Which car has the best sound in GT4!?

• Thread starter Quattro
  • 1,129 comments
If GT4's interpretation of the Auto Union V16 is fairly good, it should sound awesome. The world was shocked by the booming and rasp growl of the German Grand Prix cars in 1934. The sound of Mercedes' V12s and Auto Union's V16s were remiscient of the German fighter planes that flew by during the Spainish Civil War. British reporters were open-mouthed and gagging when the Germans came to Donington. These were some of the loudest and most ferocius engines ever made.

But I'm sure Polyphony will make it sound softer than a Nissan Skyline. :rolleyes: :dunce:

Grand Prix
If GT4's interpretation of the Auto Union V16 is fairly good, it should sound awesome. The world was shocked by the booming and rasp growl of the German Grand Prix cars in 1934. The sound of Mercedes' V12s and Auto Union's V16s were remiscient of the German fighter planes that flew by during the Spainish Civil War. British reporters were open-mouthed and gagging when the Germans came to Donington. These were some of the loudest and most ferocius engines ever made.

But I'm sure Polyphony will make it sound softer than a Nissan Skyline. :rolleyes: :dunce:

probably make it sound like a kenwood food blender

You are all crazy.

The best sounding car is the Gulf FORD GT40 Race Car '69.

I loved doing GT3 Seattle just to hear it :)

GT40 Race Car, drool.

I'm still trying to figure out how they can do some cars so right and do others so very wrong.

For the most part, I've been pleased with the car sounds. Even the ones that probably don't sound exactly like their real-life counterparts still sound like real engines.

And then there's the Mercedes-McLaren SLR. Perhaps the single worst "we didn't even bother trying" engine sound in the game. Which is really a pity, because it's such an awesome car.

The Caribra sounds a lot better. The Acura DN-X was a nice surprise. So far, the GNX with a sport exhaust is my favorite sound.

I LOVE the Ford GT and Mustang GT engine notes, especially at low RPMs. They sound quite angry, almost like a Harley Davidson. They are the best in the game so far.

But when I tuned my 70s Corvette it sounded all wrong, like a blender. Same goes for my Buick GNX. But what can you do?

Jetboys427
And the Charger? Does it sound anything like GT3's Cobra, or is it badass all its own?
The Charger sounds amazing, it's got the deep V8 growl like a proper muscle car should have. Amazing car to drive, and listen to.

Honestly Need for Speed Underground 2 still has the best sound effects out of any racing game i've played including GT4. Maybe Polyphony should've did what EA North did and actually REALLY record the damn engine sounds.

It would've been nice to have the 2005 Ford Mustang GT sound like the same model from NFS:U2 (NOW THAT'S what a freakin' V8 should SOUND LIKE YEAH! It got my heart pounding just by hearing that thing ROARRRRRRRRRRRRRR!). I've only just started playing the game and nothing that i've heard yet sounds great (all piddly micro cars and 4 bangers). I do like my starter cars engine though. Sounds pretty good. It's a Silvia's K 2000cc (S13) '91.

Don't think I shouldn't be judging the game even though I haven't heard a lot yet, because I still have through various replay's and movies off the internet.

I have only driven a few cars, and I'm not claiming anything as being best. It is so subjective. I'm just happy that the rotaries now sound great. With racing exhaust they now have that annoying, to anybody but rotary purists, raspy tinny shriek. It's great.

I am a huge rotary fan, so I'm in heaven. Other car sounds I like are the 350Z's. I have the Prototype Nismo LM 350Z, it sounds awesome.

ok, i think this thread need some common sense. i have read the first 5 pages or so and.. all i can say is WTF. i got gt4 tuesday and ALL the cars i drove so far sound almost exaclty like real-life counterparts. It is at least 200% better than gt3.

BUT, the thing that i could complain about is not the SOUND but the loudness. a big american V8 makes a LOT more noise than a little 63hp 3L. but you can just turn the volume up a noth when you drive a loud engine

At least the Rx-7 is alot more like its supposed to be this year. The Spirit R handles TREMENDOUSLY (as it should :P), and it sounds a lot more like a rotary than in Gt3.

i hate how the car sounds really loud right before you start a race and then it quiets down. I have to adjust the damn volume everytime.

Dodge Viper SRT-10 sounds nice on my sound system. would be even better if the exhaust would resonate more when you go off the throttle vrroooom!

The '05 GT seems really tame compared to the GT40 in the past games. I like the sound of the Mercedes McLaren though. And oh yeah, has anyone else noticed how quiet the music is ingame? I have it turned up to 16 and I can barely hear it, even with the Car's volume turned down to 14...

havent driven too many cars yet, but the nice vtec kick in the brand new Civic Type R(EP) sounds awesome. just stop and slowly rev it, you can hear it hit vtec at somewhere in the 5000 rpm range. it just sounds lovely and instrumental.

Thirdeye
The '05 GT seems really tame compared to the GT40 in the past games. I like the sound of the Mercedes McLaren though. And oh yeah, has anyone else noticed how quiet the music is ingame? I have it turned up to 16 and I can barely hear it, even with the Car's volume turned down to 14...

