Which car has the best sound in GT4!?

• Thread starter Quattro
  • 1,129 comments
One of the best sounds in this game is the Aston Martin DB9 with racing exhaust, without question.

In all honesty, i think PD could take a page out of the Need for Speed book when it comes to the engine sounds of our fav cars.

Have not been playing this game for too long but;

Caddy CEIN sounds sweet IMHO.. you can't fit the lightened fly wheel/close ratio gearbox so it just slowly spits through the gears..

MOTUL Honda Civic race car at 9,800 rpms sounds wicked.

Although, i must also say i'm a bit of a softy for the old AE86 4AGE.. sounds pretty accurate too.

'63 Corvette racing exhaust sounds better than the racing exhaust of many other cars from its era. Down-low it sputters, but this transforms out to a growl as revs rise. You still hear the pistons & lifters doing their thing near redline (rather than a generic, overly smooth hum like so many other racing exhaust '60s-era American cars are prone to in GT4).

'63 Corvette racing exhaust sounds better than the racing exhaust of many other cars from its era. Down-low it sputters, but this transforms out to a growl as revs rise. You still hear the pistons & lifters doing their thing near redline (rather than a generic, overly smooth hum like so many other racing exhaust '60s-era American cars are prone to in GT4).

I tried a racing exhaust on a '69 Corvette last night and it sounded great too!
I don't like the sound of a chevelle though. :(

I tried a racing exhaust on a '69 Corvette last night and it sounded great too!
I don't like the sound of a chevelle though. :(

Chevelle sounds good with stock exhaust...but the other 3 mods suck. In my opinion, all muscle cars from the '60s with a straight pipe should sound just like something from a '60's-era NASCAR event. Most exhausts in GT4 (sport, semi-racing, or racing) sound generic or false in some way, unfortunately.

SL55 AMG with racing exhaust

Peugoet 206RC with a racing exhaust

Aston V12s

BMW M3 GTR

Cizetta

TOM's Chaser with a racing exhaust

Does it sound different from a SL65 AMG with a racing exhaust? :confused:

I like the sound of the 330i with a racing exhaust :)

Also the M3 GTR sounds good 👍

Yes, very much so. I feel the noises for all SLs are demented, but the racing one on the SL55 is a really rough V8 that turns smooth. Also, don't buy the racing transmission..keep the auto and just cruise with 750hp:tup:

Will send in a few soon, but try an FPV GT with a sports or stock exhaust. Both are music to the petrolhead's ears

Yes, very much so. I feel the noises for all SLs are demented, but the racing one on the SL55 is a really rough V8 that turns smooth. Also, don't buy the racing transmission..keep the auto and just cruise with 750hp:tup:

Alright.. Thank you for the advice.. I'll buy the car now and buy a racing exhaust for it and see hear what it has to offer 👍

I tested the SL55 AMG with a racing exhaust and let me tell you one thing, 80Y 2C2: The sound's awesome! ;) Really really rough :P

Last edited by a moderator:
Although I love rotaries, the best sound award goes to the Dodge Charger 440 R/T '70. Great sound IMO, pretty impressive for an American Muscle.

Nothing beats the Mazda 787B for me, in fact the only car remotely close is a stock R34 Skyline.

umm... Honda Dualnote sounds a bit spooky, especially on high speed.

It sounds the same as (most of) the NSX's and the HSC, so you could say the same for them too. Also, the Audi A3 has the same engine noise, only considerably deeper.

As for the best sounding car in the game, mine would definitely be the Ford GT Road Car. The GT40 sounds reasonably realistic too.

I would say the '95 Honda Integra (DC2), especially when its fully tuned with Turbo (I had stage 5).

Last edited:
Back