daisy, that sounds a touch...unrealistic.

Good to know... 👍👍
Weather set to summer
Time x60
Pirealli Slicks

Tires at the end of 6 laps
Project_CARS_2_20170926211517.png
Tires at the end of 12 laps

So that's two full tank of gas and i never changed tires once
Hope is not a Bug?

In Pcars 1 the Ginetta Jr was a very boring car to drive has SMS livened it up?
TBH I didn't put much time into Pcars1, I had so many wheel issues I stopped playing. But I'll say you can definitely lean on the cars more in Pcars2, I felt that in PC1 I would get the most random car behaviors like unrecoverable snap oversteer. Now pretty much every car is a blast to drive, they all seem to be more predictable which translates to fun for me. I love racing the Ginetta JR.

Edit: And to clarify, most of the improved predictability comes from the transition from straight line braking to trailing brakes. Whereas in PC1 trailing the brakes meant certain doom would eventually happen with continued use. I think the other guy (Crow?) said it best with the improved tire modeling.

Last edited:
Taking 60's and 70's race cars out to Spa-Francorchamps Classic for 1-hour races. Simply amazing. What a great game.

Last edited:
I was having some fun tuning and posting top times on the ovals but then found that after all that hard work anyone can just grab my tunes and use them so that sucks. The game should give us an option to share a tune not do it without our knowing it.

I've tried to have fun on the road courses but between initial FFB issues, braking issues and downshift protection on some cars I can't say it has been much fun.

Im really enjoying the career mode; 22 car races. Having to qualify and warm the tyres. Racing with your teammate.

Im almost funished my gt4 season, racing for bmw motorsport, with an invite to race for them full time after this season.

My teamate his been placing 13 and below. But we're second in the championship with one race to go. We can still lose if the team in first, both place top 8 in this next race. This brings a whole new experience of racing for me. I'm having a blast!

Caterhams around Oulton park last night, amazing fun

Im really enjoying the career mode; 22 car races. Having to qualify and warm the tyres. Racing with your teammate.

Im almost funished my gt4 season, racing for bmw motorsport, with an invite to race for them full time after this season.

My teamate his been placing 13 and below. But we're second in the championship with one race to go. We can still lose if the team in first, both place top 8 in this next race. This brings a whole new experience of racing for me. I'm having a blast!

I think I might start my career in the Super Treofi season tonight , such a sweat handling car

Last edited by a moderator:
I was having some fun tuning and posting top times on the ovals but then found that after all that hard work anyone can just grab my tunes and use them so that sucks. The game should give us an option to share a tune not do it without our knowing it.

I've tried to have fun on the road courses but between initial FFB issues, braking issues and downshift protection on some cars I can't say it has been much fun.
How does sharing even work in time trial? I went to Time Trial with the specific aim of getting a fast tune and it wasn't obvious how that was even done.

How does sharing even work in time trial? I went to Time Trial with the specific aim of getting a fast tune and it wasn't obvious how that was even done.

I did it by accident. If you load a ghost to race against then go into the time trial screen where you have the start and tuning options you can click the little gear looking thing on the right of the persons whose ghost you loaded and it will load that tune on your car. You can then look at the settings, edit it save it whatever, just like it was your own tune.

I did it by accident. If you load a ghost to race against then go into the time trial screen where you have the start and tuning options you can click the little gear looking thing on the right of the persons whose ghost you loaded and it will load that tune on your car. You can then look at the settings, edit it save it whatever, just like it was your own tune.
Nice! So, what's the secret at Indy? Just trim out more downforce and pray?

Nice! So, what's the secret at Indy? Just trim out more downforce and pray?

As little downforce as possible, close brake and radiator openings to 0 then start tweaking the gearing and suspension to get it to carry as much speed as possible all the way around the track. I've posted a few number 1 times on all the ovals already, those tunes should be available for download.

What AI is everyone running? I'm currently at 80 and I need a increase as I'm dominating sometimes too much.

I don't care anything about career or special events, etc. I've always just ran 10 lap quick races, no practice or qualifying, 23 car AI field, random starting position, no rain. With PCars1 I used 70 AI. That would allow me to have a good race even if I started dead last to have a fighting chance to win or I've even started on pole and finished somewhere in the top 10. I never knew what I was going to get. It was unpredictable and that was good.

But I tried the same setting with PCars2 and just got hammered. The AI was 8 or 9 seconds a lap quicker than I was and that's on tracks that I know well. Didn't matter which car I chose it was still the same result. So I started reducing it down 10 at a time. Got down to 40 and AI was still a good 4 seconds a lap quicker. Moved it down to 30 and won my first race off of that. So now I'm going to start moving it up gradually to see what happens.

I know having it at 30 sounds terrible when others are at 80 and think that's too slow.

On PCars 1 my brother and I were doing 2 lap online races with a full field of AI and we were starting in the back of the pack every time. Was fun for a while but then we were able to figure out how to navigate quickly through the AI and before long it was like we were racing alone again.

A few of my go-tos:
  • The Ginetta Junior at any of the MSV tracks, really. Just a ton of fun.
  • F50 GT at Imola. I mean, how could you not? Tried it in the preview build and immediately gelled.
  • Caterham at Knockhill. Tried it for the community event, and stuck with it.
  • Ford GT LM at COTA. Not really a fan of the circuit, but the GT makes it a lot more enjoyable.

Clio Cup at Knockhill - 2 wheel action guaranteed.
Ginetta G40 Junior at Oulton Park - so easy to overdo it.
McLaren 702s at Nordschleife - simply terrifying (mediocre driver with a 700HP monster equals a lot of near-death moments).

Online race in the Formula C at Classic Silverstone. That track has a lot more character in this latest game. An awesome experience, especially in VR.

Also, the new Community Time Trial Event at Zhuhai in the Formula Renault. I probably ran 15 laps there last night without even realizing it. The open-wheelers, in particular, are spectacular in VR. Highly recommend!

Back