Which 20 Million Car did you buy first

• Thread starter TonyB66
  • 157 comments
I have the Ferrari 330 P4 which was a prize car. I haven't bought a Cr20m car yet. The pretty cool Shelby Daytona Coupe is my biggest purchase followed by the fantastic Aston Martin DB3S.

I currently have Cr16.5m and plan on buying the Ford Mark IV very soon. Actually, this is a car that has never appeared in the roulette for me. What are the odds I win one in the week after I buy one?

Last edited:
Decisions Decisions- I’m at 17m credits again and wondering what to get next. Do I go for a 15m D Type Jaguar or the Lamborghini Miura of keep saving for the 20m Jaguar XJ13 or a 250 GTO?

I like to use cars that I buy and anything in Group X is a bit limited in the number of Races you can use them.

Already have the 250 GT, Shelby Daytona and 330 P4

I’m bored of the grind for credits and need to buy all the other 1m+ cars I haven’t got for free yet. I could accomplish most of that with the 17m I have already.

Decisions Decisions- I’m at 17m credits again and wondering what to get next. Do I go for a 15m D Type Jaguar or the Lamborghini Miura of keep saving for the 20m Jaguar XJ13 or a 250 GTO?

I like to use cars that I buy and anything in Group X is a bit limited in the number of Races you can use them.

I’m bored of the grind for credits and need to buy all the other 1m+ cars I haven’t got for free yet. I could accomplish most of that with the 17m I have already.
I'm in a similar position - a while ago I asked advice on whether to get the 250GT or the Miura and the general consensus was the Miura - then the D Type came along and muddied the waters more! So I ended up buying the Red Bull and a few more VGTs instead. Now back at 18M or so and not sure what to get next.
What I can say is the Jag XJ13 is the car I've driven most.... nearly 6,000 Km followed by the Peugeot 908. The Jag is real fun to drive, especially around LaSarthe and now started using cockpit view for the event and it's great! But, those Nostalgia races in pro are the only place you can take it outside of Arcade.
Happy hunting!

If you can wait for the Ferrari Daytona to come into the game first, then it might be great... But I think it might belong to a different class compared to your choices above.

Been a while since I last posted here but I took the chance on buying a Miura when I saw that I have 17 million credits available. A nice addition to my collection.

Gran Turismo®SPORT_20190903171623.png

20190903175550.jpg

If, like me, you've just spent 15m on a Miura, only to find it handles like a big wide boat, you'll be a) extremely disappointed and b) wanting to refer to @fordlaser excellent tune above which I found in the Tuning Forum and which makes the car a pleasure to drive, instead of a nightmare...! Good work all round.

Now I can properly practice driving round Goodwood for the rest of this evening rehearsing for my trip to Goodwood Revival tomorrow. Just in case a replacement driver is needed at short notice who knows the track :D:lol:

Did someone say D Type...? :D

View attachment 850565

Tough decision and it's a good point from @GTV0819 about the upcoming Daytona for which we don't know the price yet.

However, I went for the Miura as my second unicorn after the 330 P4 as it is N Class and therefore useful in many races in the Amateur section of GT League (though not in the Professional category).

You will need a tune for the Miura though as it handles like a boat when stock! See the tuning forum for @fordlaser excellent tune which transformed the handling. [Other excellent tunes are available]

The D Type does look lovely though (see my post above from Goodwood Revival on Friday :D) so that will probably be my third unicorn, even though it's not much use outside of the Nostalgia races and wont win those either :(

That said, I do wonder if it will come out though for another update scheduled this month.

As those 2 cars were seen in scapes, they are clearly already fully modelled, so it's pretty safe to assume they will come in the next update, which I'm guessing will be around 24 September (hopefully with S** track :lol:) (with the Taycan and Tokyo wet coming end of october with other cars).

Might be worth @TonyB66 waiting a week to see if the Daytona is 10m or more? You could buy a cheaper car or two while you wait and then build up a few million after,

As those 2 cars were seen in scapes, they are clearly already fully modelled, so it's pretty safe to assume they will come in the next update, which I'm guessing will be around 24 September (hopefully with S** track :lol:) (with the Taycan and Tokyo wet coming end of october with other cars).
Yeah, I forgot about the Taycan lol. So more or less, we already have ideas about which cars will debut into the game next. And the good thing is that those two, the Taycan and the Daytona, are models both of which have not appeared in the previous installments because of obvious reasons. So it'd be good to look forward on this one.