Maybe you should I dont know... turn the music off and turn the car volume up! :) as farm as Im concerned that should be the only music we need...

but to each his own 👍 My personal favourites are the suzuki gsxr/4 concept and the nsx/r 02.

Anderton Prime
I LOVE the Ford GT and Mustang GT engine notes, especially at low RPMs. They sound quite angry, almost like a Harley Davidson. They are the best in the game so far.

But when I tuned my 70s Corvette it sounded all wrong, like a blender. Same goes for my Buick GNX. But what can you do?

yeah, my ZR-1 sounds like a dust-buster with the racing exhaust equiped. It saddens me.

You are so right about the Fords though, they sound wonderful.

I haven't gone through the entire thread yet but from what I've played in the game my fav souding car so far (I've played 10% of the game and have about 10 cars all fully modded) is the Honda Integra TypeR (the latest version, that looks like an RSX). That thing is damn loud compared to the other cars in my stable and it screams all the way up to 9,500 RPM. It has that deap VTEC grunt to it also at the same time. I have my PS2 hooked up to a Home Theater setup and this thing can scream and shake the bass at the same time.

Runner up to best sounding car in my garage is the Spoon Integra TypeR. They really got the sound on these Hondas down.

nttdemented
I haven't gone through the entire thread yet but from what I've played in the game my fav souding car so far (I've played 10% of the game and have about 10 cars all fully modded) is the Honda Integra TypeR (the latest version, that looks like an RSX). That thing is damn loud compared to the other cars in my stable and it screams all the way up to 9,500 RPM. It has that deap VTEC grunt to it also at the same time. I have my PS2 hooked up to a Home Theater setup and this thing can scream and shake the bass at the same time.

Runner up to best sounding car in my garage is the Spoon Integra TypeR. They really got the sound on these Hondas down.
The latest Integra Type R IS the RSX, only it's called RSX in the U.S.

Stock Camaro Z28 (1969) 302 block.

My father has that exact car, though it is tuxedo black with no racing stripes. All of the original parts still with it, and he's working on restoring it. I believe it's nearly complete, all he has to do is put the engine back in it and slap a paint job on that puppy and it's done. I think I rode in it once when I was in first grade, he drove me to school but it was having mechanical problems and broke down on the way home where it lay in disrepair for about 15 years.

From what I can tell though, and judging by his reaction, the car sounds really damn close to what it does in real life. Especially with a Logitech Z5500 surround sound system :) Gotta love the throat on those muscle car classics.

Thirdeye
I like the sound of the Mercedes McLaren though.

You are officially on crack. That thing sounds like a frikkin' electric razor. Ever heard what that car really sounds like? It's roar would put the Shelby Cobra to shame. Ever seen the Top Gear episode where they reviewed it? The way Jeremy tells it, the guys at McLaren thought it sounded like a Spitfire, the guys at Mercedes said it sounded like a Messerschmidt.. Jeremy said "They're both wrong.. it sounds like the God of Thunder gargling with nails." And sorry to say, the pathetic whiny.. thing.. they've got in GT4 does not meet any of those three qualifications. PD didn't even ****ing try, they just made up some worthless synthetic crap that doesn't even sound like an engine. Yes, I'm rambling, because their pathetic attempt at the McMerc's engine pisses me off. Unless you did some sort of wacky tuning and muffler replacement to get it to sound like it's supposed to. In which case, tell me what you did so's I can do it. :)

Speaking of mufflers, how much do they affect the sound? And which is better for getting that old-school rumble out of the high powered cars like the McMerc and Ford GT?

Hyperglide
Honestly Need for Speed Underground 2 still has the best sound effects out of any racing game i've played including GT4. Maybe Polyphony should've did what EA North did and actually REALLY record the damn engine sounds.

It would've been nice to have the 2005 Ford Mustang GT sound like the same model from NFS:U2 (NOW THAT'S what a freakin' V8 should SOUND LIKE YEAH! It got my heart pounding just by hearing that thing ROARRRRRRRRRRRRRR!).

100%.

Jedi2016
You are officially on crack. That thing sounds like a frikkin' electric razor. Ever heard what that car really sounds like? It's roar would put the Shelby Cobra to shame. Ever seen the Top Gear episode where they reviewed it? The way Jeremy tells it, the guys at McLaren thought it sounded like a Spitfire, the guys at Mercedes said it sounded like a Messerschmidt.. Jeremy said "They're both wrong.. it sounds like the God of Thunder gargling with nails." And sorry to say, the pathetic whiny.. thing.. they've got in GT4 does not meet any of those three qualifications. PD didn't even ****ing try, they just made up some worthless synthetic crap that doesn't even sound like an engine. Yes, I'm rambling, because their pathetic attempt at the McMerc's engine pisses me off. Unless you did some sort of wacky tuning and muffler replacement to get it to sound like it's supposed to. In which case, tell me what you did so's I can do it. :)

Speaking of mufflers, how much do they affect the sound? And which is better for getting that old-school rumble out of the high powered cars like the McMerc and Ford GT?

Talk about it, my Buick GNX fully modified sounds like a bobbin winder on my grandmother's old sewing machine.

Back