Where is the customization?

jubeiiiii246

(Banned)
United States
NYC
jubei257
I've recently bought GT Sport 7 days ago and I've enjoying the game so far and the online is fun. The only thing I've noticed is no Gt Auto? Every GT had an area to customize your car. Sure we have a great selection of detailed rims and the livery editor is great and all but I would like to see the addition of wings, custom wings, additional gauges, diffusers, body kit options and other cool additions like they did in GT6. Even in the performance area, you could change your exhaust and it would look different. For example the R32 GTR in GT6 & 5 had the racing exhaust, which was a meaty, 3.5 inch exhaust that gave me an erection... :drool: Now I have the R32 in GT Sport and it has 600 BHP and it has a stock tip, which really turns me off :yuck:

The most an R32 has ever given my was a slight swelling. If you are going fully turgid over an exhaust you should seek help.
This is a serious post?

It was one example used for the performance aspect of customization. The underlying point is a valid one as well, as customization was a pretty big aspect in the past that is now pretty much non-existent. It's a thing a lot of people like, so not sure why you're trying to belittle his point.

I forgot that Americans need emoticons to tell them if

Wow sense of humor bypass much?
It wasn't until you actually edited the post that made it seem like a "joke", if you can call it that. Not sure why being disrespectful about where we're from had to be pulled into it.

So touchy.
Not sure why being disrespectful about where we're from had to be pulled into it.
Whos editing now? Anyway I thought I got rid of that rude bit but it got added back in when I hit reply. Thats why I edited it back out.

So touchy.

Whos editing now? Anyway I thought I got rid of that rude bit but it got added back in when I hit reply. Thats why I edited it back out.
Whos editing now? I did to add on to the post that I wrote.

You, however, had said something insulting from the get go, in both posts. You backtracked to try to hide it instead. There wasn't a joke from the beginning, until you edited the post to not so much like the ass that you seem to be.. Not quite the same thing. Probably explains why that "Joke" bypassed my humor.

LOL nice joke. and by "erection" I mean mentally. Don't be judgmental over what I like or like to do.

no need to act embarrassed about it. i bet lots of people get sprung from looking at one of those huge aftermarket exhausts that have holes drilled in them and are kind of blueish at the end probably. its not the 70s anymore you dont have to hide it

The most an R32 has ever given my was a slight swelling. If you are going fully turgid over an exhaust you should seek help.

OP is absolutely right. Completely ruins the immersion when you have a 800hp gtr with the stock exhaust, stock turbo, stock internals. Real cars DO NOT work like that. A developer all about creating an immersive driving simulator and they pull this crap? Anyone who is a car enthusiast would be bothered by this. I do wonder what the heck is going on in Kaz mind.

It's a classic PD move. They giveth, and they Taketh away. We get a livery editor, but no customization. GT6. No livery editor, but we get "some" customization. How they operate is truly baffling to me.

Knowing them, if they added customization, the game wouldn't even be out right now. In any creative project, from videogames to architecture (my sister's field), "scope-creep" is a very real threat to completing projects on-time and on-budget.

I know it may seem silly for GT Auto to not be put in for visual modifications, but it was never a core focus of the game. The livery easily makes up for this though, because you can spend hours in there. In fact, you can personalise your car even more with it, because body mods simply aren't enough. Yes it would be good to have them but if you want customisation, you play Need For Speed.

I know it may seem silly for GT Auto to not be put in for visual modifications, but it was never a core focus of the game. The livery easily makes up for this though, because you can spend hours in there. In fact, you can personalise your car even more with it, because body mods simply aren't enough. Yes it would be good to have them but if you want customisation, you play Need For Speed.

Customization has been a prominent part of GT since the first game! Being able to add intercoolers and exhausts to your favorite ride and see your car progress is what made the game special. That is a fact.

I've recently bought GT Sport 7 days ago and I've enjoying the game so far and the online is fun. The only thing I've noticed is no Gt Auto? Every GT had an area to customize your car. Sure we have a great selection of detailed rims and the livery editor is great and all but I would like to see the addition of wings, custom wings, additional gauges, diffusers, body kit options and other cool additions like they did in GT6. Even in the performance area, you could change your exhaust and it would look different. For example the R32 GTR in GT6 & 5 had the racing exhaust, which was a meaty, 3.5 inch exhaust that gave me an erection... :drool: Now I have the R32 in GT Sport and it has 600 BHP and it has a stock tip, which really turns me off :yuck:
Its better to have a tuned car inside, then a wannebe fast and furius car outside.. those cars you see everyday in real life. Its so funny to beat a ferrari with a little bit tuned rs6 in real life.

OP could have expressed himself more politely but his point is still valid.

I'm personally not all that happy about having to dump mileage points into a Stage 1 or 2 etc. but the old GT6 formula or exhaust, manifold, cat or even the complex Forza method is probably making few people happy.

I am a real life motoring enthusiast so I know that the first steps are something like air filter. exhaust etc. and the end bits are something like cams and pistons etc.

But does this matter to the avg. player?

I like to think of GTS's stage 1 as those sorts of mild bolt ons and the stage 3 etc. is the more complicated engine internals (its just hidden from you).

Forza 7 and Horizon 3 was complexity for experts that at the end of the day, didnt have much meaning to actual gameplay and since the avg. player is NOT an expert.

I see this GTS is similar in vein to the Forza Homologation nonsense...

OP could have expressed himself more politely but his point is still valid.

I'm personally not all that happy about having to dump mileage points into a Stage 1 or 2 etc. but the old GT6 formula or exhaust, manifold, cat or even the complex Forza method is probably making few people happy.

I am a real life motoring enthusiast so I know that the first steps are something like air filter. exhaust etc. and the end bits are something like cams and pistons etc.

But does this matter to the avg. player?

I like to think of GTS's stage 1 as those sorts of mild bolt ons and the stage 3 etc. is the more complicated engine internals (its just hidden from you).

Forza 7 and Horizon 3 was complexity for experts that at the end of the day, didnt have much meaning to actual gameplay and since the avg. player is NOT an expert.

I see this GTS is similar in vein to the Forza Homologation nonsense...

I think the simplest way of doing things would be for PD to atleast give the players options, Something which would be a very new thing and unheard of for PD, If players don't understand the complexity of upgrades/parts whatever you want to call them they could easily just not use them that way the casual players are grouped together and those who understand tuning/mechanicals etc can be grouped together.

As a former mechanic it at a garage that ran rally cars it really irks me how PD could just foolishly leave this stuff out, I don't know if Dr Kaz is the one who solely calls all the shots but one would think with his racing experience he would atleast have some understanding of both visual upgrades and those hidden in the bowels of an engine, Leaving them out the way they have just shows how barebones GTSport really is.

No dynamic time
No dynamic weather
Very few tracks
Lets not even get me started on the Mileage exchange
No real customisation

They may aswell have called it GT Academy 2017 and called it a day.

Well I think these are broad design decisions that you and I dont agree with but there's little that can be done.

It used to be about car collection and putting in upgrades for a defined class race. Both this game and Forza have killed a lot of that. I try to enjoy this game for what it is rather than what I want it to be.

Remember the flat floors and race customisation...

GT Auto was pretty much replaced with Custom Suspension and tyre compounds being a standard "gift" in this game.

I wonder what the Sport in Gran Turismo Sport and the classification groupings could possibly mean? Oh well, I guess it shall forever be a mystery.

Back