Which car has the best sound in GT4!?

• Thread starter Quattro
  • 1,129 comments
Theres alot of good car sounds in GT4 , but can someone tell me why the Audi R8, Toyota Minolta 89 and the genki silvia all sound like tuned skylines (RB26) despite the fact that both the audi and the toyota have V8 twin turbos and the genki silvia has an sr20 2litre turbo.

DappaDaRealist
Theres alot of good car sounds in GT4 , but can someone tell me why the Audi R8, Toyota Minolta 89 and the genki silvia all sound like tuned skylines (RB26) despite the fact that both the audi and the toyota have V8 twin turbos and the genki silvia has an sr20 2litre turbo.

alot of the race cars sound like tuned skylines. nobody knows why.

those astons sound sweet though. send shivers down my spine when they're climbing past 4k

kinigitt
alot of the race cars sound like tuned skylines. nobody knows why.

those astons sound sweet though. send shivers down my spine when they're climbing past 4k

So they got the astons right then?? i cannot wait 👍

kinigitt
they had em right in GT3, and from the clips I've heard of GT4, they're even better.

The DB9 does not share the delicious of sound of the DB7 and Vanquish. Odd considering that it is largely the same engine and exhaust system. Artificial “variety” on PD’s part.

The sound quality of the Vanquish and the DB7 has not improved…it is all but identical to the excellent samples used in GT3. 👍

The F1 car is the same as the other race cars, but higher-pitched. I wanted to hear it scream...
Speaking of F1 V10s, the Judd V10 in the Pescarolo LMP has none of the shrieking goodness that the real car exhibits.

Samberto
The DB9 does not share the delicious of sound of the DB7 and Vanquish. Odd considering that it is largely the same engine and exhaust system. Artificial “variety” on PD’s part.

The sound quality of the Vanquish and the DB7 has not improved…it is all but identical to the excellent samples used in GT3. 👍

Speaking of F1 V10s, the Judd V10 in the Pescarolo LMP has none of the shrieking goodness that the real car exhibits.

hmmpf... oh well I guess you gotta take what you can get.

About the LMP cars and other full-blown race cars... the only one I've heard that sounds ANYTHING like it's real life counterpart would be the 787b, and the JGTC NSX cars.

The engine sound in bonnet-view seems to be a lot more satisfying than in either of the other views. Though the position is just a tad too high for me and doesn't give you quite the same sensation of speed than the bumper cam.

chaser_fan
The engine sound in bonnet-view seems to be a lot more satisfying than in either of the other views. Though the position is just a tad too high for me and doesn't give you quite the same sensation of speed than the bumper cam.

interesting. that's the one from the roof of the car, right?

Nobody seems to be reading the title of this thread correctly. We already know that some cars sound like sh-t. Please tell us which cars actually do sound good. Thank you.

hwo good does the 350z sound im very picky about this one being i drive a 350z and i would really like to know...........

ps...what is...PAL

Could you tell me what Le Mans cars sound real? Nissan R92CP sounds awesome but does it sound real? Any sound clips from real-life Le Mans cars?

93 silvia aero with a racing muffler sounds badass!

Amuse R34 carbon is incredible. And even more incredible is the fact that it doesn't sound like a highly tuned skyline. More like a ridiculously tuned skyline.

Charger 440 R/t sounds just like the car on the dukes of Hazard

"yes I mean the carrera gt has a good sound, aswell as the astons, and a ferrari challenge stradale, a RX7, a Honda at 8500 rpm, a Subaru boxer, a skyline engine, or old carborator (don't know if its spelled right) enigine .... "

Hey, my RX7 has a Carburetor! Does that put my exhaust note in two of your categories?

On topic, do the Rotaries all sound like. . . . rotaries? I mean, especially the Cosmo with that monster 22B in it.

Samberto

No, the DB9 sound is real too. Its not done by PD, Aston did it themselves to give the DB9 a more subtal noise compared to the more agressive Vanquish.

Daddybird
No, the DB9 sound is real too. Its not done by PD, Aston did it themselves to give the DB9 a more subtal noise compared to the more agressive Vanquish.

The sound may have been recorded, yet the final audio product depends on how PD has recorded and subsequently processed the sample. Further, the DB7 should have the most subtle of the exhaust notes (2000 model before optional Vanquish-like sports system) yet it is a great deal heartier than the DB9. In fact the DB9 comes across as being almost unrefined in comparison with the silken and complex sound of the DB7/Vanqusih.

Once again, it is my view that PD has attempted to create differences in sound between the vehicles. In this case I would suggest that it is knob twiddling gone wrong. (innuendo not wholly intended)

For those who haven’t seen it, here is an image of PD with DB9 at the Nürburgring.

Attachments

• DB9 PD.jpg
    DB9 PD.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 123
Samberto
The sound may have been recorded, yet the final audio product depends on how PD has recorded and subsequently processed the sample. Further, the DB7 should have the most subtle of the exhaust notes (2000 model before optional Vanquish-like sports system) yet it is a great deal heartier than the DB9. In fact the DB9 comes across as being almost unrefined in comparison with the silken and complex sound of the DB7/Vanqusih.

Once again, it is my view that PD has attempted to create differences in sound between the vehicles. In this case I would suggest that it is knob twiddling gone wrong. (innuendo not wholly intended)

For those who haven’t seen it, here is an image of PD with DB9 at the Nürburgring.

hehe. knob twiddling...

I understand your meaning though. somebody in the studio got careless, or something like that.

kinigitt
hehe. knob twiddling...

I understand your meaning though. somebody in the studio got careless, or something like that.

No, I don’t believe that it is the result of carelessness in this case, rather that PD wished to make a distinction in sound between the Astons. Sadly to the detriment of the DB9.

The difference in sound between the Prologue Woodone supra and the final game version illustrates that the processing of the sound is almost as important as the recording of the initial sample.

Samberto

MY GOD THE DB9 IS ONE SEXY CAR

Another sad discovery, the Falken Skyline GTR has lost its ferocious sound in the final game. I cannot fathom why PD have replaced the glorious snarling sound that it made in the demo with generic skyline blandness. 👎

In regard to tasty sounds, the Callaway gives great aural pleasure (once more innuendo not wholly intended.)

attachment.php

Back