I don't think that the 365 GTB4 or Daytona is gonna cost around like 8 figures considering that in GT6 it only costed 6 figures.

I'd be willing to bet its only gonna have 7 figures at best up to 3 million. A good example of this is the Ferrari GTO. Didn't have that much of a price increase.

Tough decision and it's a good point from @GTV0819 about the upcoming Daytona for which we don't know the price yet.

However, I went for the Miura as my second unicorn after the 330 P4 as it is N Class and therefore useful in many races in the Amateur section of GT League (though not in the Professional category).

You will need a tune for the Miura though as it handles like a boat when stock! See the tuning forum for @fordlaser excellent tune which transformed the handling. [Other excellent tunes are available]

The D Type does look lovely though (see my post above from Goodwood Revival on Friday :D) so that will probably be my third unicorn, even though it's not much use outside of the Nostalgia races and wont win those either :(
I just brought the Jaguar D type, can it win in the nostalgia race at Goodwood, because I have not tuned it yet ?.

I just brought the Jaguar D type, can it win in the nostalgia race at Goodwood, because I have not tuned it yet ?.
From the other thread.

Stock, no. Maxed out, it’s tough but you can win. Minus the 250 GTO as far as I’m aware, price correlates to success in the Nostalgic 1979 events.

XJ13 was my first and only 20mill car, I'm working on getting all of the most expensive ones at the moment...

20m
Ferrari 330 P4
Ferrari 250 GTO
Jaguar XJ13
Ford Mark IV

15m
Jaguar D-Type
Shelby Cobra Daytona
Lamborghini Miura

12.5m
Ferrari 250 GT

10m
Aston Martin DB3S
Alfa Romeo Giulia TZ2

I'm at 13.1mill at the moment so I hope to have either the D-Type or the Shelby in the next day or two.

Already have the 330P, XJ13 & DB3S. Just bought the Cobra Daytona and it drives and sounds fantastic. Obviously not as quick as the former two (in stock form at least). But highly recommended.

BTW, is the 250 GTO a race or road car.

My own findings about these cars. And a question.

As a background, I've driven the top three on Racing Hards in the Nostalgic 1979 races as well as on Comfort Softs in time trials just for fun to get somewhat realistic grip levels, and the rest of the racers mainly on Comfort Softs for the same reason. The problems with the D-Type may stem from this but on the other hand, none of the others suffer from similar issues, not even the Aston.

The heavy hitters:
Ferrari 330 P4 - The most typical race car of them all. Light, nimble, fast. Always a good choice.
Ford Mk IV Race car - Heavy, with a lazily revving V8, the opposite of the Ferrari in feeling. Still almost as fast and a more pleasant drive in my opinion.
Jaguar XJ13 - Somewhere between the former two. Not quite as fast as the Ferrari, not quite as much of a tank as the Ford. You can't go wrong with any of these three.

The rest of the racers:
Alfa Romeo Giulia TZ2 - Very light, fun and reasonably challenging to drive, but ultimately slow. Only good as a joyrider.
Aston Martin DB3S - Easy to drive, much faster than the Alfa, nearly as fast as the Jaguar despite being low on power and a much more pleasant experience all round. See below.
Jaguar D-Type - Something wrong with the handling. Extremely heavy throttle oversteer even in third gear that can't be properly tuned out. Very hard to drive fast as a result.
Shelby Daytona Coupe - Perhaps the most relaxing drive of them all, even beating the Mk IV. And the engine sound alone is enough of a reason to buy it.

The road warrior:
Lamborghini Miura P400 Bertone Prototype - Deceptively fast, quick enough to take clean wins in the N600 rated Lamborghini Cup in N300 guise on Sports Softs. Need a good setup and a good driver though.

And the question...
Ferrari 250 GTO - Don't have this one. No idea if it's worth getting - is it? The only use for it would be having fun on my own on Comfort Softs and 20 million is a lot for such a purpose.

My own findings about these cars. And a question.

As a background, I've driven the top three on Racing Hards in the Nostalgic 1979 races as well as on Comfort Softs in time trials just for fun to get somewhat realistic grip levels, and the rest of the racers mainly on Comfort Softs for the same reason. The problems with the D-Type may stem from this but on the other hand, none of the others suffer from similar issues, not even the Aston.

The heavy hitters:
Ferrari 330 P4 - The most typical race car of them all. Light, nimble, fast. Always a good choice.
Ford Mk IV Race car - Heavy, with a lazily revving V8, the opposite of the Ferrari in feeling. Still almost as fast and a more pleasant drive in my opinion.
Jaguar XJ13 - Somewhere between the former two. Not quite as fast as the Ferrari, not quite as much of a tank as the Ford. You can't go wrong with any of these three.

The rest of the racers:
Alfa Romeo Giulia TZ2 - Very light, fun and reasonably challenging to drive, but ultimately slow. Only good as a joyrider.
Aston Martin DB3S - Easy to drive, much faster than the Alfa, nearly as fast as the Jaguar despite being low on power and a much more pleasant experience all round. See below.
Jaguar D-Type - Something wrong with the handling. Extremely heavy throttle oversteer even in third gear that can't be properly tuned out. Very hard to drive fast as a result.
Shelby Daytona Coupe - Perhaps the most relaxing drive of them all, even beating the Mk IV. And the engine sound alone is enough of a reason to buy it.

The road warrior:
Lamborghini Miura P400 Bertone Prototype - Deceptively fast, quick enough to take clean wins in the N600 rated Lamborghini Cup in N300 guise on Sports Softs. Need a good setup and a good driver though.

And the question...
Ferrari 250 GTO - Don't have this one. No idea if it's worth getting - is it? The only use for it would be having fun on my own on Comfort Softs and 20 million is a lot for such a purpose.

Really good summary, and I agree with your comments on the cars I have (Jag XJ13, 330 P4, Mk IV)

If we ever get a Chaparral 2D sometime in the game, that thing would also be almost as good since it weighs slightly more than a ton but still below 1000kg.

So less than a tonne. :)

XJ13 was my first and only 20mill car, I'm working on getting all of the most expensive ones at the moment...

20m
Ferrari 330 P4
Ferrari 250 GTO
Jaguar XJ13
Ford Mark IV

15m
Jaguar D-Type
Shelby Cobra Daytona
Lamborghini Miura

12.5m
Ferrari 250 GT

10m
Aston Martin DB3S
Alfa Romeo Giulia TZ2

I'm at 13.1mill at the moment so I hope to have either the D-Type or the Shelby in the next day or two.

I would definitely go for the Shelby, great sounding car and with a Tune, handles well and capable of winning the Historic Races in Professional.

Can’t see the Daytona (when it arrives ) being a mega money car, I rate it below 250GT somewhere in the 1-3m Mark.

I would definitely go for the Shelby, great sounding car and with a Tune, handles well and capable of winning the Historic Races in Professional.

In my experience all eligible cars can do it - except the Gordini.
With the Alfa Romeo, Ferrari GTO and Aston Martin you may have to cut a few corners but I've managed to have clean race bonus with all the others, including the D type - though you need to tune all but the big three!

I just went for the obvious choice and got the 330 P4, if only to have something good for Nostalgic 1979. I think something to consider is that the 330 P4/Mk.IV/XJ13 are historic prototypes, while stuff like the TZ2/Daytona Coupe/250GTO were historic Grand Tourers. In the actual races from those years, these raced in separate classes, which IIRC had further sub-classes based on displacement and some other factors. I suppose trying to clear Nostalgic 1979 with that latter group of cars would be a little like trying to win a race that has both Gr.3 and Gr.1 cars, and you picked one of the Gr.3 cars.

I got gifted the Jaguar XJ13 and the first one I bought was the Ferrari 330 because its the fastest for grinding the nostalgic La Sarthe race, I usually do 6:40 or so for every race so you can get 1 million in less than half an hour.
After that I bought the Miura because its into NXX grup (great car), and the Aston Martin because I thought it looks cool/retro. Not sure what to buy next.

Back